EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Quarantine for pets

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Quarantine for pets
setithefirst
Member # 1039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for setithefirst     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all,

I am moving to Egypt from America and want to bring my cat. Can anyone tell me how long he would have to stay in quaratine? Is is a good or bad idea to even bring him?

Any answers would be great.

Thanks

Posts: 67 | From: Philadelphia, Pa usa | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't *think* (but could be wrong) that there is a quarantine in Egypt...just have to make sure you have all vaccinations/rabies/whatever cats get, and the official documentation to back that up.
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
setithefirst here it's a link...hope it's useful:
http://www.el-shella.com/travel/pets_egypt.htm

Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
setithefirst
Member # 1039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for setithefirst     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thnks for the info!!!
Posts: 67 | From: Philadelphia, Pa usa | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No quarantine in Egypt for your pet if you satisfy Egyptian requirements on importing an animal. Please check with your closest EG Embassy/Consulate for detailed information.

I wish you and your pet a safe trip and a wonderful stay in Egypt! [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ViVaLaDiVa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lmao @quarantine..they have never heared of it here..I was also worried when i brought my puppy with me i got all the documents with me i spent lotssss of money on them and the passport la la la,at the end when i arrived and i showed the documents the guy didnt even know what the heck is that,just took a look and said bye.And no,its not exceptional coz every time i travel (like 4-5 times a yr) the same happens.
What u MUST bring is ur vaccination booklet.Just in case .Thats it.Good luck to u [Smile]

Posts: 140 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com