EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » hairdresser (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: hairdresser
sweetgirl
Member # 10158

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweetgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hii i wanna know some professionals hairdressers in cairo
Posts: 15 | From: egypt | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farstar
Member # 9772

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check on Heidi in Maadi..

I am a male, but just heard that she is good [Smile]

Posts: 275 | From: the Globe | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
try ahmed and abdou, jaque de sange, or mohamed el soghayar
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ask Khadiga El-Gammal...... [Wink]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Paint Me As I Am:
What is the average price to pay just for a Trim?

about 30 LE
Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is a trim?
Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just only about one centremetre off the ends-enough to get the ends neat without being a new style or very shortened.But most hairdressers translate 1 centimetre to about 5!!!LOL.
Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Melati:
But most hairdressers translate 1 centimetre to about 5!!!LOL.

Very true! [Mad]
Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Melati!

I only went once to the hairdresser's. The guy did a good job. My friends said he was one of the best hairdressers in Cairo, but I can't remember his name.
Before, a girl shampooed my hair...oh my God, I almost cried!!! I think it was the first time she did that, it was painful. She didn't use conditioner either, so when she started to brush my hair...again, so painful...
What also surprised me the most was the number of people working in this salon. More "hairdressers" than clients, you couldn't do a move without hitting someone.

Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I mean after hearing all complaining that it's so hard to find a good Western hairdresser in Cairo or even Egypt (I could tell a long and sad story too) I'd say this is a good marketing idea for someone who wants to open up an own business. But is it difficult to get a licence and more so how do you get your supplies shipped to Egypt? I don't think that even the best Egyptian hairdressers only work with products made in Egypt to achieve the best quality in hairdressing.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by *Tigerlily*:
I mean after hearing all complaining that it's so hard to find a good Western hairdresser in Cairo or even Egypt (I could tell a long and sad story too) I'd say this is a good marketing idea for someone who wants to open up an own business.

Why does it have to be a Western hairdresser?

I usually go to a small Egyptian salon, I'm probably the only foreigner that ever set foot in there, lol, but I'm very happy with the way they cut my hair.

I only got two really bad haircuts in Cairo, one was actually at Mohammed Sagheer's which is supposed to be one of the best ...

Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hairdressers can be torture! I once had to get may hair done for a wedding ( in jakkarta) and I listened to my cousin in law about the best hairdresser, it was really upmarket in a 5 star hotel etc. And then she wonder why I was doubtful when I saw the guy had a BIG poster of him doing margaret thatchers hairdo-I think maybe he photoshopped it I dont know.Worst haircut EVER. I cried.The humidity made it so bad too.And I look like the village idiot in the photos LOL. I think I would have done better going out on the street to the satay seller man and asking HIM to give hairdressing a try!At least he cut his satay bits straight!!!.
Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ViVaLaDiVa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was at Mohamed Sogheer a week ago and compared to the other places i have tried here in cairo i was quite satisfied.Im not saying its the same as in Europe but not bad..I had highlights and cut.So i think u should give it a try.
Bests

Posts: 140 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetgirl
Member # 10158

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweetgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
who is in mohamed el sogheer that is good in cutting and drying the hair ?
and wt about kriss and michel?

Posts: 15 | From: egypt | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sweetgirl:
and wt about kriss and michel?

I'v heard Kriss was goed but I've never been there.

I always went to Ahmad wa Abdou but the last time my sister was there they give her a terrible hair color and fooled her to pay 700 LE!! She was so mad because, although it wasn't the sum that bugged her, it's the attitude, since they mentioned another price in the beginning, and then claimed to have done things she didn't ask for.

Ask for the price prior to the treatment and clearly state that you are not paying more than that even if they give you Khadiga el-gammal's hairdo.. ( I would tip them for that though [Big Grin] )

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ViVaLaDiVa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh with Ahmed and Abdou i also had a terrible experience they totally destroyed my hair.I was going with my husband who told them i need highlights.They made totally different things and dyed my hair totally to brown..I was so mad i called my husband who came back and made a fight so the owner (or Ahmed or Abdou) started to finish my hair and at the end they cherged us 500le.this was like 2 yrs ago.so i dont recommend that place at all.
Kriss in korba,well i was there and i had a hair extention,that i wanted to remove and get highlights as well.When he looked at my extra hair he didnt know what the hell on earth is that he said he will cut it but i wont b able to put it back again.This extra hair was sewed for me and i had it made in Hungary and when my real hair grows a little they remove it and sew it back to the top again.easy easy.Oh and why i said this i almost forgot,coz i was told that since this Kriss is a lebanese guy he is so and so wow and high class and bla bla bla.Na,he was so high class that i didnt even sit in his chair.
About Mohamed Sogheer,my highlights were done by ^Sameh^ he made a good job and he speaks little english.U will like the place coz its clean and kinda classy..So, good luck and tell us ur results [Smile]

Posts: 140 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have an emergency here.

Anyone got Khadiga el-Gammal's mobile phone number?

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ViVaLaDiVa:
Kriss in korba. When he looked at my extra hair he didnt know what the hell on earth is that he said he will cut it but i wont b able to put it back again.

I once read an interview with him, and he was saying that in order to become a known and successful hairdresser in Egypt, being "Lebanese" is enough. Egyptians go nuts for anything from there.

Ain't need no qualifications, ain't need no training, ain't need no experience, ain't need no nothing, if you're Lebanese.

No wonder he didn't have any diagnosis for what was on your head!!

What an idiot.
[Roll Eyes]

Salon Paul
Member # 10414

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Salon Paul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SALON PAUL
The official Hairstylist for Miss Egypt 2006
Paulo our top Italian Hairdresser is here now
(see interview at Enigma Magazine Feb issue)

44 Adan Street Mohandessen Cairo
Call us at 7493615 or Mob : 012-3212500

Posts: 20 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
quote:
Originally posted by ViVaLaDiVa:
Kriss in korba. When he looked at my extra hair he didnt know what the hell on earth is that he said he will cut it but i wont b able to put it back again.

I once read an interview with him, and he was saying that in order to become a known and successful hairdresser in Egypt, being "Lebanese" is enough. Egyptians go nuts for anything from there.

Ain't need no qualifications, ain't need no training, ain't need no experience, ain't need no nothing, if you're Lebanese.

No wonder he didn't have any diagnosis for what was on your head!!

What an idiot.
[Roll Eyes]

yeah thats true, and it really bugs me! why are egyptians so obsessed with the lebanese? besides i've been to that jerk kriss with my friend and he was arrogant and gave her a terrible hair cut!
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Salon Paul
Member # 10414

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Salon Paul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SALON PAUL
The official Hairstylist for Miss Egypt 2006
Paulo a Top Italian Hairdresser is here now
(see interview at Enigma Magazine Feb 2006 issue)

44 Adan Street Mohandessen Cairo
Call us at 7493615 or Mob : 012-3212500

Posts: 20 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818

Member Rated:
I dont know why r they going so crazy for everything that is Lebanese,but i can hear often that just coz they r so classy and so free and fashionable.And i agree with 7ayat,that Kriss is a jerk and also a shrimp if u know what i mean [Razz]
Ha-HO-HE

Salon Paul
Member # 10414

Rate Member
Viva which Hairdresser you go to now ?
ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818

Member Rated:
Paul i was at mohamed Sogheer lately..wasnt bad!
ok i wanna shoot u with a question.what kind of dye are u using ba2a?i mean the trademark.

Salon Paul
Member # 10414

Rate Member
we use Magirel-Loreal and alger-ego
Salon Paul
Member # 10414

Rate Member
So ViVa does this satisfies you [Smile]
sweetgirl
Member # 10158

Rate Member
to paul
can u tell me the prices plz '' for dying and cutting ''
and who the most good one doing dying and cutting in the salon

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my hairs dyed... were all very sad about it!!!!!
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Salon Paul
Member # 10414

Rate Member
I would recommend Paulo (Italian) for cutting.
For Dying use Joe (Lebanese) he is an artist!! (ex Dessange)
You will get 15% Discount, Just E-mail me.

Salon Paul
Member # 10414

Rate Member
Sweetgirl,

Mozomply is 50 LE (with regular Staff) and 70 LE with Paulo (Italian).
NOT crowded days are Monday and Tuesday.

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by SalonPaul:
I would recommend Paulo (Italian) for cutting.
For Dying use Joe (Lebanese) he is an artist!! (ex Dessange)
You will get 15% Discount, Just E-mail me.

italian and lebanese, eh akhbar 3o2det el khawaga ya ro7i?
Salon Paul
Member # 10414

Rate Member
You have to admit Italians and Lebanese are more exposed to Fashion. They got a bit more to give in that area. But for sure Egyptians are great too but you will Statistics will indicate that due to their exposure to fashion they will offer more to your hair. Nothing to do with "3o2det el khawaga " lol
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Mozomply

hehe
Salon Paul
Member # 10414

Rate Member
you are right Koshari, I also laughed. wish you would correct me
Salon Paul
Member # 10414

Rate Member
Guess it is mais en plit but ..... I received the enquiry on Mozomply lol
Salon Paul
Member # 10414

Rate Member
I got it (before you lol)
" Mise en pli "

Valerie
Member # 6806

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valerie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am looking for a hairdresser who can cut in the European way. I have short blonde hair, so I need a good cutter. Blow dry I can do my self, but when I have a cut I have it blow dried..
Is there a good cutter out there for short hair?

Posts: 290 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Salon Paul
Member # 10414

Rate Member
Valerie we are the only Hairdresser in Egypt who got a European Hairdresser.
Call us 7493619 or 0123212500

Salon Paul
44 Adan Street Mohandesseen

Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Valerie we are the only Hairdresser in Egypt who got a European Hairdresser.

Err ... that's not quite true. I know of two German hairdressers in Cairo and I'm sure there are others from European countries as well.

Heidi,
10/5, Sh. el-Gazayer, New Maadi,
Tel.: 518 51 38.

Susanna,
Maadi Digla, behind CSA,
Tel.: 521 01 93, Mobile: 010-151 56 53.

Salon Paul
Member # 10414

Rate Member
That is new to me thanks for the info.

I love German Cars they r good. I love Italian Fashion they r good too [Smile] )

Salon Paul
Member # 10414

Rate Member
Valerie did u get my E-mail?
Valerie
Member # 6806

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valerie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes thanks....I will be in touch....my phone line has been down so have beenout of touch with everyone
Posts: 290 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetgirl
Member # 10158

Rate Member
what about jacques dessange ?
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Wow-thats also in Egypt?
What about Toni and Guy ( who by the way here give VERY varying quality haircuts)

Salon Paul
Member # 10414

Rate Member
By the way Jacques Dessange is just the name.
Meaning the franchisse was cancelled 4 years ago.

CairoStudent
Member # 10528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CairoStudent   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was at Mohamed's (in Zamalek) just for a pedicure but saw him do a cut and it was awesome, I will let him cut my hair anyday. Maybe even next week, lol!

Spa in the same building is also amazing, they do a cool body scrub with lime and it feels great. Pricy but worth it (I mean Manhattan prices, bring a VISA or whatever).

--------------------
BLAME CANADA

Posts: 214 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cerridwen
Member # 10568

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cerridwen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sweetgirl:
hii i wanna know some professionals hairdressers in cairo

Heidi Rose in Maadi is the best there is in Cairo (in my humble opinion) She is originally from the Uk and worked in London before coming to Egypt. NOT to be confused with Heidi from Germany
Posts: 5 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetgirl
Member # 10158

Rate Member
do anyone heard about ''michel''
melo
Member # 10578

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for melo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am British and I am moving to Egypt. I am a hairdresser and worked for Toni and Guy for 9 years in London and Dubai. I taught in the Toni and Guy academy London aswell as doing hair on stage. My speciality is colour. I do not have a job set up in Egypt as yet so if anyone knows of anything please let me know.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetgirl
Member # 10158

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by melo:
I am British and I am moving to Egypt. I am a hairdresser and worked for Toni and Guy for 9 years in London and Dubai. I taught in the Toni and Guy academy London aswell as doing hair on stage. My speciality is colour. I do not have a job set up in Egypt as yet so if anyone knows of anything please let me know.

we can work with
1- kriss
2- jacques dessange
3-mohamed el sagher

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com