EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Does Evil Exist? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Does Evil Exist?
lemonspice
Member # 5667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemonspice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does Evil Exist?

Author Unknown

"Does evil exist?" The university professor challenged his students with this question. "Did God create everything that exists?"

A student bravely replied "Yes, he did!"

"God created everything?" The professor asked.

"Yes sir", the student replied.

The professor answered, "If God created everything, then God created evil since evil exists, and according to the principal that our works define who we are then God is evil".

The student became quiet before such an answer.

The professor was quite pleased with himself and boasted to the students that he had proven once more that the Christian faith was a myth.

Another student raised his hand and said, "Can I ask you a question professor?"

"Of course", replied the professor.

The student stood up and asked, "Professor, does cold exist?"

"What kind of question is this? Of course it exists. Have you never been cold?"

The students snickered at the young man's question. The young man replied, "In fact sir, cold does not exist. According to the laws of physics, what we consider cold is in reality the absence of heat.

Everybody or object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy. Absolute zero (- 460 degrees F) is the total absence of heat; all matter becomes inert and incapable of reaction at that temperature.

Cold does not exist. We have created this word to describe how we feel if we have no heat.

The student continued. "Professor, does darkness exist?"

The professor responded, "Of course it does".

The student replied, "Once again you are wrong sir, darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in reality the absence of light. Light we can study, but not darkness. In fact we can use Newton's prism to break white light into many colors and study the various wavelengths of each color. You cannot measure darkness. A simple ray of light can break into a world of darkness and illuminate it. How can you know how dark a certain space is? You measure the amount of light present. Isn't this correct? Darkness is a term used by man to describe what happens when there is no light present."

Finally the young man asked the professor. "Sir, does evil exist?"

Now uncertain, the professor responded, "Of course as I have already said. We see it every day. It is in the daily example of man's inhumanity to man. It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. These manifestations are nothing else but evil."

To this the student replied, "Evil does not exist sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God.

It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is not like faith, or love that exist just as does light and heat. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light."

The professor sat down.

The young man's name --- Albert Einstein.

Posts: 604 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ezayek ya lemon, are you back in egypt?
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! I love this. Thanks so much for posting it.
[Smile]

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lemonspice:
Does Evil Exist?

Of course it does..

It's a tower in Paris ..

(ha Ngeg?)

[Big Grin]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mooneal
Member # 8782

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mooneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[…] If God created the world and the world contains evil, then didn’t God create evil? If so, then isn’t God responsible for evil? So why blame me? If the product is broken, the fault lies with the manufacturer. […]

The eco-spirituality theorists fare no better. […] But then [we see] the same problem: if nature (via evolution) produced humans, and humans produced the ozone hole, then didn’t nature produce the ozone hole? If not, then there is some part of humans that is not part of nature […]http://www.timboucher.com/journal/2005/07/21/ken-wilber-critique-part-5/

Posts: 810 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, nature did produce the ozone hole. we are natural... and it wasnt just us... i believe those bloody cows have an awfull lot to answer for... filthy animals!!
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mooneal
Member # 8782

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mooneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny. Provocative. A scapegoat? Let me continue... Who? We or God? Animals?
Posts: 810 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
......err...yea....erm..Mooneal, pass the joint to the left yea.
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problem is pigs who think they are funny.
Its either the meat market, Denmark or a farm in Texas Charm, take your pick?

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karena
Member # 9835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karena     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"pass the joint to the left yea."

Hi Charm, Great Song: Pass the Duchy on the left hand side, sang by Chris Carline, thought you might like this bit of boring info!!!!

Posts: 200 | From: uk | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Hey Hore.... get back to the politics thread and defend yourself loser!!!

i love the fact that you GENUINLY believe you are conversing with a pig...

thick as pig ****!

mooneal
Member # 8782

Member Rated:
Please, stop it. Those answers I asked can't be answered right now. Many scientists have been trying. There is still no answer. It is deep in our spirit and body.
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am conversing with a pig, everyone on the board knows that. Possibly a two legged pig, but a pig none the less.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
pigs are intelligent. you are not. i have to say i find it amusing Hore, that when faced with intelligent argument you drag up these same 'pig' posts. do you learn this from your students? i bet they've got some colorful names for you!!!
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Most of my students have at least a basic background in American history and thought, you, on the other hand , do not. Sorry little piggy.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
thank goodness for small mercies. Hore.. your insults are a pathetic attempt at self preservation. you are jumping between forums where you are trying (and failing) to defend your argument on a political subject, so you come here to name call.... not very well i might add! you have referred to me being a pig more than a dozen times... can you not come up with something intelligent or at the very least amusing???
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
hey Charm, if the shoe fits , wear it. If it looks like a pig, talks like a pig and walks like a pig...it must be a damn pig. I never said you had four legs.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
oh dear dear Hore... are you wearing your mothers skin again?
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Horemheb:
hey Charm, if the shoe fits , wear it. If it looks like a pig, talks like a pig and walks like a pig...it must be a damn pig. I never said you had four legs.

Danta 3'ilis awi!

W mesh hatargemlak ana ba2ool eeh ya 3'ilis, di forum masreyyah wenta hena malakash shoghl.

Ya 3'ilis!

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Excuse me?
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Thats over your head piglet, don't worry about it.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
quote:

Danta 3'ilis awi!

W mesh hatargemlak ana ba2ool eeh ya 3'ilis, di forum masreyyah wenta hena malakash shoghl.

Ya 3'ilis!

Translate for the Arabic-challenged? [Big Grin]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
i dont worry about it. in fact i think it speaks volumes. the fact that i dont speak that language does not belittle my intelligence. the fact that people choose to use it against me shows there ignorance. i bet when you fall out with your friends you lean into someones ear saying "whisper whisper whisper whisper... laugh". Losers.
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Q: What kind of teacher is on the internet all day long?
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i still cant understand how the conversation went from the existence of Evil to pigs.. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Answer: The kind that teaches three classes per week, one of which is online.

M-W 430-6PM United States to 1877

Tu 6-9PM United States to 1877

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Those who can, do... those who cant, teach... those who can only teach 4 and a half hours a week.... spout racist drivel on ES. i have spent too long on ES today, i am now going out. Hore, in my absence im sure you will post many insulting remarks....er..about pigs?! do get a life. oh.. and a job!
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
what do pigs know about teaching American history charm? You should take one of my classes, I've never taught a frickin Pig.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Horemhed

How are you ? is been a long time, I did not know that you were a teatcher

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Doing great Anissa, how is everything in France?

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

Gulfy
Member # 10089

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gulfy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Danta 3'ilis awi! W mesh hatargemlak ana ba2ool eeh ya 3'ilis, di forum masreyyah wenta hena malakash shoghl.
Ya 3'ilis!"

al-rajel dah mushkilah owaissah. biyatsawarli howah rajel 3ajouz ma3indoush hajah taniya ya3mallah ghair al-hibab al-li beyoktobu hina.

Posts: 299 | From: Dubai | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doing great Anissa, how is everything in France?

I don not live in France I do live in UK, if I do have any questions about American history I will send you a message so. I have to leave now, see you

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Gulfy:
al-hibab

ROFL

7ellllllwah min Kuwaiti giddddddannn! [Big Grin]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:
i dont worry about it. in fact i think it speaks volumes. the fact that i dont speak that language does not belittle my intelligence. the fact that people choose to use it against me shows there ignorance. i bet when you fall out with your friends you lean into someones ear saying "whisper whisper whisper whisper... laugh". Losers.

Aa ya 7marah!

FYI I was defending you ya 7marah!

( I even think you haven't noticed it's not this Hore who posted this!!!! [Roll Eyes] )

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
quote:
quote:

Danta 3'ilis awi!

Ya 3'ilis!

Translate for the Arabic-challenged? [Big Grin]
Only for your eyes Snoozin, a translation of my post:

You're so obnoxious!

And I won't translate [Roll Eyes] what I'm saying for you obnoxious, as this is an Egyptian forum and you have no business here.

You (abnoxious)obnoxious!

_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
obnoxious
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a cartoon a while back, "stonesoup" (can't create a hyperlink because www.ucomics.com only holds their cartoons for 2 weeks.) noted how Einstein's wife had colaborated with Albert on his only innovative "fresh" work. After that most of his work was basically commenting on other scientists work or work that proved later to be completely false.

In the end EMC=2 could've very well been the work of Einstein's wife, not Albert himself.

Many great accomplishments of the past have been proved to be the discoveries of their spouses, not the actual husband scientist who took credit for the work.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lemonspice, if you come to ES youre hundred percent sure that evil exist [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
lemonspice, if you come to ES youre hundred percent sure that evil exist [Roll Eyes]

hihihi [Wink] [Razz]
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemonspice
Member # 5667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemonspice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excuse me Serendipity?? Why would u say such a thing?!!
Posts: 604 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by _Masrawi_:
obnoxious

Ya lahwi!! [Embarrassed]

I forgot to mention that I always say abnoxious because of an old joke we had as medical students..

It's so stuck in my mind that I now only use the word abnoxious..

Thank you for waking me up!!

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Only for your eyes Snoozin, a translation of my post

Heh heh. Thank you. [Smile]

I get my husband to look over my shoulder and tell me what people are writing, and it's all curse words! [Big Grin] [Razz] He was freaking out over Corv talking to AhmedSoufy on one thread. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:

sorry lemonspice.. sometimes you really get sick of all the fighting around here... everybodys fighting.. and for the silliest things.
and ppl attack eachother on the cruelest way ever.
anyways.. nothing i can do just step away

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
i have PMd my kingdom to say sorry for calling her a loser. i wrongly thought she was atacking me when it was quite the opposite. unfortunatly i dont have someone to translate for me!!!

i did once type something out (i think it was from the above mentioned thread) and asked my egy-man to translate... he refused, but wanted to know who on earth i had been talking to!!

MousseT
Member # 9226

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MousseT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

sorry lemonspice.. sometimes you really get sick of all the fighting around here... everybodys fighting.. and for the silliest things.
and ppl attack eachother on the cruelest way ever.
anyways.. nothing i can do just step away

I do the same Seren, I try to take the best out of anybody and always think positive... but sometimes it is so uslessly destructive here [Frown]
Anyway let's keep our good mood today!
Ciao Sara! [Smile]

Posts: 285 | From: Milano, Italy | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
[Smile] ciao MousseT .. I hope one day I can visit Italy. its my big dream!!
my father went to rome and he still cant stop talking about amazing it is.

btw, you made my day with your last post [Big Grin]

MousseT
Member # 9226

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MousseT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[Smile] ciao MousseT .. I hope one day I can visit Italy. its my big dream!!
my father went to rome and he still cant stop talking about amazing it is.

btw, you made my day with your last post [Big Grin]

You are welcome any day. Please come!!!! And Rome is really amazing, the atmosphere is magic, and you breathe history in every corner... and Rome is so much fun in the night LOL [Wink]

PS: I also like Johnny Depp, but great Freddie Mercury was the sexiest hottest man on earth for me! (Everybody tells me: strange tastes! but I loooooooved him and his ambiguity)

Posts: 285 | From: Milano, Italy | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate Freddie Mercury [Mad]
Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
misfit
Member # 8880

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, going back to the original subject.. it seems to me that Mr Einestein who allegedly was the hero of this story has probably missed one little thing? that unlike heat and light which did not knowingly creat cold and darkness because they couldn't possibly think or have a will, god *deliberately* created satan (shaitan)!
satan was not a by-product of god as in the case of heat or light, satan is a special design by god, same as humans, designed not just randomly but for a purpose.
satan is accused of actively spreading evil, so evil is a product of the work of the devil not the absence of god who created it, unless of course god has created it to test our faith as is typically claimed, but then again it was god who created evil for a purpose of his own, and to believe in god is to believe that evil exists as well.
you can not believe in god and deny that he created the devil can you!

Posts: 956 | From: nowhere | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
misfit
Member # 8880

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so, no one wants to carry on a big debate about god and the devil, good and evil?

it's alright then, i love Freddie Mercury.. very disappointed at him but can't help to love him, he was too talented for me to hate or dislike.
may god have mercy on his troubled soul.

Posts: 956 | From: nowhere | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com