EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Do you, like me, also hate Oprah? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Do you, like me, also hate Oprah?
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She is the perfect example of the strong talented woman who struggled her way up to the top.

And I have extra compassion with African Americans for the obvious reasons.

And she does loads of charity and good deeds.

And she's a role model and the most powerful woman on Earth.

And I hardly ever miss her show..

BUT I JUST LOATH THE BITCH!!

Why is that actually?

Is she as popular on the Arab world?

What are your reasons for hating Oprah?

Here are some hints: [Big Grin]
http://www.theperfectworld.us/thread.php?id=1951

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jarvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oprah is ok, if your gay and like to cry alot...

personally thats not my cup of tea.

just be thankfull you haven't been subjected to dr. laura or barbra walters..they are equally gay..

Posts: 229 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally i don't watch TV much, except 'american idol' that reeeally makes me laugh!
Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jarvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the internet is 5 million times better than tv...

you can learn 5 million times more things..

Posts: 229 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont like Oprah how she gives away all those cars and stuff-I know its a kind thing to do, but when I see it I think...CRINGE...
Maybe because she never gave me one!! LOL.
her book club also annoys me, and actually I dont know why!

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah i hate her too, and never really understood why [Smile]
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
7ayat eh elyGannink beshak da...

( what's up with the new nickname..)

Taralaly ...khaless ...Kaless ...LLLLLLLOOOOLLLLLL ...YOU MADE ME LAUGH ....

--------------------
PEACE

Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oprah got kicked out of a Hermes boutique when she was on a trip to Paris. This could make you happy about it but the firm was badly dirtied from this scandal. They had to make public excuses.
If you guys don't know why you hate her why do you continue hating her?

AND FOR OUR ANTI GAY SQUAD JARVIS WHO THINKS YOU CAN RAPE UNSCARFED WOMEN: get yourself a new brain man, 'cause this one is not working well.
I'm sorry our beloved Tigerman didn't pointed it out. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shaken:

I'm sorry our beloved Tigerman didn't pointed it out. [Big Grin] [/QB]

Tigerman has said a lot but I went back and deleted it since I felt I was arguing with an idiot...and felt that I went down to his level by discussing his point ....rather than take him up to my level ...so I deleted it all ...

Tigerman ...is all man married with two kids...the handsome Jarvis assumed that all muslims are homosexual ....so here you have it ...

Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiveItUp
Member # 4811

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiveItUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why hate her? Such a strong dislike for a celebrity on t.v. ....

I think she takes her celebrity and popularism to a level unsurpased by any other and with class. She is very humane....She is trying to make a difference daily and shows the world what is going on in AFrica and other places, she did the best segment on the Hurricane etc. etc...hats off to her. I think she should be commended. What you want more smut shows of fictional, overdone cases of desperate marital problems..etc??

Posts: 395 | From: Whereever I go | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MisplacedinAlex:
Why hate her? Such a strong dislike for a celebrity on t.v. ....

I think she takes her celebrity and popularism to a level unsurpased by any other and with class. She is very humane....She is trying to make a difference daily and shows the world what is going on in AFrica and other places, she did the best segment on the Hurricane etc. etc...hats off to her. I think she should be commended. What you want more smut shows of fictional, overdone cases of desperate marital problems..etc??

That's exactly what's pissing me off..

She's doing all that and I still detest her!

It makes me very sad! [Frown]

Why does she get on my nerves so much then? Can someone please make a wild guess?!!

Any shrinks please?

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiveItUp
Member # 4811

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiveItUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it's hard to watch someone so succesful, and they are like so normal. It's like why not me? Having it all... I could do that too, it doesn't look so hard. She appears very down to earth and normal person also, not too glamorous, and she acts like your friends or typical woman with her weight problems, laughing and joking on about normal things, discuss her past sexual abuse, love of pets, fear of marriage etc. . It's like well if she could do this I could to..it's not fair..hence you don't like her.
Posts: 395 | From: Whereever I go | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MisplacedinAlex:
Maybe it's hard to watch someone so succesful, and they are like so normal. It's like why not me? Having it all... I could do that too, it doesn't look so hard. She appears very down to earth and normal person also, not too glamorous, and she acts like your friends or typical woman with her weight problems, laughing and joking on about normal things, discuss her past sexual abuse, love of pets, fear of marriage etc. . It's like well if she could do this I could to..it's not fair..hence you don't like her.

Nice try Miss Misplaced!!

But if you knew me personally, you would think Oprah should be jealous of ME [Cool]

I never in my life said "why not me". Ever. I actually am wondering very often "why me" being blessed with all I have.

She's not down to earth. She *pretends* to be, that's one of the reasons why I hate her. And her audience are so programmed to scream every time she farts just for the hope there's something under their seats that they could take home. Could this be more insulting?

In her previous life, she's been way too poor and abused to be the jolly person she's pretending to be.

Eureka!

She's a pretender..

That's why I hate her.

Thank you Misplaced!

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerman:
7ayat eh elyGannink beshak da...

( what's up with the new nickname..)

Taralaly ...khaless ...Kaless ...LLLLLLLOOOOLLLLLL ...YOU MADE ME LAUGH ....

heheh i'm glad i made you laugh ya basha
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted      Profile for Nooralhaq20055     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
She is the perfect example of the strong talented woman who struggled her way up to the top.

And I have extra compassion with African Americans for the obvious reasons.

And she does loads of charity and good deeds.

And she's a role model and the most powerful woman on Earth.

And I hardly ever miss her show..

BUT I JUST LOATH THE BITCH!!

Why is that actually?

Is she as popular on the Arab world?

What are your reasons for hating Oprah?

Here are some hints: [Big Grin]
http://www.theperfectworld.us/thread.php?id=1951

I am the same as you, I admire her charity work and how she spends her OWN money often to help others and is so generous and came from nothing, even surviving sexual abuse as a child, etc.
However she gets under my skin, must be a personality thing, however; I might too if I was one of the richest women in America. ~

Posts: 1074 | From: Menufia, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marcydale454
Member # 3979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marcydale454     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOVE OPRAH!! You can learn many things about life from all over the world on her show.She helps so many people emotionally financially and spiritually...She can open your eyes to things going on in countries that you would not believe...like the fistula hospitals for girls in Africa... You would have to go to her website to see the whole story about this disturbing subject. But she is setting up hospitals for them. What I would like to see on her show is a a story about Egypt and the Egyptian women. And things like that. Oprah is thumbs up to me! [Smile]
Posts: 40 | From: Riverhead,NY ,USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't really care about her one way or the other...

But I *do* like her better than some of her peers:

Maury Povich (who's the baby's father?)
Jerry Springer (incest is best kept in the family)

[Mad]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angie D
Member # 9929

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angie D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't hate Oprah, but sometimes I wonder if her humanitarian ways are really genuine, or if it's all just a facade.

--------------------
Angie

Posts: 30 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by AngelinaDylan:
I don't hate Oprah, but sometimes I wonder if her humanitarian ways are really genuine, or if it's all just a facade.

yes, that's exactly my gut feeling!

She's fake [Frown]

*tigerman*
Member # 9196

quote:
quote:

She's fake [Frown]

Let her fake it more and more and give to charity and humaniterian reasons more and more ... it does not hurt anyone ..it may help some ... I do not like or dislike her but I can not listen to her talk ... My wife has a subescription to her magazine ...I wish if I can cancell it ..but it is so cold in the dog's house ...
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Let her fake it more and more and give to charity and humaniterian reasons more and more ... it does not hurt anyone ..it may help some ...

You're absolutely right. I feel silly now [Embarrassed]

quote:
I can not listen to her talk ... My wife has a subescription to her magazine ...I wish if I can cancell it ..but it is so cold in the dog's house ...

[Big Grin]
Angie D
Member # 9929

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angie D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

She's fake [Frown]

Let her fake it more and more and give to charity and humaniterian reasons more and more ... it does not hurt anyone ..it may help some ... I do not like or dislike her but I can not listen to her talk ... My wife has a subescription to her magazine ...I wish if I can cancell it ..but it is so cold in the dog's house ...
Yeah, I suppose her "fakeness" isn't too bad if it helps those less fortunate.

I'm still wary of her, though.

Posts: 30 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Angie D:

W A R Y ?

How come?

Angie D
Member # 9929

Rate Member
Because I think she's fake. lol

But I should shut up. I don't know her personally, and she's made lots of less fortunate people happy.

Not to mention, she's got more money than I'll ever have.

--------------------
Angie

Angie D
Member # 9929

Rate Member

But I should shut up. I don't know her personally, and she's made lots of less fortunate people happy.

--------------------
Angie

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:

quote:

Would you like to talk about your double personality problem?

[Big Grin]

Angie D
Member # 9929

Rate Member
LOL! That's okay, I'll keep quiet about Oprah from now on. [Big Grin]
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Oprah, most of the time.

She appears socially conscious, does stuff nobody wants to stick out their nect to do and she has a following, as many do in a capitalistic society.

If I claim to follow a path in life, why hate someone who is following their own path in a pure and peaceful way? It is none of my business.

Why hate Oprah? Just do not watch her show.
In USA, even bad press is still press so Oprah wins!

Give praise to he who protects us.

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

W A R Y ?

How come?

Possibly because she markets herself to the white surburban middle aged woman?

Sheesh, she is black, but she doesn't even market herself to people of color.

Thats what irritates me about her. A beautiful successful black woman in a sea of white WASPy middle aged suburban women.

It totally puts people of color out of the mainstream, unless they cater to the "Great White FATASS Bitch".

Just me in my urban anger. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiveItUp
Member # 4811

Member Rated:
I differ, she often has black issues, guests famous and non who stating their particular plight on the show and she helps out Black African's more than her fellow waspy Americans it appears. One show recently was about Blacks experiencing prejudice since childhood etc.

REally she is the only one on t.v. I see doing anything of great good, to help out not those makeover type free plastic surgery shows, or game shows, or save yourself in the jungle eating rats for a million...so I'd rather observe her than that crap.
I did see the segment on Fistula problem on Somalia's young girls and it is unbelievable who would ever have known this situation existed if not for Oprah..........

KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeepinItReal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sister works with a cousin of Steadmans (Oprah's boyfriend) and he says she's a "dike" and a real "b***h" in person(These are his words). I personally don't have a problem with her, really I'm impartial. I do however enjoy her shows that are based on real issues and people. Her show is at least somewhat educational unlike many of the other garbage talk shows out there. She does put out some great stories that I agree with Misplaced that people would have known about if not for her(I know she has some help of course). Plus, I think her overcoming odds like poverty, sexual abuse and being an african american woman are inspirational to many people.
Posts: 1063 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cora
Member # 9878

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cora         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"…education is freedom" – is her motto. She challenges you to get out of your comfort zone and look at the issues that most of us pretend do not exist. She stimulates you to better the world or at least – to better yourself. Her book club presents books that are inspiring, challenging and often enlightening.
MyKingdom, the fact the "you loath the bitch" says nothing about her; but it says volumes about you – very sad volumes!

What are you afraid of when thinking about/watching Oprah? What makes you uncomfortable? Are you so stuck in your little box, that getting out of it is just too painful?
Are your values at odds with what she presents? What are your values, anyway? Is education, self - improvement, helping others, making this world a better place something beyond your capacity?
I hope that these questions will give you something to think about and find your own answer to your question: why you hate Oprah? Good luick.

Hi everyone. I am new here and thought to enter this forum taking part in this post.

Posts: 11 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cora:
"…education is freedom" – is her motto. She challenges you to get out of your comfort zone and look at the issues that most of us pretend do not exist. She stimulates you to better the world or at least – to better yourself. Her book club presents books that are inspiring, challenging and often enlightening.
MyKingdom, the fact the "you loath the bitch" says nothing about her; but it says volumes about you – very sad volumes!

What are you afraid of when thinking about/watching Oprah? What makes you uncomfortable? Are you so stuck in your little box, that getting out of it is just too painful?
Are your values at odds with what she presents? What are your values, anyway? Is education, self - improvement, helping others, making this world a better place something beyond your capacity?
I hope that these questions will give you something to think about and find your own answer to your question: why you hate Oprah? Good luick.

Hi everyone. I am new here and thought to enter this forum taking part in this post.

MK is a physician. I think her chosen profession says a lot about her views on education and helping others. [Wink]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why you people have a problem with Oprah? She is very popular, people love her, otherwise she wouldn't have that success. She is a role model for many. She is very smart on top of it.

If you have issues with her, if you even "hate" her - just switch the channel. It's that easy.

I smell jealousy here big time......

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Can't someone just get on your nerves huge without there being a jealousy issue?
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
Can't someone just get on your nerves huge without there being a jealousy issue?

Oh, please, don't ask..........! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
binhaden
Member # 9900

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for binhaden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Surely there must be a more concrete reason to hate someone (or something) than just preference. For example, I prefer Hip Hop and R & B over country music. I hate the Israeli occupation of Palestine for its brutality and injustice. I don't prefer Palestine was occupied by anyone else.

To hate Oprah, one must have a reason to do so. To assume the reason is jealousy is not unreasonable. Success, wealth and glamour are pretty good reasons to cause jealousy and envy. To prefer watching CSPAN over Oprah is just that, a preference. One might just be more interested in politics than, say, knitting.

Posts: 216 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
She challenges you to get out of your comfort zone and look at the issues that most of us pretend do not exist.

Moahahahahahahaha!

I get out of my comfort zone every day ya sett Cora.
Now it's HER turn to shut up talking about losing weight and lose some herself!

And ps: I "hate" this expression "getting out of your comfort zone" !! [Razz]

quote:
Her book club presents books that are inspiring, challenging and often enlightening.

Maybe that applies for some. But for me she creats a hype around certain books for better sales.

If you're friends with Oprah, your book will sell, not matter what crap there is in it.
Get it? It's all about the money and the connections.

She reminds me of the system I fled from.. [Eek!]

quote:

hehehe..

Mashi ya kotta.. Now go cry your heart out on me. [Razz]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cora:
What are you afraid of when thinking about/watching Oprah? What makes you uncomfortable?

Scroll up this page to find out why.

quote:
Are you so stuck in your little box, that getting out of it is just too painful?

What little box? I live in a semi-palace [Cool]

quote:
Are your values at odds with what she presents?

Read my first post and read between the lines for the answer. Thickko!

quote:
What are your values, anyway?

"You shalt not swear at someone called Cora, calling her by her name is enough swearing..."

(A joke only Egyptians should understand)

quote:
Is education, self - improvement, helping others, making this world a better place something beyond your capacity?

Yes [Roll Eyes]

quote:

Bad start. Now get lost [Big Grin]
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by binhaden:
To hate Oprah, one must have a reason to do so. To assume the reason is jealousy is not unreasonable. Success, wealth and glamour are pretty good reasons to cause jealousy and envy. To prefer watching CSPAN over Oprah is just that, a preference. One might just be more interested in politics than, say, knitting.

You're abviously not Egyptian, otherwise you would have known that we overuse the word and not really mean it. I mean what would I really really hate her for? I never met her and never will, and I have too many things on my mind to have any feelings for her.

She just gets on my nerves that's all!! Like many other things do.. Like the combination of men and football, or like watching Bush on TV, or like seeing an Egyptian man complaining about his wife to another woman.. That kind of getting on my nerves.. But with Oprah I wondered why because she really sounds like she wants to improve the world.. But I just don't buy it from her..

And I don't think she's glamorous at all. Ummm, Toni Braxton is glamorous, Salma Hayek is glamorous..

And I'm not jealous of her. I mean I have all the good things she has and more of the better things that she never had and never will.

And I never had any of the bad things she keeps reminding us with over and over and over again, like it's our fault or something!!

And I don't know what CSPAN is (and don't really care to find out)..

binhaden
Member # 9900

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for binhaden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ From where I stand, I'd say Oprah is the least of your issues. [Big Grin]
Posts: 216 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by binhaden:
^ From where I stand, I'd say Oprah is the least of your issues. [Big Grin]

Mashi.

In the other thread you keep calling people racists for fun..

So which of us has got issues [Big Grin] ?

Did you mistake the L in your name for an H? [Razz]

binhaden
Member # 9900

Rate Member
^ I'm not trying to be a prick. Like you, I find Oprah's show to be trivial. I've not seen it for over a decade. Once in a while, I'd read something about Oprah did this or that and I think it's nice. If I were worth a billion dollars, I'd probably do nice things to help people too. I just can't do a trivial, touchy-feely show for 20 years. As for her being fake, well, her target audience is middle class, suburban white women. The ones who could actually afford to buy the things her advertisers want to sell. That doesn't make her fake. It makes her business savvy. I know so little about the woman to even begin forming an opinion on her.

The H is right. Though it is a play on BinLaden. You know, we've been had with this rubbish war on terorrism. [Big Grin]

LiveItUp
Member # 4811

Member Rated:
Welcome Cora ...I think your posts have some valid points...don't you dare get lost!!

MK sure seems to have it all!

Business Savy=Oprah!! Yes! Well the exact point that she has survived popular for 20 years says it all. How can you even have enough issues to bring up??
I guess if she was a male, we'd hear how they overcame such odds to be successful or how wonderful they are! Woman in gen. should support ol Oprah. I think I'd like to do the same with all my money but there sure are too many who use it for their own selfish lifestyles. I do like Ms. Oprah...let's get her to send Nate to Egypt and give us woman some makeover flats.........whose going to write?? Some nice giveaways too.

Morgan
Member # 6662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morgan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jealousy jealousy jealous jealousy = woman [Mad]
Posts: 1223 | From: Home | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Misplaced - she might be able to stop in Egypt on one of her trips to South Africa. I saw her on Letterman not long ago, and she was a pitiful guest, after great amounts of hype about her coming to the show. She wouldn't joke with him and didn't let him get away with any friendly kidding around.
When he stopped trying joke with her a little she even insulted him by claiming to be "amazed" that he was asking her serious questions.
It was pretty revealing - I think she is a serious control freak. It has to be her idea, her generosity, her joke, her way, or its not worth her time. This may be what is annoying about her.
Or it could just be her jowls.
She is building a school for girls in South Africa, and she plans to find the best teachers to staff it. So she'll be hanging out in Africa a bit, good luck with your attempts to woo her.

Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cora
Member # 9878

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cora         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MyKingdom,
Thank you for dissecting my post. But it seems that you did not understand anything I wrote. You just REACTED with temper tantrums, patronizing epithets and out of place laughter?
Relax, it is not a battle, and you do not have to fight your way through. Exchanging opinions does not have to involve kicking and screaming.

In your next reply to binhaden you stated that [as Egyptians] "… we overuse the word and not really mean it."
Since TALKING is the result of THINKING, your statement might not be appreciated by your Egyptian folks [Smile] Take care.

Posts: 11 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm boringly impartial.... I quite like the 'real people with issues' stuff...
But I HATE the shows where she spends an hour sucking-up to other celebrities!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
MyKingdom,
Thank you for dissecting my post. But it seems that you did not understand anything I wrote. You just REACTED with temper tantrums, patronizing epithets and out of place laughter?
Relax, it is not a battle, and you do not have to fight your way through. Exchanging opinions does not have to involve kicking and screaming.

In your next reply to binhaden you stated that [as Egyptians] "… we overuse the word and not really mean it."
Since TALKING is the result of THINKING, your statement might not be appreciated by your Egyptian folks [Smile] Take care.

Neither did you understand anything of ALL my posts. Listen, this is not a UN forum. It's just one big joke.
I wasn't screaming, I was typing!
And my fellow Egyptian folks understand me very well, they don't need a "Cora" to explain to them how they should feel.
Besides, what are you? Why are you afraid of coming out of your little "hole" (quoting your dumb president [Big Grin] , and I'm sure your answer will be: "I didn"t vote for him".) I'm here discussing stuff from an Egyptian point of view. So..

Bugger off. Thank you.

Cora
Member # 9878

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Cora         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If this is one big joke then why are you taking it so seriously?
By the way, what president are you talking about? I am Polish [Smile] Do I sense some assumptions there?

...and a gentle suggestion: Try use your neocortex in place of your amygdala. These fear and anger issues will become much less threatening to your humanity.
[Big Grin]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
If this is one big joke then why are you taking it so seriously?

See? Another idiotic assumption! Who told you I'm taking this seriosly?

Hang around more often to know how Koshari is like.

[Cool]

quote:
By the way, what president are you talking about? I am Polish [Smile] Do I sense some assumptions there?

Look who's talking about assumptions!

No assumptions whatsoever. I was talking about Aleksander Kwasniewski [Razz]

quote:
...and a gentle suggestion: Try use your neocortex in place of your amygdala.

And you try some Imodium for your mental diarrhea.

quote:
These fear and anger issues will become much less threatening to your humanity.

He2he2..

Mashi ya 3abeeta!

Now don't you have any PolishSearch to practice your "razala" on them? Try www.ShoePolish.com

[Big Grin]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com