EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Dentist

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dentist
Sohyla
Member # 8287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sohyla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anyone from Egypt tells you they know a good dentist in Egypt run the other way!
Posts: 516 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Minry, what happened?
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sohyla
Member # 8287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sohyla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a pain so i guessed I had a cavity. A parent at my school (who is an Egyptian who lived 15 years in the USA) told me a "great" dentist and a coworker of mine told me about the same guy. I went and the dentist was older than dirt. He saw a cavity and asked if I wanted a pain medication or not! Then when he started drilling he didn't give me enough pain medication and had to give me another shot in the middle of drilling. He didn't wait long enough the second time for the meds to take effect! This was last week. Now I am having pain again but I am afraid to tell my husband because I don't want to go to any dentist here.
Posts: 516 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have an interesting dentist in Hurghada - keeps cockroaches in his sink!! [Eek!]
Posts: 588 | From: an oasis near the pyramids | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sohyla
Member # 8287

Member Rated:
mmmmmmmm maybe I'll go to him next time
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't bother - husband in agony for a week, after having a wisdom tooth extracted, he won't even walk past the building now.
Posts: 588 | From: an oasis near the pyramids | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if anyone tells u they know a good doctor in egypt, run the other way ...
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sohyla
Member # 8287

Member Rated:
Yeah, did I tell you I had to have my appendix taken out 2 days after I was married here in Egypt??????????
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by minry80:
Yeah, did I tell you I had to have my appendix taken out 2 days after I was married here in Egypt??????????

yeah ... some doctor was short on cash.
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cluelessincairo
Member # 6692

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cluelessincairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ewwwww Samakwish that is disgusting ! Cockroaches in the sink ? Yuck ! I feel so bad for your husband. I had two wisdom teeth taken out a few weeks ago and I was scared to death that it would hurt and also the pain afterwards. I didn't feel a thing and afterwards my dentist gave me pain killers and a post surgery list of things to do. I have found the best dentist ever I think as I was expecting loads of pain after having the wisdom teeth taken out but I was fine, didn't even have to take the pain medication.

Minry I know what you mean about other people telling you they know a good dentist. I was in pain for over one year. I tried two dentists who were highly recommended and they were terrible and wanted way too much money. They even left me in more pain after they were supposed to fix me up.

I am happy to say that I have found the best dentist in the world. I have a mouth full of big problems that were causing me big PAIN. After the first two terrible dentists I really didn't want to try another one but the pain just was too bad.

I can't believe how lucky I am to have found this new dentist. I have been to him 6 times now [I have a lot of work to be done] and I have not felt any pain. He makes sure that he uses enough anasthetic to numb any pain. I had to have two wisdom teeth pulled out and I didn't feel a thing. He is very patient and understanding, even with big babies like me !

I hate going to the dentist and definitely would never recommend anybody who was not fantastic and this dentist is wonderful.

His name is Dr Ali Sarwat El Kady. He has practised in USA and belongs to the American National Dental Board. His address is: 75 Mohey El Deen Abou El Ez Street Mohandaseen [right next door to CookDoor]. His receptionist only speaks Arabic- 7602430/7496535. If you only speak English, please call Dr Ali direct on: 0122 372 355 or SMS him and he will call you back to arrange an appointment.

Posts: 7 | From: Cairo/Egypt | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I must be super lucky then, as I have both the best dentist...I fall asleep in her chair because I am so relaxed (and I am usually really tense in the dentists) and the surgery is among the cleanest I have ever been in; and I have the most empathetic patient generous-hearted doctor you could wish for! And they both offer excellent services.

So don't give up...keep looking minry80, there are some real gems out there! [Big Grin]

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto Samakwish
Hammer House of Horror!!!!!
Dr Frankenstein in Hurghada scared the hell out of me too !!
Cockroaches and they even had cockroaches on them!!, a real live Igor assistant!!!, equipment which was surely on loan from a museum, I swear I expected him to put a schimmelbush mask over my sons mouth and drop ether onto it!!
After negotiating a price of 110 sterling for a filling I ran for my life dragging my son behind me!! DO NOT GO NEAR HIM!! You will die in the chair!!
He is above Mc Donalds in the main street in Sakkalla.....................Cannot remember and dont wish to remember his name but bears a striking resemblance to Baron Von ...............
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatshepsut
Member # 4664

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatshepsut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tootofrooti, i guess you went to the horrible guy in sekalla than - ayman nasser.... D:

there are two really good ones in hurghada, if anybody needs one....

sorry to hear that you got a bad one minry

Posts: 127 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
hatshepsut - in case I ever HAVE to go to the dentist here - can you tell me about the good dentists in Hurghada?
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Minry, I went to an excellent dentist in Cairo-Maadi years ago, he was recommended by the US Embassy. Very friendly and educated guy, he studied back in the States. He told me how IMPORTANT it was to floss the teeth everyday. Thank you, doc! [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
I guess I must be super lucky then, as I have both the best dentist...I fall asleep in her chair because I am so relaxed (and I am usually really tense in the dentists) and the surgery is among the cleanest I have ever been in; and I have the most empathetic patient generous-hearted doctor you could wish for! And they both offer excellent services.

Me too! I have a very good dentist (with an extremely clean clinic!) as well as a very good GP in Cairo.
Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com