EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Madonna's Hangup

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Madonna's Hangup
AceSpade
Member # 3954

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AceSpade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Madonna has recently released a song called (Hang up)

The music in it sounds very familiar and reminds me of my childhood!

Does anyone know who sang on this music before?

Posts: 65 | From: Cairo | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea it is the same music of Mor Be of Fayrouz.

--------------------
No papa! No mama! No whisky soda!

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Corvinous:

So now that she is getting old she is recruiting local song writers.

Of course now that she has pilfered a Arab classic other western artists will do the same........

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AceSpade:

The music in it sounds very familiar and reminds me of my childhood!

ABBA.....
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FUBAR
Member # 8177

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FUBAR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES .. i'll put you out of your misery ,,, it's ABBA's song " gimme a man after midnight "
she practically begged ABBA for the copyright .
cheers

--------------------
http://www.walklikeanegyptian.dr.ag/

Posts: 49 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AceSpade
Member # 3954

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AceSpade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks FUBAR
I really liked the idea of her begging ABBA for using it.
It seems that she ran out of talented people.

--------------------
Taroo2

Posts: 65 | From: Cairo | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Ya lahwi!
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
her maj
Member # 10299

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for her maj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
quote:

Ya lahwi!
Ya Lahwi...........
Does one sing this in the chorus?
One met Madonna in Rome. One was having an audience with the pope and he introduced one to this rather fetching lady standing in the corner of the room. I believe he called her Madonna.
She did not sing whilst I was there!!??
She seemed a bit stiff? Maybe she was in awe at meeting my husband and I?

Posts: 115 | From: Buckingham Palace | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
her maj
Member # 10299

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for her maj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does one know that she was named after one?

Madge.....
I am Her Royal Maj

Posts: 115 | From: Buckingham Palace | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHH HAARGGGGGGGGGGhhhhhhhha
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have we been sipping grandpa's old cough medicine again?
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
quote:
Originally posted by Corvinous:

So now that she is getting old she is recruiting local song writers.

Of course now that she has pilfered a Arab classic other western artists will do the same........

lots of western artists do it, if you listen to the average hip hop radio station for more than an hour youll hear the influences. i dont liek that music myself but its there all the same
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by _Masrawi_:
have we been sipping grandpa's old cough medicine again?

It is high octane and super voltage after all... [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by H.R.H elizabeth windsor:
quote:
quote:

Ya lahwi!
Ya Lahwi...........

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YES [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by H.R.H elizabeth windsor:
quote:
quote:

Ya lahwi!
Ya Lahwi...........
One met Madonna in Rome. One was having an audience with the pope and he introduced one to this rather fetching lady standing in the corner of the room. I believe he called her Madonna.
She did not sing whilst I was there!!??
She seemed a bit stiff? Maybe she was in awe at meeting my husband and I?

wow i can see that youre big fan of Smeagol in Lord of the rings.. One knows more than you think [Wink]
Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com