EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Ice Skating...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ice Skating...
Hunted_Porcelain
Member # 7361

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Hunted_Porcelain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone!

I'm an international student in the AUC. I'm studying in Cairo for the coming four years and I won't be able to travel back to my hometown unless I finish here. Despite of the fact that Egyptians are nice, having them as close friends is one of the most complicated tasks in the world! (I mean teens around my age). So I'm desperately bored, confused, and hopeless! What a cool way to start! [Embarrassed] However, since ice-skating is the only sport I enjoy, I was wondering about any helpful information that I might get from this forum about this sport (in Cairo). After a long search, I learned that they're only two rings (in the current time) here in Cairo: one in Maadi (Family land) but unfortunately pretty small and they used to give courses but not any more! The other is in some mall in Nasr City or in 6th of October and it's only for entertainment (the shoppers). I was wondering about a serious club to give courses since I'm not a professional skater or even a ring with someone who can give tutorial lessons or anything!! Anything!! Please!
I have to expect that not many ppl would reply since it's not a famous sport here in Egypt but anyway I really hope for any tips or info.
Thank you,,,

Posts: 116 | From: Cairo - Maadi | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hunted_Porcelain:
Hello everyone!

I'm an international student in the AUC. I'm studying in Cairo for the coming four years and I won't be able to travel back to my hometown unless I finish here. Despite of the fact that Egyptians are nice, having them as close friends is one of the most complicated tasks in the world! (I mean teens around my age). So I'm desperately bored, confused, and hopeless! What a cool way to start! [Embarrassed] However, since ice-skating is the only sport I enjoy, I was wondering about any helpful information that I might get from this forum about this sport (in Cairo). After a long search, I learned that they're only two rings (in the current time) here in Cairo: one in Maadi (Family land) but unfortunately pretty small and they used to give courses but not any more! The other is in some mall in Nasr City or in 6th of October and it's only for entertainment (the shoppers). I was wondering about a serious club to give courses since I'm not a professional skater or even a ring with someone who can give tutorial lessons or anything!! Anything!! Please!
I have to expect that not many ppl would reply since it's not a famous sport here in Egypt but anyway I really hope for any tips or info.
Thank you,,,

Hi,

I did take Figure Skating lessons for seven years.

No not professional, but still I manage.

I am shocked as hell that there is a rink in North Africa, let alone 2 in Cairo alone.

I thought the only rink in the Mid-East would be in Dubai.

But thanks for the information. Personally I'd just stick with the recreational skating. Its also very hard to find a reputable instructor in America, let alone a club.

Make the best of it.

Now that I know, I'd don my redding again and practice up to show off in Cairo!

Last time I fell that hard on my @ss it was doing blade work to "Kick Start My Heart" by Motley Crue.

Nothing like showing off! [Embarrassed]

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is an ice rink in Sharm if you fancy a visit.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:

Are you refering to me or Hunted_Porcelain?
Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hunted_Porcelain
Member # 7361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hunted_Porcelain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol! Both!
Thanx so much guys for helping!
It means a lot!
I still wonder why i do always putt a "G" instead of "K" in ice rink!

--------------------
Look 4 The Rainbow, in every Storm,
Find out for certain, Love is Gonna be There 4 You...
You'll Always be Someone's Baby...

Posts: 116 | From: Cairo - Maadi | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
focus683
Member # 4013

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for focus683     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey porcelain i just PMed you
Posts: 169 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:

Are you refering to me or Hunted_Porcelain?
LOL
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com