EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » sheesha/hasheesh

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sheesha/hasheesh
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for FairyDust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, this may be a stupid question, but I am confused are sheesha and hasheesh the same thing (tobacco) or is one marijuana? What is the Egyptian word for marijuana? No I am not looking to buy any, I am just tired of being confused in conversations. Thanks. [Confused]
Posts: 333 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
shisha is sweetened tobacco.

hashish is related to marijuana.

it's not a stupid question. When my husband first told me about shisha, I figured half of Egypt was all toked! [Razz]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FairyDust:
Ok, this may be a stupid question, but I am confused are sheesha and hasheesh the same thing (tobacco) or is one marijuana? What is the Egyptian word for marijuana? No I am not looking to buy any, I am just tired of being confused in conversations. Thanks. [Confused]

*Shisha* is the word for a waterpipe and it has nothing to do with drugs.

*Hasheesh* is simply the Arabic word for grass although it is also used for describing hashish, the drug.

The word mostly used for marijuana is *bango*.

Hope that helps. [Cool]

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FairyDust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so is hasheesh or bango legal or illegal in Egypt, because I thought someone once told me it was illegal, but I have heard some friends talk about smoking it openly in Egypt, so what's the deal? Thanks for all of your replies thus far.
Posts: 333 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's illegal!
Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoDooR
Member # 10035

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoDooR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hashish is definitely one of the illegal things in egypt that is being done openly... along with a good bunch of a whole load of other things! [Frown]
Posts: 36 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pandora
Member # 10146

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pandora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it is illegal..and it is some of the worst marijuana in the world..it is all stems, leaves and seeds..no buds..usually smoked by rolling with tobacco and using the cigarette filter as a crutch to diminish the harshness of the smoke..

--------------------
life life long, for it is short...pandora

Posts: 98 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is what we call something like "Suburban crap mary-j" [Big Grin]

Need to have a taste of the Real Thing, just gimmie a call, it would be my gang's pleasure to give ya a tour in our lil pink elephants world [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Speaking of hashish, oh I have no words to describe that Heaven [Frown]

By the way, I am no drug stud, but once in a while is a bless [Wink]

Though, I wonder how you could know all that during your one week tour amongst luxor kids [Eek!]

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pandora
Member # 10146

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pandora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's not hard to ask around..i like people...and i don't live in the suburbs..i live in humboldt county..northern california..ever heard of it...

--------------------

Posts: 98 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pandora:
it's not hard to ask around..i like people...and i don't live in the suburbs..i live in humboldt county..northern california..ever heard of it...

Yea I heard of it ! [Big Grin]

And you got all those details just by Asking Around ? [Eek!] Come on ! [Wink] [Big Grin]

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pandora
Member # 10146

Member Rated:
then you see why i can compare..if you know it's reputation..it's tru..it may be the world's best!

--------------------

Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Corvinous:
This is what we call something like "Suburban crap mary-j" [Big Grin]

Need to have a taste of the Real Thing, just gimmie a call, it would be my gang's pleasure to give ya a tour in our lil pink elephants world [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Speaking of hashish, oh I have no words to describe that Heaven [Frown]

By the way, I am no drug stud, but once in a while is a bless [Wink]

Though, I wonder how you could know all that during your one week tour amongst luxor kids [Eek!]

HEAVEN?
shame on you...

Posts: 968 | From: www | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pandora
Member # 10146

Member Rated:
but if you do it makes vacation that much more enjoyable

--------------------

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pandora:
but if you do it makes vacation that much more enjoyable

Ditto [Big Grin]
pandora
Member # 10146

Member Rated:
i agree with not putting substances in your body while breatfeeding...having breatfed three awesome kids of my own...but indulging in a relaxing bit of bango with a beautiful sunset on the nile hanging out with new friends and laughing...awesome..

--------------------

pandora
Member # 10146

Member Rated:
actually i did learn about it on my first trip which i just returned from..while in minya i smelled it burning and knew it wasn't tobacco..i laughed and asked about it..the locals thought it was fun to explain and share with the foreign lady..once i knew what it was called i mentioned in in luxor and there you have the sunset...maybe it was just me..i do like people a lot and find it easy to communicate with them..it only takes a simple smile to make a friend...

--------------------

pandora
Member # 10146

Member Rated:
it was the luck of the draw, i suppose..divine intervention..jah rastafari type stuff .very few are fluent in minya..very broken english and i speak no arabic worth mentioning...just the luck of the draw...i even found bob marley in egypt...go figure..universal love...crazy

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com