EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » What's your resolution for 2006?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's your resolution for 2006?
focus683
Member # 4013

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for focus683     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wishing everyone a merry christmas and a happy new year.

I'm not a very active ES member, but i do like to keep track of what's going from time to time. Most members are quite friendly with the exception of those who join thinking they can achieve something through ES (like getting married) or those who have a strong opinion they try to impose on others (like kafir4ever whose sole purpose in life is to attack Islam without doing enough research to back his arguments). To those people: GET A LIFE!!!

Big hi to Debbie whom I took to carrefour about a year ago to help her fulfill her special shopping needs, but didn't hear from since. Hope you still remember me. If not, maybe the cinnabon treats might ring a bell. Are you still there by any chance?

Well I'm gonna begin by stating my own resolution for the new year:
- A thinner, better, and more fit figure
- Becoming successful in my new career
- Forgetting all the bad incidents and moving on
- Forgiving those who did me wrong

I might think of more later. So what's your new year's resolution?

Posts: 169 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quit smoking
Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zam05
Member # 9771

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for zam05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to quit smoking too and generally living in a more healthier way, but I guess I will not get it like in the years before.
Lol, my mom has a funny resolution, she is 70 and did till now never use an escalator because she is afraid of, but in the next year she really want to try it.:-)))

Posts: 39 | From: Germany | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't have many bad habits. Its what I don't do that I need to do.

1. organize and scan all college notes.

2. study and pass two IT certifications.

3. push on and learn 150 Egyptian-Arabi words.

In the next year.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eat with knife and fork instead of face in plate
( ie-lose a bit of flesh all round hehe)
Stop smoking "socially"...yeeeeuuuuchhhh.
Finish my boring as anything accounting course.
( why oh why did I sign up....)
Clean out my garage( no no noooooooooooo)
Be vegetarian for at least half of each week.
Remember to read my sons school notices so I dont send him to school in uniform when its actually mufti day ( bad mum )
Actually choose flooring, book and commit someone to lay new flooring in the kitchen( its been sitting there since my new kitchen went in LAST YEAR!!!- do not match up to the new kitchen design, leaving concrete exposed in parts LOL-I swear Im soooooo lazy!!)
Remember to water the plants on the balcony so as not to kill them through base and inexcusable NEGLECT!!!
Read more, swim more, be thankful each day to have made it this far!

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buy another house.
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same as the one for the last five years....QUIT SMOKING.... I realized that I can not do it on my own ..so I 'm going to one of these guys that put neddles and pins in your body...Some one told me it is very effective...We shall see...

--------------------
PEACE

Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went down from a pack a day to five cig..to 10 ceg a day...deponds on the stress I'm having that day....where is my lighter....

--------------------
PEACE

Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

My Son wants to be an astornut...How much money do I need for that...

--------------------
PEACE

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
- to make my marriage work inshallah
- to continue being a journalist in australia (will probably have to struggle alot for this one)
-eat healthy, and be fit
-try to make things better with my family
-learn more about islam

inshallah

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
- RESIGN..And go back home!!!
- Get another degree..In community development.
- Take my mom to Marrakesh to visit her family.
- Visit my friend in NYC next summer.
- Visit 7ayat in Sydney before April.

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ngeg:

don't forget your friend inshallah in sydney [Smile]
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7ayat:
quote:
Originally posted by Ngeg:

don't forget your friend inshallah in sydney [Smile]
YES YES YES...
Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
focus683
Member # 4013

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for focus683     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to pass like 10 IT certification exams and i hope i get the strong will to finally stop gorging throughout the day and lose a significant amount of weight. Also finally get rid of the razor bumps on my face and the ingrown hairs that I couldn't cure for several years (even with bump patrol) which leaves the unavoidable choice of laser surgery.
Posts: 169 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NourHayati
Member # 5507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NourHayati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think next year I should try to:

* be a better friend
* forgive the person who hurt me most the last
years
* appreciate more what I have and expect less
from people
* stop eating unhealthy snacks

Posts: 327 | From: balad alnour | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com