EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » CANADAIN STUDENT WANTING TO GO INTO EGYPTOLOGY-- CAIRO UNIVERISTY

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CANADAIN STUDENT WANTING TO GO INTO EGYPTOLOGY-- CAIRO UNIVERISTY
sahara007
Member # 8796

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sahara007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI how is everyone??

I have a qestion, I was born and raised in canada but im originally Egyptain. I just finished high school and want to go into EGyptolgy at Cairo Univeristy, but i have a probalem. I CANT READ ARABIC!! is the course there in ENGLISH?? please reply! i really want to go into egyptolgy but im afrid its only in arabic!!

Posts: 2 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hunted_Porcelain
Member # 7361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hunted_Porcelain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey out there,

Well, try the American University in Cairo.
I'm currently a freshman and I'm quite sure that they offer Arabic courses for international students who are likely to study the language in addition to Egyptology (offered in English). Now that
I speak Arabic, I'm suffering in English courses!
Also, you'll find many exciting courses offered in English such as Science and Technology of Ancient Egypt which sounds very hot (lol coz I'm enrolled in this course).

Anyway, I haven't started yet but I guess: this university is one of the best universities in Egypt. Despite of the fact that it's quite costly, you're gonna love the facilities and the offered majors. Check their web-site yourself www.aucegypt.edu maybe it would help. For any information don't hesitate to hit me back and I'll see what I can do.

PS\ I know nothing about Cairo University. Sorry!

Posts: 116 | From: Cairo - Maadi | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan !
Member # 8876

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan !     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't worry too much about not being able to read Arabic, and like hunted said, i'm assuming you meant AUC? try looking at their website www.aucegypt.edu for some good info. Also, hunted, I'll be studying at AUC this spring, you wouldnt happen to know anyone who would need a flatmate in zamalek? hunted, shoot me an email when you get the chance
Posts: 6 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sahara007
Member # 8796

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for sahara007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys, thanks fotr helping me out... see i dunt want to go to AUC its too expensive you know.. like i'll get the same circulum in Cairo univeristy.. same Egyptology program i wana go into. Thanks anways guys!
Posts: 2 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hunted_Porcelain
Member # 7361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hunted_Porcelain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Rayan!

Well, up to now! I don't have any friends live in Zamalek!
But you know what! On the main campus, you'll find an office called: the International student Service Office (ISSO) There, you'll find a special bulletin (or board) about students whom are looking for roommates so I guess that would help you. But I guess Zamalek is quite expensive area & you can find many flats around Cairo with cheaper price and maybe same (or better) quality.
Note that in Zamalek you'll also have to pay to Taxi to go to Tahreer (where AUC located) and many Taxi drivers expect foreigners to pay extra money! So for some ppl it's easier to live in any other place (Maadi for example) and you can get to AUC easily by underground (Metro) with 75 piasters only! and I assure you The Metro station is next to the AUC main campus! And many AUCians use this way to get to the university.

My advice for you is to give yourself enough time to search for the right place. Do not pick anything! And if you haven't got any place to stay while you're searching I have a lossy flat...but guess you'll owe me too much for that! :P
Just help me with English! Thank you very much!

For more information e-mail me on
Hunted_Porcelain@Hotmail.com (I use MSN too!) Also, I spent long time searching but really I don't see where your e-mail is!!!

Sahara007,
I'm searching for people who study @ the Cairo University. If i received any kind of information I'll post it right away!

Take care All!

Posts: 116 | From: Cairo - Maadi | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com