EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » HELP NEEDED GIRLS !!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP NEEDED GIRLS !!!!!
hatshepsut
Member # 4664

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted      Profile for hatshepsut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can anybody give me informations about self - defending courses * pref. for girls * in cairo!!!

my daughter got attacked and she's scared to go out since then - maybe if she would feel more confident after such a course...

[Confused]

Posts: 127 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigli
Member # 7682

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hatshepsut:
can anybody give me informations about self - defending courses * pref. for girls * in cairo!!!

my daughter got attacked and she's scared to go out since then - maybe if she would feel more confident after such a course...

[Confused]

Please tell us the details if thats ok with you? Would you mind maybe sending this info to the Egytpian centre for women's rights?

If you find any classes I would also join in.

Posts: 458 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry about your daughter, Hatshepsut! [Frown]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigli
Member # 7682

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hatshepsut:

[Confused]

I can give you some advise though? Im from the country with currently the highest crime rate in the world. Just a few tips for all women.

1. Always lock you car doors once your inside.
2. Never open the window too much.
3. Always walk with a key clasped in your fist protruding from your fingers and stab with it if needed.
4. Never walk alone at night.
5. Scream the loudest scream ever and if possible try to put your nails in his eyes.
6. Always walk very upright with fists clenched as attackers are normally weak and fear anyone who looks confident.

You can also purchase a personal body alarm that will make the biggest ruccus if you activate it and of course that old favorite BURGLAR SPRAY.

Posts: 458 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatshepsut
Member # 4664

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatshepsut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you very much girls..... if i'll get to know adresses, i will let you know gigli ....

thanks snoozin - very nice of you!!!!

Posts: 127 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germansara
Member # 5920

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for germansara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, H.

maybe in the wadi degla club.....they have also a wesite.
If I find the time I will check it out.

[Cool]

Posts: 909 | From: Germany/Egypt | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they have any wing chun martial arts its good for girls-it was invented by a nun.If someone wants to lift you up and you dont want to put your hands under their elbows flat-it will make it very very hard for someone to pick you up against your will.My son gets taught this as strategies aginst someone trying to abduct children etc.( he does wing chun)
Also the part behind a persons upper arm( mid way above elbow and below shoulder) if you pinch this part really hard it will immobilise someones arms briefly.
Eyes and groin and SCREAM-noise is the good strategy as well.

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for loborules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lobo is so sorry to hear about your daughter. She needs to get counseling for it, especially if its a rape. There is nothing to be ashamed of, and it is never the victims fault. No one asks to be attacked.

http://www.rapevictimadvocates.org/myths.html

http://www.star.ak.org/Library/files/rts.htm

http://www.latebloomerpublishing.com/ptsd.htm

What happens when someone is traumatized, it re-wires their brain, and sets them up to get victimized again. Lobo is in no way blaming the victim, it just happens. So really encourage your daughter to talk to someone. Men can get assaulted too.

A self defense course would help, it will give her courage and build her self esteem.

Posts: 816 | From: On top of a dog house | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatshepsut
Member # 4664

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatshepsut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for your kind response - all of you....

lobo, thank for the links - it didn't came to that point, but she's still very very scared and has no more confidence...

still trying to find self defence course in cairo... none found so far [Frown] [Frown]

Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Melati:
If they have any wing chun martial arts its good for girls-it was invented by a nun.

Ving Chung is very good. [Smile]

I lost all the contac info but I know there are several centers in Cairo offering courses in martial arts because I've inquired about this myself a while ago. Check out the gyms and dancing centers, most of them offer classes in karate and kickboxing but you might get lucky and come across some that offer ving chung or girls' self defence courses.

Good luck!

The Karate Kid - Heba Salah

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for loborules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If she is terrified she needs to talk to someone about it, even tho it wasn't a rape. Its still just as scary. And Lobo worrys that she is wounded, and lost her self confidence. Perp's can find victims ... again please get her talk to a qualified professional .. AND that she did nothing wrong ...

Have you contacted the Egyptian Academy for Martial Arts (EAMA)?

Posts: 816 | From: On top of a dog house | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com