EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Going Home!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Going Home!!!
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Girls, guys, I'm done with Hurghada!!! I'm going home to London on 20th january to re-think my life!!!
How about a Londoners' ES meeting??
Might brighten a dreary winter day!!! [Smile]

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
Girls, guys, I'm done with Hurghada!!! I'm going home to London on 20th january to re-think my life!!!

Good luck with the rethink Samia. It's a great idea for a London meeting. Won't be in the UK until late Feb though.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Samia, are you really finished with Hurghada? And the scuba-diving too? Will you return back to Egypt at all?

Anyhow, have a safe journey back home, enjoy some fish & chips with lots of mayo [Wink] and try to figure out what you are going to do next.

Ah, girl, you are going to miss the warm weather, the sun, the blue water after two weeks pouring rain in England.

Hurghada is going to miss you....... [Frown]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
usually it's not changing the place of living that helps you to re think your life, it's more that you've got to re think your life in order to decide where you are going to go to live.
But anyway, i hope London will be inspiring (and i'm sure it will). Good luck to you.

Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
focus683
Member # 4013

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for focus683     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to see you go Samia. I go to hurghada every summer. would've been nice to see u on the next trip

anyway, good luck with your future plans.

Posts: 169 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shaken:
usually it's not changing the place of living that helps you to re think your life, it's more that you've got to re think your life in order to decide where you are going to go to live.
But anyway, i hope London will be inspiring (and i'm sure it will). Good luck to you.

There's nothing inspiring whatsover about London, Shaken... its just my home town ....a base to make my next move from!!!

Penny....keep in touch, we can fix a meet sometime, I'm sure!!

Tigerlily... I'm not sure if I'll be back or not...just totally fed-up with being taken advantage of by Egyptian bosses!! Will probably find somewhere else nice and sunny...will tolerate English weather just long enough to get some money together!

Focus.... thanks for the good wishes!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mooneal
Member # 8782

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mooneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, Samia, all the best! I feel there was too much of sth I don't know about, but there was...
Posts: 810 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
There's nothing inspiring whatsover about London

What on bloody earth? [Mad]

I get all my inspiration @ Oxford street [Big Grin]

quote:
..just totally fed-up with being taken advantage of by Egyptian bosses!! Will probably find somewhere else nice and sunny...

[Frown] [Frown]

You know I almost got raped by my boss in the very office of Save the Children/USA Luxor Field office?

The fat pig thought I will keep quiet so I could keep my job.

Oh no not I..
I will kick balls. [Big Grin]

------------------------------------------------

[Eek!]

And I read on the other thread

quote:
MK... when are you going to London??? lets have an ES London meeting, as the Hurghada ones seem to have expired!!!
I'll be there from 20th Jan!!

You would like to meet me?
What an honor. Yes of course.. I don't know when exactly I'm coming, so if you'd like to PM me with your contact info, I will give you a call inshaAllah.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Yes... would love to meet MK.... PM on the way! [Smile]
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by mooneal:
Oh, Samia, all the best! I feel there was too much of sth I don't know about, but there was...

You're right, Mooneal... at the moment, all the fight's gone out of me, so I retreat!!!
But.... a bout of good English winter will probably give me a reality check very soon.... I'll be up and fighting again!!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Mimmi
Member # 3606

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

All the best to you Samia.
Good Luck I hope life will treat you well.
Mimmi

Posts: 523 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Thank you very much Jannah and Mimmi!!! I will still continue to appear on ES!!!
At the moment I have no plans to stay in UK, come back here, go someplace else.... I'll just have to see what life holds for me!!!

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have read your posts for a long time Samia always with interest and pleasure. Good luck with your new life. You will be back on Egypt one day - it gets into the blood. LL
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Luxorlover:
I have read your posts for a long time Samia always with interest and pleasure. Good luck with your new life. You will be back on Egypt one day - it gets into the blood. LL

Miss you LouLou.....

Samia, you are our ES gem, wherever you live.. XOXOXOXOXOXO

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
quote:

I'm sure you're right, LL!!! I will probably be back... just not in Hurghada!!! Thanks for the good wishes!!! [Smile]
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss you too KM - meeting you in Cairo was a total pleasure. I trust that all is well in your life. I am still putting coins under Ramses shield. [Smile] [Smile]

I am sad that I never got to meet you Samia but I am sure that I will one day.

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
I'll be back to Egypt, LL.... just maybe not to Hurghada!!!
It's only Hurghada I'm pissed off with...not all Egypt!!

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
I know what you mean. At least once every day I get fed up with Luxor but when I am away from it, I miss it so badly. I suppose that it is now 'home'.

When you are away for a while you might think a little more kindly of Hurghada - (I have to admit though that I am not overly fond of Hurghada myself). [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] When are you leaving?

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'll be back to Egypt, LL.... just maybe not to Hurghada!!!
It's only Hurghada I'm pissed off with...not all Egypt!!

Hurghada is such a sh8 hole Samia..

Why don't you invade Marsa Alam? The future is for Marsa Alam now.

Go and enjoy it before the loverboys arrive and spoil the whole thing.

Go http://www.crusadertravel.com/red_sea/marsa_alam.html

My God look at the sky colour!
http://www.crusadertravel.com/red_sea/images/shamsalamresort.jpg

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Yep.... LL and MK.. you're both right....there are much nicer places in Egypt than Hurghada!!!
Even the beautiful Hurghada Red Sea divesites are being f**ked up by tourism and greed!!!
If I decide to dive again, Marsa Alam or Dahab are strong possibilities...
Or, if I don't dive, Alex or Port Said.. might even have a look at Luxor from a non-tourist point!! I'm having a good long think when I'm back in London!!
LL.... I go on the 20th.

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
I wish you a safe journey Samia. I have no doubt that you will sort things out in your mind soon enough . [Smile] [Smile]
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I wish you a safe journey Samia. I have no doubt that you will sort things out in your mind soon enough . [Smile] [Smile]

It is good to look at life as a series of Chapters. As one closes you start writing another one. So exciting, you never know what is about to happen but at least life never gets boring.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerry
Member # 6310

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And if u arrive in europe and pass by in germany, give me a hallo [Big Grin] and pass by

so u got a whole bunch of people around u [Smile]

lovely greets from icy-germany!!!

--------------------
~InsHallAh~

Posts: 147 | From: Mainz,Germany/ Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Thanks so much for your good wishes, girls!!! I'll still be visiting ES just as often, so I'll still be around!!
PENNY.... you're so right!!! At least I've got options..... not sure what they are yet... but the only certain thing is... I will not be working for Egyptians again!!! [Smile]

Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nooralhaq20055     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I'm sorry to hear you've leaving Samia, I wish you luck back in London, please be careful! [Smile]
Posts: 1074 | From: Menufia, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Samia ! GOOD LUCK IN WHATEVER YOU DO ... [Smile]

--------------------
PEACE

Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'll still be visiting ES just as often, so I'll still be around!!

You'd better, girl! Now at first take a break at home and hopefully we will see you back somewhere in Egypt - or at least on ES.

Good luck to you again and all the best for the future. [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:
I'll still be visiting ES just as often, so I'll still be around!!

You'd better, girl! Now at first take a break at home and hopefully we will see you back somewhere in Egypt - or at least on ES.

Good luck to you again and all the best for the future. [Smile]

Thanks for your good wishes, Tiger, my friend.... I don't think I can keep away from Egypt, just need a break.... good old English weather will soon make my decision for me, I think!!!
I'm sure I'll meet my Hurghada friends again anyway!!
And... I definitely won't keep away from ES!!!! [Smile]

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Thats it..... left my job now..... I'm taking 4 days in Hurghada just to chill, then I'm flying out on the 20th!!! Any Hurghada girlies want to meet in the next 4 days?? I'M FREE!!!!! [Smile]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Please link up with Paula before your departure. If you don't have her number let me know.

If I'd be you I definitely wouldn't leave right now because weather is really bad here. It started snowing this morning a little and it is freezing cold. It's a very strong winter, last year it was way more mild. I am in such a bad mood, I haven't seen any sun in days..... [Frown]

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a safe trip, Samia. [Smile]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hambaka
Member # 10021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hambaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh samia i will lose some of my luck when you leave

--------------------
hambaka

Posts: 35 | From: maadi | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Dear Samia, so this should be your last hours in Hurghada or you might be already on the way to Sharm?

Anyway, I am thinking of you and hopefully we hear from you very soon again. And whatever your decision is - DON'T YOU DARE TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS BOARD! [Wink]

All the b-e-s-t! Take good care of yourself. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Dear Samia, so this should be your last hours in Hurghada or you might be already on the way to Sharm?

Anyway, I am thinking of you and hopefully we hear from you very soon again. And whatever your decision is - DON'T YOU DARE TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS BOARD! [Wink]

All the b-e-s-t! Take good care of yourself. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Hi Tiger..... am still here...actually fly out tomorrow at 6pm, via Hurghada... don't have to do the Sharm or Cairo thing any more... we've now got scheduled flights from Hurghada... cutting out a lot of time and hassle.... will arrive in London about 11.30 pm Egypt time!!
I'll hijack my daughter's laptop as often as I can.... nothing will keep me away from my friends at ES!!!
I've paid the rent on my apartment to the end of April.... this'll give me some thinking time!!!
Thanks again to my friends for all your good wishes.... will keep you in touch with my boring life.... after I've had a reality check of English winter!!!!

Enigma
Member # 9314

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Enigma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to wish you a safe flight tomorrow and wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide to do [Smile]

It may be wise to have a jumper or coat for your arrival in the UK. I know it's cooler in Hurghada this time of year, but i really felt the difference last week. It's not freezing in the UK but you'll notice it!!

Take care Samia.

Salam

Posts: 127 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Thanks for your good wishes Enigma..... got my winter woolies all ready!!!! [Smile]
SO-WHAT
Member # 9748

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SO-WHAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Thanks for your good wishes Enigma..... got my winter woolies all ready!!!! [Smile]

You'll need more than your winter woolies. It freezing here.
Posts: 18 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well samia i really wish you the best. and there are many other muslim countries that are nice to live in like the gulf, tunisia, morroco, or maybe even bosnia!
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Yes...... again I'm considering this , 7ayat... it needs to be somewhere where I can work.... diving is my work, so I'm a bit limited!!! Will really consider somewhere like Dubai..... I'll chill and think!!!
In the meantime, enjoy Sydney..... once you get over the homesickness you'll realise what a great place you're in.... wish I could join you there!!!

TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7ayat- magnouna khales taralaly:
other muslim countries that are nice to live in like ... or maybe even bosnia!

thanks to Alija Izetbegovic [Wink]
Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
I'm back in England now.....not really sure of what I'm doing here.... but it's been a nice sunny day!!!
But.... it's nice to see some decent tv!!!!!

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Hi Samia, welcome back to Europe! [Smile] Haven't you been to the Thames today watching the whale get lifted away? It is all over the news ......
Merima
Member # 9658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Merima     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Samia, what is it like to be back in England? Try to enjoy London. Itīs such a great city. I wish I would live there. I loved it when I was there last year.

Wishing you all the best :-)

Posts: 173 | From: Germany | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm back in England now.....not really sure of what I'm doing here.... but it's been a nice sunny day!!!
But.... it's nice to see some decent tv!!!!!

Samia.... Good luck with your new set up in England ...Hope all works for you ....
Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
No Tigerlily....I didnt go... was depressing enough watching the poor creature dying on tv....see enough dying marine life in Hurghada!!!

MERIMA....Living in London is like living in Hurghada... nice to visit, but a different ball game to be there permanently!

JANNAH and TIGERMAN.... thanks for your good wishes!!! [Smile]

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Samia - the west coast of Thailand has sun sea and sand and even better diving than in the Red Sea. No hassle either.
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Samia - the west coast of Thailand has sun sea and sand and even better diving than in the Red Sea. No hassle either.

[Big Grin]
Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com