EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Who else scams Westerners in Egypt???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who else scams Westerners in Egypt???
OneLoveOnePeople
Member # 9667

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for OneLoveOnePeople     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone, I was curious about something..After reading alot about men conning western women on this post, like that Egyption Lover guy, I was just wondering if anyone knew of any women doing this to western men...???
Posts: 100 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by OneLoveOnePeople:
Hello everyone, I was curious about something..After reading alot about men conning western women on this post, like that Egyption Lover guy, I was just wondering if anyone knew of any women doing this to western men...???

We call that mail-order bride. [Big Grin]

Not Egyptian women, but Russian, Filapena, and Asian..... That is more of a business negotiation. I'll marry you to get to America and get citizenship. Somehow though, no matter how this game is played, the woman is more likely to suffer. [Frown]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShootingStar
Member # 9470

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShootingStar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting. I hadn't thought about it that way, but I did a quick Google search and one of the first things I came up with was the "Anti-Scam Guide for Men Seeking a Russian Wife". Their ad says..."Let's face it, the internet is faceless. How do you know who you're talking to? A beautiful sincere Russian girl or a hairy Boris writing beautiful letters.

P.S. Nothing against Russians in general - it just seems there's a huge "mail order bride" industry between the US and that part of the world.

Posts: 118 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ShootingStar:
Interesting. I hadn't thought about it that way, but I did a quick Google search and one of the first things I came up with was the "Anti-Scam Guide for Men Seeking a Russian Wife". Their ad says..."Let's face it, the internet is faceless. How do you know who you're talking to? A beautiful sincere Russian girl or a hairy Boris writing beautiful letters.

P.S. Nothing against Russians in general - it just seems there's a huge "mail order bride" industry between the US and that part of the world.

My friend's father *ordered* a bride from the Phillippines. Trust me, in that case the woman lost out. [Eek!]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

On the flip side, there is a woman here in the DC area, rather well known (among immigrants), who marries immigrants until they get green card status or whatever they need to stay here permanently, in exchange for a lump sum of cash, his supporting her while married, and regular sex. And she has had 4 husbands for this purpose. She's not attractive. She's not educated. She's not even particularly nice. This is her business. [Roll Eyes]
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what ever happened to going down to the singles bar, find a good looking woman, buy her a few drinks, dance a little and see what happens.? If it doesn't work out go on to the next one, still works for me. ...jesus, what is the world coming to?

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by Horemheb:
what ever happened to going down to the singles bar, find a good looking woman, buy her a few drinks, dance a little and see what happens.? If it doesn't work out go on to the next one, still works for me. ...jesus, what is the world coming to?

Did you get TURNED DOWN by a mail order bride, Hor? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You gotta be kidding. If I get to the point that I have to order some woman from Kiev I'm done, its over. At that point you might as well hang it up. I'd drive over to the Mexican whore house on the border before I'd do that, at least I could see what I was paying for.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Yeah, but problem is, you won't be able to see what you'll be bringing home with you -- til you go to the doctor! [Eek!]
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
Yeah, but problem is, you won't be able to see what you'll be bringing home with you -- til you go to the doctor! [Eek!]

hehehehe...good observation! [Smile]
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
now now Susan. Its not as bad as all that. You know that the border towns along the Rio Grande all have Mexican whore houses. On the weekends they are usually full of American college guys.
The aids level is much lower there than it is here in America. There was a study that was realeased back in the late 90's that showed that most Mexican prostitutes were village girls trying to make some money and that American prostitutes were generally on drugs and thus had a much higher level of STD's. Another thing about Mexico, youi never forget their names, they are all named Maria.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

daria1975
Member # 6244

The WHO estimates that 340 million new cases of syphilis, gonorrhoea, chlamydia and trichomoniasis occurred throughout the world in 1999 in men and women aged 15-49 years. The largest number of new infections occurred in the region of South & Southeast Asia, followed by sub-Saharan Africa and Latin America & the Caribbean. The highest rate of new cases per 1,000 population occurred in sub-Saharan Africa.
Real life
Member # 7982

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Real life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On British radio a couple of months ago (Radio 4) there was a programme on middle aged English men (50s) who marry much younger Brazilian women (20s) in the fond belief that its true love and once the visas given (and it seems to be much easier for a man to bring a foreign woman in than a woman to bring a foreign man in - sexist or what) and the girl comes to England, she leaves him almost as soon as they exit the airport.
Such a familiar story to a lot of those on here but in reverse!

Posts: 148 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by OneLoveOnePeople:

no honey its western men who chase egyptian women!
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dudda
Member # 8705

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Dudda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7ayat:

Indeed! i've a Christian female friend chased by a German guy god knows for how long [Eek!]
Posts: 715 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dudda:
quote:

Indeed! i've a Christian female friend chased by a German guy god knows for how long [Eek!]
yes and i know many many stories! look what the title of the thread is "who else scams the westerners in egypt" as if the western people are perfect and innocent, and all egyptians are con artists. and now this person is pointing her finger at the egyptian woman! how dare she! why don't you people look at yourselves first!
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OneLoveOnePeople
Member # 9667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneLoveOnePeople     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe I should have named the title differently, Im sorry, I do not mean any disrespect toward Egyptian people..my bad
Posts: 100 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dudda
Member # 8705

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Dudda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

yes and i know many many stories! look what the title of the thread is "who else scams the westerners in egypt" as if the western people are perfect and innocent, and all egyptians are con artists. and now this person is pointing her finger at the egyptian woman! how dare she! why don't you people look at yourselves first!

I want to tell you the German guy was having two other GFs besides my Egyptian friend but the other two girls were western he cheated on them all, then simply leaved to his own country!
Posts: 715 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ShootingStar:

My friend's father *ordered* a bride from the Phillippines. Trust me, in that case the woman lost out. [Eek!]
Actually Snoozin, the INS has regulationa and legislation in place to protect mail order brides because so many of them are so terribly abused.

I can't begin to tel you how many end up dead, forced abortions, never filling INS paperwork, working 100 hours a week in sweatshops, so forth.

Husbands found over the internet rarely loose out, mostly they are very capable of taking advantage of the woman or man.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a woman who lives in Hamtramck (Detroit area) who marries Yemeni men for a living. Same deal as your woman, Snoozin. I even saw her at the INS office back when I was married. I'm not sure how many men she's married. She too is not attractive, uneducated, and not a nice woman overall from what I hear. Her nickname is "Fish", God I hope that's not referring to her smell [Wink] [Eek!]

quote:
On the flip side, there is a woman here in the DC area, rather well known (among immigrants), who marries immigrants until they get green card status or whatever they need to stay here permanently, in exchange for a lump sum of cash, his supporting her while married, and regular sex. And she has had 4 husbands for this purpose. She's not attractive. She's not educated. She's not even particularly nice. This is her business. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by kaldoais:
There's a woman who lives in Hamtramck (Detroit area) who marries Yemeni men for a living. Same deal as your woman, Snoozin. I even saw her at the INS office back when I was married. I'm not sure how many men she's married. She too is not attractive, uneducated, and not a nice woman overall from what I hear. Her nickname is "Fish", God I hope that's not referring to her smell [Wink] [Eek!]

OMG I almost lost my dinner! ROFL!!!!

Well, I suppose everyone has to have a job. [Roll Eyes]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com