EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » See how Aspartame effects pregnancies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: See how Aspartame effects pregnancies
Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Nooralhaq20055     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The research found that the sweetener was associated with unusually high rates of lymphomas, leukemias and other cancers in rats that had been given doses of it starting at what would be equivalent to four to five 20-ounce bottles of diet soda a day for a 150-pound person.

The study, which involved 1,900 laboratory rats and cost $1 million, was conducted at the European Ramazzini Foundation of Oncology and Environmental Sciences, a nonprofit organization that studies cancer-causing substances; Dr. Soffritti is its scientific director.

See also How Aspartame effects pregnancies:
http://www.soundandfury.tv/pages/blaylock.html

Posts: 1074 | From: Menufia, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I've been reading about artificial sweeteners and pregnancies. None are recommended. Even sucralose which health food folks like Dr. Weil are promoting (*if* you must use artificial sweeteners).
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nooralhaq20055:

So you be careful Noor [Wink]

But hey that's a good thing about Shebin El-koom.. They never heard of the bloody thing. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mooneal
Member # 8782

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mooneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
U made me very scared.
Posts: 810 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
quote:

But hey that's a good thing about Shebin El-koom.. They never heard of the bloody thing. [Big Grin]

If Noor was in Shebin she wouldn't have to fear. My daughter's pediatrician went to med school in the USA. Whenever I sit down and talk with him I am happily surprised that he agrees with me on a number of things thus removing a lot of my SIL traditional opions. Plus he does stay very current with American Pediatrics Association. He moved back to Egypt after his wife demanded it.

Not all things in Shebin are bad. [Frown]

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nooralhaq20055     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Thanks MyKingdom, I sure have missed you! [Wink]
Aspertame is in a lot of things, diet drinks, gum, etc. I had a friend a while back who kept getting these headaches, she was told from another friend to cut out certain things she was ingesting with aspertame, ONE WEEK later the headaches stopped completely and she refuses to put anything in her mouth without reading the ingredients. Scary~

Posts: 1074 | From: Menufia, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

They don't sell diet Coke there? [Wink]
Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Aspertame is in a lot of things, diet drinks, gum, etc.

Thanks for saying this because sometimes while I'm only joking I forget that some people take the information literally and seriously.

Some more infor about artificial sweeteners http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-sweeteners.html

Always check the lables.. Always..

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia:

At least not on the scale you would imagine.. Really!

But they don't have lanes at all that's for sure [Razz]

Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think stuff with aspertame in it tastes wierd.
I really cant drink any diet drink because of the funny taste.Ah well full fat for a full fatty!
Well I use brown sugar ,palm sugar or condensed milk in my coffe and cooking- a habitI never got over after indonesia!

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nooralhaq20055     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

LOL [Razz]
Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Melati:
I think stuff with aspertame in it tastes wierd.
I really cant drink any diet drink because of the funny taste.Ah well full fat for a full fatty!
Well I use brown sugar ,palm sugar or condensed milk in my coffe and cooking- a habitI never got over after indonesia!

hey speaking of Brown Sugar, I can't seem to find it, is it here in Egypt at all??? Please don't tell me I have to go to Cairo [Roll Eyes]
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
hey speaking of Brown Sugar, I can't seem to find it, is it here in Egypt at all??? Please don't tell me I have to go to Cairo [Roll Eyes]

Sadly probably yes.

But you can also make it. Check the Cooking thread, they had the recipe posted once.

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

At least not on the scale you would imagine.. Really!

Strangely enough, plenty of that "other cola" and the same bottled cola that I buy in laundromats here in Minnepolis.
Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
humming_bug
Member # 10245

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for humming_bug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mey not know soft drinks, specifically those dispensed through a fountain and filed with ice in fast food restorants and convinience stores expose your body to more health-harming bacteria than toilet water! [Frown]

http://news.tbo.com/news/metro/MGBQOZP9MJE.html

Posts: 5 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eyeonjannah
Member # 9502

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for eyeonjannah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://aishahsjourney.blogspot.com/2005/12/aspartame-kills.html

--------------------
If I am right, it is from Allah; if wrong, it is from me. I ask Allah Almighty to protect you and me from errors and from all that displease Him. "Al-Hamdu-lillahi rabbil-alameen"

Posts: 10 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am getting right now away from any kind of soft drinks (anything what comes with "bubbles") as it is said to upset the stomach. Also I am avoiding coffee now for a good two weeks incl. coffee creamer and sweetener. I was drinking it for many years but always felt side effects. I am sticking to Peppermint tea and water which is definitely much healthier for me.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by *Tigerlily*:
I am getting right now away from any kind of soft drinks (anything what comes with "bubbles") as it is said to upset the stomach. Also I am avoiding coffee now for a good two weeks incl. coffee creamer and sweetener. I was drinking it for many years but always felt side effects. I am sticking to Peppermint tea and water which is definitely much healthier for me.

I try not to drink soft drinks either, if I do have one it is quite a treat but even then I can only drink a few sips, after that I feel myself overdosing on sugar ~
_XX_
Member # 10256

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _XX_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Also Teflon linked to birth defects and illness

The coating on non-stick pans used in millions of kitchens throughout the world has been linked to birth defects in humans and to the deaths of pets.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2006-02-15-epa-teflon-carcinogen_x.htm

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/apscience_story.asp?category=1500&slug=EPA%20Teflon

Posts: 375 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think anything these days will kill you
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Except for jam, of course. [Big Grin] [Wink]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH OF COURSE!!! [Razz] [Razz]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

As long as it's aspartame free, though... [Big Grin]
_XX_
Member # 10256

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _XX_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Sudan 1 scandal that saw nearly 500 products swept from supermarket shelves left many of us deeply confused about the quality of what we eat. The crisis exposed how fancy food packaging can disguise hidden dangers. We take a look at what additives are safe and what to avoid.

Monosodium Glutamate E621 (Flavouring)
Not banned anywhere.

Commonly used in savoury processed foods. Research suggests it destroys nerve cells in the brain and might be linked with aggravating or accelerating Huntington's, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases. Causes cancer, DNA damage and foetal abnormalities in animals. Affects hyperactive children.

Aspartame E951(Sweetener)
US Air Force pilots are banned from drinking soft drinks containing it.

200 times sweeter than sugar. Might cause neurological damage, especially in younger children where the brain is still developing. Breaks down in the body to phenylalanine (a neurotoxin that cause seizures), aspartic acid (damages the developing brain) and methanol (turns into formaldehyde).
Crosses the placental barrier from mother to baby, even in small doses. Implicated in diseases such as multiple sclerosis and Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Might contribute to obesity. Manufacturers insist it is safe.

Acesulphame K E950(Sweetener)
Not banned anywhere.

200 times sweeter than sugar. Causes cancer in animals. Linked to hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar), lung tumours, increased cholesterol and leukaemia. Might contribute to obesity.

Saccharine E954(Sweetener)
Banned in Germany, Spain, Portugal, Hungary, France, Malaysia, Zimbabwe, Fiji, Peru, Israel, Taiwan.

350 times sweeter than sugar. Might interfere with blood coagulation, blood sugar levels and digestive function. Causes cancer of the bladder, uterus, ovaries, skin and blood vessels in animals. Has been linked to DNA damage and congenital abnormalities in animals. Might contribute to obesity.

Sodium Benzoate E211(Preservative)
Not banned anywhere.

Commonly used in soft drinks, meat products, baked goods, lollies. Aggravates asthma and suspected to be a neurotoxin and carcinogen, and to cause foetal abnormalities. Affects hyperactive children.

Sulphur Dioxide E220(Preservative)
Not banned anywhere.

Commonly used in soft drinks, dried fruit, juices, cordials and potato products. Known to provoke gastric irritation, nausea, diarrhoea, asthma attacks, skin rashes. Destroys vitamin B1. Causes foetal abnormalities and DNA damage in animals.

Quinoline Yellow E104(Colouring)
Banned in the US, Japan, Australia and Norway. UK use restricted to max. permitted levels.

Commonly used in soft drinks, ice-creams, desserts, confectionery and sauces. Linked to asthma, rashes and hyperactivity. Potential carcinogen in animals: implicated in bladder and liver cancer. Also shown to affect the reproductive system in animals.

Sunset Yellow E110(Colouring)
Banned in Norway, Finland and Sweden. UK use restricted to max. permitted levels.

Commonly used in sweets, snack foods, ice-creams and drinks. Possible link to cancer and DNA damage. Increased incidence of tumours in animals.

Carmoisine E122(Colouring)
Banned in US, Norway, Austria, Sweden and Japan. UK use restricted to max. permitted levels.

Commonly used in sweets. Causes DNA damage and tumours in animals.

Ponceau 4R E124(Colouring)
Banned in US, Canada, Norway, Sweden and Japan. UK use restricted to max. permitted levels.

Commonly used in soft drinks, ice-creams, confectionery and desserts. Banned in the US as a carcinogen. Causes DNA damage and tumours in animals. Can produce bad reactions in asthmatics.

Indigo Carmine E132(Colouring)
Banned in the US, Japan, Australia and Norway. UK use restricted to max. permitted levels.

Commonly used in ice-creams, sweets, baked goods, confectionery, biscuits. Might cause nausea, vomiting, skin rashes, breathing problems and brain tumours. Causes DNA damage and tumours in animals.

Brilliant Blue E133 (Colouring)
Banned in British Commonwealth 1972-1980. Currently banned in Austria, Belgium, France, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and Germany. UK use restricted to max. permitted levels.

Commonly used in dairy products, sweets and drinks. Linked to hyperactivity and skin rashes. Listed as human carcinogen by the US Environmental Protection Agency. Causes DNA damage and tumours in animals.

*All of the Dirty Dozen are prohibited in the UK for foods marketed for children under 36 months.

*All details of dangers are drawn from scientific studies. Other studies might not show the same effects and many claims are strongly contested by manufacturers.
Guide: The dirty dozen food additives

Soft drinks linked to cancer

Soft drinks contribute to early aging.

Posts: 375 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_XX_
Member # 10256

Rate Member
You may recall the work of Dr. Morando Soffritti and his international team of researchers who uncovered the link between aspartame and leukemia. Last fall, we received the first tidbits about his long-term study of aspartame on rats and more horrible health risks.

Finally, Dr. Soffritti's final study is available (study link below), and the news is as bad as one could expect. The carcinogenic effect of aspartame was found at levels as low as 400 parts per million, or about 20 milligrams a day for humans. No surprise, that's far lower than current daily limits in America (50 milligrams) and the UK (40 milligrams).

Considering more than 200 million people consume aspartame in their foods, drinks, vitamins and toothpaste, among other things, and their exposure to it begins in the womb, there's no telling how big the problem truly is.

http://www.ehponline.org/members/2005/8711/8711.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/12/business/yourmoney/12sweet

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com