EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » organizing orphans

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: organizing orphans
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey all,

I have seen that the orphan organizations in Egypt are represented very badly.
First there are very little communcation in english, mostly they write in arabic. which make the possibility to help very little.
Second, many of them dont have any website. which makes their volunteers, very limited.
SO i was wondering of making a website, with some information about the diff orphanage places, with facts and contact info.
I dont know any other beside Mosaada. so I would love it if you could give me any info about the diff orphanages. You could PM me or reply here.
This would be a great deal of help for the children.

with regards, Sara

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh that would be great since my level of understanding pcs is really low.
I would really appreciate every help i can get [Smile]

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Ok first i need people to help me here, with getting the adresses of diff orphanage homes and a bit facts about them.

where we could make as a directory, where we can get to make a sort of presentation of the orphanage homes, with a brief itroduction of how many children they have, what they need. and their contact info.

what do you think?
we could add some pictures from the diff orphanage homes.

I am still waiting for some info about the orphanage homes.

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
hmm the name of the website .. must be simple and very easy to remember
what about children of the nile?

That would be great! do you think we can manage to finish it before the 28th?
I am going to hajj then.
I will try asking the ppl i know too.

Zaykon this means a lot to me and specially for the children!!

People of ES [Big Grin]
WHERE ARE YOU GUYS??
I would really appreciate it if you could help here. any info at all. would do great benefit.
those in Cairo, can you check with the orphans there? I know there are lots of posters on the roads, about them.
same goes for other places in Egypt.
your help counts!

Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's one!

School Name: Lillian Thrasher Orphanage
School Location: Assiout, Egypt
School Type: Orphanage
Missionaries: Duane Armstrong
Address: PO Box 174
Maadi, Cairo 11728
Egypt
Email: darmstrong@pactec.net
Description: This institute that is older than the Assemblies of God itself is home too more than 650 orphans. Children who are brought to this orphanage are given the opportunity to learn a range of skills including woodworking, sewing and computer skills. Its graduates have found places of service in every sector of the Egyptian society.

http://www.ag.org/acts/bgmc_acts_project_schools.cfm

Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Show Time
Member # 8513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Show Time     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it is a nice idea sara
i got 3 orphanages in my area , i can stop by , gather some information.. but we shall first organize the great idea .
but im in

Posts: 627 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Thats great sadeeqy!! may God bless you!
i've saved it to my pc. but wow 650 orphans! thats something! this will help a lot [Smile]

i hope the rest can join here [Smile]

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
thats great Sam [Smile]
that would help a lot!
When we have gathered more than ten, we can start working on the webpage. we can have meetings at yahoo or so.

this is going great! lets see some more helping hands here! [Smile]

Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, how about 3A.- Arms Around Angels?
Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Show Time
Member # 8513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Show Time     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
egygoods would that be a proper one
Posts: 627 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Zaykon- the name will be reconsidered [Big Grin]
Sadeeqy- its good but if it has any words related to egypt would be better.

Sam- is that for the name?

Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
This is the organization that handle those things in Egypt. Maybe they could give you some information, if you are willing to involve?

http://sedoparking.com/parking.php4?domain=sunshine-international.co.uk&s=57124b10394061316cce&task=search&language=e®istrar=&keyword=orphanage&tracked=&partnerid=&language=e

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Zaykon I am all blank:D
so everybody feel free to suggests names since i am far from good in that field!!

Zaykon, what do you think shall we start when we have about ten orphan homes?
and what do you think about having meetings at yahoo, so we could see how the website should look and how the info shall be presented.

Show Time
Member # 8513

Member Rated:
but guys if we gonna make a site , it is not easy to change the name from now and then.
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Ok then ppl help me here.. give me more names I am cluless here!

what about angels of egypt ? [Confused]

Show Time
Member # 8513

Member Rated:
choose an easy one to be recalled by everyone
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Hearts of egypt?
Helping hand?

Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Yes, the fallen angels of Egypt! [Frown]
Show Time
Member # 8513

Member Rated:
u said alot, now choose one [Big Grin]
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
lol.. well tell me which is best
the candidates are

angels of egypt
fallen angels of egypt
3A-arms around angels
EgyGood
Helping hand
Hearts of egypt

I personally like helping hand.

Zaykon can you check if any of the names are available at this moment?

Show Time
Member # 8513

Member Rated:
angelsofegypt.org.eg

heartsofegypt.org.eg

egyptaid.org.eg

egygoods.org.eg metaphorically suggested

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
what about helping hand egypt?
we could make them shorter
f.ex
hhegy.org.eg
or
hoegy.org.eg
did you check if they are available?

Show Time
Member # 8513

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
lol.. well tell me which is best
the candidates are

angels of egypt
fallen angels of egypt
3A-arms around angels
EgyGood
Helping hand
Hearts of egypt

I personally like helping hand.

Zaykon can you check if any of the names are available at this moment?

We can make it as organization, so we wouldn't bother if is taken for .com
Show Time
Member # 8513

Member Rated:
helpegypt
aidegypt
the shorter the better , in my opinion [Smile]

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Sam on line:
[QUOTE

We can make it as organization, so we wouldn't bother if is taken for .com [/QB][/QUOTE]

aha thats excellent, i told you guys my info about the internet is very limited!

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
ok.. helpegypt is good..aid makes it seem like their going to a hospital or so!
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
If you make an org.eg you can call it anyhow, even Serendipity.org.eg, (the development of events by chance in a happy way.)
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
the most important thing that this website can be found easily if you make a search in any search directory.. specially google..
will that happen Sam if we choose org.eg?

Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Look for yourself!

http://www.google.com/search?hs=K0f&hl=en&client=opera&rls=en&q=org.eg&btnG=Search&lr=

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
wow thats great!!
Show Time
Member # 8513

Member Rated:
usaid.gov

we can make one alike
egyaid
egyptaid

Show Time
Member # 8513

Member Rated:
quote:
the most important thing that this website can be found easily if you make a search in any search directory.. specially google..
will that happen Sam if we choose org.eg?

i guess it would happen [Smile]

i will go now guys ,update me with the latest news

Show Time
Member # 8513

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Zaykon:
how about
better-egypt

wanna say nice on before i go [Smile]
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about EgyptOrphans?!!

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
ok then we choose egyaid.org.eg
what do you guys think.
simple and easy to remember.

Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
relief.org.eg
Show Time
Member # 8513

Member Rated:
quote:
ok then we choose egyaid.org.eg
what do you guys think.
simple and easy to remember.

i agreee [Smile] guys let me go please
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
thats great .. so far unfortunatly we have only one link (thanks sadeeqy [Smile] )
BUT WE NEED MORE!
I hope that ppl here can participate with info about the diff orphans in Egypt.

Zaykon i will give you the trouble of choosing a name.. i dont seem to be able to choose!

Show Time
Member # 8513

Member Rated:
before i go [Big Grin]
Let me add don't guys make just for orphans, make it diverse to help more categories of those in need

yalla i will go ba2a [Big Grin]

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
that would be a good idea.. let see first what we can manage to make out of this idea.
the more ppl to help.. the better:)

Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
I have no idea if this link would help, because i don't know arabic. But if it's good, ok, if not, don't blame my ignorance, please.........

http://www.haneen.com.eg/charity/orphanage.asp

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
thats great link Sadeeqy
it helps a lot and gives ideas to our website
thanks sweety

Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
I give the link to this organization above, but i think maybe this is better.

Sunshine Project International (orphanage)

There have been a number of posts about an orphanage in luxor called the Sunshine Home for abandoned/orphaned children. They apparently do some very good work there, and regular bbs users are urging people to make contributions, or if you are in Luxor, drop by the home with any items that might be useful.

Contact information is:

Sunshine Project International
Chairman in Egypt - Dr. Amr Taha
Manager - Lorna Ford
Address - Sunshine Project International
371 Television Street,
Luxor.
Tel: 0020 95237 2400
Email - Lornaali2000@yahoo.com

Representative in England - Eve Lawton, 245 West Street, Crewe, Cheshire CW1 3HU
Tel: 01270 213916
Email - Eveterry2000@tiscali.co.uk

http://www.touregypt.net/teblog/messagecenter/?p=12

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Thanks Sadeeqy that one helps a lot!

I'll be heading for bed now.. i hope to see more ES members participate.

Sadeeqy good night from Norway.. and God bless you for helping out. [Smile]

Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Good night, Serendipity, i will go to bed too, it's 3:13 am here!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com