EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Parfums and outdoorlife

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Parfums and outdoorlife
Truedevotion
Member # 10049

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Truedevotion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello!

I have again questions...
First one is about Egyptian parfumes. Yes they are great and much better than western containing alcohol. But can anybody tell me how pure they are? Sellers are telling stories of ancient receips and 100%natural origins...Is it true?

Another...You have gorgeous weather there to spend outdoor life. But I don´t see many women and children outside. Do they stay indoor gardens, go to some parks ect or do they really spend their hours inside despite of a chance to enjoy outdoors. Here, if we even see a piece of a sun, everybody goes outside and try to enjoy as much as we can:) But it is different because it can last months when we will see sun next time:)

Posts: 118 | From: Finland | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think most/some women do not want to be darked skinned (tanned) so they avoid the sun [Confused]

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perfumery is a chemistry. Molecular chemistry to be precise. And it's all about mixing the right molecules together to produce a certain scent.

Alchol is a solvent in perfume - it releases the scent - and it's not a bad thing.

When it's absent from oils, it must be replaced with another type of solvent.

I'm not sure why you think that egyptian perfumes are superior to "western" ones, but most commercial perfumes today use synthetic molecules that took years and years to develop whose whole function is simply to smell (nice to us).

The top, middle and base notes found in commercial perfumes are very complex and not something one can replicate with natural oils, simply because natural oils mix simple molecules together.

Since perfumery is all about chemistry, then that puts a new light on why something ancient isn't necessary better.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
misfit
Member # 8880

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Truedevotion:
Do they stay indoor gardens? ....... here everybody goes outside and try to enjoy as much as we can [Smile]

as for "again questions":
i never heard of any special egyptian non-alcoholic perfumes, maybe you're talking about the different commercially available essences which are used to make perfume after mixing with alcohol same as everywhere else in the world.

as for "another":
egyptians do not go to gardens or parks, whether indoors or outdoor (are there any indoor gardens anyway?).. egyptians prefer to spend their leisure time on bridges.. go to any bridge and you'll find the whole world happening there.
this is not because they don't have parks and home gardens.. actually we feel utterly indebted for the governemet for having supplied us with everything we need to enjoy including spacious and beautiful parks and gardens, but we just love to spend our time on bridges.. it's an egyptian thing!

Posts: 956 | From: nowhere | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This bridge thing is very true!! In summer especially, all the bridges are crowded!!! Young boys looking for girls, families, young lovers...

Here and there we don't enjoy the same things. Just like, I remember one of my Egyptian friends (low middle class, if it makes sense), whose boyfriend had invited her to go to the zoo. I was like, wow, great, you're going to have a great time! But the girl was sooooo offended, because going to the zoo (it was in Alex, but the one in Cairo is as miserable) is something considered as cheap. Here, going to the zoo is something fun. Also, I know that here, when we have guests, we enjoy walking all together, for no reason, just because after a good meal, we like to walk around. Don't ask me why!!! There, when I'm with my inlaws, we prefer staying at home, talking, watching TV...
So, different ways of enjoying our time, but here and there, I do enjoy mine!

Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truedevotion
Member # 10049

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truedevotion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will explain more...
With parfumes without no alcohol I ment those parfumes sold out every corner. One owner explained to me they contain no alcohol, only natural orogins, that is why they last many years and are better to your skin. Personally I am bored to "normal parfumes", they smell too much alcohol, 80% of the price is just a brand.
Here every one uses Calvin Clain, Boss and all those famous scents, it is much more cool to have Lotus on:)

Posts: 118 | From: Finland | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Truedevotion, just do a search on the internet on how perfumes are made. There's nothing wrong with alcohol in perfume - it's a needed thing - and if you think you're smelling alcohol, you're actually smelling something else. You probably don't like aldehyde, which is the type of smell you get in Chanel No 5.

Owners of perfume shops are salesmen and frankly what they say is whatever it takes to get you to buy a bottle of their product.

They too sell dilluted oils. You couldn't put the "pure" stuff on, it would be too overwhelming and again, it needs something to release the smell (IE alchol...it may not be alcohol but it is probably a cheap solvent).

As things lasting many years, perfumes last many years too if stored properly. There are still rare ones 25-50 yrs old being sold at auctions.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are cultural implications for why women don't go out and leisurely lie around in gardens and so forth. Somehow no Egyptians on this board are willing to bring in and post the mountians of fatwas on this topic.

Aga Khan something is an organization trying to spread restoration and urban renewal through the old Islamic quarters in Cairo. An innovation that has been forced on the neighborhood Mullahs is the public gardens.

In most of North Africa private homes have a courtyard where lush plants are kept, a public garden is most unheard of until modern times. It was just against urban planning and architecture of the times.

Which is bizarre to me since Shebin has gone to great extent to put modern public infastructure into the expanding city. Public gardens came in the 1970s with absolutely no agruement against it, and actually great fanfare from the community. But now they want these parks policed so what happened in Merryland Park in Heliopolis doesn't happen in any of the parks of Shebin. [Roll Eyes]

But it happens anyway, just over at so and so house where things are so busy no one would bother to notice. [Embarrassed]

Its just really not in Egyptian or North African nature. Gardens/Parks are mainly for private residences and for the leisure of women, in private.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonomod, where is Shebin?
Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Barbapapa:

Middle of freaking nowhere! [Big Grin]

At least that is what ES usernames will tell you.

No Shebin el-Kaum is the provincial capital of the most populace province (or state) in Egypt.

Since most balady of Cairo go back to their home village to give birth and get married many of the populace in Cairo have had their births and marriages registered with the authorities in Shebin el-Kaum.

about 60% or more of the middle and lower classes in Cairo orginate from the El-Menoufia province. Making Shebin a very busy and built up capital. So many governmental structures and departments are in the middle of the city. 160,000 in the urban center and many more in the agricultural farms outside of town.

There are two colleges, one is a university and the other is a tech-two year institution. Plus security headquarters are there, making the need for a police checkpoint every 6 blocks necessary.

Mubarak was born in Shebin. Anwar Sadat was born in one of the farming villages adjacent to Shebin.

Also the savants of Napoleon had stayed behind and married the daughters of Shebin so the town is very french as well.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

There are 2 shebin, one in Egypt, and one in Sonomod's butthole where she really lives and came from right to these forums [Big Grin]
Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
There are cultural implications for why women don't go out and leisurely lie around in gardens and so forth. Somehow no Egyptians on this board are willing to bring in and post the mountians of fatwas on this topic.

Aga Khan something is an organization trying to spread restoration and urban renewal through the old Islamic quarters in Cairo. An innovation that has been forced on the neighborhood Mullahs is the public gardens.

In most of North Africa private homes have a courtyard where lush plants are kept, a public garden is most unheard of until modern times. It was just against urban planning and architecture of the times.

Which is bizarre to me since Shebin has gone to great extent to put modern public infastructure into the expanding city. Public gardens came in the 1970s with absolutely no agruement against it, and actually great fanfare from the community. But now they want these parks policed so what happened in Merryland Park in Heliopolis doesn't happen in any of the parks of Shebin. [Roll Eyes]

But it happens anyway, just over at so and so house where things are so busy no one would bother to notice. [Embarrassed]

Its just really not in Egyptian or North African nature. Gardens/Parks are mainly for private residences and for the leisure of women, in private.

What about sets of think Blankets for BSDM uses by Sadistic husbands and masoschist wives ???

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that blanket you use Sono, I mean used with you, made of leather too ?!!

--------------------
No papa! No mama! No whisky soda!

TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I will explain more...
With parfumes without no alcohol I ment those parfumes sold out every corner. One owner explained to me they contain no alcohol, only natural orogins, that is why they last many years and are better to your skin. Personally I am bored to "normal parfumes", they smell too much alcohol, 80% of the price is just a brand.
Here every one uses Calvin Clain, Boss and all those famous scents, it is much more cool to have Lotus on:)

I think she is reffering to "Ataar" - maybe pronounce wrong - but they sell them all over the muslim world. they would sure have them in your local mosque.

My friend told me that Egyptian parfum are not good, and stay away from them [Confused]
I wouldnt trust them either, if locals dont buy it, i wont buy it.

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One question please,

Does your hubby perfum ya before wrapping you up in that leather Blanket to distract ya in there as he comes from the solo hole in your world, Dear Sono ?!

--------------------

tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Corv !! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] lol
Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

I guess that woman must be put to study, the first I met in my life of that kind ever, and I am positive I would never come across any of it, it happens once an era I suppose [Big Grin]

--------------------

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i would like to answer your question about why eyptians dont go out often. i'm egyptian and i just moved to sydney a month ago, and sydney has great weather like egypt, and people love the outdoors! and i was thinking how come we have the same weather (actually better in my opinion) in egypt, but we dont have an ourdoor culture like here? well the answer is, the people simply have no where to go! thats why they gather at the bridges in the summer in cairo and on the corniche in alexandria! the government doesnet provide the people with gardens or parks or anywhere they can go and just relax with their families and enjoy!
i remember a few months ago i took my cousin's child to the zoo in cairo which cost about 25 piasters, and i was stunned at how many families and lovers were hanging around there. they weren't there to enjoy the animals, but to just have an open private (as in not the street) place they can sit in! and for them 25 piasters was more than affordable! and here in australia you have places like hyde park where people can go in for free and just enjoy themselves, and the egyptian people deserve to have a place like that! even the azhar park which opened recently needs a minimm charge to enter (can't remember the exact price) but its way out of league for most low and middle class egyptians! not fair! and i actually believe that the upper class prefer it that way, because as one of them said to me that we can insure that only "nas nedifa" (classy people) come in!
i dream of the day when we can have beautiful gardens and parks available for most egyptians no charge!

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Real life
Member # 7982

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Real life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
quote:

Since

Also the savants of Napoleon had stayed behind and married the daughters of Shebin so the town is very french as well.

That explains something then - I always thought Cheffie looked very french and he's from that neck of the woods [Big Grin]
Posts: 148 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheWesternDebt2Islam aka Ki$$ aka K:
I think most/some women do not want to be darked skinned (tanned) so they avoid the sun [Confused]

Oh, come on! Did you hear about a thing called “sun block cream” !
Posts: 968 | From: www | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hello!

First one is about Egyptian parfumes. Yes they are great and much better than western containing alcohol. But can anybody tell me how pure they are? Sellers are telling stories of ancient receips and 100%natural origins...Is it true?

Another...You have gorgeous weather there to spend outdoor life. But I don´t see many women and children outside. Do they stay indoor gardens, go to some parks ect or do they really spend their hours inside despite of a chance to enjoy outdoors. Here, if we even see a piece of a sun, everybody goes outside and try to enjoy as much as we can:) But it is different because it can last months when we will see sun next time:)

so I'm Egyptain girl, And I’m wearing veil, I prefer sitting with my friends in private places* out doors to do whatever we want, just to enjoy “guys this is my personal opinion”
Plus the problem is ppl really misused these gardens because it is for free…
Certainly I can’t lay on a pubic garden, to enjoy the weather as if I do this in *Egypt*, I wont blame myself for what will happen next!! Also if you start talking, you will find strangers sharing the conversation. ppl here are very curious
Also some *sick guys or even boys will think that my purpose is to go to pick anyone to start a relation, yes sounds miserable
However there are free park here in Egypt, but not too many…my only experience was during university days I was having assignment, in photo journalism course, to take different picture in any public park, ya lawhi, I went to a public part, called “Maryland” this park is divided into private and public I used to hang out long time ago in private but I was shocked when I found the public, only for those, ”lovers”

Posts: 968 | From: www | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Certainly I can’t lay on a pubic garden, to enjoy the weather as if I do this in *Egypt*, I wont blame myself for what will happen next!!"

What does that mean?

I wonder when people are going to stop the enabling.

Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by QueenBee:
"Certainly I can’t lay on a pubic garden, to enjoy the weather as if I do this in *Egypt*, I wont blame myself for what will happen next!!"

What does that mean?

This sentence counts for those who understand the Egyptian society.
quote:

[Confused] [Confused]

Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nooralhaq20055     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Asooma:
quote:
Hello!

so I'm Egyptain girl, And I’m wearing veil, I prefer sitting with my friends in private places* out doors to do whatever we want, just to enjoy “guys this is my personal opinion”
Certainly I can’t lay on a pubic garden, to enjoy the weather as if I do this in *Egypt*, I wont blame myself for what will happen next!! Also if you start talking, you will find strangers sharing the conversation. ppl here are very curious
Also some *sick guys or even boys will think that my purpose is to go to pick anyone to start a relation, yes sounds miserable
However there are free park here in Egypt, but not too many…my only experience was during university days I was having assignment, in photo journalism course, to take different picture in any public park, ya lawhi, I went to a public part, called “Maryland” this park is divided into private and public I used to hang out long time ago in private but I was shocked when I found the public, only for those, ”lovers”

[Eek!]
Posts: 1074 | From: Menufia, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
misfit
Member # 8880

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7ayat- magnona khales taralaly:
thats why they gather at the bridges in the summer in cairo and on the corniche in alexandria!

and i thought it was just an egyptian thing [Smile]

but i have to disagree with you regarding the government, it's a good government despite evrything.. they don't mean us no harm.. they only forgot to provide us with places to go that's all, apparently it just escaped their minds somehow over the years to think about this small insignificant issue.

i remember when i was in college; me and my friends used to go for picnics in the desert area around the pyramids.. depending on our economical status we either made BBQ or we simply bought ta3meyya and gebna roomi and inserted them in long 3eish feeno bread and ate them with coke or something...
we usually stayed deep inside the desert far from the pyramids themselves, we never hurt no one, we never messed with the great monuments, we never bothered the tourists and we never kissed each other there at night.. we went there only to practice our god given right of a horizon, we simply wanted to escape the endless concrete jungle of cairo, to be somewhere with no buildings and ugliness around us, somewhere we can gaze at the infinity and listen to some music in peace, but no.. our beloved government discovered we and our likes were a disgrace to the 7000 years of "syphilisation", they shut down the entire area and people were driven to the bridge.. hopefully to through themselves over and rid the country of their unneeded burden.

Posts: 956 | From: nowhere | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Nooralhaq20055:
quote:
quote:
Hello!

[Eek!]
You'd understand this Noor if you lived there.
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

What does that mean?

This sentence counts for those who understand the Egyptian society.
quote:

[Confused] [Confused]

The point is to show yourself as a fully integrated westerner, to flaunt khawagaa-wannabe skills.

There is no pride in Egyptian habits and traditions, when you have access to the west.

And no man who is so very dependant on that visa would ever want his internet wife to understand how things really are in Egypt. It just might scare his chance of a western passport away! [Eek!]

Basically I find Egyptian habits much more tolerable than Maghrib, Alwaili and even Maronite habits. But Egypt is the center of Religious instruction and scholarly excellence.

The more I learn about other surrounding civilizations the more I can appreciate Egyptian habits. [Wink]

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by misfit:
quote:
Originally posted by 7ayat- magnona khales taralaly:
thats why they gather at the bridges in the summer in cairo and on the corniche in alexandria!

and i thought it was just an egyptian thing [Smile]

but i have to disagree with you regarding the government, it's a good government despite evrything.. they don't mean us no harm.. they only forgot to provide us with places to go that's all, apparently it just escaped their minds somehow over the years to think about this small insignificant issue.

i remember when i was in college; me and my friends used to go for picnics in the desert area around the pyramids.. depending on our economical status we either made BBQ or we simply bought ta3meyya and gebna roomi and inserted them in long 3eish feeno bread and ate them with coke or something...
we usually stayed deep inside the desert far from the pyramids themselves, we never hurt no one, we never messed with the great monuments, we never bothered the tourists and we never kissed each other there at night.. we went there only to practice our god given right of a horizon, we simply wanted to escape the endless concrete jungle of cairo, to be somewhere with no buildings and ugliness around us, somewhere we can gaze at the infinity and listen to some music in peace, but no.. our beloved government discovered we and our likes were a disgrace to the 7000 years of "syphilisation", they shut down the entire area and people were driven to the bridge.. hopefully to through themselves over and rid the country of their unneeded burden.

oh my god thats definitly one sick government! they didn't want you to sit in the desert? homa hobl wala eh?
anyway i know now that many young people go hang out in wadi degla, a protectorate near maadi! i hope the government doesnt make restrictions on that too!

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonomod, if your post is a response to my question, and its quite hard to tell if it is, its way off base.
However, since the individual I was asking chose not to respond in a polite nor informative nor helpful way, I have nothing further to say about it.
Just as a hint...a lot of the "cultural aspects" and "behaviors" in Egypt are not Islamic.

Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's wrong with hanging out at the bridges and corniches? It is very popular in Europe, also around old buildings and historical sites if any available. I saw a lot of people of both sexes running loose in Cairo wherever I went, just like everywhere else. I personally strongly, I mean very very very much dislike any public places 'available' to the mere mortals for the simple reason of lil satans, I means unruly angels AKA kiddies running around creating havoc and making noises that the most severe chamber of Medieval tortures would not be ashamed of. I also do not like sun. That's why I look young and beautiful. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Ps. Yes, I do sleep hanging up side down, so what? [Big Grin]

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey Karah mia.. girl I miss your humour!!
hope all is well with you.. [Smile]

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
hey Karah mia.. girl I miss your humour!!
hope all is well with you.. [Smile]

All is good, thank you! Miss you too. Maybe, just maybe, we will finally meet in the same space and cyber time so we can talk... [Big Grin]
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol.. i hope so.. inshallah when I am headed back to Dublin, we will surely meet then [Smile]
Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Sonomod, if your post is a response to my question, and its quite hard to tell if it is, its way off base.
However, since the individual I was asking chose not to respond in a polite nor informative nor helpful way, I have nothing further to say about it.
Just as a hint...a lot of the "cultural aspects" and "behaviors" in Egypt are not Islamic.

No I was responding to Asooma.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com