EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » What life has taught you

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What life has taught you
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So here I am again.. And now I would love to hear from you guys what life has taught you.
May it be good or bad.. All of us are walking the same path, but some notice the flowers, some the rain and some just darkness.
So I would love to hear what you guys have seen so far

[This message has been edited by Serendipity (edited 23 October 2005).]

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaah
Member # 9352

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not to trust people sorry to sound so cynical but i have had quite alot of let downs recently with so called friends
Posts: 9 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what goes around comes around. if someone does something bad/good to you, be sure someone will do the same thing to them. its unbelievble, it never fails.
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Life is breathtakingly hard and happiness is not a given.

So understand who you truly are deep down inside. To the extent you can, structure your life to bring you as much peace as possible. This often means going against societal and familial norms. Don't harm others, but don't allow undue harm to yourself to make others happy. *They* usually don't understand what it truly takes to make them happy anyway.

Bottom line: Be kind to others, definitely, but don't forget to be kind to yourself.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I learn that we never stop to learn.
Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MousseT
Member # 9226

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MousseT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Life has taught me that happiness is the momentary stopping of sorrow.

Life has taught me that sometimes you are the victim and sometimes the executioner.

Life has taught me to give because what you give will be given back one day.

Life has taught me to sit at the riverbank and wait for the dead body of your enemy, because sooner or later you will see it floating in front of you.

Posts: 285 | From: Milano, Italy | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
river_0f_l0ve
Member # 8638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for river_0f_l0ve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7aya:
what goes around comes around. if someone does something bad/good to you, be sure someone will do the same thing to them. its unbelievble, it never fails.

I do believe in what 7aya says too. beside, life is rush with differ moments, Sad, Laugh, and fun...

It doesnt give all, but it needs more

Posts: 696 | From: egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MousseT:
Life has taught me that happiness is the momentary stopping of sorrow.

Life has taught me that sometimes you are the victim and sometimes the executioner.

Life has taught me to give because what you give will be given back one day.

Life has taught me to sit at the riverbank and wait for the dead body of your enemy, because sooner or later you will see it floating in front of you.

I can never say any better

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I swear when I first read that i thought there is something happened to me withut I even know, first thing came to my mind is maybe i was banned LOL then I posted and everything is great, why do I feel like people are expecting me dead or something
Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I swear when I first read that i thought there is something happened to me withut I even know, first thing came to my mind is maybe i was banned LOL then I posted and everything is great, why do I feel like people are expecting me dead or something

PS. In case i got banned I will be back with a name you will all recognize

Cheers

Show Time
Member # 8513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Show Time     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Life is severe, just always expect the unexpected,expect the worse,so that you are always ready;However still life never void of surprises.
And if it goes fine, I never believe it gonna last forever,and if it goes bad, I just believe that tomorrow gonna be better.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Show Time
Member # 8513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Show Time     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
onemore thing don't trust people,faces are not as they seem to be.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dudda
Member # 8705

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Dudda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Life has taught me that It really doesn't matter if the person who hurt you deserves to be forgiven. Forgiveness is a gift you give yourself. You have things to do and you want to move on.

Life has taught me that If you love somebody, let him go, for if he returns, he was always yours. And if he doesn't, he never was.

Life has taught me to love my past. love my present. Don’t be ashamed of what I've had, and don’t be sad because I have it no longer.

Life has taught me that Something must die in order to grow - your old habits, your old self image, your old thinking, your old life - must be weeded out for the seeds of success to grow.

Life has taught me that If someone betrays you once, it is his fault.If he betrays you twice, it is your fault.

Life has taught me that The stupid neither forgive nor forget, the naïve forgive and forget, wise forgive but do not forget.

Life has taught me that Don't tell GOD how big your storm is. Tell the storm how big your GOD is.

Life has taught me that what goes around comes around.

Posts: 715 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Don Corleone: I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life - I don't apologize - to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize - that's my life - but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string. Senator Corleone; Governor Corleone. Well, it wasn't enough time, Michael. It wasn't enough time.

Clemenza: All right, you just shot 'em both. Now what do you do?

Michael: Sit down and finish my dinner.

Michael Corleone: Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment.

Michael Corleone: [Vincent has told Michael what Joey has been saying behind his back] If there is some guy running around this city saying, "**** Michael Corleone," what do we do with a piece of **** like that? He's a fucking dog.

Michael Corleone: He'd better be careful. It's dangerous to be a honest man.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Life has taught me that regretting mistakes doesn't make me happy and fulfilled, only to learn to forgive myself, that no matter what I can't get back the past and I need to look positive ahead of the future.

Life has taught me to accept myself the way I am , to appreciate each day of my life and be thankful to have these wonderful family of mine.

Life has taught me many things... and I am still learning.

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 23 October 2005).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Real life
Member # 7982

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Real life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Life has taught me:

General Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator - R Crowe esq) is a character in a film not a chef in a 5* hotel in Egypt

Posts: 148 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nooralhaq2005
Member # 7790

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nooralhaq2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
So here I am again.. And now I would love to hear from you guys what life has taught you.
May it be good or bad.. All of us are walking the same path, but some notice the flowers, some the rain and some just darkness.
So I would love to hear what you guys have seen so far

[This message has been edited by Serendipity (edited 23 October 2005).]

Life has taught me that just because I am asked a question doesn't require me to answer it. Most sarcastic questions deserve a non-response anyway.

Life has taught me kindness does shape your life and how you live it and how you are treated in it.

Life has taught me not to generalize, most often, people who talk a lot are usually wrong. Try listening more to the quietier ones.

Life has taught me not to be afraid of change, to welcome it and allow myself to change and learn and grow.

Life has taught me that there ARE good people in this world, and you usually attract good people if you have a good heart.

Life has taught me that strength and intelligence is not encompassed in giving long drawn out explanations or insulting remarks. Strength and intelligence are encompassed only in having tact and reserve, as well as learning from your mistakes.

Life has taught me much, but it still has much to teach me. I do not worry about growing old or changing, because I know those changes in life will be also lessons. I have learned to be thankful for each day and each kind person I encounter and not to allow sour bitter people to dictate how my day will be, my week, my month or my life. Alhamdullilah for all of life's lessons.

Posts: 183 | From: Dallas, Texas USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have learned from life that we are not the ones who control our destinies; we may think that we do, and although the final path we tread is not always the one we had chosen, it is often influenced by our actions.

That the world is our oyster, but its shell only opens a certain amount for each of us and we have to decide how we will use that space and value it.

That it is not always the closest friendships that survive the test of time and separation, it was sometimes only the proximity that made them function.

That goodness can come from the most unexpected quarters, but you have to be open to opportunties to find it sometimes.

That it is superficial to make judgements on a first meeting as the full truth is usually hidden, and may only be revealed gradually over time once trust is established.

That giving has its limits.

That we need to learn to value what we have today and not take it for granted, as we will miss it too badly when it goes.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zaykon:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by catlover:
[b]Life has taught me:

General Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator - R Crowe esq) is a character in a film not a chef in a 5* hotel in Egypt

the same here
Miss right is for sure not a guestrelation in a 5* hotel [/B][/QUOTE]

zaaaykooon! yabni enta feeen??

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys i loved all your replies.
one thing i have learned for sure, is that you can learn from others

Corvinous
Member # 6578

quote:
Originally posted by catlover:
Life has taught me:

oh

Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"If you are going through HELL, keep going".
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com