EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » help plz

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help plz
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey all,
I have a tiny itsy bitsy problem. Today I dont know whats going on ,, but there are fireworks all over town, and it has been like that for hours now.

and my problem is, I have a tiny little fear of fireworks, (scares the hell out of me!!)
any suggestions how I can chill down..

[Confused] [Confused]

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DRINK HOT TEA AS YOU HOLD THE CUP BOTH HANDS TIGHT, WARM N COOOOOL DOWN [Smile]

--------------------
No papa! No mama! No whisky soda!

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well think about it, in other countries these sounds are of bombs that kill and destruct. while in yours its just some harmless fireworks aimed to make people happy [Smile] you can also put some loud music [Smile]
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
7aya, thats why i have a fear of it.. its creepy, That sound used to haunt me when i was little. I know its fireworks. but it reminds me of old bad days:(
Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GO FIRE WITH THEM, YOU WILL NEVER HAVE THAT FEAR AGAIN I SWEAR, SRIOUS.

--------------------

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
river_0f_l0ve
Member # 8638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for river_0f_l0ve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
7aya, thats why i have a fear of it.. its creepy, That sound used to haunt me when i was little. I know its fireworks. but it reminds me of old bad days:(

I think you will always remind such old days. It is inside you. have you tried to calm yourself down, put your hands around yourself, like there is someone hug you. and try to sleep, and remember the best days in your life
Posts: 696 | From: egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mooneal
Member # 8782

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mooneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stay with us, please.........The best solution.
Posts: 810 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you know its so awfull, here its a symbol of fun, while there its a symbol of fear.
I am trying to calm down, but they have been going on for hours now.. arent they tired by now.. [Frown]

river_0f_l0ve
Member # 8638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for river_0f_l0ve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
you know its so awfull, here its a symbol of fun, while there its a symbol of fear.
I am trying to calm down, but they have been going on for hours now.. arent they tired by now.. [Frown]

I think they are trying to fear you [Smile] , why you dont give attention for these workfires like it doesnt exist, and focus on something when you do it, it takes you to another world
Posts: 696 | From: egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sara put some loud music, or a good movie
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

DID YOU SEE ME ? ZAI AL AMMAR WALLAHI [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
hehe Corv.. nice picture..
7aya I am trying to watch "7amam amsterdam"..
River you're right i just need to forget it.

river_0f_l0ve
Member # 8638

quote:

Beside you do have to use on existing of these fireworks...dont be like kids, [Smile]
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
lool, yeah I know, but i guess all have some fears, I guess mine is caused cause i was so young at age. you know some things get stuck with you even though years pass by.
I was only 6, but the sound is still stuck with me. war sticks with you like a wound deep into your flesh. to be imprisoned at that young age, is not easy, to see dead bodies, ppl tortured and screams all night long is not easy. and the horrible sound of bombings is just horrible.
bes il hamdilla we went through it all alive.

mooneal
Member # 8782

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mooneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Corv, u are very visible, as usually, have u forgotten such obvious true?
Seren, all of it is in ur mind, remember?Click [Smile]
River,I like u.
Take care everybody
CU tomorrow

Posts: 810 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, Seren, I'm sorry about the fireworks.

They used to be banned in Ireland until the ceasefire was signed....

Headphones....and all the curtains shut to keep out the flashes of lights.....that's all I can suggest.....I hope they end soon. [Frown]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

quote:

pls get u one beautiful pic too pls [Smile]

if u wanna the one i have i can change it for ya [Smile]

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
lool.. youre too sweet Corv.. will change mine now
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:

hamam amsterdam, do you like it?
Corvinous
Member # 6578

quote:
lool.. youre too sweet Corv.. will change mine now

you wanna mine ? how much ? [Big Grin]
Masriii
Member # 9336

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Masriii   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I am trying to watch "7amam amsterdam"..

Ekhss!! 3amla khorm fil 7eta walla ma3aky camera mo3azzama?!! hehe
Posts: 309 | From: Egypt | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
7ayat, couldnt watch it.. got bored :s..
watching "friends" is it a good movie?

corv, lol no i have my own [Razz] isnt it nice?

masrii, you always makes me laugh till i drop on the floor!

misfit
Member # 8880

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

any suggestions how I can chill down..

[Confused] [Confused]

just go out and enjoy the fun like all the rest.. you wouldn't wanna stay home and feal like a freak do you? just get over it.
Posts: 956 | From: nowhere | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Can you believe that now they stopped the fireworks.. soo many hours!!

Misfit the sound gives me the creeps. and its ok to have fun one hour two hours.. but 5 hours!! it drives me nuts. I was outside. but that was at the beginning.

*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Corvinous:
DID YOU SEE ME ? ZAI AL AMMAR WALLAHI [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

THAT IS 1/2 A MOON IS'NT IT?
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Can you believe that now they stopped the fireworks.. soo many hours!!

Misfit the sound gives me the creeps. and its ok to have fun one hour two hours.. but 5 hours!! it drives me nuts. I was outside. but that was at the beginning.

what was the occasion ?
Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

quote:
Originally posted by Corvinous:
DRINK HOT TEA AS YOU HOLD THE CUP BOTH HANDS TIGHT, WARM N COOOOOL DOWN [Smile]

[Confused] [Eek!] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeepinItReal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Serendipity maybe you don't want to come here to the states during 4th of July. They're everywhere for days before and after. I'm sorry you don't like them. I love to watch them. I'm glad it's over. Are you feeling better now? [Smile]
Posts: 1063 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com