EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Banking?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Banking?
Ivedunit03
Member # 8896

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Ivedunit03     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know of International Banks? Or what kind of banking is recommended for someone planning to stay in Cairo Egypt for 1 to 2 years?
Posts: 20 | From: el dorado, kansas, United States | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HSBC
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacia
Member # 3188

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Citibank or Egyptian American Bank
Posts: 190 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stacia:
Citibank or Egyptian American Bank

EAB, Egyptian American Bank, trust me, I have had experiences with both HSBC and Citibank, if you ask people here, they will tell ya stories .......
I vote totaly for the EAB

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Corvinous:
EAB, Egyptian American Bank, trust me, I have had experiences with both HSBC and Citibank, if you ask people here, they will tell ya stories .......
I vote totaly for the EAB

Okay being nosy here Carnivor, but does EAB allow a automatic bill pay from the account to an American institution? Like a lender.

Just wondering....

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MohdAnwar
Member # 5528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MohdAnwar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ivedunit03:
Does anyone know of International Banks? Or what kind of banking is recommended for someone planning to stay in Cairo Egypt for 1 to 2 years?

Depend in what facilties u want.

mohamed

Posts: 435 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sorsor
Member # 7639

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sorsor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bank el 7azz
Posts: 429 | From: jeddah ,saudi arabia | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I gave up on HSBC ... in order to get a bank account I had to get a recommendation letter from my employer (a contract was not enough), signed by the companies chairman, a statement from the company's bank with several signatures from several people and some other stuff. When I finally collected all that and showed up with the required papers and 5000 dollars in my purse they still wouldn't open the account for me but wanted a "verification" for one of the signatures. I then decided that I clearly don't need all this hassle in order to be allowed to deposit my money in their bank and went to Arab bank where it took me half an hour to open an account.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatshepsut
Member # 4664

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatshepsut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CIB - took me half an hour to open my account and 1000 le - only thing you need is to bring your passport along....

they provide you with ATM cards and are very helpful (at least here in hurghda)

HSBC - had the same trouble than Dalia with them ... def not to recomend

Posts: 127 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank God, My view was acceptable
Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Thank God, My view was acceptable

Is that a first?????

the only reason you are having problems with HSBC and Citibank is that they are complying with International money laundering regulations. They have to as international banks.
It just depends on whether you are going to need international services or not.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com