EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » LIVING IN EGYPT 2

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LIVING IN EGYPT 2
BLUESKY2
Member # 10166

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for BLUESKY2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I AM WHITE WOMAN 35 YEARS OLD BUT VERY PRETTY, MY HUSBAND IS EGYPTIAN AND 10 YEARS YOUNGER THAN ME, WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED ABOUT 4 YEARS. HE WANTS TO BUY A PLACE IN EGYPT AND A PLACE HERE AND WE HAVE SAVED ENOUGH MONEY FOR ONE HOME OR GOOD DOWN PAYMENT IN AMERICA , BUT I HEAR THAT A WOMAN CANNOT OWN THE LAND IN EGYPT AND I DO NOT WANT TO GO TO EGYPT , I AM AFRAID OF THERE VIEWS OF WOMEN. MY HUSBAND IS VERY NICE , BUT HE CAN BE VERY BOSSY AND CONTROLLING. AMERICAN MEN ARE MORE INDEPENDANT. MY HUSBAND CANNOT EVEN GET A GLASS OF WATER WITHOUT ME TO BRING IT TO HIM. LATELY MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN OUT LATE ALOT EXSPECIALLY ON THE WEEKENDS AND I DO NOT KNOW WHERE AND ALOT OF TIMES I CALL AND HE TAKES HOURS TO GET BACK TO ME. I AM VERY HAPPY IN MY MARRIAGE , BUT I AM ALSO A CAUTIOUS PERSON AND I READ THINGS ON HEAR THAT MAKE ME QUESTION EGYPTIAN MEN AND EGYPTIAN LAND

Posts: 23 | From: OREGON | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
u read things on "here", not on hear.

anyway, your boy toy is cheating on u. as soon as he gets the green card, he'll give your marriage the eject button. ditch the bastard before u r in deeper.

and on a final note, this totally has nothing to with "egyptian men" and "egyptian land" ... this has to do with you pretending that by marrying someone who is younger (21 when you got married), less established, and from a different culture than u, u can still live happily ever after. reality check required ...

Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khadija_Diagne
Member # 10149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Khadija_Diagne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BLUESKY2:
I AM WHITE WOMAN 35 YEARS OLD BUT VERY PRETTY, MY HUSBAND IS EGYPTIAN AND 10 YEARS YOUNGER THAN ME,

You are Christian, right? What vain statement, anyway.Looks as if you are about 4 year after the fact to take the time to learn about egyption culuture. Looks like you were so quite to deney the inevitable, your getting old. Read the forums, get grip and like Masrawi said, reality check. I dont mean to attack, but the way you posted this sounds like you need a good swift kick in the [Eek!] Slap yourself in the face, and accept reality. I mean you jump off onto the forum, with generalzations, sterotypes, and misconception. Sorry Charlie, you have to come off better than that, especially if you sincerly want some help. You said you are happy? Really. You obvious did not know enough about yourself, let alone a man from the otherside of the ocean. Now you want to do your research analysis, long after the project study is over.How much effort did you, put into getting to know your husband? What did he do to show his sincerity? I know A lot of questions, but you have to go deep, if you want resoultion on this forum
Posts: 478 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khadija_Diagne
Member # 10149

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Khadija_Diagne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by _Masrawi_:
u read things on "here", not on hear.

Ok Ok, teacher we are not in school, It is obvious she is pissed off. Lets not attack grammatical errors, and word usage mishaps. Let the lady blow off some steam. I mean she is going to have a lot more to worry about when she wakes up from this dreamland that she is in.
Posts: 478 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BLUESKY2
Member # 10166

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for BLUESKY2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I TALKED ABOUT MY SELF , WELL ABOUT HIM , HE IS A VERY GOOD LOOKING MAN, AND I SEE FOR MY SELF GIRLS AT THE BANK AND IN THE STREETS OR STORES ARE FLIRTING AND STARING AT HIM , IN FRONT OF ME, SO HE OBVIOUSLY DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM GETTING A GIRL TO MARRY HIM , PLUS HE HAS HIS GREEN CARD 2 YEARS AGO , PLUS I KNOW HIS FAMILY AND I TALK TO HIS FATHER AND MOTHER , HE CHANGE ME A LOT FOR GOOD!! I WAS SINGLE MOM , CRYING MY HEAD HEAD OFF EVERY NIGHT , WEARING POOR CLOTHING , BUT HE GOT ME NEW CLOTH FASHIONED , I LOOK A LOT DIFFERENT , MY DAUGHTER BEFORE SHE WAS EMBARRASSED TOP BE SEEN WITH ME IN PUBLIC SHE CALL ME
IM SO BEHIND AND I WEAR DORKY CLOTH , NOW BECAUSE OF HIM , I HAVE WAY STRONGER RELATIONSHIP WITH MY DAUGHTER , AND I HAVE MORE MONEY ALSO NOW , BUT THIS GOING OUT THING STARTS WHEN GE GOT A NEW JOB , AND THE OWNER IS FRIEND OF HIS , SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK ,
SO IF HE IS NOT USING ME WHY IS HE STILL WITH ME ?
1 : HE IS VERY GOOD LOOKING , YOUNG , AND SMART AND KNOW HOW TO SPEAK ENGLISH VERY WELL
2 : HE AL READY HAS HIS GREEN CARD 2 YEARS AGO
3 : HE CHANGE MY LIFE TO BE WAY BETTER
4 : HE IS A COMPUTER WIZ TOO ,
5 : MY DAUGHTER LOVES HIM SO MUCH AND THINKS HE IS THE COOLEST THING HIT EARTH.

SOO ??

Posts: 23 | From: OREGON | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BLUESKY2
Member # 10166

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLUESKY2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ALSO WHEN WE MET 4 YEARS AGO I WAS WINNING THE STATE GAMES OF OREGON ICE SKATING , I THINK THAT IS WHY HE FELL IN LOVE WITH ME BECAUSE I HAD A FAN CLUB AND HE WAS VERY INTRIGED WITH MY LIFE AND MY PAST DESPAIR , FOR 8 YEARS I RAISE MY DAUGHTER ALONE AND CRY ALOT. BUT NOW I DO NOT CRY ANYMORE, AND I AM MOVING AHEAD IN MY LIFE , I AM VERY EDUCATED NOW, I HAVE GOT AN EDUCATION SINCE I HAVE BEEN MARRIED TO HIM , AND I MAKE ALOT MORE MONEY NOW THEN I DID BEFORE I MET HIM. NOW YOU KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT MY LIFE , I HOPE THIS WILL HELP YOU ALLL TO DETERMINE THIS SITUATION
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bluesky2, you need to communicate with your husband not ask for advise on this forum. Only you know your husband. So ask him straight what he's up to. Seriously it has nothing to do with the nationality if he indeed would cheat on you. It's normal and healthy that everyone who is involved in a relationship has some time to himself/herself away from the partner. But he should be able to say what are his plans and around what time he will be back. I am very happy for you that this man has lifted you up, that you found a new person inside yourself. Don't read too much into his behaviour, there could be a simple answer behind it. I hope for the best for the both of you and also your daughter and - talk to him, please. [Wink]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, you must be good at ice skating. Katarina Witt is from my country (you must know her).
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BLUESKY2
Member # 10166

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLUESKY2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I DO NOT KNOW KATRINA WITT PERSONALLY, BUT I HAVE MET AND SKATED WITH FAMOUS SKATERS , ME AND TONYA HARDING HAD THE SAME COACH AND WOULD WORK OUT TOGETHER ALOT , I WAS FRIENDS WITH HER DURING MY SKATING LIFE, I DO NOT SKATE ANYMORE MUCH AT ALL ME AND MY HUSBAND ARE TO BUSY WORKING TO BUY A HOME AND I AM REALLY INTERESTED IN MY NEW CAREER
mooneal
Member # 8782

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mooneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's very interesting, really. It reminds me sth. So far as I was perceived as a successful woman in way of his thinking - everything was all right.
Later - when he saw in me a human being, when I wasn't a star only- all collapsed. It was a paradox for me. I couldn't believe. Perhaps because my father built a house for us and my parents provided me the first study.It was long time ago but still........
Anyway, the tendency to find a star is significant.

Posts: 810 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey people, it is Sonomod [Big Grin]

Got ya Sono [Big Grin]

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Khadija_Diagne:
quote:
I AM WHITE WOMAN 35 YEARS OLD BUT VERY PRETTY, MY HUSBAND IS EGYPTIAN AND 10 YEARS YOUNGER THAN ME,

You are Christian, right? What vain statement, anyway.
Holy crap, go back and read this forum, I can garuntee for every two western christian sugar mamas there are one western revert.

Get a grip!

Quran 3:110 must have been the first verse you uttered after taking your shaddah!

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I DO NOT KNOW KATRINA WITT PERSONALLY, BUT I HAVE MET AND SKATED WITH FAMOUS SKATERS , ME AND TONYA HARDING HAD THE SAME COACH AND WOULD WORK OUT TOGETHER ALOT , I WAS FRIENDS WITH HER DURING MY SKATING LIFE, I DO NOT SKATE ANYMORE MUCH AT ALL ME AND MY HUSBAND ARE TO BUSY WORKING TO BUY A HOME AND I AM REALLY INTERESTED IN MY NEW CAREER

Tonya Harding's charma might've brushed off on you.
Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come on Sono, stop these games [Big Grin]

--------------------
No papa! No mama! No whisky soda!

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Corvinous:

No I think she might be a immigrant herself.

Eastern block english usage. Besides on either coast there are alot of skater-star wanna-bes. Most of this lot are from the eastern block.

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
quote:
Originally posted by Corvinous:

No I think she might be a immigrant herself.

Eastern block english usage. Besides on either coast there are alot of skater-star wanna-bes. Most of this lot are from the eastern block.

I belong now to your BLOCKing list [Frown]

Take me outta there and I promise to be good boy [Big Grin]

nilah
Member # 10112

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted      Profile for nilah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First--Don't let ANY man be the reason why you breathe or live!! (Because most likely you will consider yourself nothing without them---and that is DANGEROUS)

Second--Do not make Egypt an option for buying a home!! (If you are already having problems there, then imagine having those same problems miles away from home) As a female, you have to always have a B-plan just in case someone lets you down or tries to leave you stranded.

Thirdly--God gave women a 7th sense!!(Women's Intuition) Sit down and listen to your inner voice. You will find that your inner urgings are rarely wrong when it comes to knowing that something is not right about a situation.

It seems that everyone is quick to jump all over you and tell you how unintelligent you are about your choices but I am sure a lot of people are guilty of thinking with only their heart and it seems to get a lot of women in trouble. However, we live and we learn. And something we need to learn as women is to set standards for ourselves and how we deserve to be treated and stop letting people treats just anyway. We need to draw lines between what we will accept and what we will not accept. And in that reguard we limit our heartaches.

Posts: 13 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

quote:
Originally posted by nilah:
First--Don't let ANY man be the reason why you breathe or live!! (Because most likely you will consider yourself nothing without them---and that is DANGEROUS)

Second--Do not make Egypt an option for buying a home!! (If you are already having problems there, then imagine having those same problems miles away from home) As a female, you have to always have a B-plan just in case someone lets you down or tries to leave you stranded.

Thirdly--God gave women a 7th sense!!(Women's Intuition) Sit down and listen to your inner voice. You will find that your inner urgings are rarely wrong when it comes to knowing that something is not right about a situation.

It seems that everyone is quick to jump all over you and tell you how unintelligent you are about your choices but I am sure a lot of people are guilty of thinking with only their heart and it seems to get a lot of women in trouble. However, we live and we learn. And something we need to learn as women is to set standards for ourselves and how we deserve to be treated and stop letting people treats just anyway. We need to draw lines between what we will accept and what we will not accept. And in that reguard we limit our heartaches.

yadi el "nilah" [Big Grin]
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do I not believe a word of this post?????
Maybe you can tell me why, Corv???? [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khadija_Diagne
Member # 10149

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Khadija_Diagne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Holy crap, go back and read this forum, I can garuntee for every two western christian sugar mamas there are one western revert.

Get a grip!

Quran 3:110 must have been the first verse you uttered after taking your shaddah!

Quran 3:110: You are the best of Peoples, evolved for mankind, enjoying what us right, forbidding what is wrong, and beleiving in Allah. If only the people of the bood had faith it were best for them: among them are some who have faith, but most of them are preverted transgressors

What is your point [Confused] Explain why you made refernce to my post.
I asked was she chrisitan because of all the drama in the marraige. She obviously knew nothing about her husband's culture. I said she was vain because she referenced her own beauty, as if that is her only attribute. Beauty is a valued statment, a normaltive analysis is what we have here. "Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder." What can be the weighted mean in this analysis, if she is the beholder of the eye of her on beauty??----vanity.

BLUESKY2
Member # 10166

Rate Member
ok you guys are all to much , i am not always goodwith words at all. and i di not go into enough detail , i am not a vanity person at all , in fact farfrom it , i just sometimes have a problem with being called someones sugar moma or whatever u all say i am , i am 10 years olderthan my husband and i was just trying to understand why my husband might want a woman 10 years older than himself , and now i know why i think some of u people are much younger than me and imature, u are all racking me over the coals , at laest i am married and in good standing with god , i said i was pretty because ofwhat others people have say about me , i just came up with this conclusion over time, i have had a million marriage proposals in my life time and i am a champion ice skater or was and you all make fun ofthat too and say i am a star wanna bee, oh bullshit, it is just a fact about me , you can alll throw stones at me alll uu want, i married a younger man because he feel mad in love with my skating ect , get over it , olderwoman can offer things in this life here on earth too , not just u young bitches. stop bashing rocks at me , i came to this site for help and i just try to descibe my appearance and my situation, i am also very educated and love to read and this is most valued on earth , your knowledge and that comes with age i am tired of all your rude comments most of u say it is all bullshit and u knowit
Corvinous
Member # 6578

quote:
Originally posted by Tigerman:
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
Why do I not believe a word of this post?????
Maybe you can tell me why, Corv???? [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

What are you saying [Wink]
Which post "dear" samia ? [Roll Eyes]

Maybe you are one of those dumb heads who really thought I was Tereska and now I am that thing too, get a life my dear old thing [Wink]

Khadija_Diagne
Member # 10149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Khadija_Diagne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BLUE SKY2
Did you get my PM??

Corvinous
Member # 6578

quote:
BLUE SKY2
Did you get my PM??

Yes, HAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

(JOKEEEEEEEEE)

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Get a grip!

Quran 3:110: You are the best of Peoples, evolved for mankind, enjoying what us right, forbidding what is wrong, and beleiving in Allah. If only the people of the bood had faith it were best for them: among them are some who have faith, but most of them are preverted transgressors

What is your point [Confused] Explain why you made refernce to my post.
I asked was she chrisitan because of all the drama in the marraige. She obviously knew nothing about her husband's culture. I said she was vain because she referenced her own beauty, as if that is her only attribute. Beauty is a valued statment, a normaltive analysis is what we have here. "Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder." What can be the weighted mean in this analysis, if she is the beholder of the eye of her on beauty??----vanity.

Yes, looks do matter, and it starts in kindergarten already. When my boys attended kindergarten I always noticed that the cutest kids got the most attention.
And don't we all suppose that the most attractive people who have that certain something must automatically be the nicest people? I noticed that when I worked as a fashion model during my university studies - sometimes it frightened me how people tried to catch my attention because they thought I might be who knows what. That was 20 years ago and I am 44 now, but earlier this year it happened that when I checked in for Dubai at the Frankfurt Airport the check-in agent (female) looked at me and said "With your looks I will put you in business class!" Of course I was happy I got an upgrade for free, but at the same time I didn't feel good about it, especially when I looked into the disbelieving faces behind me.

But even if I wear the black abaya and a head scarf here in Dubai I always get privileges in shops. I don't know what it is that makes people treat me like someone special because when I look in the mirror I just see the same old me. My friends think it's that positive energy that I have about me.

I do believe that beauty always lies in the eyes of the beholder - I myself find people beautiful that others find ugly. For example, Maria Callas has always been the most beautiful women for me - others think she was most unattractive because of her big nose.

and to balance out what shareefa had to say:

Of course looks do matter to Egyptian men ... like to any other men in the world.

To my husband my looks do matter - he fell in love with me before I opened my mouth, so I guess my personality came second, even if he keeps on denying it.

Everybody who knows me personally knows that I am ALL but vain!!

What I am always teasing my husband with is that he only saw my blue eyes when he noticed me first. He stared at me without interruption for 30 minutes before he introduced himself.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/Forum3/HTML/000482.html

If you go back and read Shareefa's posts you will see a pattern here.

I don't know how to approach this without sounding racially motivated, but one symptom I have found among African American reverts is the need to throw off their slave mentality that American society has thrust upon them. Unfortunately there is a slave mentality amoung African Muslims towards Arabs.

Its bad, real bad, but what you think is culture is actually santized religion. If you knew how religion is applied to daily life in Egypt, you'd see its much more culture than faith.

From what I have seen of reverts is because they have taken their shaddah think they understand everything when they are completely clueless.

Corvinous
Member # 6578

I thought you went to sleep and I was going to sleep too [Big Grin]

--------------------
No papa! No mama! No whisky soda!

BLUESKY2
Member # 10166

Rate Member
ok some of u guys are all to much , i am not always good with words at all. and i did not go into enough detail , i am not a vanity person at all , in fact far from it , i just sometimes have a problem with being called someones sugar moma or whatever u all say i am , i am 10 years older than my husband he is 26 and i am 35 and i was just trying to understand why my husband might want a woman 10 years older than himself , and now i know why i think some of u people are much younger than me and way imature, u are all racking me over the coals , throwing stones at me at laest i am married and in good standing with god , i said i was pretty because of what others people have say about me , i just came up with this conclusion over time, i have had a million marriage proposals in my life time and i was a champion ice skater and you all make fun of that too and say i am a star wanna bee, oh bullshit, it is just a fact about me , you can alll throw stones at me alll uu want, i married a younger man because he feel mad in love with my skating ect , get over it , older woman can offer things in this life here on earth too , not just u young bitches. stop bashing rocks at me , i came to this site for help and i just try to descibe my appearance and my situation, then you all turn around and quote the holy book too, i think u all need to read that book at little better , check u eyesight when u read, i am also very educated and love to read and this is most valued on earth , your knowledge and that comes with age, knowledge is money and i readalot for education and to use my mind, i am tired of all your rude comments most of u say it is all bullshit and u knowit
BLUESKY2
Member # 10166

Rate Member
woops i hit the same message several times , so sorry i am not good with computer
Khadija_Diagne
Member # 10149

Rate Member
Hey sonomod

Ok, I got Shareef's post.
I still dont agree with the whole beauty thing being external. I beleive it is all within, attitude, personallity ect. Just my opinion. Yes physical attraction is important, but it should not be primary. People can help how they look, so they should not be judged or discriminated against. We can adjust our personality, that should represent our values.

quote:

I don't know how to approach this without sounding racially motivated, but one symptom I have found among African American reverts is the need to throw off their slave mentality that American society has thrust upon them. Unfortunately there is a slave mentality amoung African Muslims towards Arabs.

Because you dont know how to approach this without sounding racially motivated, means, you are saying this out of racial motivation. Let me speak for my self, when I tell you, you have ignorace about this issue. I have an excerpt from my master thesis on race, relgion, polotics and policies in america. If you really care to become educated about this, let me send it to you, and you can review the data, and compose and analysis, and theory. Until then, stick to what you think you know.
quote:

From what I have seen of reverts is because they have taken their shaddah think they understand everything when they are completely clueless. [/QB]

Lets get one thing straight, right here, right now. I did not know anything, before I became a muslim, and I never claim I did. I am learning.

quote:
Its bad, real bad, but what you think is culture is actually santized religion. If you knew how religion is applied to daily life in Egypt, you'd see its much more culture than faith.

I you have know idea what I am talking about. If you remember my point about culture, was that SKY BLUE did not seem to know about her husband's culture. Your post is pointless, no merit,and does not even address my question. Take a seat, and let someone else speak.
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Hey sonomod

Ok, I got Shareef's post.
I still dont agree with the whole beauty thing being external. I beleive it is all within, attitude, personallity ect. Just my opinion. Yes physical attraction is important, but it should not be primary. People can help how they look, so they should not be judged or discriminated against. We can adjust our personality, that should represent our values.

quote:

Because you dont know how to approach this without sounding racially motivated, means, you are saying this out of racial motivation. Let me speak for my self, when I tell you, you have ignorace about this issue. I have an excerpt from my master thesis on race, relgion, polotics and policies in america. If you really care to become educated about this, let me send it to you, and you can review the data, and compose and analysis, and theory. Until then, stick to what you think you know.
quote:

From what I have seen of reverts is because they have taken their shaddah think they understand everything when they are completely clueless.

Lets get one thing straight, right here, right now. I did not know anything, before I became a muslim, and I never claim I did. I am learning.

quote:

I you have know idea what I am talking about. If you remember my point about culture, was that SKY BLUE did not seem to know about her husband's culture. Your post is pointless, no merit,and does not even address my question. Take a seat, and let someone else speak. [/QB]
Have you been to Egypt?

Do you know how Egyptians feel about African American claiming their Ancients as collective ancestors?

No.

Egyptians judge people like crazy for their skin color.

But hey, you won't understand what I am refering to until you move over there and experience it for yourself.

And they judge women on their skin color far more than they do men.

But you probably won't admit this to yourself until you've been there for a while.

You bubble will burst very slowly.

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Plus if you think racism in USA is uniform for the rest of the world, well this is kinda touching; but your assumptions are ethnocentric.

Try these links:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=008435;p=1

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=003521#000001

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=003521#000001

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001047;p=1

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001040;p=1

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=006666#000038

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=006581#000010

Khadija_Diagne
Member # 10149

Rate Member
quote:
Have you been to Egypt?

Do you know how Egyptians feel about African American claiming their Ancients as collective ancestors?

No.

Who cares!! Their short comings not mine. I could care less what other people think. I have nothing to do with that.
quote:

But hey, you won't understand what I am refering to until you move over there and experience it for yourself.

Ok, so...Egypt is racist? No I would not know that...uhh...I dont care. Other people's shortcoming are not my own.
quote:

But you probably won't admit this to yourself until you've been there for a while.

In order for a bubble to burst, I have to have one, and I dont. The bottom line is your are stupid, and you dont like the fact that I challenge you. I really which I could understand your point here, but I see that, there is none.
I dont have to tell you, but I will humor myself. I dont need to increase myself here, because I am happy with who I am. Unlike you. FYI I am former model. And my skin color never made a differance to any of the men that I have know,befreinded or dated. Various culutures, and counties(germany,bolivia, bosina,el salvador, the carribean,senegal,italy,tajikistan,japan,)and of course, the average white american male. All wanted to my husband, or my boyfiend, or my friend. I dated a few, but because I have much more respect for my self, I chose friendship in most cases. And since you want to talk about African American women, let me tell you about my my cousin, she i living happly in Poland with her Polish husband for six years.

and finaly, your comment,again, has no merit, again. You dont even know what I look like. But I bet you wish you did.

bkmano
Member # 10188

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bkmano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hay if you say ever been to egypt
yes indeed , I'm black and let me tell you I forget this issue but every time I come to the usa my home!!! borne at , I feel raceisem , in egypt I lived for 6 years, never ever judge people with skin . very kind people , only people just skin is american! saddly I am!! born and raised in ohaio!
anyways. thanx

Posts: 1 | From: egypt | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by bkmano:
yes indeed , I'm black and let me tell you I forget this issue but every time I come to the usa my home!!! borne at , I feel raceisem , in egypt I lived for 6 years, never ever judge people with skin . very kind people , only people just skin is american! saddly I am!! born and raised in ohaio!
anyways. thanx

If you were born in OHIO you'd know how to spell OHIO.
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Have you been to Egypt?

No.

Who cares!! Their short comings not mine. I could care less what other people think. I have nothing to do with that.
quote:

Ok, so...Egypt is racist? No I would not know that...uhh...I dont care. Other people's shortcoming are not my own.
quote:

In order for a bubble to burst, I have to have one, and I dont. The bottom line is your are stupid, and you dont like the fact that I challenge you. I really which I could understand your point here, but I see that, there is none.
I dont have to tell you, but I will humor myself. I dont need to increase myself here, because I am happy with who I am. Unlike you. FYI I am former model. And my skin color never made a differance to any of the men that I have know,befreinded or dated. Various culutures, and counties(germany,bolivia, bosina,el salvador, the carribean,senegal,italy,tajikistan,japan,)and of course, the average white american male. All wanted to my husband, or my boyfiend, or my friend. I dated a few, but because I have much more respect for my self, I chose friendship in most cases. And since you want to talk about African American women, let me tell you about my my cousin, she i living happly in Poland with her Polish husband for six years.

and finaly, your comment,again, has no merit, again. You dont even know what I look like. But I bet you wish you did.

You'll find out for yourself. If you ever get the courage to move over there.

Besides you aren't even considering what the move will do to your children.

_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bkmano:
anyways. thanx

If you were born in OHIO you'd know how to spell OHIO.
good catch ...
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khadija_Diagne
Member # 10149

Rate Member
quote:

Besides you aren't even considering what the move will do to your children. [/QB]

....like you did??
what could it do to them? You tell me. Lets see, I have been home schooling them for over a year. They wanted to become muslims, before I did. In fact, it was my son, my oldest, who told me he wanted to become muslim! The want to live in a muslim country, they want to go to a muslims school. so tell me...where are your children?

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Besides you aren't even considering what the move will do to your children.

....like you did??
what could it do to them? You tell me. Lets see, I have been home schooling them for over a year. They wanted to become muslims, before I did. In fact, it was my son, my oldest, who told me he wanted to become muslim! The want to live in a muslim country, they want to go to a muslims school. so tell me...where are your children? [/QB]

Alright you are former username.

First off, my child is Egyptian, your children aren't Egyptian.

And how in the world do children under a certain age explore a different faith and then adhere themselves to it independantly?

And you've homeschooled your children for a year as a divorced woman? Who is paying your bills?

And you think you'll be able to find a Egyptian man willing to pay to send your children to a private school in Egypt? Or allow you to keep your children home for homeschooling? Do you know how American children are treated in Egyptian public schools? You can't be serious about dragging your children to Egypt!

Don't tell me you belong to the "Nation of Islam" right?

Khadija_Diagne
Member # 10149

Rate Member
Did I strike a nerve???

Never heard of nation of islam, until after I reverted.I never seen Malcolm X the movie. Sunni, i am. FYI, never hear of this sight, until 4 days ago, that is the truth. I just read. and since you must know my life history, I will tell you:
My son, is an advit reader. He read about Islam in his Social Studies book(when in public school) His decision was on his own. BTW, my son is a genius. Ask the Maryland Board of Education. I took the out of school because of the poor system, 6 months before I became muslim. At the time I was working for Insurance company. I also took in a women and her 2 children who were victims of domestic violence. I house and organization FAFA(Families Against Family Abuse) Endorsed by Gov. Erhlich, and Mayor O'Mally of Baltimore, and the Domestic Violene Councel of Maryland. I also have store where I sell hand made beauty products, and hand made scarved(I am an advit Knitter).

I left Maryland last year. I have been in Alabama, where I became a muslim in October. Since, I have established Muslims for Humanity, a non profit organization to support the muslim community in the area. Along with the MSA chapter at the university I attend. We are in the process of establishing a CAIR chapter.

As as far as and Egyption man paying for anything for me, come on, I am amercian, and yes independent. And he knows all this.

It is ok you miserable old women. I undertand, I am a humanitrian. I would just blow your mind, but I will hold back for now. And give you a chance to pick up your face.

nilah
Member # 10112

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted      Profile for nilah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This message is a reply to the lady in Alabama....
This message is not intended to spark a fight with you, my intent is just to be helpful if I can. So, if you find anything helpful in this message or have any questions then write back.

First, I think you mean that you CONVERTED to Islam---not REVERTED(that would mean you were returning to Islam)----Correct me if I am wrong! I just want to understand what is being said.

However, I have to agree with the prior post! YOU NEED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT EGYPT BEFORE YOU MOVE THERE!!!

I am speaking from experience. I am African American and I moved here from California to be with with my husband. I have been here about 7 months and I am ready to slap myself.

I had visited before and I loved it. But I did not stay as long as I have. NOTE: Egypt is a great place for a small vacation but not a place for permanant residence. If you are here to do a job, schooling or trying to help with the social issues in the country then I can understand the reason for being here. However, if you decided to stay here, then I would suggest residing in the community where there are Americans and Europeans in order to provide you some comfort for you and your children.

There are prejudice people here. There is discrimination against Africans from other places on the continent. This society seems to be in a time warp in reguard to race. It is as though Egypt is at the same point in the 1960's of American History. This type of ill thinking is stupid to me. But, I have encountered it.

It seems strange to me to encounter any racial problems in Egypt because there are a variety of people with various skin tones. Also, by this being a predominately Muslim country, I was sure that it embraced the idea that Man is one under Allah and that there is no difference when comes to race, but I was baffled to learn that this is even an issue in Egypt.

This society has a different idea of beauty compared to what you are use to at home. One example, is that I needed to go to the store and replace my skin cleanser and foundation. And that was difficult. First, when I went to find a cleanser, I was surprised at seeing all the Skin Whiteners on the shelves. And I see a ton of this stuff in the markets and pharmacies here in Egypt. But, in California I really don't see this type of stuff in the stores. And I don't understand this concept because there are women with beautiful olive tones bleaching their skin while back in California woman visit the tanning parlor twice a week trying to add color to their skin. Second, I tried to find foundation for my skin and I was unsuccessful. I had to send home for MAC cosmetics to match my Chocolate skin. And I wonder, how is it possible that there no cosmetics in Egypt for dark skin tones? Everywhere I went, they had the same color.

Also, I read that you wanted to raise your children in an Islamic society. I do not want to make decisions for you but I just want to simply give you some vision into Egypt since you are there in USA. A lot of people(not all), are not kind or courteous like some of your fellow Islamic sisters and brothers. For example, my husband is Egyptian and I am black American, and when we walk in public, sometimes, people will laugh and giggle. And I think to myself, "Why would people who love God do this". I don't let this really bother me. But this is the idea of a majority of people, here. Also, my husband doesn't really like me going too many places without him because of the men in the street. Men will sometime say sexual things to me in the street or things like "Sumara"(black). The sexual things said are not brought on because of my clothing. It is just a lack respect because I am black and a woman.

The economy here in Egypt is weak, meaning that there are not many high paying jobs and it is difficult to find a job. Since you are American, I would suggest that you set up your employment with a company from home before you come or bring a good amount of money with you.

Also, economic class is clearly visable, here in Egypt compared to home where they seem to overlap. You will see homeless children in the street, which you may not be use to at home. Some young children work here, usually in the nearby markets, or in the apartment building as an errand runner or maybe a houseservant. This type of work for a 6 or 7 year might seem out of line to you as it did for me. But it does happen here. So, if you are humanitarian as you said, your help would be needed in some area like this.

Lastly, I do not know if is true that you are seeking an Egyptian husband. I did not read your original post, but my advise is to not make this idea a goal of yours or do not let it be the reason for your wanting to come to Egypt. Because you need to be careful that you do not meet a person who just wants to marry you in order to get a Visa.

Everything about Egypt is not bad. As I said, it is great for a small vacation or a short term stay. But, for you as a single mother with children, you might want to look into Dubai as another option, if you truly desire to stay in a Muslim Country.

Posts: 13 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:

I left Maryland last year. I have been in Alabama, where I became a muslim in October. Since, I have established Muslims for Humanity, a non profit organization to support the muslim community in the area.

Hi Khadija-Diagne, from my personal experience Alabama has a non-existant Muslim community, I mean unless you are talking about African-Americans who converted to Islam and they were hiding. Alabama is overcrowded and dominated by churches, mostly Baptists and Lutheran ones.

I've been in Alabama for a year (Montgomery), I traveled up north and south - I haven't even seen ONE mosque. I'd love to have found some Arabic speaking people for God sake but I couldn't even find a real Italian restaurant (I don't mean a chain restaurant like the "Olive Garden").

Oh, I just remember one time I met two Jordanian women in the mall with their children - but that's about it.

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NILAH.... I agree with most of your post... as I have lived in Egypt (alone.... no husband... Egyptian or otherwise)for 3 years... my work is in Egypt..
People come for a holiday and decide after 2 weeks this is where they want to spend their lives.... Not the same thing at all, as you have already pointed out!!!
The point about REVERTING to Islam, not CONVERTING... is that every person is born a muslim.... ie... submitting to the will of God!
But.... I still think this post is a fake!!!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nilah
Member # 10112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nilah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
revert
One entry found for revert.

Main Entry: re·vert
Pronunciation: ri-'v&rt
Function: intransitive verb
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French revertir, from Latin revertere, v.t., to turn back & reverti, v.i., to return, come back, from re- + vertere, verti to turn -- more at WORTH
1 : to come or go back (as to a former condition, period, or subject)
2 : to return to the proprietor or his heirs at the end of a reversion
3 : to return to an ancestral type
- re·vert·er noun
- re·vert·ible /-'v&r-t&-b&l/ adjective

nilah
Member # 10112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nilah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
NILAH.... I agree with most of your post... as I have lived in Egypt (alone.... no husband... Egyptian or otherwise)for 3 years... my work is in Egypt..
People come for a holiday and decide after 2 weeks this is where they want to spend their lives.... Not the same thing at all, as you have already pointed out!!!
The point about REVERTING to Islam, not CONVERTING... is that every person is born a muslim.... ie... submitting to the will of God!

First, I do not know what you mean about a fake post. Can you please explain your meaning about that? Second, not all people dislike Egypt but for the lady in Alabama, it is important that she take more than 2 WEEKS to consider staying in Egypt.
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:

Samia are you refering to Khadija_Diagne posts as fakes? I am wondering the same thing because of the Khadija 2000 posts sounded so overwhelmingly fake.

But there are some pretty nasty in-fighting on some other egy-boards right now and so fake usernames are venting here, unfortunately.

Khadija_Diagne
Member # 10149

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:

I left Maryland last year. I have been in Alabama, where I became a muslim in October. Since, I have established Muslims for Humanity, a non profit organization to support the muslim community in the area.

Hi Khadija-Diagne, from my personal experience Alabama has a non-existant Muslim community, I mean unless you are talking about African-Americans who converted to Islam and they were hiding. Alabama is overcrowded and dominated by churches, mostly Baptists and Lutheran ones.

I've been in Alabama for a year (Montgomery), I traveled up north and south - I haven't even seen ONE mosque. I'd love to have found some Arabic speaking people for God sake but I couldn't even find a real Italian restaurant (I don't mean a chain restaurant like the "Olive Garden").

Oh, I just remember one time I met two Jordanian women in the mall with their children - but that's about it.

You are right to a point. The mosque in Birmingham, and a small on in Anniston. I am in Jackonsonville, and we has to establish a musallah. We have no place to worship [Frown] I just incomporated Muslims for Humanity with the State of Alabama, in December. About 10,000 muslims here, but they are afraid [Frown] one of our goals is to make muslims feel comfortable being muslims. We have a MSA at Jackonsville http://www.jsumuslims.org/ I have only been in Alabama less than 6 months. There is alot of work to do, but I can handle it. Check out the site, I am writing an article about my journey to Islam, and it will be posted soon.
Khadija_Diagne
Member # 10149

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by nilah:
This message is a reply to the lady in Alabama....
This message is not intended to spark a fight with you, my intent is just to be helpful if I can. So, if you find anything helpful in this message or have any questions then write back.

First, I think you mean that you CONVERTED to Islam---not REVERTED(that would mean you were returning to Islam)----Correct me if I am wrong! I just want to understand what is being said.

I use reverted, because I beleive we are all muslim, some just did not know it. Being a muslim has always been in my sprit. I am the only one in our organization that was not born muslim. They help me understand that my journey to Islam was a revert to my original religion. Good point, though I actually wrote about this in my master thesis on religion policy and politcs.

quote:

Also, I read that you wanted to raise your children in an Islamic society. I do not want to make decisions for you but I just want to simply give you some vision into Egypt since you are there in USA. A lot of people(not all), are not kind or courteous like some of your fellow Islamic sisters and brothers.

Point taken. It must be demographics. The Islamic community here, small but strong, take very very good care of me and my children. When I first came here, I mean got me an apartment, paid my bills, helped with my children. I dont even pay bills. I save everthing I make to pay for my tuition. The brother's here, they drive me where ever I need to go, they watch my children when I have to take a night class. I really think everyone's experience is different.
quote:

Also, economic class is clearly visable, here in Egypt compared to home where they seem to overlap. You will see homeless children in the street, which you may not be use to at home. Some young children work here, usually in the nearby markets, or in the apartment building as an errand runner or maybe a houseservant. This type of work for a 6 or 7 year might seem out of line to you as it did for me. But it does happen here. So, if you are humanitarian as you said, your help would be needed in some area like this.

I already sent a letter to the American Embassy in Egypt, on yesterday about Muslims for Humanity, and what we could do in Egypt. When I organized this, Egypt was in my heart, too. I have applied for 3 grants to Americorp, and I a still researching the other. I will see what they say.

quote:

Lastly, I do not know if is true that you are seeking an Egyptian husband. I did not read your original post, but my advise is to not make this idea a goal of yours or do not let it be the reason for your wanting to come to Egypt. Because you need to be careful that you do not meet a person who just wants to marry you in order to get a Visa.

Point taken. But I hope you know, this would have been a mute motive. Getting married again is really not one of my goals. I have alway left that up to Allah. I am blessed in so many ways. If marraiage is in my future, his nationallity is secondary.
quote:

Everything about Egypt is not bad. As I said, it is great for a small vacation or a short term stay. But, for you as a single mother with children, you might want to look into Dubai as another option, if you truly desire to stay in a Muslim Country.

I think I would like Dubai

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com