EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Countries stereotypes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Countries stereotypes
MousseT
Member # 9226

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MousseT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was reading the thread about the Americans being loud, and I thought... omg generalization is so frustrating. And when someone falls in it, it shows clearly that there is no will about trying to understand other people's different cultures and ways of living!
Generalization is something in which all of us do fall sometimes, so why don't we list here the sterotypes we hear about any country, and members from those countries mentioned should try to explain why "it is not always like this" and train the others to look under a different viewpoint.
(I am already afraid that I will have to explain that I do not eat always pizza playing the mandolino..... [Roll Eyes] )

Posts: 285 | From: Milano, Italy | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry MousseT, but Kafir4ever had already posted a thread on this before!!

You hate me dontchyah?!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everybody has his own sterotypes, for me: italians are addicted to fashion , british are snobish, egyptians are funny, jewish are thieves, chinese are constipated, americans are loud, russians are drunkards, brazilians are fags ( idon't know how to spell this one), swiss are slow and finally french are smart.
Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was forgotting: germans are nazis
Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Labibah
Member # 9742

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Labibah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know you are Norwegian when:
1. You are more afraid og the custom officer than a terrorist.

2. When you are more interesting in shopping at the tax-free than to reach the flight in time.

3. When you celebrate new years eve in a t-shirt outside, and it is not cold, even in -20 degrees. (Maybe the alcohol to blame?)

4. When you buy alcohol at the tax-free at the airport, even you never drink alcohol, just to buy what you are allowed from the government...

5. When you are longing for the beach by the Red Sea the whole winther because it is too cold at home, and you imidiately start to cplaint it is too hot at Hurghada airport...

--------------------
everything is possible!

Posts: 84 | From: Norway, Trondheim | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MousseT
Member # 9226

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MousseT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
British do always get drunk on Friday evening...
Posts: 285 | From: Milano, Italy | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MousseT
Member # 9226

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
Sorry MousseT, but Kafir4ever had already posted a thread on this before!!

You hate me dontchyah?!! [Big Grin]

Noooooooo!!! Instead I LOVVVVVVVE you !!!!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! [Mad]

[Razz]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Columbo:
germans are nazis

Ngeeeeeeeeeeeeeg!

We need ShipShip right here right now!

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Dutch are skinflint.

No stereotyping. It's a fact!

borat
Member # 9599

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for borat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Britain is made up of 4 countries. I cannot agree that the scots the welsh and the irish are known for snobbery!!
Is this what you think of the other 3 columbo?
I think you will find that the scots love the ale, but are second in friendliness to the egyptians, Irish love the ale and are third in friendliness, The welsh eat leeks, and used to have the most wonderful princess till she was killed in a car in Paris.

Posts: 57 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

The British Isles are composed of four races of man:

. . . the Scottish, who keep the sabbath--and everything else they can get their hands on.

. . . the Welsh, who pray on their knees--and on their neighbours.

. . . the Irish, who don't know what they want, but are willing to fight for it anyway.

. . . and the English, who consider themselves a race of self-made men, thereby relieving the almighty of a terrible burden.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com