EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Prospects in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Prospects in Egypt
inetbug
Member # 8814

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for inetbug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm a repatriated expat who's planning to expatriate again very excited - can't wait! i'm totally familiar with cairo/egypt it's people culture and all that and i speak fluent arabic so i'm not really looking for newcomer advice. however, i do need to establish a few contacts before moving.

i'll be relocating from the us with family/kids and all. i don't have a job secured yet but i have good qualifications and background. i work in it and have 5 years experience in my area, graduated and certified. anyway, i'm not so sure i want to work for another employer. i figure this would be a perfect opportunity to take advantage of the time off, establish my own business. i know there are some you with entrepreneurial spirits who are thinking "Yeah!" trust me it's not the first time. i've been planning for ages.

what i would like to do here is converse and exchange ideas with other members who are either (a) planning on moving to egypt (b) expats already living there (c) locals/egyptians and who have time to meet someone new and share their experiences. maybe we could even hookup once i arrive there inshallah. my primary interest is to know if others have tried what i'm planning and if i can learn from their success/failures.

i haven't decided on a specific location yet but it will more than likely be maadi or heliopolis, and i will be researching apartment costs as well (residence & office space). natuarally i will need to find local talent, i'm sure there's no shortage of labor

if anyone here can recommend another forum or website with better resources to help me in my preparation please do point me in that direction. also - if you have any questions for me i'll be glad to offer my advice (free of charge!)

thanks for reading, now it's your turn to post

a johnson
Read more about what I do here

Posts: 12 | From: Columbus, Ohio, USA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hunted_Porcelain
Member # 7361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hunted_Porcelain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there,
I'm non-Egyptian guy who's living in Egypt for some time. Arabic is my first language as well...umm...and definitely you're so welcome.
Since you've been thinking about your project, can you spotlight specifically "what r u planning to do?"
I can see you're new to the forum! Welcome aboard!

Posts: 116 | From: Cairo - Maadi | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salaam Inetbug,

Welcome to the forum

I took a quick look at your website, web design I think is very wanted in Eygpt.

You may make special thread for every kind f thing you want to have information about and I believe many people around here will help you.

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
inetbug
Member # 8814

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for inetbug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
boy am i glad you mentioned that troubles101, i can tell by the looks of most websites that there's definitely a need. i'll take your advice and post seperate threads. how about the people on this forum, who ere they and where are they? is there an introductions thread or new user thread?

... and thank you for welcoming me hunted_porclain (is there a story behind that username?) pleased to meet you! you mentioned you're not egyptian, do you mind if i ask where you come from? did you move to egypt for work/business or personal reasons? do you know many others who have moved to egypt? sorry about the barrage of questions - hope i don't scare you away.

to answer yours, i have grand plans! haha. too much to talk about here. but the short version is basically i specialize in technology solutions & website services so i'd like to setup a small office and do that full time. if you need more specifics about the types of services checkout my website at inetbug.com - you know what? i certainly hope troubles101 is right

anyway guys, thank you both for your warm welcome and i look forward to getting to know you all better over the next few months - i'm looking at a big move - and a major change in my life and it's good to know this forum is here! thanks ya gama3a.

[This message has been edited by inetbug (edited 01 September 2005).]

Posts: 12 | From: Columbus, Ohio, USA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by inetbug:
boy am i glad you mentioned that troubles101, i can tell by the looks of most websites that there's definitely a need. i'll take your advice and post seperate threads. how about the people on this forum, who ere they and where are they? is there an introductions thread or new user thread?

... and thank you for welcoming me hunted_porclain (is there a story behind that username?) pleased to meet you! you mentioned you're not egyptian, do you mind if i ask where you come from? did you move to egypt for work/business or personal reasons? do you know many others who have moved to egypt? sorry about the barrage of questions - hope i don't scare you away.

to answer yours, i have grand plans! haha. too much to talk about here. but the short version is basically i specialize in technology solutions & website services so i'd like to setup a small office and do that full time. if you need more specifics about the types of services checkout my website at inetbug.com - you know what? i certainly hope troubles101 is right

anyway guys, thank you both for your warm welcome and i look forward to getting to know you all better over the next few months - i'm looking at a big move - and a major change in my life and it's good to know this forum is here! thanks ya gama3a.

[This message has been edited by inetbug (edited 01 September 2005).]

Salam,

Here is a thread spoke of something similar :
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/Forum2/HTML/005994.html

(Exptincai seems to know about webdesign stuff)
As for introductions, Well since most members here are women I don't think they generally welcome introductions stuff as this probably will be the first weapon against them during the usual catfights around here ..but you will know about everyone when you stick around here.

[This message has been edited by Troubles101 (edited 01 September 2005).]

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
inetbug
Member # 8814

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for inetbug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read through that thread and yes, I see what you mean! cat fights i also noticed how things get way off topic quite easily.

So does anyone here on this forum run their own business? talk to me - i'd like to hear more about it. Do the authorities bother you for permits/taxes, do they care? Can you run you business from a residential apartment? are there zoning concerns? i'd love to hear any advice on self employment in Cairo, any sector but specifically info technology services and web design/hosting.

Thanks to all the nice cats here
(prrrrrrr...)

[This message has been edited by inetbug (edited 07 September 2005).]

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can be a good freind to you if you are able to handle moody people ...

I am 30 male from Egypt, Egyptian ... Most dangerous one in some of my moods LOL

[This message has been edited by Corvinous (edited 07 September 2005).]

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Humanized
Member # 8471

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Humanized     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by inetbug:
I read through that thread and yes, I see what you mean! cat fights i also noticed how things get way off topic quite easily.

So does anyone here on this forum run their own business? talk to me - i'd like to hear more about it. Do the authorities bother you for permits/taxes, do they care? Can you run you business from a residential apartment? are there zoning concerns? i'd love to hear any advice on self employment in Cairo, any sector but specifically info technology services and web design/hosting.

Thanks to all the nice cats here
(prrrrrrr...)

[This message has been edited by inetbug (edited 07 September 2005).]

Salam inetbug
Welcome to Es forums and you are most welcome to stay with us in Egypt.

I'm sure your experience and talents will be required in Egypt. And dont worry about Authorities , they will bug you anyway :P
(just kidding) but as long as you know your duties and your rights everything will be easy.

Posts: 817 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com