EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » I'm leaving ES (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'm leaving ES
mooneal
Member # 8782

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mooneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why Noor, why? We have never had an opportunity to meet each other but why do u want to leave?
Posts: 810 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mooneal:
Why Noor, why? We have never had an opportunity to meet each other but why do u want to leave?

Maybe that is the reason [Big Grin]
Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nooralhaq20055     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't realize how many people cared
if I stayed or left, it has really warmed
my heart and humbled me quite a bit, thanks
to you all who replied so kindly, Corv (always able to make me laugh & smile),
Madame Mohamed (my new and sweet friend),
Horemheb (we always disagree on topics but you were the first to reach out to me and you are always a friend of mine),
Samia (always kind),
Masrawi (your pm to me was nice and appreciated, thank you),
Unknown Model (I don't know you but thanks for extending your plea for me to stay),
Asooma (thanks for your reply),
Adham ( thanks for your words to me, I will stay and hope we can be friends, the more the merrier and this board needs more kind people),
Sadeegy (I don't like to lower myself when people are mean to me but sometimes I do. That is part of why I wanted to go, I don't want to turn into 'that person'. We say in America 'birds of a feather flock together' and I choose to be around kind people, thanks for being kind yourself),
Merima (thank you, I think I will stay),
7ayat- mesh (you are right, thanks for reminding me),
Snoozin (always my touchstone, sorry we lost contact for so long while I was ill, let's not do that again, love to you~),
Serendipity (one of my longtime favorites, it's so good to see you back! I would stay just to be able to post with you again! Thanks and I will email you soon inshallah),
bibo1978 (you're right, it's amazing how kind people come out of hiding when you need them, you are all my friends for this, you'll never know how much it's appreciated,
mooneal (thank you, let us meet now).

I think I was going through some bad times the other day. It's difficult enough adjusting to a new country, new lifestyle, new language, new food, new people, new home, new weather, new EVERYTHING without having to come onto this message board and get pummeled everyday for reasons unknown to me. Usually I can take it (alhamdullilah) pretty easily but some days when you just need a hug and people you don't know kick you when you're down it really sucks.
However, I have learned from this thread that there are kind people and sometimes you just need to reach out to them when it's needed and ignore people who want nothing else but to bring others down into their miserable lives. I can't control others, just how I react to them.
Anyway, thanks to all of my old friends AND my new ones, you will all never know how much you have helped me when I really needed it most.
Alhamdullilah.

Best,
Noor

Posts: 1074 | From: Menufia, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karena
Member # 9835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karena     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Noor, I hope you do stay as I enjoy your posts and you seem like a really nice person. I will leave you with this English saying: Sticks and Stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me! Take care
Posts: 200 | From: uk | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nooralhaq20055:
I didn't realize how many people cared
if I stayed or left, it has really warmed
my heart and humbled me quite a bit, thanks
to you all who replied so kindly, Corv (always able to make me laugh & smile),

Thank you my dear sweet friend [Smile]
Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by karena:
Noor, I hope you do stay as I enjoy your posts and you seem like a really nice person. I will leave you with this English saying: Sticks and Stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me! Take care

I heard 'Londom' is so hot nowadays, is it so hot there ?!

[Big Grin]

Karena
Member # 9835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karena     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Corv, There is plenty to do in London, restaurants/bars/theatres/clubs.... depends what you like. Personally I would like a more laid back life in Egypt. Weather very cold!
Posts: 200 | From: uk | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Your compatriots community here is very happy and most of them are staying or planing to go and then come back on retirement [Smile]

Why don't you just join them ? [Smile]

What do you need ?! Jobs, proper places to live at, friends ... ?!

It is All Available !!! [Smile]

Corvinous
Member # 6578

And the Sun here beats people on the back of their necks every morning [Big Grin]

--------------------
No papa! No mama! No whisky soda!

Karena
Member # 9835

How lovely to wake up to the sun every morning, I have some very lovely friend's in Egypt and one of my best friends live in Egypt, so no problem where to stay. A job would be very nice! but I have ties in England at the mo and then YES I will be there but in the meantime I am quite happy to holiday there. Back in April, HOORAY
Corvinous
Member # 6578

That was my point, Great !

[Smile]

--------------------

dream123456
Member # 9287

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dream123456     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Noor,
wb

Posts: 1022 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nooralhaq20055     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks it's good to be back~
Posts: 1074 | From: Menufia, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

[Smile]

--------------------

Gail
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Noor ~ I haven't posted on ES in quite a while. I chose to just stay away and deal with a situation in private. Anyway, I was hoping to talk to you. I am coming to Egypt in July and I wanted to ask you some questions. I thought we could even meet for coffee if we can manage to coordinate our schedules. Please e-mail me at jjrich2006@hotmail.com. I would love to keep in touch with you as well as some other members of ES. [Smile]

--------------------
JJ

Posts: 332 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Thanks it's good to be back~

We are happy too. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Gail:
Noor ~ I haven't posted on ES in quite a while. I chose to just stay away and deal with a situation in private. Anyway, I was hoping to talk to you. I am coming to Egypt in July and I wanted to ask you some questions. I thought we could even meet for coffee if we can manage to coordinate our schedules. Please e-mail me at jjrich2006@hotmail.com. I would love to keep in touch with you as well as some other members of ES. [Smile]

Hi Gail. I would love to keep in touch with you, but due to some recent hacking of people's accounts and attempts to mess up people's computers, can you tell me what I sent to you so I know it's really you? Take care
Noor

*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This will be my last day to post at ES.
Since I came to Egypt (early November) I have
tried to keep in contact with my friends here and since we all have each others' personal emails I choose to avoid ES althogether.
I have never felt so depressed as when I come on ES and find people's responses or remarks about me. I try to avoid people and try to be kind to others but it is no use (for the mistakes I have made I apologize for if I offended anyone, astagfurallah al azeem).
Some here are overly sensitive, some are paranoid and one is beyond mention.

I enjoyed a good part of my time on ES but the last 6 months or so have just left such a sour taste in my mouth!

Anyway, to my friends, goodbye, if you want to contact me, do so in a private message and we can exchange contact info. all others you already have my contact info, take care
Assalaam Alaykom
La Elaha Ella Allah
Muhammadean Rasoulo Allah
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But why are you leaving? please stay

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Anissa agnes:
This will be my last day to post at ES.
Since I came to Egypt (early November) I have
tried to keep in contact with my friends here and since we all have each others' personal emails I choose to avoid ES althogether.
I have never felt so depressed as when I come on ES and find people's responses or remarks about me. I try to avoid people and try to be kind to others but it is no use (for the mistakes I have made I apologize for if I offended anyone, astagfurallah al azeem).
Some here are overly sensitive, some are paranoid and one is beyond mention.

I enjoyed a good part of my time on ES but the last 6 months or so have just left such a sour taste in my mouth!

Anyway, to my friends, goodbye, if you want to contact me, do so in a private message and we can exchange contact info. all others you already have my contact info, take care
Assalaam Alaykom
La Elaha Ella Allah
Muhammadean Rasoulo Allah
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But why are you leaving? please stay

I have decided to stay Agnes, thanks [Smile]
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to have you back Noor. [Smile]

This place is really in need of nice and good ppl [Smile]

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
Good to have you back Noor. [Smile]

This place is really in need of nice and good ppl [Smile]

thanks again, btw, i sent you an email today, be sure to check your inbox. Hope you're well and happy.
Noor

Gail
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Noor ~ I certainly understand your being cautious. You sent me an English translation of the Qur'an with a post it note attached that said, "May God guide you! - Salaam."
Posts: 332 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mooneal
Member # 8782

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mooneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Noor, I do hope we became closer now.
Posts: 810 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Gail:
Noor ~ I certainly understand your being cautious. You sent me an English translation of the Qur'an with a post it note attached that said, "May God guide you! - Salaam."

alhamdullilah Gail! Ma Sha Allah so good to see you again! [Smile]
I will email you today, however; sometimes it takes me a couple of days to respond so please be patient.
Speak with you soon inshallah~
Noor

al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I love Hat Hut.

Well you can name one pastry shop in the last 2 months but can't remember this pastry shop from 8 months ago?
Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny how people switch from: Alhamdullillah, InshaAllah, Masha Allah in every sentence to:
I MISS HALLOWEEN! IT SMELLS LIKE CRAP IN HERE!!!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tissue any one
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ES to me is a mere war zone [Roll Eyes]

Everyday there is fighting with somebody & yes it's depressing....

It is hard to ignore the trouble makers [Roll Eyes] because they will be after you [Big Grin]

--------------------
Femme Fatale

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com