EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » give blood in the street

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: give blood in the street
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone met these people in the street, asking peeople in the street to donate blood, in their ambulance?

are these people even legit?

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheWesternDebt2Islam aka Ki$$ aka K:
anyone met these people in the street, asking peeople in the street to donate blood, in their ambulance?

are these people even legit?

Why don't you conduct an undercover study, give blood to them, and see what happens? Report back to us when you find out.
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I did that when I was an intern. We took an ambulance and stood all day at certain events, like football matches and the international book fare.

It delivered hundreds of precious liters of blood..

IN EGYPT

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShannonAmr
Member # 10352

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShannonAmr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about the particular one you saw, but I've seen these all over. I gave blood once in an ambulance outside a Walmart in Florida. I was just getting ready to jump on a cruise ship and they stopped me. My first picture on my vacation, was of my friend and me giving blood. [Big Grin]
Posts: 130 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ShannonAmr:
I don't know about the particular one you saw, but I've seen these all over. I gave blood once in an ambulance outside a Walmart in Florida. I was just getting ready to jump on a cruise ship and they stopped me. My first picture on my vacation, was of my friend and me giving blood. [Big Grin]

Oh sorry everyone...

i meant in egypt

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
quote:

I did that when I was an intern. We took an ambulance and stood all day at certain events, like football matches and the international book fare.

IN EGYPT

oh thanks for point that out...

i seen men picking on women to give blood...
i found that odd, God knows what will happpen next once they get the women in the back of their ambulance...

Then again, i dont think crook will go to all the effort to buy a fake ambulance..

Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel guilty now. My blood type is a rhesus neg, I think I should give blood.
Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Melati:
I feel guilty now. My blood type is a rhesus neg, I think I should give blood.

Think about it for a sec.

Most of us are type O, half of them is negative. So half of most of us could land in the hospital abd DIE because there's not enough blood of their type available.

15 minutes of your time can save the life of half of most of us.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rock
Member # 7096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

IN EGYPT

oh thanks for point that out...

i seen men picking on women to give blood...
i found that odd, God knows what will happpen next once they get the women in the back of their ambulance...

Then again, i dont think crook will go to all the effort to buy a fake ambulance..

Those street hustlers, damn they are so annoying. They are not fake they usually belong to blood BANKS, and they give you juice in return so it's not a bad deal, or is it?
Posts: 149 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FUBAR
Member # 8177

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FUBAR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having an experience in this field ( being a doctor , and having friends working in blood banks ) i can tell you : DON'T
WHY ? : because , almost half of the blood donated is being re Sold , YES , SOLD , for around 150-200 LE , they do it sometimes to cover their corruption in management !
this theory does not apply 100% of course , but it involves a great deal of what's going on .
IF you really wanna Donate your blood , Go to the blood bank next to VACSERA in Doqqi .
cheers

--------------------
http://www.walklikeanegyptian.dr.ag/

Posts: 49 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rock
Member # 7096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FUBAR:
Having an experience in this field ( being a doctor , and having friends working in blood banks ) i can tell you : DON'T
WHY ? : because , almost half of the blood donated is being re Sold , YES , SOLD , for around 150-200 LE , they do it sometimes to cover their corruption in management !
this theory does not apply 100% of course , but it involves a great deal of what's going on .
IF you really wanna Donate your blood , Go to the blood bank next to VACSERA in Doqqi .
cheers

Fubar, it seems not possible to be sure as for where you should donate. I donate to anyone when I want and I think at the end it will be helpful whether sold or not, but I don't like when they push so hard. the scene of someone grabbing me inside a car to take my blood alwayes remind me of all vampire movies I watched.
Posts: 149 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Rock:
I don't like when they push so hard. the scene of someone grabbing me inside a car to take my blood alwayes remind me of all vampire movies I watched.

Obviously you look way too attractive for them to let go of you (seriously).

If this ever happens again you're allowed to punch those buggers in the face and go your own way..

So instead of annoying people in the streets they can spend their day singing: "I'm seeing stars I'm seeing stars I'm seeing stars"!!

Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL.
That should be in all medical practicuum trainings.
It also lends itself to many everyday situations LOL [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by FUBAR:

I mean even if it's sold. The goal is to get blood by any means.

150 LE is nothing for a human life.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Melati:
LOL.
That should be in all medical practicuum trainings.

What? Punching people in the face?

Well my lady I have been chased around the ward by two human-red-bulls with butcher knives in their hands, because I had just informed them that their daddy butcher had died in the operation.

If you think Scrubs is funny, it ain't. Real life of interns in Cairo is way more fun. [Roll Eyes]

http://scrubs-tv.com/

Rock
Member # 7096

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
I don't like when they push so hard. the scene of someone grabbing me inside a car to take my blood alwayes remind me of all vampire movies I watched.

If this ever happens again you're allowed to punch those buggers in the face and go your own way..

So instead of annoying people in the streets they can spend their day singing: "I'm seeing stars I'm seeing stars I'm seeing stars"!!

It's nice to be thought of as an attractive element but this wont make me feel good when I'm being grabbed by men.

I'm slow I have to admit it, think slow and walk slow and this makes me a nice catch. Most Egyptians walk so fast as if a ghost with ax running behind them when they pass close to those cars however I walk like a tourist exploring things and what makes things worse is that when they say "You", I say "yes?". You know how those guys standing in street corners think of a girl who respond to them by "yes?" when they call into her "enta Ya gameel"? It's the same, Koshari. I'm being thought of as an easy slut by those guys and this definitely hurts alot [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
I'm being thought of as an easy slut by those guys and this definitely hurts alot [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

ROFL ROFL ROFL

What I meant is the you're probably well-built and with a healthy aura ya ibny.

And what was that again? Egyptians walk fast?

Such an AY kalam!

Egyptians walk like they're on an O.D. of dope!

Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
The guy in scrubs is good looking eh!
Yeah Im sure there are some stories that are stranger than fiction, as they say.
When I had an operation a while ago( for this bastard tropical ailment no one knew what it really was) the intern had to reinsert the canula( ?) and I swear Im the worst patient , and he couldnt find a new place so just use the old spot in the end, after I was shrieking and being a pain in his neck, and then he eyed me levelly after and said " you know, I have to do this on a four year old now and Im sure they wont be as difficult as you"
I was so embarrassed!

TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's nice to be thought of as an attractive element but this wont make me feel good when I'm being grabbed by men.

I'm slow I have to admit it, think slow and walk slow and this makes me a nice catch. Most Egyptians walk so fast as if a ghost with ax running behind them when they pass close to those cars however I walk like a tourist exploring things and what makes things worse is that when they say "You", I say "yes?". You know how those guys standing in street corners think of a girl who respond to them by "yes?" when they call into her "enta Ya gameel"? It's the same, Koshari. I'm being thought of as an easy slut by those guys and this definitely hurts alot [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

your a guy or a girl..

werent you the one offerin to be the "best man" some where else [Roll Eyes]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
your a guy or a girl..

werent you the one offerin to be the "best man" some where else [Roll Eyes]

You have a tumor in your humor!
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
what humor [Confused]

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=001169;p=1

quote:

Rock
Member # 7096

Rate Member posted 17 March, 2006 11:52 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia:

quote:
everytime I see the "Dalia and WesternDebt" I laugh!
You're not the only one who finds this quite amusing.
As I said, it's so obvious!
Western, if you're going for western style wedding, let me be your best man and if an Egyptian style , I can decorate my car and take you both in a ride around Tahrir squar

What do you think?

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
what humor [Confused]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

You haven't even the slightest idea that HE was joking when HE described HIMself as a cheap slut.

Ya lahwaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

that;s a joke

[Confused]

my bad

Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[Confused] are you able to understand what I say, or shall i make it more basic ....

quote:
or your seriously retarted [Confused]

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com