EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Superjet NOT so super any more????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Superjet NOT so super any more????
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to inform and worry openly here that during our recent trip from Sinai to Cairo the Superjet bus broke down on BOTH trips, on way to Cairo and also on way back to Sinai! Is the company's total fleet getting old and worn all at the same time???

Some photos of what they look outwardly (still nice, isn t i?) are at www.album.ee/kaamerasilm
look into the folder on accommmodation

On the way to Cairo it broke down appr 1 hour from C in early hours of morning so we were asleep and did not even realise what the problem was, seemed be something with motor. I must say the Egyptians seem always so efficient at solving problems (maybe because there are so many problems all the time that everyone has a good training? :)

so some people were sent off on the next bus that passed an hour later (all who agreed to travel standing since there were of course no seats left) and the lazier ones incl us waited for teh bus sent from C, so in the end we arrived 2 hours late and considering early hours it was a blessing rather.

But on the trip back teh motor burend again, in this time somewhere in the middle of Sinai, so we simply waited until it cooled down then drove on.

What I wanted to say is that it is not very nice to trust yourself into a bus that might simply start burning while you are asleep in it... and since the buses are so full that a booking at least 2 days ahead is recommended, and the ticket is not cheap by Egyptian standard, shouldnt the company invest some of the gold back into updating its fleet??? before its golden livery totally crumbles and the SUPER in its name becomes object of mockery. Not to mention jets.

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi nevermind
Just looking at your photos...very professional

Do you know the agent dealing with RanchTower?
seem a bit expensive?

Thanks

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nevermind:
Just wanted to inform and worry openly here that during our recent trip from Sinai to Cairo the Superjet bus broke down on BOTH trips, on way to Cairo and also on way back to Sinai! Is the company's total fleet getting old and worn all at the same time???

Some photos of what they look outwardly (still nice, isn t i?) are at www.album.ee/kaamerasilm
look into the folder on accommmodation

On the way to Cairo it broke down appr 1 hour from C in early hours of morning so we were asleep and did not even realise what the problem was, seemed be something with motor. I must say the Egyptians seem always so efficient at solving problems (maybe because there are so many problems all the time that everyone has a good training?

so some people were sent off on the next bus that passed an hour later (all who agreed to travel standing since there were of course no seats left) and the lazier ones incl us waited for teh bus sent from C, so in the end we arrived 2 hours late and considering early hours it was a blessing rather.

But on the trip back teh motor burend again, in this time somewhere in the middle of Sinai, so we simply waited until it cooled down then drove on.

What I wanted to say is that it is not very nice to trust yourself into a bus that might simply start burning while you are asleep in it... and since the buses are so full that a booking at least 2 days ahead is recommended, and the ticket is not cheap by Egyptian standard, shouldnt the company invest some of the gold back into updating its fleet??? before its golden livery totally crumbles and the SUPER in its name becomes object of mockery. Not to mention jets.

yeah i always hated the superjet! its so unreliable, and the drivers are so carzy, i'm usually very nauseaus in the end!
a few years ago my parents were taking the train to alexandria, a trip that is supposed to take two hours. all of a sudden the train stopped, and didn't move for six hours! apparently, the train staff were scared that the passengers would be pissed at them, and sp disappeared the entire time! the people didn't know whats happening! although i can say trains are pretty reliable, this is the only incident i have ever heard. and i use the train quiet often to visit my parents in alexandria.
but no i hate the superjet. it SUCKS

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 8301

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
last time i uses super jet it was so bad and unclean
Posts: 72 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Penny, it easy to have great photos of great objects with great colours i guess. :) Though I always have the problem that I come from a dark northern country and usually takes too slow films so all colours vanish from overexposure. This time I decided to experiment with diafilm - since I have them developed digitally anyway the relative difficulties in processing and viewing them do not matter any more and dias should have much better colours. Also, people in print shop say the old film photography still supercedes the digital technology, qualitywise, but digital is improving fast of course. Or it may be the case that print photography is still practiced by people who have quite good old cameras and hate to change them, while young and inexperienced now widely obtain cheap digi soapboxes :). Mine is actually also a soapbox, it is a Pentax 936 or something, but it is next best to a professional camera (how do you call them in English, in my language we say "mirror camera" :) and since I have hard time even in remembering all the features I can use with this one (like flashes and relief tricks for shooting against sun and at night etc etc) I ve never changed and do not plan either, as long as there are shops who still develop :))).
Sorry for getting carried off, I have the contacts for Ranch Tower in my own computer so I try post here tomorrow or so. Yes, I think too they could have a much lower introductory price, we visited the territory with my bf and it seemed largely empty, maybe 5 of the 80 apartments occupied only. But all this empty space of territory one has around when sitting on own terrace, with just the spot of a pool and thatched bar in middle, can be quite refreshing and different from other accommodations, esp. for people who come from overpopulated environments. So there are pros and cons as anywhere :)

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi nevermind:

Re the camera in english I think you mean SLR
stands for single lense reflex camera.

I know it is very quiet in the area of the Ranch tower but that appeals as you don't need to go too far when you want a bit of life. I am also a big fan of the beaches just off this area for snorkelling.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

quote:
Originally posted by Penny:

I know it is very quiet in the area of the Ranch tower but that appeals as you don't need to go too far when you want a bit of life. I am also a big fan of the beaches just off this area for snorkelling.

Yes, I absolutely agree on the quietness, and all services i.e. supermarkets and restaurants of Delta Sharm are within range of small walk anyway, no more than 200 m.

and also on snorkelling beaches (as far as know :) my first experience 3 years ago was near Ras um Sidd, near the really deep corner there, I never quite dared venture over the edge of reef hehe but anyway the colours in waters of other beaches never quite impress me after that. And I even went a second time freewillingly!!! (first time was a kind of half-physical compromise :))))

OK, contact data for Ranch Tower Resort:
eurosharm@tiscali.it
00 20 12 43 56 524 for marketing office, a nice Italian lady there
00 20 10 22 63 531 for GM, also with Italian name.

And they may want a deposit that equals 1 month's rent!, initially, but at least i said that I\d prefer the total up front costs stay within 5000 EGP and they agreed (i.e. 4000 for rent and 1000 for deposit, is impossible to consume water and el for the whole of it anyway and I hope u too do not plan smash furniture or similar :)

In their position I\d sell througout the whole 1st year for something like 2000 EGP per month or similar, and have people come in and go out in thousands and spread the knowledge, then start hiking up the price when lines already form behind door :).

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Thanks so much for the info nevermind.

Good luck with the drop off, I know it's deep but if you float on one side you will float just as well on the other!!

Ras um sid is also good for dolphins if you keep your eyes open. Try Sharm reef beach, only 10LE per day and has a nice restaurant on the cliffs. Turning is just opposite Cleopatra Hotel.

All the best Penny

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com