EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Proud to be Black

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Proud to be Black
artisha
Member # 4035

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for artisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love my skin colour and accept that not everyone does... but who cares.

My husband is Egyptian not white but medium brown skin. How do people view black skin in Egypt?...

Posts: 52 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure you can be proud of being black!!
I saw a lot of racism toward black people in Egypt, but I can't say all the Egyptians are racist of course. And it was more toward the migrants from Black Africa. Egyptians are afraid of these people who come and take their job, the same reaction exists everywhere. I don't think you will have any problem there, don't worry. You will be stared at, but we all are...

Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Artisha, where are you from, maybe from the US?

It's a shame that you will find racism worldwide to a certain extent, that so many people have a problem accepting others because of their looks. Although I grew up very isolated in former East Germany and actually never had contact to foreigners (even colored people) I view any human being as equal regardless of race and skin color. In fact I am always interested to meet foreigners and ask them endless questions about their places of origin. I believe it's a unique world we are all live in and we should appreciate to be here together.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pablowablo
Member # 9129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pablowablo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
only a racist person would ask what people think of their race or skin color!
Posts: 113 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's like what they say: Once you go bold, you never go back
Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What if we don't grow up??
Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerman:
you know what they say ..Once you go black you never go back ...

thats nasty. And its extremely racist.

I hate when white women only date black men and black men only date white women, completely disguisting.

Nothing against you, Tigerman, just the mentality behind such a comment.
A vicious mind
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
So what Tiger?

Because the fool says fool things you feel like it's OK to repeat those things?

I'd like to understand what you try to justify?

Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
I guess if you did not get what I'm trying to justify here ..it is up to you....

No it's up to you. I don't have to convince myself, you have to convince me.

And i'm not convinced, you don't seem to believe what you say. And so much suspension points... Are you trying to drag compassion out of me?

You're the kind of guy that say sh*t, and then beg for compassion rather than assuming what you say.
You maniac sucker.

Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Tigerman, you are empty
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
He's empty to me, he sounds fake, it's my opinion, i'm free to say what i feel.
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jesus Cesar:
Tigerman, you are empty

and you are FULL of yourself ... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Yes i am. At least i'm someone.
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
there is a substantial dfference between tigerman and Jesus Cesar: One is a predator chasing preys, the other is a Prophet and an Emperor, loving and ruling Humans.
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
I guess if you did not get what I'm trying to justify here ..it is up to you....

No it's up to you. I don't have to convince myself, you have to convince me.

And i'm not convinced, you don't seem to believe what you say. And so much suspension points... Are you trying to drag compassion out of me?

You're the kind of guy that say sh*t, and then beg for compassion rather than assuming what you say.
You maniac sucker.

JC ...I DO NOT NEED TO CONVIENCE YOU ...YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPENION ... BY THE WAY IF THAT IS THE WAY YOU EXPRESS YOURSELF BY CALLING PEOPLE NAMES I DO NOT NEED TO WASTE MY TIME WITH YOU ... YOU CAN HAVE THE THREAD TO YOURSELF AND HAVE A PARTY OF NAME CALLING .... WITH yourself
Don't get mad, it's only persuading me more that you are what i think you are
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
there is a substantial dfference between tigerman and Jesus Cesar: One is a predator chasing preys, the other is a Prophet and an Emperor, loving and ruling Humans.

Then who switch your usernames... [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Tigerman, you are empty

and you are FULL of yourself ... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Yes i am. At least i'm someone.
Tell yourself that twenty times a day in front of the mirror for three month ..and you will feel better
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Avoid the mirrors in your house, 'cause what you'll see will make you sad
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Sadeeqy:
quote:

Errrr

My teachers in College?

Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
hey baby I'm happy with my user name ... and do not like to switch it ...however do you think if he follows the treatment program he will improve ..Rght ... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Hmmm...and you say Masrawi has a simple mind...i meant how come Jesus is the predator and Tiger is the emperor...go back to packing stuff... [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

however do you think if he follows the treatment program he will improve ..Rght ... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
"He" follows just what "He" wants.

When "He" has decided something, "He" makes it happen.

Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
quote:
SIMPLE DOES NOT MEAN DULL TO ME ... [Wink]

Do you lost your sense of humour... [Roll Eyes]
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
hey baby I'm happy with my user name ... and do not like to switch it ...however do you think if he follows the treatment program he will improve ..Rght ... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Hmmm...and you say Masrawi has a simple mind...i meant how come Jesus is the predator and Tiger is the emperor...go back to packing stuff... [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
excuse me ... do i hear my name here?
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by _Masrawi_:

Hehehe...the "mostly human" mind stalker... [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
SIMPLE DOES NOT MEAN DULL TO ME ... [Wink]

Do you lost your sense of humour... [Roll Eyes]
It's OK Tigerman you've just been humiliated, it happens even to everyone.
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
quote:

I will never humiliate a friend, Lucas. I was laughing with him, not at him.

Step aside, please, i'm a hedgehog when you are acting that bad... [Mad]

Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Wait a minute i include myself in everyone.
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
quote:
you know me I was trying to teach someone a lesson ...I can not help to notice we have teen age kids around who will not know what simple mean ....

Kindergarden's poopo heads, too.... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by _Masrawi_:

Pasha ...you know if there is an intellegent conversation we have to mention your name ...
Kollak zoo2 ya m3alim ... dayman keda 7aregni bilo6fak.
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

I will never humiliate a friend, Lucas. I was laughing with him, not at him.

Step aside, please, i'm a hedgehog when you are acting that bad... [Mad]

See Sadeeqy if he is worth the cuff pulling I would have done it ...YOU KNOW I CAN THROUGH A PUNCH BUT IT ..but it will be wasted energy ...
Tigerman is not my friend, and i had a great time laughing at him.
It was really funny.

Sadeeqy i understand your move. Be a hedgehog if you want, but a hedgehog without his cover is nothing more than a rat.

You two guys are just deceiving.

Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Sadeeqy don't be familiar with me.

I've not allowed you to call me by my first name.

Call me Mr Makhadmeh if you adress yourself personnally to me. Is that clear enough?

Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Be in your circus you clown? You must be kidding.

Err, i don't use prozak, we don't have the same habits.

Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
quote:

Call me Mr Makhadmeh if you adress yourself personnally to me. Is that clear enough?

You still have a lot to learn. All those empty words of yours means nothing. In time, people will forget about what you said, but they won't forget how you made them feel.

Are you trying to corner me here, Lucas? I wasn't familiar, only friendly. Wrong move, i guess. If you want respect, earn it!

Is that clear enough, Mr Makhadmeh? [Smile]

Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
you seem to know the technique well, you must have tried it more than once. It must have been hard.

And then, two kids came into your life, and from then, you realized your life meant something.

Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

You still have a lot to learn. All those empty words of yours means nothing. In time, people
will forget about what you said, but they won't forget how you made them feel.

Are you trying to corner me here, Lucas? I wasn't familiar, only friendly. Wrong move, i guess. If you want respect, earn it!

Is that clear enough, Mr Makhadmeh? [Smile]

I have all the respect from the persons that mean to me.

If you want to mean to me, and have my respect, earn it...

Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:

Fine clothes may disguise, but
silly words will disclose a fool.

How did you guess [Confused] that i felt this about you [Confused] ?????

Fine words may disguise, but the feeling will disclose a fool.

Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:

"Ah, people often grudge others what they
cannot enjoy themselves."

Do you really think you can learn me something there? [Confused] Or make me feel jealous or something ? [Confused]

I feel like wha

Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:

It is useless attacking the insensible.

Are you proud of considering yourself like an insensible person?

Or do you feel like i'm insensible?

karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Waw! Cock fight between men [Roll Eyes] [Eek!] This is something new here [Confused] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by karla:
Waw! Cock fight between men

Karla, where did you learn your English! [Eek!] [Big Grin]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
artisha
Member # 4035

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for artisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,
How are you all. Peace be upon all of you... What has happened here??

When i was young growing up my family were discrimnated and racially abused alot by people of different races and Nationality. We dealt with those things then. I didnt hold a grudge. Life is too complicated to hold a grudge about one particular race/colour.

Instead i educated myself about the times we were growing up in 70's and what many people did to survive or because they were afraid of difference in their communities.

In my life time i have learn't not to be racist/ discrimnatory, but that is something you learn to mature with when you get older, one would say.

I feel happy to say in my life where-ever i have travelled i have an open mind about people. If someone is looking at me in the street, you know as people do.... I think of something positive and not negative.

It makes me feel comfortable to think now i have changed my life has change and i made that change.

I hope you understand everyone.

One last thing Stop fighting..............
Hope i dont offend anyone..

Posts: 52 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
artisha
Member # 4035

Member Rated:
I love my skin colour and accept that not everyone does... but who cares.

My husband is Egyptian not white but medium brown skin. How do people view black skin in Egypt?...

What were your experiences or what did you hear..... Please share.....

artisha
Member # 4035

Member Rated:
Hi Tigerman,

Thanks for keeping it real. What you have said is very interesting. A major part in how people feel about 'colour' today is watching movies that portrait people of different Nationalities and religion in a deogratory way.

In our minds as young children and experiences of our mothers, grandmothers and so on...... we have made our conclusions about race, colour and what we think is better and what we think is not...

The very fact that people question colour,race religion is a sign that not only have we all as a Nation percieved these ideas from elsewhere, but that some of us still have these negative views still today.

It time for a change in our hearts and to Educate ourselves about people and race,colour.

Thanks for reading and thanks for your comments.

Keep it coming ........

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Barbapapa:
Sure you can be proud of being black!!
I saw a lot of racism toward black people in Egypt, but I can't say all the Egyptians are racist of course. And it was more toward the migrants from Black Africa. Egyptians are afraid of these people who come and take their job, the same reaction exists everywhere. I don't think you will have any problem there, don't worry. You will be stared at, but we all are...

Can I just go back to the original point, guys???
Why should anybody be PROUD of something they were just, by chance, born into???
I'm not saying you shouldn't love being black, white, Chinese, Jewish, Muslim, whatever....and you certainly should never be ASHAMED for the same reason...
To me, being proud is related to something good you have achieved in life... or something good you have done for other people!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
artisha
Member # 4035

Member Rated:
Everyone! thanks for your replies.....

I feel that we should be proud of who we are does not matter about race,colour, nationality. But i am also proud to be black.

I understand the struggles of my grand parents and parents and i acknowlegde what they have been through in their lives' and i know how much it affected me growing up....

I am proud of who i am today..... and where my history lies.

This comment is to those who really feel they are affecting another race/colour of people and mean them harm with negative comments and racist remarks.

Your words can't harm me or those who have overcome...............

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com