EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » bunny boiler

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bunny boiler
Real life
Member # 7982

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for Real life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know the equivalent of "bunny boiler" and "control freak" in egyptian arabic please?

Posts: 148 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeepinItReal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello!!!
How is life Catlover? I don't know how to speak arabic. Only a few words. Just wanted to say hi.

Posts: 1063 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KeepinItReal:
Hello!!!
How is life Catlover? I don't know how to speak arabic. Only a few words. Just wanted to say hi.

WHAT DO YOU KNOW OF ARABIC ?

PLEASE TELL ME

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeepinItReal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Corvinous:
WHAT DO YOU KNOW OF ARABIC ?

PLEASE TELL ME

Sadly, very, very few. I can't make a sentence. I would love to learn more. I love to hear it spoken. I can listen to a conversation and have no clue what they're saing but be completely inthrawled in listening. I love it.

Posts: 1063 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Real life
Member # 7982

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Real life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hello!!!

The clue to the answer may lie in my question

Posts: 148 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
Are you back with Chef?

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I love it.

MY PLEASURE

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

[This message has been edited by Corvinous (edited 19 October 2005).]

Real life
Member # 7982

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Real life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Are you back with Chef?

No and I don't think we will now, but we still text sometimes. We're both a bit sad about it and we miss each other and like to stay friends, but I think we know really its impossible to be 'bf/gf'.
I am having BIG problems with a friend of his though to the point I haven't turned on my mobile for 2 days.

KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by catlover:
No and I don't think we will now, but we still text sometimes. We're both a bit sad about it and we miss each other and like to stay friends, but I think we know really its impossible to be 'bf/gf'.
I am having BIG problems with a friend of his though to the point I haven't turned on my mobile for 2 days.

I'm sorry Cat. People can be so cruel. I imagine he isn't being very nice to you this friend of his. It should only be between you and chef. If he's harassing you maybe you should change your number. Does chef know he's harrassing you?

Real life
Member # 7982

Rate Member
quote:
I'm sorry Cat. People can be so cruel. I imagine he isn't being very nice to you this friend of his. It should only be between you and chef. If he's harassing you maybe you should change your number. Does chef know he's harrassing you?

Chef doesn't know half - only whatever friend has told him (which might even be that I'm his gf now). Cheffie has had a big problem of his own to handle last few weeks which he has relied on this friend to help him with, so I didn't want to drag him in. But unfortunately cheffie has dropped out to friend that I am coming to egypt in 2 weeks (not realising that actually I find his friend frightening - I can see him being the kind of man who batters women and then says 'now look what you made me do') yesterday I had 6 texts in an hour saying 'I hate you', then another one saying 'I love you, tell me you love me, give me the correct answer'.
Actually I haven't got my ticket to Egypt yet and I'm thinking of not going.
This is why I want to know arabic for 'bunny boiler' and 'control freak' so I can try and explain to cheffie what the problem is!

KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
quote:
Chef doesn't know half - only whatever friend has told him (which might even be that I'm his gf now). Cheffie has had a big problem of his own to handle last few weeks which he has relied on this friend to help him with, so I didn't want to drag him in. But unfortunately cheffie has dropped out to friend that I am coming to egypt in 2 weeks (not realising that actually I find his friend frightening - I can see him being the kind of man who batters women and then says 'now look what you made me do') yesterday I had 6 texts in an hour saying 'I hate you', then another one saying 'I love you, tell me you love me, give me the correct answer'.
This is why I want to know arabic for 'bunny boiler' and 'control freak' so I can try and explain to cheffie what the problem is!

OH, I understand. Yeah, I bet Cheffie doesn't even know his friend is being that way. I sure hope someone can help you with those words quick. It sounds like Chef needs a better friend. He sounds like the catalyst between you two! I really hope it works out for you.

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BOTH WORDS ARE AMERICAN SLANG, IF YOU JUST LET ME KNOW WHAT THEY MEAN I WOULD TRY TO HELP
KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
quote:
BOTH WORDS ARE AMERICAN SLANG, IF YOU JUST LET ME KNOW WHAT THEY MEAN I WOULD TRY TO HELP

Saying he's controlling is saying he's dominating influence over her. To him control is power and he thinks he's taking authority over them by being the medium between the two because of the language barrier. Does that help or is that more confusing. I'm trying but I'm not sure what words explain that in egyptian. Just trying to give ideas. Does that help at all?

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Saying he's controlling is saying he's dominating influence over her. To him control is power and he thinks he's taking authority over them by being the medium between the two because of the language barrier. Does that help or is that more confusing. I'm trying but I'm not sure what words explain that in egyptian. Just trying to give ideas. Does that help at all?

YEA IT DOES HELP ME GREAT BUT I NEED TO FIND PROPER WORDSS JUST .....

Real life
Member # 7982

Rate Member
quote:

Thanks Corvi - let me try and explain:

Control freak - very manipulative behaviour - tries to get someone to behave in certain ways or do certain things even in the guise of 'helping'. Gets very angry if person does not take the path they suggest.

Bunny boiler - a bit similar - named for the character played by Glenn Close in the film Fatal Attraction - very obsessive - won't take no for an answer in relationships - won't accept a relationship is over - won't accept a relationship doesn't actually exist - stalking - millions of texts/phone calls/letters - "if I can't have you no one else can" type behaviour leading to physical beatings or even murder etc etc.

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HERE I FOUND ITTTTTTTTTTT

I JUST HOPE SHE SPELLS CORRECTLY OR IT WILL MAKE HIM LAUGH..

ENTA BETESTAD FEL MAYA EL EKRA !!!

ELAB BE'EED YA SHATER !!

I HOE SHE CAN SPELL THEM RIGHT N SAY THEM FIRMLY ..

IS SHE WANTS TO THREATEN HIM TO TELL HER BF:

ANA HAKOL LE CHFFFIE KOL DAH (I WILL TELL CHEFFIE ABOUT IT ALL)

ANA HAKOL LE CHEFFIE SAHBO BEYETSARAF EZAI MEN WARRAH (I WILL TELL CHEFFIE HOW HIS BEST FREIND ACTS FROM BEHIND HIM)

MAKE THE "H" HARD .. OK ?

I HOPE THAT CAN HELP YA THOUGH I KNOW MEAN PEOPLE LIKE THAT FRIEND NEED ALWAYS GOOD CONFRONTATION IN FRONT OF CHEFFIE, WORDS DON'T COUNT FOR THIS TYPE OF PEOPLE.

TRY N GOD BE WITH YOU ..

KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
You're a good man Corv.

Cat I hope he'll leave you alone. You have to keep us posted.

Real life
Member # 7982

Rate Member
quote:
HERE I FOUND ITTTTTTTTTTT

I JUST HOPE SHE SPELLS CORRECTLY OR IT WILL MAKE HIM LAUGH..

ENTA BETESTAD FEL MAYA EL EKRA !!!

ELAB BE'EED YA SHATER !!

I HOE SHE CAN SPELL THEM RIGHT N SAY THEM FIRMLY ..

IS SHE WANTS TO THREATEN HIM TO TELL HER BF:

ANA HAKOL LE CHFFFIE KOL DAH (I WILL TELL CHEFFIE ABOUT IT ALL)

ANA HAKOL LE CHEFFIE SAHBO BEYETSARAF EZAI MEN WARRAH (I WILL TELL CHEFFIE HOW HIS BEST FREIND ACTS FROM BEHIND HIM)

MAKE THE "H" HARD .. OK ?

I HOPE THAT CAN HELP YA THOUGH I KNOW MEAN PEOPLE LIKE THAT FRIEND NEED ALWAYS GOOD CONFRONTATION IN FRONT OF CHEFFIE, WORDS DON'T COUNT FOR THIS TYPE OF PEOPLE.

TRY N GOD BE WITH YOU ..

Thanks - I will copy these down and when I can brave my mob again I will try it.
What do the first two lines translate as please?

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You're a good man Corv.

Cat I hope he'll leave you alone. You have to keep us posted.

THANK YOU MY DEAR

I WISH SHE KEEPS HER BF WITHIN THE FRAME OF THOSE ACTS OF HIS FREIND, IF I WAS IN HIS CHOES I WON'T LOSE MY FRIEND BUT WILL SIMPLY KEEP MY STORY FOR MYSELF FROM NOW ON AND MAKE MY GF CHANGE HER MOBILE NUMBER AND GIVE ME THE NEW NUMBER WHICH I WILL KEEP FOR MYSELF TOO..

AND MOST IMPORTANT SHET IS TO GO HAVE SOME CHEAP ENGLISH COURSE .. DAMN IT

KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
quote:

THANK YOU MY DEAR

I WISH SHE KEEPS HER BF WITHIN THE FRAME OF THOSE ACTS OF HIS FREIND, IF I WAS IN HIS CHOES I WON'T LOSE MY FRIEND BUT WILL SIMPLY KEEP MY STORY FOR MYSELF FROM NOW ON AND MAKE MY GF CHANGE HER MOBILE NUMBER AND GIVE ME THE NEW NUMBER WHICH I WILL KEEP FOR MYSELF TOO..

AND MOST IMPORTANT SHET IS TO GO HAVE SOME CHEAP ENGLISH COURSE .. DAMN IT

I think that is a very good recommendation. Maybe Cat could take a basic course too and they could share their new words with each other.

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I think that is a very good recommendation. Maybe Cat could take a basic course too and they could share their new words with each other.

YES PLEASE FOR GOD'S SAKE ..

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Does anyone know the equivalent of "bunny boiler" and "control freak" in egyptian arabic please?

ROFL!!!!! Bunny Boiler......never heard that....Fatal Attraction reference, I assume?

--Heh heh. Maybe I should read the whole thread before I post. Duh.

[This message has been edited by Snoozin (edited 19 October 2005).]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Real life
Member # 7982

Rate Member
quote:
YES PLEASE FOR GOD'S SAKE ..

I have started classes but am only up to
ana izme ...
ana min ...
ana min mdinet...

I don't know when we will do 'get lost you freakin bunny boiler' - I don't think its on the syllabus

KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
quote:
I have started classes but am only up to
ana izme ...
ana min ...
ana min mdinet...

I don't know when we will do 'get lost you freakin bunny boiler' - I don't think its on the syllabus

LOL!! You are funny!! Good for you! ROFL..................

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by catlover:
[b] I have started classes but am only up to
ana izme ...
ana min ...
ana min mdinet...

[/B][/QUOTE]

YEA BUT I GUESS IF SHE TIP THE TUTOR HE OR SHE WOULD MAKE HER JUMP TO THAT LEVEL WHERE THEY TEACH THOSE LOL

KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by catlover:
[b] I have started classes but am only up to
ana izme ...
ana min ...
ana min mdinet...

[/B][/QUOTE]

HAHA I'm sorry, I just can't help but imagine you going up to the teacher and asking her/him to translate that. LOL

Corvinous
Member # 6578

quote:
HAHA I'm sorry, I just can't help but imagine you going up to the teacher and asking her/him to translate that. LOL

A LIL TIP IS ALWAYS GOOD

KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for KeepinItReal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
A LIL TIP IS ALWAYS GOOD

LOL!!!!

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
LOL!!!!

NOW!

YOU GO GET A YAHOO ACCOUNT PLEASE ..!

KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
quote:
NOW!

YOU GO GET A YAHOO ACCOUNT PLEASE ..!

Let me talk to my sister tonight to see which one she has. That way I can talk to friends and family. You have both I assume?
Just a reminder I work tomorrow and friday so I won't be on till this time tomorrow. What is your ID so I can find you.

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey cat, i think control freak could be translated as "mutasalet" or "btefred ra2yak"

best

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

[This message has been edited by Corvinous (edited 19 October 2005).]

KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:

OK I've written it down.

Corvinous
Member # 6578

quote:
Originally posted by 7aya:
hey cat, i think control freak could be translated as "mutasalet" or "btefred ra2yak"

best

excuse me 7aya, but those words of yours are just too nice for such a guy ..

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

OK I've written it down.

WAITING FOR YOURS SOOOOOOOOOOO SOON.

KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
quote:
WAITING FOR YOURS SOOOOOOOOOOO SOON.

Corvinous
Member # 6578

quote:

OH YOU ARE THERE, I THOUGHT YOU WERE GONE THAT IS WHY I WAS SLOW ....

Corvinous
Member # 6578

quote:

NOW YOU ARE GONE

KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
quote:

Just multi tasking again.

Corvinous
Member # 6578

quote:
Just multi tasking again.

AH OK RELIEFFFFFFFFFF

KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
quote:
AH OK RELIEFFFFFFFFFF

Yes, Relief!

What time is it over there?

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yes, Relief!

What time is it over there?

2.40 am.

I am going to go off in 1.5 hours from now.

KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
quote:
2.40 am.

I am going to go off in 1.5 hours from now.

It is 17.40 pm here. I will have to get off here pretty soon too.

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It is 17.40 pm here. I will have to get off here pretty soon too.

I CARE ABOUT THE FIRST TIME FROM NOW YOU WILL BE HERE AND WITH A YAHOO ID

KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
That's right.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Cat, don't go to Egypt. Let the whole thing cool down. Don't waste anymore energy, time and money on this relationship.

Just let your ex know that you have problems with his friend. That he is not good and even proposed to you several times.

Give yourself a break, Catlover, this thing is not going anywhere.

Head up! There are definitely some nice guys around you, pay more attention to them. Good luck!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com