EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » last day of election..???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: last day of election..???
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard the last day of the parlimentary election is tommorrow?

Is everyone here supporting the Ikhan Muslimumun,Muslim Brotherhoos or sumthing???

What I wanted to know is it true that the govt get ex-female prisoners to go out and abuse other opposing women, like rip their hijaab off, and have some sort of razors on their teeth [Confused]

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assalamu alaykum Kamal!

If you check out this link it will give you a few stories about what has been hapening here in the elections up to now. I haven't heard the story you are referring to, but there are many other sad stories out there: http://www.islam-online.net/english/index.shtml

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wa alykum wa salam new,

Thanks alot.
I only found this one: http://www.islam-online.net/English/News/2005-11/25/article02.shtml

My tired eyes only managed to understand that Hishmat won, by over 20.000 comapred to under 9.000 for his oppnenet?

Do they no want the Muslim Brotherhood to win the election or sumthing [Confused]

I personally dont think election will make and difference, muslim need to think more tactifully to win this global war on terror - Bush and co are too organised - InshaAllah.

I think i read on the ES forum how women got abused last time on voting [Confused]
dont know how reliable that is

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i would love for egypt to be ruled the islamic way, but not by the muslim brotherhood, i dont trust them.
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are the other articles I was referring to: http://www.islam-online.net/English/News/2005-11/23/article02.shtml
http://www.islam-online.net/English/News/2005-11/24/article05.shtml

It appears that the next round is today and the last round is on December 1.

And this article shows that there could be more problems on the way: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051126/ap_on_re_mi_ea/eypt_arrests_2

The women who were abused were journalists and protesters during the demonstrations organized by the Kifayah movement, along with men. The Muslim Brotherhood were protesting along with Kifayah. In both situations, the elections and the demonstrations, it appears that the police stood by and did not stop the abuses and violence.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7ayat:
i would love for egypt to be ruled the islamic way, but not by the muslim brotherhood, i dont trust them.

[Confused] why not?

Are you allowed to say who your vote went to?

newcomer
Member # 1056

Here is the latest news, sadly its not good: http://www.islam-online.net/English/News/2005-11/26/article02.shtml

The article confirms that the last phase of the elections is due to start on December 1, but there will be run-offs six days after that...that is of course if the judges allow the voting to go ahead. It appears that they have closed some of the polling stations today due to the violence! Many people have been arrested and injured, please pray for them.

TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard that there wil be "massacre" today in alexaneria, in some rough area, cos of these election [Confused]

I was reading some link you gave me how the state owned newspaper, write that the govt tell them to [Confused]

surely, the average egyptian knows whats going on, I wudnt think they wud be that gullible as they are on the other side of the world
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

newcomer
Member # 1056

I am told that what is happening is the norm, and that people were more surprised this didn't happen on the first day of voting, rather than them being surprised at it happening now. Perhaps some Egyptians can comment on this? Particularly on your question about what the average Egyptian thinks.

I have heard people say that they won't get involved because there is no point, it won't change things, but we have seen this time that some things are different from before, so obviously there is something that has caused this difference. Is it the government that has changed or the people, is it due to external pressures or internal ones? What do people think?

TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
You know some people say it 7aram do vote [Confused] ...

What you think?

I read that it ok to vote...like if it will benefit the muslims ?

Does that mean voting in USA, UK or other part of europe, we should vote?
And would it be permissible to vote in muslim countries for the "islamic parties"

Or do we vote for the lesser of the evils [Confused]

I never voted since I've eligible....
just better I stay away:)

--------------------
--
here...

newcomer
Member # 1056

Here is the latest link on the Egyptian elections: http://www.islam-online.net/English/News/2005-11/26/article02.shtml

To be honest Kamal, I haven't looked into this subject in enough depth to be able to give you a detailed reply based on sound argument as to whether I think it is haram or not to vote, as I haven't really researched it in enough depth. However, I believe that there are some scholars who do argue that political involvement, including voting, particularly in non-Muslim countries, is haram and there are others who encourage it, depending on their interpretation of Islamic law. As there are also some who will argue that democracy and shura have the same bases and other will say that democracy misses out some of the essential elements of shura.

If you keep this question until Troubles comes back, I'm sure he will be able to give you a more detailed answer on the different positions in this discussion than I can...unless any of the other members can help out in the meantime.

Humanized
Member # 8471

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Humanized     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMO Haram or Halal is not the question. Egyptians should use their rights to vote and decide their future , using the current system. otherwise they will be shot dead then be called terrorists.
Posts: 817 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatic For The People
Member # 7160

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatic For The People     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egyptian police attack reporters covering election

CAIRO (Reuters) - Egyptian security forces attacked a number of local and foreign journalists covering an increasingly troubled parliamentary election on Saturday and confiscated or damaged their equipment.

Thousands of riot police sealed off polling stations to anti-government voters in many areas. They also arrested over 800 supporters of the Muslim Brotherhood, a banned but usually tolerated Islamist group that has made gains in the early stages of the election.

Security forces have harassed journalists in the past, but physical attacks on reporters have been rare, especially on non-Egyptians or those working for foreign media organisations.

Mohammad Taha, an Egyptian working for the British Broadcasting Corporation, said a police officer had hit him while he was on the phone reporting election violence in the Nile Delta.

"I was telling London that troops were threatening voters, beating them with sticks and using teargas. Then one of the officers heard me ... and put his hands round my neck," he said.

"He tried to put me on the ground. But I struggled. I was on air at the time ... He told me to shut up and used a stick to hit me in the stomach. Then he asked one of the officers to take me away," he added.

Police later confiscated parts of Taha's mobile phone and broke his earpiece. Reuters journalist Tom Perry was taken into police custody after attempting to take a photo.

Both journalists had official press accreditation from the government. In theory there are few formal restrictions on reporting, provided reporters can show the card.

"ELECTION TRANSPARENCY"

The Egyptian government has made much of election transparency, and what it said were newly granted rights for election monitors and journalists to enter polling stations.

"I got my camera out to take a photo of a queue of voters waiting -- blocked from going into a polling station by riot police -- and I hadn't even focused when a guy in civilian clothes grabbed me and my camera and started shoving," Perry said.

"He pulled me through the riot police line and took me to a police station and took my camera ... I got my camera back but they took the memory card. The pushing and shoving was nasty. They wouldn't give their names or a reason."

Journalists agreed that the level of intimidation and violence against the press had risen as the election has progressed. Saturday's voting was the second stage of the second round. One more stage, consisting of two rounds, remains.

Cris Bouroncle, a photographer for the French agency AFP, was harassed in the same region, and the U.S.-based Associated Press said security forces had confiscated one of their reporters' identity papers.

In one of the more serious incidents during the previous round of voting, police detained a photographer from Egypt's Al Masry Al Youm newspaper, one of two independent dailies launched in the last two years. The episode led to a front-page story.

"An officer instructed his men to grab him ... They roughed him up and they seized the camera, cell phone, everything he had on him, including his wallet," said Hisham Kassem, the newspaper's chief executive.

The photographer was detained for seven hours and was kept waiting for his camera for three days.

"This is very common," Kassem said. "Now everybody is being assaulted, including judges, reporters and others ... I don't understand what's happening. Are things really getting out of hand? This is an indicator."

Copyright © 2005 Reuters

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2005/11/27/worldupdates/2005-11-27T030921Z_01_NOOTR_RTRJONC_0_-225168-1&sec=Worldupdates

Posts: 637 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatic For The People
Member # 7160

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatic For The People     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kamal211:
You know some people say it 7aram do vote [Confused] ...

It is not. There are many arguments but none with regard to the electoral system but I don't recall any of them stating that it was haram.

http://www.islamonline.net/livedialogue/english/Browse.asp?hGuestID=XRVkzA

Posts: 637 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Humanized:
IMO Haram or Halal is not the question. Egyptians should use their rights to vote and decide their future , using the current system. otherwise they will be shot dead then be called terrorists.

Most importantly, u should vote so that u don't let all the demonstrations that took place in Egypt this year go to waste ... we might have lost the presidential elections, but we still have hope with the parliamentary ones.
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to see anyone other than the thug party in power ... our best hopes lies with an organized and democratic group. And unfortunately, that is the Muslim Brotherhood for now.
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
quote:

Hi/salam..

If Muslim brotherhood were to win, wont egyptian be called terrorist and shot dead anyway...

...by the americans [Roll Eyes]
like the Talibans...

[im not making a like to like comparison with taliiban and the ikhwans ... just saying what seems to happen when any *islamic* groups are in power....]

However, I hear the Egyptian have the strongest/biggest military after "occupied-palestian" [Confused]

So if ikwan group win, it should be interesting... [Roll Eyes]

quote:
Originally posted by _Masrawi_:
I would like to see anyone other than the thug party in power ... our best hopes lies with an organized and democratic group. And unfortunately, that is the Muslim Brotherhood for now.

quote:

[Confused]
i know there's always sumthin wrong with almost all political groups...is there somethin wrong with them ???

Humanized
Member # 8471

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Humanized     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

If Muslim brotherhood were to win, wont egyptian be called terrorist and shot dead anyway...

...by the americans [Roll Eyes]
like the Talibans...

the word "brotherhood" was attacked in the past
inside egypt and from outside. but this time the attacks are only coming from inside.

"brotherhood" doesnt mean "Taliban" in anyway. it was amazing this time that many Copts were voting for Islamic brotherhood.

Posts: 817 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kamal, the taliban? man these people had the most extreme misinterpretation of the koran i have ever seen! is that what you want egypt to be? women being forced to wear the burka, men forced to grow beards. taxi drivers spying on women? women commiting suicide because of depression? no music, movies, or books because its all haram? is that what you want egypt to be like? is that islam? no its not!

egyptian people are very religous, and they desperatly want a change, they want a relief. naturally they want islam, so they think that muslim brotherhood, immediatly means a good islamic state. and i just don't believe that. we do not just need good muslims in the government we need good muslim POLITICIANS. people who know politics, who are smart, who will take egypt forward. do you know what the MB guy said? if he ever takes control of the gov, the first thing he will do is cancel the peace treaty with israel? wallahi? and launch egypt into a war? i'm sure the israelis will love that, they can reinvade sinai! and thats what the MB is, rash, emotional statements with no base! absolutly no political sense or experience!

and humanized, i read an editorial by a copt saying that if the MB takes power, all the copts in egypt will leave!

guys, we want a real islam in egypt! i want good education, clean streets, decreased crimes, kindness, politness, and team work. i want the women to put the veil because they want to, not because they are forced to. i want people to get up and pray because they believe in it, not because the law says no one is allowed in the streets during prayer time! i want democracy, and i dont want the government to act like god and tell the people what is haram and hilal!

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Humanized
Member # 8471

Member Rated:
quote:

and humanized, i read an editorial by a copt saying that if the MB takes power, all the copts in egypt will leave!

with all my respect 7ayat.
we do read so many things about MB , but believe me they are not the ignorants with beards and short Jilbab you see.
Govt. created the fear of MB by reproducing the fake propaganda all over the years.im sure you know all the stories.
if we will decide our fate and Egypt's future then at least try talking to MB , listen to them then judge and let's be fair. [Smile]

TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
quote:
[
Govt. created the fear of MB by reproducing the fake propaganda all over the years.im sure you know all the stories.

That sounds plausible...

Does Egypt's neigbour Libya have a similiar Islamic group, like M-Brother??

Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
7ayat, I know you like Ibrahim Esa, here is what he wrote on al destoor

إبراهيم عيسى يكتب: انتهى الدرس يا وطني!!
بقلم: إبراهيم عيسى*

24/11/2005

أ. إبراهيم عيسى

أي مواطن منحه الله نعمة العقل والضمير الصاحي وقف هذه الأيام بين اختيارين في انتخابات مجلس الشعب، الحزب الوطني وجماعة الإخوان المسلمين وقد اختار فعلاً وبلا تردد الإخوان المسلمين.

أنا أصدق مبدئيًا أنَّ كل صوتٍ حصل عليه مرشح الإخوان هو صوت حقيقي لمواطن خرج من داره متغلبًا على السلبية ومتحملاً ضغط الدولة وعسس أمن الدولة وصنوف الإرهاب الأمني والترويع وسنج البلطجية وسيوف المسجلين خطرًا وإمكانية تزوير صوته وتزييف إرادته وراح إلى صندوق الانتخابات وأعطى صوته لمرشح الإخوان!

وأنا لا أصدق أنَّ أي صوتٍ حصل عليه مرشح الوطني ليس مزورًا ولا مزيفًا ولا محسوبًا بطريقة حسابات لجنة آمال عثمان!

لكن لماذا يختار المواطن مرشح الإخوان؟ ولماذا ينتصر المصريون للإخوان المسلمين في هذه الانتخابات؟

ينتخب المواطن الإخوان لأنهم لم يرشحوا فاسدًا ولا ناهبًا للبنوك ولا سارقًا لقوت الناس ولا ضباط أمن دولة متهمين بتعذيب المواطنين.

لم يرشحوا محتكرًا لسلعة أو صناعة ولا تجار مخدرات ولا مزورًا ولا شخصًا شارك في بيع ثروة مصر ولا ناهبًا قطاعها العام ولا مستبدًا عابدًا للرئيس ولا منافقًا مصفقًا مطبلاً مزمرًا ولا مفصلاً لقوانين ولا ترزيًا للتشريعات ولا مطبعًا مع "إسرائيل" ولا متعاملاً مع مِنَح الأمريكان ولا شريكًا في الكويز ولا أفَّاقًا ولا نصابًا ولا مدلسًا!

يختار المواطن جماعة الإخوان المسلمين دون ترددٍ ودون شكٍ عندما يكون منافسها حزبًا فاسدًا مستبدًا أو حزب المسجلين خطر، خطر على مستقبل مصر وماضيها وحاضرها، مسجلون في تاريخ مصر السياسي باحتكار الحكم وأبدية السلطة وتوريث الوطن، مسجلون خطرًا باستخدام الطوارئ في قمع الناس وكبت الحريات، حزب المحاكم العسكرية واثنين وعشرين ألف معتقل، حزب أسقط مصر في قاع الدول اقتصاديًّا وسياسيًّا وثقافيًّا وعلميًّا وتعليميًّا، حزب البطالة وقطع أرزاق الناس.

يختار المواطن جماعة الإخوان التي تمسك أعضاؤها رغم السجن والاعتقال والتعذيب والموت في سيارات الحجز ورغم محاكم أمن الدولة العليا والمطاردات في الرزق، تمسكوا بأفكارهم ومبادئهم (أيًّا كانت ومهما اختلفنا معها أو عليها) في مواجهةِ النصابين السياسيين والمخبرين وعبدة السلطة وماسحي الجوخ ومنافقي السلطان ومصفقي قوانين سرقة البلد وأفراد عصبة سياسية تآمرت على وطنها ببيع ثرواته واستنزاف موارده والإثراء الشخصي على حساب جوع الناس وبطالة ملايين الشباب!

يختار المواطن الإخوان المسلمين لأنهم رجال تضحية وبذل من أجل فكرتهم ومشروعهم الفكري والسياسي (أيًا ما كان الاختلاف معه أو حوله) في مواجهة بائعي ضمائر وحرباءات نفعية تتلون بالاشتراكية حينًا وبالرأسمالية حينًا، تفدي زعيمها أيًا كان بالروح والدم، ثم تنهش في سيرته وسمعته بعد أن يموت، ثم تسلم ضمائرها مؤجرًا مفروشًا أو تمليكًا لرئيسٍ جديدٍ يقبلون عتباته ويتمرغون في نفاقِهِ ثم يرفعون رئيسهم لمصاف الأنبياء والآلهة لا يسائلونه ولا يحاسبونه، يتلونون مع كل نظامٍ ويتشكلون مع كل مرحلة، انتهازيون في السياسة نهازون للفرص، مع معاداة "إسرائيل" إن قال الرئيس، ومع الصلح معها لو أمر، ومع الشراكة التجارية والصناعية معها لو أشار!!

يختار المواطن الإخوان المسلمين لأنهم لم يمسكوا سلطة ذات يوم فأذلوا الناس ولا صادروا الروح ولا اعتقلوا ولا قتلوا ولا عذبوا ولا نهبوا ولا بددوا، ولا مرغوا بسمعةِ بلدهم في الوحل، ولا انهزموا في كل موقعة ولا نالوا صفرًا في كل محفل، بل كانوا في مواجهة من خيب الأرض فبورها بقوانينه وتواطؤه ومن نحر النهر فلوثه بإهماله وتورطه، ومن نشر السحابة السوداء بغبائه وقلة حيلته، ومن بث السرطان في النفوس بتلويثه الزرع والسماد ونشر "فيروس سي" في أكباد المصريين ودمَّر كلى الشباب بعد أن لوَّث مياه الشرب.

يختار المواطن جماعة الإخوان لأنهم أغنياء من الحلال، لا ضبطوا منهم أحدًا يتاجر في ممنوعات ولا مهربات ولا يحتكر سلعًا ولا مصانع بل تُقفل لهم عيادات وصيدليات ومحلات وورش ومصانع نتيجة الاعتقال والمطاردة في مواجهة مليونيرات حزب وحزب مليارديرات كسبوا بالحصانة والصفقات المشبوهة والقوانين المفصلة لهم وبالمصاهرة مع رجال السلطة وبالمشاركة مع أولاد النظام، يصرف الإخوان من أموالهم ويصرف منافسوهم من أموال الناس الغلابة!

إنَّ أي انتخابات في الدنيا هي بين اختيارات، ليست اختيارًا لنموذج المثالية ولا للأروع والأبدع والأكمل بل اختيارًا للأفضل بين متبارين ومتنافسين، ومن هنا فاختيار الناس للإخوان هو ليس اختيارًا للإخوان في المطلق بل اختيارًا للإخوان في مواجهة منافس معين وهو هنا حزب السلطة المحتكر المستبد المتهم طول الوقت بالفساد وتبديد ثروة البلاد، إذن الذي يريد أن يفهم لماذا يحوز الإخوان هذا الإقبال الشعبي المدهش (أدهشني أنا على الأقل) لا بد أن يعي مَن هو منافس الإخوان، وهذا الحزب الفاشي الفاشل الذي يطلق كلاب حراسته تعوى على الإخوان وتنهش في أعراضهم ودينهم لا يدرك أنَّ هذا التوحشَ الضاري والعداء الهستيري والهوس المرضى بمعاداة الإخوان هو واحد من أهم الميزات التي يضيفونها إلى الإخوان المسلمين، ولأن الحزب الوطني أفشل من أن يعرف فشله فقد تصور أنه بمجموعة قوات مخبرينه المحمولة للتليفزيون أو المرمية على صفحات الصحف سوف يواجه الإخوان والحقيقة أن أي عاقل يجد نفسه تحت قذف موعظة من منافق للسلطة أو مخبر صحفي يثرثر في مهاجمة الإخوان سوف يجد نفسه دونما أى حاجة للتردد ميالاً للإخوان فمتى صدق الناس الانتهازيين والمخبرين؟!.

هذه هي حملة تضليل تمارسها الدولة في جنون يستدعى الشفقةَ على حالِ مصر التي تسلمت قيادتها ضغمة مستبدة فاشلة محتكرة للسلطة أبدية الجلوس على الحكم مورثة سلطانها وجاهها لأولادها معدومي الموهبة الذين جمعوا حولهم مأجورين أو أُجراء من الساسة وأساتذة الجامعة وصحفيين لا يقدرون على المواجهة؛ لأنهم احترفوا كتابة التقارير الأمنية والسرية في زملائهم حتى يصعدوا في الترقيةِ ويجلسوا على المناصب وأجروا ضمائرهم لأول ضابط أمن دولة كلَّمهم في التليفون سواء في الجامعة أو في المؤسسات الصحفية أو غيرها..

تحاول حملة التضليل ضد الإخوان أن تصم الإخوان بصفاتِ وممارساتِ الجماعات الإرهابية والفرق كبير والفارق هائل.

ليس من مصلحة هذا الوطن الدمج في النظرة بين الإخوان المسلمين وجماعات الإرهاب المسلحة (اللهم إلا إذا كانت نظرة وزارة الداخلية وحدها) فالإخوان تيار سياسي سلمي له برنامجه الواضح وحضوره المدني الواسع وانصهاره في الحياة العامة والنقابات والبرلمان والصحف، أما الجماعات المسلحة فهي سرية تحتية تكفيرية إرهابية.

الإخوان لم يكفروا في يومٍ أحدًا، ولم يرفعوا سلاحًا في وجهِ أحد، ويعلنون ليلَ نهارَ قبولهم بالحكم المدني والاحتكام لصناديق الاقتراع بل ولم يلبس مرشدهم جلباباً ولا نراهم إلا بملابس عادية وبكلامنا اليومي لا تقعروا ولا ترمزوا بأسماء مثل أبي مصعب أو القعقاع!

الإخوان أبناء العصر بينما الجماعات الإرهابية منفصلة عن العصر في الزي والفكر، في المظهر والجوهر.

جماعة الإخوان كائن يتطور وينضج سياسيًّا ويدخل حلبة المنافسة المدنية الديمقراطية ويتسع جمهوره وأنصاره، بينما الجماعات الإرهابية لا تعترف بالحكم المدني ولا بالديمقراطية والبرلمان وتكفر الجميع وتقتل الجميع!

من مصلحة هذا الوطن أن يكون هناك تيار إسلامي ديمقراطي ينافس الجميع على السبق بالفوز في الانتخابات مثلما جرى في تركيا أو في ماليزيا.. ولا أفهم ما هي المصلحة في نفي الإخوان المسلمين من الساحة السياسية والجماهيرية؟ إذا كان البعض يخشى ويخاف من أنَّ الإخوان سينقلبون على الديمقراطية فهذا تفتيش في النية والضمائر، فالإخوان قالوا وأقسموا أنهم لن يفعلوا.. فلماذا نُصرُّ ونصمم على تحري ما في قلوبهم ونواياهم، وتلك الروح البوليسية الغثة التي يمارسها حتى عقلاء كثيرون في الوسط السياسي واليساري؟

الحقيقة أنَّ الذي يحتكر الدين والدنيا هو الحزب الوطني.. الذي يحكم بالكاكي والأمن المركزي هو الحزب الوطني.. الذي يمارس الاستبداد هو الحزب الوطني.. الذي يصادر الرأي ويمنع الأحزاب هو الحزب الوطني.. الذي يفرض الطوارئ هو الحزب الوطني فلماذا نهاجم الإخوان على ظن تملكنا أنهم فاعليه، وإنَّ الظنَّ لا يغني من الحق شيئًا، بينما لا نقاوم الحزب الوطني على ما ثبت أنه يفعله؟

الأمر كله في الأول والآخر أنَّ الإخوان المسلمين ينافسون على 125 مقعدًا وحتى لو فازوا بها جميعًا (وهذا مستحيل طبقًا لنتائج المرحلة الأولى والثانية) سيصبحون حزبًا معارضًا رئيسيًا ضد الحكم والنظام، فمن يؤيدهم الآن يؤيد حزبًا للمعارضة وليس حزبًا للحكم وهناك فرق جوهري بين أن تؤيد أحدًا ليحكم وبين أن تؤيد أحدًا ليعارض!

فضلاً عن أنَّ من حق الناس أن ترى تجربة الإخوان في البرلمان بشكلٍ أوسع وأدق، فإن كانت خيرًا أيدهم مَن أيدهم وإن كانت شرًا وخيبةً تركهم مَن تركهم وبحثوا عن غيرهم شأن كل الديمقراطيات في العالم.

أما السحق الذي يريده الحزب الوطني ومخبروه للإخوان وهذا الذعر الذي يُبديه المثقفون واليسار تجاه الإخوان فهو محض ضعف عن المواجهةِ والمنافسةِ واحتكار مضاد للحقيقة ورفض عميق للآخر واستسهال مزرٍ للفشل.

أما التلويح والتهديد بأنَّ وصولَ الإخوان لمجلس الشعب قد يدفع الأقباط للفزع وربما الهجرة فالمؤكد أولاً: أن الأقباط هم أكثر شرائح مصر هجرةً قبل صعود الإخوان بل في قلب فترة اعتقال الإخوان أيام عبد الناصر، هذه واحدة، أما الثانية: فالأقباط يعلنون كل يوم عن اضطهادهم في عصر مبارك وكثير من هذا حقيقي وله منطقه وبعضه مبالغة مبررة وهذا كله في ظل فترة ليس للإخوان فيها شيء لا في المعارضة ولا في الحكم، ثم مَن الذي يُضطهد أكثر الإخوان أم الأقباط؟ مَن الذى تجاهل ترشيح الأقباط وأبعدهم عن السياسة؟ هل هم الإخوان؟ ثم أخيرًا يجب أن يتوقف الأقباط عن التصرفِ كأقلية مذعورة فهم مواطنون في هذا البلد لهم حقوق كما لأكبر رأسٍ في البلد..

مجمل الأمر أنني لا أتصور أنَّ الأقباط يمكن أن يشكلوا حق فيتو على اختيار الشعب الديمقراطي ولا أظن أنَّ عقلاء الأقباط يسمحون لعواطف متوهمة أن تجعلهم في موقعٍ مضادٍ لاختيار المصريين، مع ظني أنَّ كثيرًا من الأقباط قد منحوا أصواتهم للإخوان من بابِ النكاية في الحزب الذي تجاهلهم واستبعدهم!

إذا كان الاختيار بين جمال مبارك وعصام العريان فمن حق الناس أن تختار عصام العريان....

وإن كان السجال بين أحمد عز وعبد المنعم أبو الفتوح فطبيعي أن يختار الناس عبد المنعم أبو الفتوح...

وإذا كانت المنافسة بين كمال الشاذلي ودكتور محمد حبيب فالاختيار الأكيد لمحمد حبيب!

-------------

** المقال الافتتاحي لجريدة الدستور الأربعاء 23 نوفمبر 2005م

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
[

That sounds plausible...

Does Egypt's neigbour Libya have a similiar Islamic group, like M-Brother??

Libya, Syria and Jordan have strong MBs.
Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

7aya, better read what MB say not some biased government news!

Have you guys read what al jumhorya said about election results today? Ikhwan are losing and watani winning everywhere! what?!!!who do they think they can fool?

عصام العريان
الإخوان المسلمون وحكم مصر: لا مبرر للقلق

http://www.aawsat.com/leader.asp?section=3&article=335353&issue=9861

محمد السيد حبيب
حكم الإخوان غير وارد.. ولكن هكذا نتصور الحك
http://www.aawsat.com/leader.asp?section=3&article=335363&issue=9861

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
troubles, before kamel opened this thread, i was actually going to start a thread about the MB. they scare me, but a friend of mine loves them, and says they are not hardliners like those ruling saudi arabia. so i wanted to open a thread to learn the opinions of other people who are more knoweldgable than i am! but as everyone knows by now, i'm very passionate when it comes
to egypt, and so i couldn't help posting above. i'm going out now, so i will read the above links later in the day. and yes i do love ibrahim eisa [Smile]

TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Troubles101:
Libya, Syria and Jordan have strong MBs. [/QB]

What about Morroco, Tunisia, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Indonesia, Afghanistan [Roll Eyes]

Do they all have the M-Bruvers, or an *islamic* political party....

I think it would be great if they all linked up, and had a few discussion, the world will be so much more civilised [Smile]

makes me thing of my career now....maybe I should have considered politics [Eek!] [Wink]
it doesnt seem all that bad...

newcomer
Member # 1056

quote:
quote:

What about Morroco, Tunisia, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Indonesia, Afghanistan [Roll Eyes]

I think it would be great if they all linked up, and had a few discussion, the world will be so much more civilised [Smile]

makes me thing of my career now....maybe I should have considered politics [Eek!] [Wink]
it doesnt seem all that bad... [/QB]

I can confirm that Ikhwan are alive and strong (if not openly) in the Malaysia and Indonesia, and they arer also one of the strongest Islamic groups in the US. And by the following Qaradawi has in the UK, I would guess, they are there too! Not sure about the other places, other than those mentioned above.
Troubles101
Member # 4543

quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
quote:
quote:

it doesnt seem all that bad...

I can confirm that Ikhwan are alive and strong (if not openly) in the Malaysia and Indonesia, and they arer also one of the strongest Islamic groups in the US. And by the following Qaradawi has in the UK, I would guess, they are there too! Not sure about the other places, other than those mentioned above. [/QB]
Same ideas or same roots? Jordanian, syrian and Libyan MBs all have same roots. They were all started by Egyptians or by Egyptian influnce of Hasan El banna and they feel related to the source even though they are not as connected to the Egyptian MB as it was several yrs ago. I read once there are like 70 organized MB all over the world but do they represent themselves under the MB banner?
newcomer
Member # 1056

quote:
Same ideas or same roots? Jordanian, syrian and Libyan MBs all have same roots. They were all started by Egyptians or by Egyptian influnce of Hasan El banna and they feel related to the source even though they are not as connected to the Egyptian MB as it was several yrs ago. I read once there are like 70 organized MB all over the world but do they represent themselves under the MB banner?

Not having been a "fully paid-up member" I don't know too many details, but from what I can gather, like you said, they have links to the source and tenuous links between each other, but many of the ways their practice is exhibited is different, with some being more liberal than others; but always a distinct separation between them and the "salafis" in ideology and practice. And they all seem to have strong internal ties of allegiance.
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
I was thinkining....

This board is full of how these men to this and that to women....
I personally find it hard to beleive that all this can be done [Eek!]

I thought it might of been just sumthing of "ES women" experince....but I wouldnt be suprised if it was more wide-spread now...

So I wanna ask...[i assume the M-brother are the only *Islamic* group], if they were in power...wud they sort out these men?
i.e. discpline them, and would the "harrasment" level decreas or stay the same

[Confused]

Humanized
Member # 8471

Member Rated:
Correction: Nov. 21 Egypt-Elections story

By MAGGIE MICHAEL
ASSOCIATED PRESS WRITER

In a Nov. 21 story about Egypt's parliamentary elections, The Associated Press erroneously reported the number of seats won outright by the Muslim Brotherhood in the first two rounds of voting. The group has won 47 seats so far, not 81. The corrected version of this story appears below.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1107AP_Egypt_Elections_FIXED.html

Humanized
Member # 8471

Member Rated:
The figures shown here are based on the preliminary results after the runoff in the third phase of voting, as announced by Interior Minister Habib al-‘Adli on November 15, with some details taken from Egyptian and other regional press analyses.

The Egyptian People’s Assembly has 454 members, 444 of whom are directly elected in two-member constituencies throughout the country, and 10 of whom are appointed by the President. (The President usually uses his appointments to increase representation of women, Copts, or opposition groups who do not do well in the elections.)

Of the 444 seats up for election, preliminary results were announced for 442 of them; one two-member constituency in Alexandria had its elections stopped and will have to hold a by-election to fill the seats. The numbers listed here are preliminary.

On the parties, see the box, “The Parties” in the Dossier “Egypt’s Parliamentary Campaign Begins”, in The Estimate, September 22, 2000. The results as announced by ‘Adli were as follows:

National Democratic Party: 388 seats. But by one count, only 175 of these seats were won by the ruling party’s official candidates; the other 213 were either members of the NDP running as independents (against official NDP candidates) or independents who announced after winning that they would join the NDP. Thus while the NDP controls the overwhelming majority, a majority within that majority got there by defeating the party’s own official candidates.

Independents: 37 seats. After the “independents” who joined the NDP are excluded, some 37 independents of other types won. Of these, 17 were openly candidates of the Muslim Brotherhood. The others are estimated to include two non-Brotherhood Islamists, five Nasserites, and the balance are independents of unstated allegiance.

Wafd Party: seven seats. The Wafd held six seats in the old assembly.

Al-Tagammu‘ Party (Progressive National Unionist Rally): six seats. The leftist Tagammu‘ had five seats in the outgoing People’s Assembly.

Nasserist Party: three seats. In addition four or five of the independents are allied with the Nasserist Party, which held one seat in the outgoing Parliament.

Ahrar: The right-liberal Ahrar Party won one seat, the same as it held in the outgoing Parliament.

The official results as stated here are perhaps somewhat misleading, since the 17 members elected by the legal opposition parties are equaled in number by the 17 Muslim Brotherhood candidates, who while listed as independents because the Brotherhood is not a legal party, will form a key opposition voting bloc. The other opposition parties vary in their attitudes towards the government: the Tagammu‘, the longstanding left-wing party, has become increasingly supportive of the government because it is staunchly secularist.

The only Mahamadoca
Member # 9643

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The only Mahamadoca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The MB got 76 seats so far, and there is another stage will start and they expect to win another 49 in the final stage out of 136
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/7A1FA096-36FE-4D26-8C10-DD1251051BDB.htm

--------------------
Those Who Are Afraid To Fall , Will Never Fly..

Posts: 31 | From: EGYPT | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Humanized
Member # 8471

Member Rated:
The MB Resurgent?

The Society of the Muslim Brothers (Al-Ikhwan al-Muslimun) is not a legal party in Egypt, but is one of the few political organizations which has a nationwide infrastructure and the ability to rally support. In the 1980s, it first formed an electoral alliance with the Wafd Party, and then with the Socialist Labor Party. In the 1984 elections the Wafd-Brotherhood alliance won 58 seats, most of which were Brotherhood. In 1987, allied with Socialist Labor, the alliance took 78 seats, 36 of them belonging to the Brotherhood. The Brotherhood effectively took over a major wing of Labor (as the party is usually called for short), and controlled its newspaper, al-Sha’b.

Though the Brotherhood used to elect a number of members of Parliament through its legal party allies, a series of boycotts excluded it from the last Parliament (actually, one Brotherhood supporter was elected as an independent and did serve). Meanwhile, the government has regularly cracked down on Brotherhood operations in several areas, regularly arresting activists, and manipulating the rules of professional syndicates to force the Brotherhood out of leadership positions.

Meanwhile, the Brotherhood has faced internal challenges from younger Islamists, who clearly feel the organization has been dominated by an old guard leadership. The Brotherhood’s Supreme Guide, Mustafa Mashhur, is 81. The Deputy Supreme Guide, Ma’mun al-Hudaybi, is the group’s 79-year-old spokesman and a son of a former Supreme Guide. Another key leader is Sayf al-Islam Hasan al-Banna’, son of the movement’s founder. These elderly leaders have mostly been activists since the 1930s or 1940s, and are seen as out of step by many younger leaders. This has led to some tension between the Brotherhood’s Guidance Council, led by the old guard, and the Political Bureau, led by younger Islamist activists.

Meanwhile, the government has often focused its crackdowns on the younger leadership. And a group of these younger leaders sought to establish a political party of their own, Al-Wasat (the center), without success, but this led to a number of resignations from the Brotherhood proper. Official government media were happily announcing the virtual demise of the Brotherhood in recent years.

This year, the government went a step further. When Al-Sha’b, the Labor Party paper, led the attack on the novel A Banquet for Seaweed earlier this year, splits in the party were encouraged by the government and ultimately Al-Sha‘b was suspended from publishing and the Party itself “frozen” because of internal leadership disputes. (On this see the Dossier, “Egypt’s Culture Wars Lead to Crackdown on the Labor Party” in The Estimate, June 2, 2000.)

That seemed to augur ill for the Brotherhood this year: the Labor Party had been its legal route to Parliament since the late 1980s. But the Brotherhood rebounded by running independents in large numbers. When its elderly Secretary General, Ibrahim Sharaf, died this year, it brought out large numbers for his funeral. It also announced a list of candidates which included a woman and a Coptic Christian.

The Brotherhood still faced considerable difficulties in this election. Its supporters say that in many areas they were prevented by police from entering the polling places. (The judicial supervision of the polls was limited to the actual polling stations, not the exterior.) Most of the violence that did take place this time came from clashes between Islamists and police in certain towns. Still, the Brotherhood managed to elect 17 of its candidates, and there are another two Islamists who were elected who are not from the Brotherhood. This puts an Islamist bloc back in Parliament for the first time in some years, and while not as strong as the blocs which emerged from the 1984 and 1987 elections, it is likely to make for some lively questioning of government ministers in the new Parliament. And the Brotherhood, however aging, has shown that reports of its demise have been greatly exaggerated by the government media.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com