EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Mobile phones

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mobile phones
kimbo57
Member # 9486

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimbo57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone tell me when the battery runs down on your mobile (in Egypt) the message says 'sorry unavailable or cannot connect at this moment' but if the message says ' Temporalily out of order' does this mean that the simcard as been taken out of the phone????????
Posts: 68 | From: england | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could mean that the person is in an area with a poor signal or the signal is weak at that time.
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Real life
Member # 7982

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Real life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would have thought 'temporarily out of order' would more likely refer to the transmitter rather than the phones or simcard.
Posts: 148 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it's a mobinil it gives the famous "hetty faletty" message [Big Grin]
Who is Hetty Faletty?? sounds like an Irish kitchen maid!!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes it means that the network is down.

quote:
Originally posted by kimbo57:
Can anyone tell me when the battery runs down on your mobile (in Egypt) the message says 'sorry unavailable or cannot connect at this moment' but if the message says ' Temporalily out of order' does this mean that the simcard as been taken out of the phone????????

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snap
Member # 9789

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for snap     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you can only hear the "Temporarily out of order" with the land lines. I don't think Mobinil or Vodafone have such a message.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snap:
I think you can only hear the "Temporarily out of order" with the land lines. I don't think Mobinil or Vodafone have such a message.

ne he means," 3`er mota7" [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 968 | From: www | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ardooda
Member # 5159

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ardooda   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone know anything about short term mobile phone rentals in Cairo?
Posts: 84 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for loborules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there is an electronic store in Maadi .. they are very knowledgeable ...

the message could be not getting a cell tower frequency, or in a 'dead' air area, not sure about the simcard

Posts: 816 | From: On top of a dog house | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenzy5
Member # 9817

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenzy5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if it tells temporalily out of order in mobinil's network means switchedoff or in an area has no signals with cellulars lines
for vodafone it means that it's out of coverage or maybe the mobile owner makes a divert to 777 and still open the phone or even if he switched it off
that's for my knowledge [Wink]

Posts: 1 | From: egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com