EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » any help???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: any help???
ashraf_salah
Member # 3829

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ashraf_salah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am trying to quit smoking.
any past experience here?
is there any aids make it easier to quit?
i tried to find any thing to help?
where can i go to find these drugs?

Posts: 91 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatic For The People
Member # 7160

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatic For The People     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ashraf_salah:

Keep quitting.
Quit for a day, quit for an hour, quit for month it doesn't matter just keep trying.
People will laugh at you every time you say you're going to quit...it doesn't matter . Just keep trying.

In that process you will find what works for you. You'll learn when and why you go back to smoking and eventually you will quit and wonder how you did it!

One thing that will definitely help is exercise.

Posts: 637 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EFLVirgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Ashraf, is this deja vu? Or did you actually post an identical thread months ago? [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 372 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

You have need more volition for manage to quit smoking. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I strongly recommend this:

Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

2 solutions no third, stay away from all smokers or marry a very demanding woman who will make sure you got no money in your pocket whenever you go out
Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think, at least among men, about 80% of men in Cairo smoke!

I would to if the pack only costed 3 pounds here as it does there!

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snoozin, you said "it seems everyone smokes". Than, how come my egyptian friend was so socked when i was telling him i'm a smoker? He even asked me not to smoke when i'm chatting with him.
Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a figure of speech, Sadeeqy. Please don't be offended. [Wink]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ana moh but!
How could you think you offended me? But i'm really curious why he did that, if they smoke all the time?
Do you think it's important to him, or it's only about his ego? He told me numerous times to quit smoking!

Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cause its very unusual to see a women smoke..
its a big shocker for them

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Hi, Serendipity!
But he already knew i'm not a muslim and that i live in Europe! He asked me a lot of questions about our customs and morale, he accept a lot of my opinions. Do you think it's all about obediance?

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey sadeeqy, welcome to ES.
I just think he is just not used to it. Its very unusual. (it has nothing to do with islam, but with the culture).
Maybe in time he will get used to it, and btw why not stop its bad for your health you kno [Wink]

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Ya, i know it's a bad habit, but you know, it's a saying here that the sum of vices must be constant. If i quit smoking i must re-equilibrate the balance and start drinking or chasing men. I think smoking is less dangerous for my health than men!
Only kidding!

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
lol! best excuse ever heard! [Big Grin]
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sadeeqy:
Ana moh but!
How could you think you offended me? But i'm really curious why he did that, if they smoke all the time?
Do you think it's important to him, or it's only about his ego? He told me numerous times to quit smoking!

Sorry Sadeeqy! It was just that I *was* generalizing and that usually gets me into trouble on ES.

Compared to the US, it just *seems* all of Egypt smokes! [Wink] (and yes, like Seren said, I'm referring to men, here. I did see women smoking shisha, but that was it.)

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Welcome to the boards, Sadeeqy! [Smile]
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ya, i know it's a bad habit, but you know, it's a saying here that the sum of vices must be constant. If i quit smoking i must re-equilibrate the balance and start drinking or chasing men. I think smoking is less dangerous for my health than men!
Only kidding!

Hi Sadeeqy and welcome! "the sum of vices must be constant" sadness this words are sometime true.
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Hi, Karla and Snoozin!Thanks a lot for your warm welcoming!
I recently "discover" Egypt thru the eyes of one of my chatting friend and i try to learn more about their culture, religion, customs. I even started to learn a little arabic.
It's unbelieveble! I never saw Egypt and i'm already in love with it!

daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Hi, Karla and Snoozin!Thanks a lot for your warm welcoming!
I recently "discover" Egypt thru the eyes of one of my chatting friend and i try to learn more about their culture, religion, customs. I even started to learn a little arabic.
It's unbelieveble! I never saw Egypt and i'm already in love with it!

Ah, you need to visit if you can. I have only been once but it was fabulous! [Smile]

How cold is Romania right now??? [Eek!]

karla
Member # 5472

Bucharest not so cold [Smile] 6 degree
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Sadeeqy as snoozin said, you gotta visit soon!
I am sure you will love it [Smile]

Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Snoozin, 6 degrees equals "to cold for me".
And, Serenity, i already love Egypt. But i don't know if i'll be able to see it so soon. You know, family, kid, householdings, job, studies, and so on...
But till then, i'll keep dreaming of it!

daria1975
Member # 6244

LOL!

It's colder here in DC.. -2 celsius.

[Wink]

Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Well, then you must warm yourself from inside! But i think it's a little bit difficult when you aren't with someone who cares about you! A huge hug for you, Snoozin!
By the way, where is Sonomon? We have this "acommodation" guy here who use the site for advertising only. He posted all over the place! I already had to much advertising around me in real life, i don't like it here, too!

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
talk about being tired! posted in the wrong place!
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Ya, i was trying to tell you that just now!
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
lol.. i guess my mind is somewhere else [Roll Eyes]
MatureLover
Member # 9716

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MatureLover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
however smokin is within my life since 20 years now, I have tried to quite about 1500 times, but I love it and u might laugh , but I find women who smoke very extremly sexy,

I'll keep on tryin to quite, but can't say I will succeed until a doc orders me to stop:)

--------------------
MatureLover

Posts: 10 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MatureLover
Member # 9716

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MatureLover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the 23rd of January I felt I had very hard breath and I decided on the spot to quit smoking after 20 years of it!

It has been about 16 days now. I have finally stoped!

Today, I'm obssessed with my health.

I recomment you a herbal drink I read about and made at home and call it "Shafion" (Cause it healed me from smoking (since Shafi means healer) and cause I'm addicted to it now and so it is like opioum which we call in Arabic Afion: Therefore it is as a whole "SHAFION"!

It consists of Egyptian GINSENG, Green Tea, & LICORICE ROOT. you mix them together and make as a hot tea! (Licorice root is an antioxident)

I love it now, and it really did help me quit Cigaretts.

I also make now Cardio exercise for my heart and lungs to be healthy, and take antioxidents + Vitamin B, C & D, + Omega 3 and 6

That is best after quitting

Hope for all, all the luck to quite!

OH man, Life does have another healthy smell

--------------------
MatureLover

Posts: 10 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get a small screwtop lid bottle.
Empty your ashtray into it.
Half fill with warm water.
Shake and carry everywhere you go.
When you feel the urge.
Remove screwtop lid.
Inhale deeply for 10 seconds.
Replace Screwtop lid.
Then 'throw up in the nearest receptacle!!!!
Works evertime!! [Wink]

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tootifrooti:
Get a small screwtop lid bottle.
Empty your ashtray into it.
Half fill with warm water.
Shake and carry everywhere you go.
When you feel the urge.
Remove screwtop lid.
Inhale deeply for 10 seconds.
Replace Screwtop lid.
Then 'throw up in the nearest receptacle!!!!
Works evertime!! [Wink]

[Confused]
Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

also there is a member here in ES who gaveup smoking PM him, "Tigerman" he is very helpful...
Posts: 968 | From: www | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com