EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Bed Cars

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bed Cars
Big Foot
Member # 8922

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Foot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to go to Luxor and I intend to use the rail way station ,I wonder if anyone knows how to book a cabin in a bed car and how many beds are there in the cabin, how much does it cost?
Posts: 21 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann
Member # 106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Big Foot:
I want to go to Luxor and I intend to use the rail way station ,I wonder if anyone knows how to book a cabin in a bed car and how many beds are there in the cabin, how much does it cost?

There is one privately owned train operating in Egypt, the Wagon Lits sleeper with first, second and third class compartments. The train travels overnight from Cairo to Aswan and back again, leaving Cairo at around 7 in the evening and arriving in Aswan at 9 the following morning. There are 2 beds per cabin.

Bookings are one week in advance through a travel agent or from Compagnie Internationale des Wagons Lits Egypte, 9 Sh Menes, Heliopolis, Tel: 02 290 8802/4; 48 Sh Giza, Giza, Tel: 02 348 7354.

Posts: 316 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you have to check wether the car you will take has toilets or no, it is not all bed-cars with toilets

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you have to check wether the car you will take has toilets or no, it is not all bed-cars with toilets so as to avoid getting charged on going to toilet.

just wanted to help.

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Foot
Member # 8922

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Foot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Ann very much I copied the information you sent me and I'll give them a call right away ,thanks again
Posts: 21 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

quote:
Thank you Ann very much I copied the information you sent me and I'll give them a call right away ,thanks again

and no thanks for me ?

Big Foot
Member # 8922

Rate Member
Hi Anne, sorry to bother you but I contacted this number 2908802 and a voice told me that it's a house so I felt emabarassed to try any more numbers you listed
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i wonder wether it is possible or not to go to asswan from cairo on boat
Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann
Member # 106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hi Anne, sorry to bother you but I contacted this number 2908802 and a voice told me that it's a house so I felt emabarassed to try any more numbers you listed

Ha, that's a bit of an issue in Egypt, telephone numbers do get re-assigned & seem to change fairly frequently. Perhaps you could contact a travel agent such as Thomas Cook, AMEX etc., I am sure that they can help you with your booking.

Posts: 316 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann
Member # 106

Member Rated:
More info on this website: http://www.sleepingtrains.com/

theborg
Member # 5196

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for theborg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One major disadvantage to train travel overnight, you miss seeing all of the beautiful Egyptian, countryside and people along the way. Remember, you can sleep when you're dead. Take the day train and lots of film. Go first class. The hot meal they serve as part of your fare, is very good. Just one traveler's opinion.
Posts: 35 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Foot
Member # 8922

Rate Member
Well I did check the web site and found that prices are a little bit higher than I expected I think it might be cheaper to consider flights
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by theborg:
you can sleep when you're dead.

hehehe. I wonder what you look like!!

[This message has been edited by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari (edited 15 October 2005).]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well I did check the web site and found that prices are a little bit higher than I expected I think it might be cheaper to consider flights

Flights are not cheaper. You didn't mention where you are going to Luxor from, but from Cairo they're btw. USD 250-300 round trip (for foreigners).

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
Flights are not cheaper. You didn't mention where you are going to Luxor from, but from Cairo they're btw. USD 250-300 round trip (for foreigners).

and for egyptians please ?

Corvinous
Member # 6578

and ExptinCAI, do you know the prices for the cars with swimming pool please ?

from Cairo to Alexandria please.

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EXPINCAI, how much is a mushroom jar in Cairo ?

Corvinous
Member # 6578

EXPINCAI, I WILL BE WAITING ......

7 SECONDS AWAY .. I WILL BE WAITING ...

IT IS NOT A SECOND ... THIS IS 7 SECONDS AWAY ... I WILL BE WAITING ......

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Arabia
Member # 9276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arabia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello ANN
i'm looking forward to help me in my Business ?
Sports Tours in Egypt
please contact me on
info@egyptrally.com www.egyptrally.com

Posts: 80 | From: Alexandria, Sharm Elshiekh, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Foot
Member # 8922

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Big Foot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Corvinous:

and ExptinCAI, do you know the prices for the cars with swimming pool please ?

from Cairo to Alexandria please.

so funny

Big Foot
Member # 8922

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Arabia:
hello ANN
i'm looking forward to help me in my Business ?
Sports Tours in Egypt
please contact me on
info@egyptrally.com www.egyptrally.com

hello Arabia,welocme to ES. where are you from?

Ann
Member # 106

Member Rated:
I recently purchased a return ticket Cairo to Luxor with Egyptair and the cost was Euro 204, so definitely not the cheapest option!

You could travel from Cairo to Luxor during daytime, there are air-conditioned express trains, one-way ticket in first class costs approx. LE 60. You can buy the tickets at the main train station in Cairo or you can use a local travel agent to buy the tickets on your behalf.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com