EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » It's Snowing in DC -- What's up in Egypt?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It's Snowing in DC -- What's up in Egypt?
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or wherever you are posting from?

Much too early for snow here, daggit. [Mad]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FairyDust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a few flurries, no snow. I kind of want it to snow. I like all 4 seasons and can't wait for the start of each new one. Earlier in November it was 83 degrees, what a change.
Posts: 333 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:

colddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
I'm out of the kitchen as expected..downstairs on ES............BUT IT IS COLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD OUTSIDE

Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I love the change in seasons....I get tired of each and always looking forward to the new....

And yes, Tiger, it's freezing! [Big Grin]

Do they say this in Egypt? Or anywhere? Here we say the first cold snap hurts the worst because our *blood is thin* from the warm weather. It has to *thicken up* and then we will be able to tolerate the cold better. ??? Weird.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Well I'm about to venture out into the chilly windy snow to walk my dog....the only disadvantage to living in a high rise... [Roll Eyes]
KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeepinItReal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snow? For real!?! It's beautiful though. I'm driving over the mountains to my parents this weekend but the passes over are always horrible because of the snow. I've had some real close calls. I love snow, but hate driving in it. [Frown] It's good I have front wheel drive, I need all the help I can get with me driving. [Big Grin] It's cold here in Portland but clear skies.
Posts: 1063 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeepinItReal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If only we were like the eskimos, all barrell chested and had brown fat this cold wouldn't be a problem. [Big Grin] Hey Snoozin, are you and Monday going to make snow angels? [Smile]
Posts: 1063 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Nah, it's that wet clunky useless snow.

I like driving in snow. I just don't like it when other people drive at the same time as me.

This new place I live -- has REALLY steep hills..tons of them before I get out to the beltway.....I wonder if I will be forced to betray my beliefs and buy an SUV....well, there are hybrids available now. [Big Grin]

daria1975
Member # 6244

Bwaahahahah! I was going to tell you I'm drinking a cup of Pacific Chai to warm up...first time I had chai was in Santa Cruz and Capitola. LOVED it. And a lot of the stuff here comes from CA and OR.

BUT. This Pacific Chai is made in Midlothian VIRGINIA. Liars! [Big Grin]

*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well I'm about to venture out into the chilly windy snow to walk my dog....the only disadvantage to living in a high rise... [Roll Eyes]

Soon enough your boyfriend willl be back and do the fun walk for you..every nite
Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger,Tiger:
Soon enough your boyfriend willl be back and do the fun walk for you..every nite

He's in charge of the mid-day walk. Gotta break these non-dog people in slowwwwwly.. [Big Grin]
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

quote:
quote:

He's in charge of the mid-day walk. Gotta break these non-dog people in slowwwwwly.. [Big Grin]

O' MAN I'M SO WIPPED
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
O' MAN I'M SO WIPPED

LOL!!!! You guys LIVE together! There's a difference.... Just wait until we're married!!! ROFL!!!! [Big Grin]
KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
quote:
Bwaahahahah! I was going to tell you I'm drinking a cup of Pacific Chai to warm up...first time I had chai was in Santa Cruz and Capitola. LOVED it. And a lot of the stuff here comes from CA and OR.

BUT. This Pacific Chai is made in Midlothian VIRGINIA. Liars! [Big Grin]

Yummy!! I love chai tea. It's real popular over here. I just may go make a cup of it myself now! [Smile]
ShootingStar
Member # 9470

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShootingStar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to tell you the weather in Cairo is gorgeous! It's been a little cool at night and occasionally a cool breeze during the day, but so far I haven't put on a jacket at all (and I'm still wearing sandals, but starting to get some strange looks)! I've caved in on one thing though - a blanket on my bed.

And yes, they say it's freezing here too (and sometimes it is). Just before Ramadan, I went out to dinner with some friends. One is an expat who's lived here for many years. She brought a jacket that night because she was feeling chilly - and that was in early October!

Posts: 118 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Romania snowing too! In weekend we can go to mountain for ski [Wink] [Cool]
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Norway, its freeeeeeeeeeezing cold! and its raining.

I miss EGYPT!!!

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by ShootingStar:
Sorry to tell you the weather in Cairo is gorgeous! It's been a little cool at night and occasionally a cool breeze during the day, but so far I haven't put on a jacket at all (and I'm still wearing sandals, but starting to get some strange looks)! I've caved in on one thing though - a blanket on my bed.

And yes, they say it's freezing here too (and sometimes it is). Just before Ramadan, I went out to dinner with some friends. One is an expat who's lived here for many years. She brought a jacket that night because she was feeling chilly - and that was in early October!

Heh heh. I'm sure. My fiance has one of those super-heavy thick down ski jackets that he wears ALL the time here. It's more appropriate for Maine weather....not here in the mid-Atlantic states. [Smile] But he is cold all the time.

Egypt's winter sounds like a pleasant, crisp fall day here....I'm sad I won't get to go this year to find out for myself. [Frown]

newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe I've got cold blood, but I'm wearing a fleece in the evenings on top of a sweatshirt, with a thermal vest underneath and that's when I'm indoors! I've also been using an electric blanket for 2 weeks now!!! It's nice outside, but inside its getting cold now.
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all, it started snowing here in this part of Germany about three hours ago and it is freeeezing!!!! Funny, today is Thanksgiving Day also. The kids are estatic because this means for tomorrow "fun in the snow". [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its bitterly cold here in the UK too. And snow is already falling in Scotland and is expected to make its way south overnight. Not sure how far south it will get, but its sure cold!
Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard there's the ultimate storm (12 on the scale) in the UK & Scotland, and it's on its way to here.

We have the weather alarm on. Whatever the bug that means.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
I heard there's the ultimate storm (12 on the scale) in the UK & Scotland, and it's on its way to here.

We have the weather alarm on. Whatever the bug that means.

ya mama [Eek!]

The storm has arrived.

Sounds like a hungry godzilla!

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
ya mama [Eek!]

The storm has arrived.

Sounds like a hungry godzilla!

??? What kind of storm? Rain or snow?

We are just having horrific wind right now.....and COLD!

KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
We're having heavy rains here and it's cold. Dumping snow in the mountains. I'm not looking forward to driving over the mountains tomorrow night. [Frown]
NourHayati
Member # 5507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NourHayati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has been raining for 56 hours constantly here in Athens and it is very humid outside. I also miss Egypt [Frown]
Posts: 327 | From: balad alnour | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey guys the weather in egypt is warm, sunny, and cheerful! just perfect [Razz]
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7ayat:
hey guys the weather in egypt is warm, sunny, and cheerful! just perfect [Razz]

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

After lunch we will take the kids out in the snow - and I don't have boots! I am not a winter fan, snow around Christmas time is great but thats about it for me.

Wish I was in Egypt......

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ahmeds
Member # 9277

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ahmeds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to the swimmin pool yesterday [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
if i weren't an egyptian , i would be an egyptian , [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 295 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NourHayati
Member # 5507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NourHayati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]
Posts: 327 | From: balad alnour | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndreAhmed:
I went to the swimmin pool yesterday [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

lol, we should stop teasing them andre. maybe god will punish us, and well have snow storm in egypt tomorrow lol
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
What kind of storm? Rain or snow?

Wind & hail.

I just came back from outside and I almost got swept off my feet and flew off a bridge into the water.

Ya mama! [Eek!]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by AndreAhmed:
I went to the swimmin pool yesterday

Well since you've started teasing, I also went to the swimming pool here in the cold Holland..

But the pool where I went was indoors and warmed [Cool]

You're probably not teased at all are yah [Frown]

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here is still rain.. well with this rain.. there will be swimming pools everywhere!

well Mykingdom, you ppl have some common sense, norwegian tend to go swimming, in the middle of the winter, when its somewhere minus 10 and guess what go swimming outside, in the ocean! IN THEIR BIKINIS!!

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
well Mykingdom, you ppl have some common sense, norwegian tend to go swimming, in the middle of the winter, when its somewhere minus 10 and guess what go swimming outside, in the ocean! IN THEIR BIKINIS!!

I know! The Dutch also start the new year by taking a dip into the North Sea.

Getting a hole in my head sounds more pleasant!

Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It snowed here too, damnit! We got about 1.5" on Wednesday. It's extremely cold here too, it's 21 degrees here today. For our Egyptian friends that would be -6 celcius. Too damn early for this!!!!
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh and then I spoke with my friend Suzanne who's in Kafr el Dawar now and she tells me to pack warm clothes for my trip next month. I can't even escape the cold in Egypt! [Frown]
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
just wanted to tell you guys that we had 30c in cairo today [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by 7ayat:
just wanted to tell you guys that we had 30c in cairo today [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

Not fair! It was 40 fahrenheit here....
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for loborules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aughh its 38 F, Lobo give me your coat.
Posts: 816 | From: On top of a dog house | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zaaina
Member # 9534

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for zaaina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
91 farenheit today in cairo according to wunderground
Posts: 71 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dudda
Member # 8705

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Dudda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

warm weather and shiny [Smile]
Posts: 715 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Its snowing here, we have crystal snow now, which is really cool. but else than that, its freeeeezing cold here!
bay212
Member # 3424

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bay212     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is sunny and warm here in Southern California...Shorts,T-shirts,sandals.75 F..Hello from sunny San Diego.............
Posts: 16 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
i just found out that wearing high heels in Norway, is not such a good idea after all.
[Big Grin]
Unless you dont mind getting some broken bones [Big Grin]

daria1975
Member # 6244

LOL! What does that mean? Ice and you slipped and fell? [Eek!]
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
there are no normal roads now,, we have only ice! I should have worn my skating shoes!!
amazingly enough i managed to go through the war zone without any harm. But when i say i managed, it means. that I crawled my away up to the safety area!
This is the real battle field, Sara vs Ice! [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com