EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Kirsh! (Pot Belly)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kirsh! (Pot Belly)
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once an Egyptian passes his late 20s, s/he almost always develops a pot belly..

I heard the strangest reasons for this phenomenon. Many people think it's because they drink plenty of water [Roll Eyes] , others say it's because of their wives' cooking (always blame it on the wife!)..

Have you noticed all those "Kirshes" in the streets of Cairo?

Don't you think there should be a health campaign about it?

Share your thoughts..

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am past my 20s and I got no kirsh ... There! [Razz]
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EFLVirgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that was more common with the older generation.
Posts: 372 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by _Masrawi_:

And you live in Canada and manage to take at least a daily walk or a bike-ride without catching lung cancer.. There [Razz] [Razz]
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
quote:

And you live in Canada and manage to take at least a daily walk or a bike-ride without catching lung cancer.. There [Razz] [Razz]
Right ... walk in -20 Degree weather.

Plus, I've only been here for a little over a year.

Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:

[Eek!]

Just thinking about it should make one lose his kirsh [Big Grin]

Yabny what brought you there? I mean have fun, but the weather in Canada is so depressing. (Like it's every day sunshine here in Holland [Roll Eyes] )

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Wisconsin is similar. Basically we call it a beer belly.

I have some pudge around the middle but scant amounts anywhere else. And the tummy flab is the worst to get rid of.

I really thought that Egyptian men were transplanted from Wisconsin because so many have the 'beer belly'.

Kid you not.

But my FIL doesn't have one and neither does any of his brothers, uncles, cousins. Its really strange.

But my husband is starting to develop a fatty middle and is very self-conscious about it.

He was such a fat little kid, he looked like a girl until he was 8 years old. But his is one of the biggest guys in town now. And so fricking strong.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

quote:
quote:

[Eek!]

Just thinking about it should make one lose his kirsh [Big Grin]

Yabny what brought you there? I mean have fun, but the weather in Canada is so depressing. (Like it's every day sunshine here in Holland [Roll Eyes] )

Actually we are currently enjoying our last few days of "moderate" weather ... imagine that.
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Actually we are currently enjoying our last few days of "moderate" weather ... imagine that.

ya lahwi! Holland is a tropical country then [Cool]
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

quote:
quote:

ya lahwi! Holland is a tropical country then [Cool]
We had a decent winter last year ... it only went down to -39.
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well the egyptians have a pot belly, and the germans have a beer belly lol [Smile] but yeah i agree with you, all egyptian men have kersh. its such a turn off. you know my grandfather used to tell me that he would recognize the egyptian men in europe by their pot bellies, and the egyptian women from their asses [Smile]
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

You sure? not even a tiny little kirsh out there?
Amazing! I cant even imagine an Egy guy over 35 w/o one!

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7ayat:
well the egyptians have a pot belly, and the germans have a beer belly lol [Smile] but yeah i agree with you, all egyptian men have kersh. its such a turn off. you know my grandfather used to tell me that he would recognize the egyptian men in europe by their pot bellies, and the egyptian women from their asses [Smile]

Ikhs 3aleiki , dah el kirsh is such a cute thing.. Not when over done though. I have to admit kirsh is one of my weaknesses!

Ah, but yr grandfather was definitely right...especially the asses part! Ragel fetek bardo geddo.

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7ayat:
but yeah i agree with you, all egyptian men have kersh. its such a turn off.

Big turnoff, I agree! But there are a few without ...
Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
misfit
Member # 8880

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
huge asses and kirshes.. not that i have any but these are not ugly things, these are actually signs of beauty in egyptians (though in a weird way).
seems to me an egyptian woman without a huge ass or an egyptian man without kirsh definitely have something missing.. huge women asses could be genetic but men's kirsh is most probably acquired, IMO it goes very well with the watermelon, since every egyptian man must walk in the street carrying a watermelon at some point of his life, he has to have that kirsh for balance!

Posts: 956 | From: nowhere | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by misfit:
huge women asses could be genetic but men's kirsh is most probably acquired

I think that's what bothers me about it (apart from the way it looks). A guy who sports a kirsh in most cases doesn't do any sports, sits on his chair all day and in his car the rest of the time, usually doesn't pay much attention to his diet and so on ... for me personally that's a big turnoff.

That said, I know many women who like guys with a belly. [Cool]

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by misfit:
[qb]

That said, I know many women who like guys with a belly. [Cool]

Okay, thats definitely me then - I must admit here. [Wink] Well, not that the belly should be a huge one but it should be there. No chance with a six pack with me, there has to be some meat on a guy. Usually "meaty" guys are anyway more laid back and better to "knuddle" - at least for me. And I love hairy chests too, the more the better. But as I said its my preference.

I know many women are out there who will totally disagree with me...... [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EFLVirgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lily, are you for real? [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 372 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
Snoozin, Russell Crowe doesn't have a pot belly. I mean he's well-built, but that's something else.
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Pink Lily:
No chance with a six pack with me, there has to be some meat on a guy.

I'm not a fan of big sixpacks either and guys with a huge biceps turn me off big time.
I like skinny guys with a bit of nicely toned muscle, runner types like myself. [Wink]

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:

Even though my fiance is 150 pounds soaking wet, and to me he's the most gorgeous man on the planet.....

My husband is 6'3" and 220lbs. He is nice to look at, if thats the only thing going for him.

I can't stand skinny or short men.

I need a bear of a man and a tall one.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com