EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » What's behind our own curtains?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's behind our own curtains?
mooneal
Member # 8782

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mooneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find it precious enough to deal it with u whether u agree with me or not. I’m curious of ur experience and opinions.
This time I’m thinking how much support of ur family and friends is important for our mind and soul and how much ur past experience influences ur present life.
I must admit that I meet very sensitive, wanting to develop and see what’s behind curtains people in my life.
To make it closer, I tell u what happened 2 days ago when we were discussing life in general with my friends. One person ( doesn’t matter a man or a woman) started crying and told me that still remember being hurt … at school when a teacher told they’re not good enough. More, the teacher said they’re stupid. Better don’t try to get better education because u won’t succeed. Their parents died. Completely alone. There was nobody to support them and tell about it.
“The teacher? Not a girlfriend or a boyfriend? U feel so broken because of the teacher?” – I asked. It was important for them.
They spent all their life to prove that they deserve. It’s sad but I’m proud of them. They don’t cheat.
U know, I also heard that I’m so sensitive, so romantic. If I don’t harden myself I will not survive. It was said – surprisingly – from my Polish language teacher and a doctor of Romanticism years later. Here am I. don’t complain. Next studies. I cope with life quite well. My polish language teacher from high school also hurt me that time. I always got good grades from her but her attitude toward me was horrible. U’re too romantic. But I have always had a person I can talk about it and they told me that there is something not good with the person.
Now the story begins.
Later my Polish language teacher revealed the story of her life. She said that during the II WW she loved –fully- a man. He was a soldier. She saw his death. They shoot him. She saw it.
Everytime when I was hurt I came to my mother or friend and said about it. They helped me a lot. Ignore him or her, look at his life etc. Such a star to tell u what to do? They gave me support. My friend didn’t have it. And now, as a 30-ish started crying. I was shocked that’s why I’m writing about it.

That’s why I answered my friend in the same words as I was protected: “How can, a person with such huge problems himself, herself - also with the feeling they are masters of this world, tell u who u are? Look around. Now u’re grown up and see it from ur perspective. And don’t make yourself being controlled by a person who was with u many years ago. U perceived them as a guru but now u can see that they also made mistakes.

Perhaps I wasn’t clear enough but I hope that I was “enough” to understand what I’m writing about.
Take care

Posts: 810 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
most people who criticize and put others down have serious problems in their life- and what they are doing is just a form of projection. but unfortunatly the victims dont realize that, and let the words haunt them for a long time.
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very poignant, 7ayat. That makes perfect sense.

quote:
Originally posted by 7ayat- nefsi fe molokheya:
most people who criticize and put others down have serious problems in their life- and what they are doing is just a form of projection. but unfortunatly the victims dont realize that, and let the words haunt them for a long time.

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Madame Mohamed:
Very poignant, 7ayat. That makes perfect sense.

quote:

yeah it does, and its somthing i understand perfectly because i've been bullied so much in my life especially during high school [Smile]
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was never "bullied" in my life until now. I've always gotten along with everyone because I try to stay out of trouble and others' business. I try to be friendly with those who are friendly to me and keep my distance from those who aren't so friendly. It bothers me to have to defend myself to perfect strangers. I come to this forum to share experiences I've had and to gain knowledge from others' experiences. To have a laugh now and then. Unfortunately it seems lately it's not as many laughs as before [Frown]
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Madame Mohamed:
I was never "bullied" in my life until now. I've always gotten along with everyone because I try to stay out of trouble and others' business. I try to be friendly with those who are friendly to me and keep my distance from those who aren't so friendly. It bothers me to have to defend myself to perfect strangers. I come to this forum to share experiences I've had and to gain knowledge from others' experiences. To have a laugh now and then. Unfortunately it seems lately it's not as many laughs as before [Frown]

well i know what you mean, but bullies never invite this kind of behaviour. i was always nice to people too and yet it still happened.
but i think you shouldnt be hurt from what is being said on this forum. put in mind that this is just a public forum, with many people who have never met each other, and probably never will. people who insult you here, dont really know you and therefore there insults are meaningless. just ingore it, and enjoy the rest of the forum inshallah [Smile]

Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Thank you for your kindness, 7ayat [Smile] You're exactly right in what you say. I've made a decision to no longer entertain others with explanations. I feel I've been wasting my breath (so to speak) defending and explaining myself to people who don't even know me.
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

what the hell are u talking about?! You're clueless. I have no problems in my real life!

ok ok ... bad joke. [Razz]

Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by _Masrawi_:
quote:

what the hell are u talking about?! You're clueless. I have no problems in my real life!

ok ok ... bad joke. [Razz]

Hey Masrawi, she is right, but only if she is fair enough to mean by that the people who really do that and bash others who are so innocent and happy and kid and have so nice lives and the ones who do that, find nothing wrong about the happy people but their physical shape to use as weapon though it is not, and 'those people' go further by blaming people for having legal """"legitimate"""" stable family life, while 'those people' have an """""illegitimate"""" lives according to their culture and religion....

Do I make a point ?

It is like when a prostitute bad-mouth a nun for being so holy ... [Frown]

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com