EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Maaaaaaaan, it's cool to be a woman!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Maaaaaaaan, it's cool to be a woman!
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys, is it ok to let yr women share the bill?

Does sharing the bill do anything to the male pride?

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ngeg:

In the Tiger land..my money is her money and her money is her money..Go.figure! [Wink]
Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My fiance doesn't let me pay for anything.

After almost 20 years of splitting bills with boyfriends.....it's very refreshing and I like being spoiled this way. [Wink]

But I do reciprocate in a less visible way, liking making really nice dinners for him.

He makes a lot more money than me, though. I'm sure if we had relatively equal incomes, I would treat sometimes too.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hassan.Reda
Member # 8633

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hassan.Reda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's ok to let the woman share the bills if and only if the man can't handle it by him self .
In religion point of view the man should pay to his wife a money for her self this money is pocket money .This money for the service the wife provide like cooking cleaning raising kids .

Posts: 354 | From: cairo,cairo,egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger,Tiger:
quote:

In the Tiger land..my money is her money and her money is her money..Go.figure! [Wink]
That's why ppl get married Tiger!!! To increase women's wealth. Only fair! Think of the huge input that women bring to marriages. Men do bring their valuable presence and some physical effort, but the soul of the whole thing is feminine!
Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Paint Me As I Am:
quote:

/////////////////////
All depends on who the person is- and of course their pride.

Here in Cali- everything is expensive so i ASSUME they MAY take turns in treating each other out..

Take turns?
TURNS?
Well, if i ever had to take turn..my turn would be watching dvd at home and cooking pasta for two! Turns....what a scary thought!!
I'm not being materialistic at all really, but the idea of taking turns is insulting. How dare men do such a thing to mankind? Im glad it's only an assumption.

Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
My fiance doesn't let me pay for anything.

After almost 20 years of splitting bills with boyfriends.....it's very refreshing and I like being spoiled this way. [Wink]

But I do reciprocate in a less visible way, liking making really nice dinners for him.

He makes a lot more money than me, though. I'm sure if we had relatively equal incomes, I would treat sometimes too.

Now that's what i 'd call a balanced relationship mashaallah. Yaani treats are fine!

YA SOMEONE, ikhs 3aleik you make it sound like the wife is getting money for her laundry and babysitting services. Hehehehe..beyethaya2li the religious reason is 3alashan el zoga matan7arefsh maslan! Weba3dein we dont have to think of a reason. What tiger said is a fact, his money is her money, her money is hers to keep. FACT.

Hassan.Reda
Member # 8633

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hassan.Reda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really am not kidding wife deserve money for this service I don’t remember el 7adeth el bey2ol keda but I heard it before.
And of course my money is her money and her money is her money this what our religon says.

Posts: 354 | From: cairo,cairo,egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
misfit
Member # 8880

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

not at all, she can also pay the whole bill.. and hopefully all my other bills as well.. [Big Grin]

but seriously, i can't see why she can't.. life is sharing, no?

Posts: 956 | From: nowhere | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sora
Member # 8159

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband tells me the same.... his money is mine and my money is mine.... sounds good for women but we are doing so much in the marrage life that is often not appreciated (taken for granted) and not rewarded finanacially.

The man goes out to bring money... yes... and the woman at home takes care the domestic issues and make sure he is emotionally and physically fit to go out to make money next day...

Basically, if we women wants to and have money to spend for home, why not. It's bad only when the man asks her to pay when he has money just for the sake of her spending....

Sora

Posts: 181 | From: By the River Nile - Cairo | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sora
Member # 8159

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me tell you all about my mother....

She will be 70 years old and she never worked in her life. When she became 60, she wanted to drive a car so she started to take driving lesson... She has a licence after the lessons but she still says this till today...

The only man I ever paid money for is that Driving teacher...

Did my late father spoil her? [Roll Eyes] She always tells me a man is not a man if he accepts money from a woman...

Sora

Posts: 181 | From: By the River Nile - Cairo | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leila
Member # 8539

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know religion says that the money a women makes is her own but i believe that in a marriage you work as a team and that 'my money is your money' should go for both the husband and the wife. It is ultimately the mans responsibility, in my opinion, to provide financially for the family but if the wife works then why shouldnt the money be shared as the mans money is. It is the wifes responsibility to take care of the home but that doesnt mean it cant be shared with the husband. Teamwork is the operative word!
Posts: 201 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Originally posted by misfit:
life is sharing, no?

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Im gonna puke!

Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Sora:
Let me tell you all about my mother....

She will be 70 years old and she never worked in her life. When she became 60, she wanted to drive a car so she started to take driving lesson... She has a licence after the lessons but she still says this till today...

The only man I ever paid money for is that Driving teacher...

Did my late father spoil her? [Roll Eyes] She always tells me a man is not a man if he accepts money from a woman...

Sora

Ahhhhhh...that answers misfit's inquiry. Thanks Sora for sharing that. Well done Sora's mom.
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Leila:
Teamwork is the operative word!

I believe a woman can benefit from her own salary-if she works- as her monthly allowance. To spoil herself. Which is the max she can do...and that's teamwork.

But sharing daily expenses is beyond my grasp. It's exploiting females!

Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But any smart woman will surely be using some of the money to keep in a slush fund, or as a security for anything that would happen in the future....Here the done thing is less 50/50 but more a relative percentage for the higher wage earner( eg mortgage repayments will be more for the higher wage earner etc) . Although with the cost of childcare these days it usually actually IS more cost effective for the lower wage earner( still sadly mostly the woman) to provide the stay at home/kids duties. For a baby to get daycare here in Sydney is roughly $70 to $90 dollars a day
Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tiger, you are my kind of man!

[/qb][/QUOTE]In the Tiger land..my money is her money and her money is her money..Go.figure! [Wink] [/QB][/QUOTE]

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com