EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Sweet love

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sweet love
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you love someone this much?
A girl and guy were speeding over 100 mph on the road on a
motorcycle...
Girl: Slow down. Im scared.
Guy: No this is fun.
Girl: No its not. Please, its too scary!
Guy: Then tell me you love me.
Girl: Fine, I love you. Slow down!
Guy: Now give me a BIG hug.
Girl hugs him::
Guy: Can you take my helmet off & put it on yourself? Its bugging me.

---->(in the paper the next day)
A motorcycle had crashed into a building because of brake
failure. Two people were on it, but only one had survived.
The truth was that halfway down the road, the guy realized that
his brakes broke, but he didn't want to let the girl know.
Instead, he had her say she loved him & felt her hug him one
last time, then had her wear his helmet so that she would live even
though it meant that he would die..
[Frown] [Frown]

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Potter.
Member # 10461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Potter.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Touching!
Posts: 512 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes. and i wouldnt of let them get on the bike without a helmet in the first place.
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry seren... i appreciate the sentiment... but it touches a raw nerve.
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
HELMETS. SEATBELTS. NO EXCUSES.
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know girl.. but unfortunatly many ppl are very ignorant of how important that is. its sad [Frown]
Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
im not even 30 yet and ive buried 6 friends thanks to this.
2 to drugs and suicide.
ive just got a bit heat up on the 'how do you know if your depressed' thread over this a bit.
i cant stand how thoughtless people can be. depression is so very serious.

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know.. what most ppl think, depression is a sort of a sin or something to be ashamed of.

But its an disease as any other disease. and CAN be healed if you seek help or try to sort it out [Smile]

(just had to correct that hihi)

Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:

maniac
Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Jesus Cesar:
quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:

maniac
i do hope no one you love dies due to someone not insisting they wore one.
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
i would say perhaps in your case there is an excuse.. but im sure your mum is a very nice lady, and i wouldnt wish anyone the pain of loosing a child.
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a societal reason for wearing your helmet.

In the US, only slightly more than half of motorcycle riders have health insurance, so when they crash, if they don't die, then the cost of their health care winds up squarely on the tax payor. Most victims of these types of crashes who don't die suffer severe head trauma that can leave them institutionalized for life...costing the state(s) more than $100,000 a year per institutionalized person.

I only comment on this because most people think they only hurt themselves when they don't wear helmets. But they hurt society as well. Health care resources are diverted from others who might need them, and taxpayors cover the bad debt.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
.....and thier friends and family who never quite get over it......
and have to suffer the ignorance of others comments.
Jesus Cesar you .... i have no words for what you have just said.

Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course the persons riding without helmets or not careful of their health cost to others.

I can't think about solutions without tearing my hairs away.

Up in France, the system is efficient in taking care of people, but the debt is huge, and i don't see solutions on how to cover it without diminishing the healthcare.

Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
Here's a societal reason for wearing your helmet.

In the US, only slightly more than half of motorcycle riders have health insurance, so when they crash, if they don't die, then the cost of their health care winds up squarely on the tax payor. Most victims of these types of crashes who don't die suffer severe head trauma that can leave them institutionalized for life...costing the state(s) more than $100,000 a year per institutionalized person.

I only comment on this because most people think they only hurt themselves when they don't wear helmets. But they hurt society as well. Health care resources are diverted from others who might need them, and taxpayors cover the bad debt.

That is soooo funny Snoozin.

So, somene who normally doesn't wear a helmet because they are wreckless, will now opt to wear it because it is better for society if he does? [Big Grin]

Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
actually, i read that to mean 'most people (general public) think they (rider) only hurt themselves.
so its almost like... hey who cares if they dont wear a seat belt, or a helmet... its only them that will suffer.... its not true..... and its really not funny.

Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone who's ever ridden a motorbike at 100 mph (or even half the speed) knows that you have a hard time keeping yourself and your arms stable ... you wouldn't be able to release your grip on one of the handles, let alone take your helmet off at that speed.

[Wink]

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Like the riders are responsible of all the aches.

What about the riders that cost to society when they have accidents caused by cars???

When the riders are on their way and a truck cuts the road ???

Like if motoriders where responsible of the healthcare debts you can find here and there.

Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
In the story up there: why don't the brakes work?

I bet the garagist sabotaged the brakes because he is jealous of the young man.

And where is the second helmet??

I'm sure it's the vicious garagist that stoled it.

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by _Masrawi_:
That is soooo funny Snoozin.

So, somene who normally doesn't wear a helmet because they are wreckless, will now opt to wear it because it is better for society if he does? [Big Grin]

They don't perceive themselves as reckless; they think they should be free to do as they choose and don't want the government imposing on their rights. The argument I always hear is they don't hurt anyone but themselves when they crash.

And, it might change someone's mind like me...who really didn't care one way or the other if people wanted to risk their lives...until I saw how much it can strain other resources, like air ambulances, etc.

I've been threatened more than once by guys (and girls) wearing shirts that say "let those who ride decide." [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com