EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Christmas

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Christmas
kimbo57
Member # 9486

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted      Profile for kimbo57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Confused] [Mad]

Here in England everyone is getting ready for Christmas-what do you all do in Egypt do you celebrate the same, spend as much time and effort for basically one day???????
What about the ex-pats do you still put up your christmas tree????and get in the swing of the jolly season.......

Posts: 68 | From: england | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As in my country it has snowed it feels that winter is coming and winter brings Christmas and New Year. Seem that the preparations have started in Europe for Christmas!
Holiday's coming soon...mmmm...I've start to dream!
Have anyone some idea what Christmas's gift for a man that can be bought?

Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
puppy
Member # 6116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for puppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In finland christmas is 3days holiday. christmas eve,then first christmas day and second christmas day..
I looove christmas. It is peaceful time to be with my family. it is only time in every year,that my family is together..so it is very special.

But now as i'm living in egypt,and i cant travel this christmas to finland..i try to have my own christmas here..
Or i try to forget all thing..cause i know it will make me so sad..and it doesnt feel like christmas here.

Here in hurghada all hotels have some kind of christmas parties..but it is like bad joke for me..christmas should be religion ,tradition time..not time to see belly dancer and drunk people..

Anyway, i know many people,that they dont like christmas..maybe they dont have family,maybe they are not religion people..maybe it is too much headache..to buy all those gift and make special food..
So they like to have different kind of christmas..like christmas in egypt [Smile]

I'm sad,cause christmas traditions are changed a lot. And it is so material holiday now..
How many people even remember,what is the real reason for christmas..

Anyway, we are different kind of people, so everybody is free to have own kind of christmas..

Posts: 263 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last year it was 3 pm here in Hurghada before I realised it was Christmas day in England!!!
But.... I know where I'd rather be!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiveItUp
Member # 4811

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiveItUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's difficult to be in the spirit over here when all around you is not. Did not put up tree last yr but did have a small gathering which made me not miss it so bad. We all played all kinds of fun games, and everyone brought food...I did do some Xmas type games for children and a few gifts..and it went nicely. ..however as today is Thanksgiving and my children are ill and we cancelled dinner party it is a bit hard doing nothing on your holiday it makes you very homesick for sure.
But in view of world events it's a small thing and I'm thankful I am with my children safely and snuggly.

Posts: 395 | From: Whereever I go | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
belly_wigggla
Member # 9626

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for belly_wigggla   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christmas Day generally goes unmarked here - of course, the Muslims don't celebrate it, and the Coptics celebrate it on 7th January...so it's just another ordinary day.

The hotels all have Christmas trees and some organise festive events like carol singing.

I must admit that's one thing I miss - the atmosphere in England in the run up to Christmas...

--------------------
[size=18]My EBAY[/size]

Posts: 41 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com