EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Do you ever feel?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do you ever feel?
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you ever feel like you want to die?
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jasmine, are you depressed, sweety? [Frown]
Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 7ayat- nefsi fe sobya:

The answer is no...but sometimes I wish be able to run and hide somewhere in the world.
Hope that it's everything ok with you.

Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NourHayati
Member # 5507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NourHayati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There have been some times I felt I wanted to die, that my life had no meaning. I have been feeling so bad a year ago, so depressed and out of interest for everything around me. There was a reason for this, of course; and there are still times I think about my problem and feel I won't make it. But do you know what? Nothing is worth it. Health is a matter of psychology besides other things, too. So, one day I thought what if I find happiness in the future and I am not able to enjoy it? I want to live and see what lies ahead of me, the bad and the good things, the sad and the happy moments. I want them all because they make me what I am.

I do not know what's bothering you. But if you think about death, think how you'd feel if tomorrow you found out you have cancer and only two months to live. Would you still want to die?

Posts: 327 | From: balad alnour | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks guys for the replies. yeah i think we all have those moments, its a lack of faith i guess in god, but we are still human so we have them.

i know what you mean karla about hiding, but what if there is nowhere to hide?

and nour i'm glad elhamdullelah you are over this, it can be very difficult

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
7ayat, you are far away from everything you knew. New country, new family, new customs. I assume that you stay indoors a lot, you are alone often, and kind of depressed.

It's not healthy, but it's normal. You can hide, there is always a place to hide, even if it's inside you, but it won't help you.

The only thing that help is to talk with someone. And i don't mean with a prefessional, just another human being.

Believe me, you know how they say...been there, done that. If you need to talk to someone, about anything, i'm here!

May God grant you the power to carry your burden and the wisdom to enjoy your life! Take care of yourself, angel! [Smile]

Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post 
7ayat you are a strong woman and I'm sure that if is nowhere to hide then you will find the right way to solve your problem. I will pray for your's hearts-ease
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Sadeeqy:
7ayat, you are far away from everything you knew. New country, new family, new customs. I assume that you stay indoors a lot, you are alone often, and kind of depressed.

It's not healthy, but it's normal. You can hide, there is always a place to hide, even if it's inside you, but it won't help you.

The only thing that help is to talk with someone. And i don't mean with a prefessional, just another human being.

Believe me, you know how they say...been there, done that. If you need to talk to someone, about anything, i'm here!

May God grant you the power to carry your burden and the wisdom to enjoy your life! Take care of yourself, angel! [Smile]

the problem is an old one, its something i've been battling for years. and now that i'm happy with my husband i just feel that it will be taken away from me. and thats what makes me so sad.

i dont have enough friends here in australia, so its difficult to keep all this insdie. especially since i'm the kind of person who likes to talk when she is down

misfit
Member # 8880

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

yes, at least a hundred times a day.. but ces't la vie.. the show must go on!

cheer up.. there will be brighter days ahead, you just gotta find them [Smile]

Posts: 956 | From: nowhere | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by karla:
7ayat you are a strong woman and I'm sure that if is nowhere to hide then you will find the right way to solve your problem. I will pray for your's hearts-ease

thanks karla you are very sweet [Smile]
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by misfit:
quote:

yes, at least a hundred times a day.. but ces't la vie.. the show must go on!

cheer up.. there will be brighter days ahead, you just gotta find them [Smile]

cest la vie indeed [Smile]
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
7ayat, it's 1:10 am there, why don't you try to get some sleep? The lack of sleep will only make your depression worse... [Frown]
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
yeah i was actually going to bed now, goodnight everyone and thanks for the help!
misfit
Member # 8880

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you know 7ayat, through the years i've learned to live with my insomnia (i just remembered you're insomniac too and this probably has to do with your current problem), it decreases the quality of your life and perpetuates your depression and makes you very unproductive. but the good news is; it is manageable! yes, you can defeat it by accepting it and not getting trapped in its vicious circle, all you need to do is be patient.
Posts: 956 | From: nowhere | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
quote:
you know 7ayat, through the years i've learned to live with my insomnia (i just remembered you're insomniac too and this probably has to do with your current problem), it decreases the quality of your life and perpetuates your depression and makes you very unproductive. but the good news is; it is manageable! yes, you can defeat it by accepting it and not getting trapped in its vicious circle, all you need to do is be patient.

It seems that you live in my prison, Misfit! [Roll Eyes]
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, last week I was praying for death while enduring a case of the stomach flu.

quote:

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes yes yes! I always think: Ok I ve seen enough. Done enough. Damaged enough..There can't possibly be more torture out there!!

I always think that life beyond this is unfair. why waste youth on me?? kefaya awi le7ad keda.

I go on bitching and whinning everyday on my way to work. I wasnt born to work for anyone!!!Listen, everday I wake up and see my flatmate and I just pray to disappear!!!

Then my leave approaches. I think of my sisters and my parents. Of my pregnant friend and my niece. I just can't tell u how filled with joy my days become when I remeber all the ppl I left behind. How my mere being brings happiness to my family and..I come back to my happy self.

--------------------
Same crap...Different toilet

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ngeg:
How my mere being brings happiness to my family

Yakhty my mere being brings hemorrhoids to my family.

I wonder why anybody likes me [Smile]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShootingStar
Member # 9470

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShootingStar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, 7ayat. I think all of us feel down at sometime or another. One thing I've learned (slowly) is not to think about/expect bad things to happen when I'm happy or to play the age-old "what-if" game. It just sucks the joy out of your happiness and doesn't allow you to enjoy the moment.

You have so many moments to feel joy. Take them one at a time and truly live the moment. Then take the not-so-joyous ones one at a time too and they won't seem so big.

As always, you have friends and cyber-friends around the world to support you if you need us!

Posts: 118 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
quote:
How my mere being brings happiness to my family

I wonder why anybody likes me [Smile]
I ask myself that question everyday..and then i come to the only logical answer: They couldn't resist! The probably dont have other options!!! I'm here to stay!!
Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh sweety ,
all of us as you may see here feel really down sometimes.
I know how you feel when you say you have something great and just afraid of loosing it.
I go through the same thing, but after a while i came to this conclusion, that when i look back to the happy times, I wasnt enjoying it. I was busy getting worried and full of fear.

You know 7ayat, life may sometimes seem as hell, but thats only because what you grasp from it.
It has much more to offer and to teach us then we can imagine.
In the quran God says : "ba3d il shidati, rakha3" With every struggle that you may go through, let your trust be in God. People can abandon you, but God doesnt, you may abandon Him. but He is always there for you if you just ask for Him.

You know 7ayat, i believe life is like a mountain (klichee I know! ) but I belive we climb and climb, sometimes we might trip and fall some steps down. sometimes we might get tired and just want to rest. But when we reach the top and see how magnificent everything looks like. All what we might've been through vanishes.

Keep your faith strong 7ayat. No matter how weak you are, you know where you can go to be strong.
No matter how hopeless you feel you know where to get hope back.

7ayat you dont suffer from insomnia, you suffer from the fact that you have lots of emotions that you are keeping locked inside.
Know its ok to let them out.
I know you are a strong woman. But strong woman need to relax too, to build up their strength.

sweety, I hope I said at least some words, that may seem of a comfort.

and know that I am here. just around the corner in dublin [Big Grin] (thank god for technology)
I am always here...

Great big big biiiig hugs
for my friend that I admire and care about

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:

the insomnia has a big part in it. the problem is now i'm taking medicatin called peractin that has the opposite effect on me. it gives me very deep sleep, but not a comfortable one, more like a coma with nightmares. and it makes me wake up very late the next day like 1 pm for example, and i spend the next few hours feeling very drowsy. so by the time i feel ok, the day is over [Frown]

i feel like its ruining my life you know. i'm in a new country and i should be out exploring and learning, but the medication makes it so difficult to do that. i dont know what to choose. not to take the medication, have sleepless nights, headaches, and exhaustion, or take the medication and have uncomfortable sleep with nightmares, and feel drowsy half of the next day? not an easy choice [Eek!]

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Yes yes yes! I always think: Ok I ve seen enough. Done enough. Damaged enough..There can't possibly be more torture out there!!

I always think that life beyond this is unfair. why waste youth on me?? kefaya awi le7ad keda.

I go on bitching and whinning everyday on my way to work. I wasnt born to work for anyone!!!Listen, everday I wake up and see my flatmate and I just pray to disappear!!!

Then my leave approaches. I think of my sisters and my parents. Of my pregnant friend and my niece. I just can't tell u how filled with joy my days become when I remeber all the ppl I left behind. How my mere being brings happiness to my family and..I come back to my happy self.

i feel better when i know that other people go through this too. i'm happy that elhamdullelah you know how to deal with it.
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ShootingStar:
Hi, 7ayat. I think all of us feel down at sometime or another. One thing I've learned (slowly) is not to think about/expect bad things to happen when I'm happy or to play the age-old "what-if" game. It just sucks the joy out of your happiness and doesn't allow you to enjoy the moment.

You have so many moments to feel joy. Take them one at a time and truly live the moment. Then take the not-so-joyous ones one at a time too and they won't seem so big.

As always, you have friends and cyber-friends around the world to support you if you need us!

the "what if" game is the main problem i have, i jsut can't get it out of my head
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
Oh sweety ,
all of us as you may see here feel really down sometimes.
I know how you feel when you say you have something great and just afraid of loosing it.
I go through the same thing, but after a while i came to this conclusion, that when i look back to the happy times, I wasnt enjoying it. I was busy getting worried and full of fear.

You know 7ayat, life may sometimes seem as hell, but thats only because what you grasp from it.
It has much more to offer and to teach us then we can imagine.
In the quran God says : "ba3d il shidati, rakha3" With every struggle that you may go through, let your trust be in God. People can abandon you, but God doesnt, you may abandon Him. but He is always there for you if you just ask for Him.

You know 7ayat, i believe life is like a mountain (klichee I know! ) but I belive we climb and climb, sometimes we might trip and fall some steps down. sometimes we might get tired and just want to rest. But when we reach the top and see how magnificent everything looks like. All what we might've been through vanishes.

Keep your faith strong 7ayat. No matter how weak you are, you know where you can go to be strong.
No matter how hopeless you feel you know where to get hope back.

7ayat you dont suffer from insomnia, you suffer from the fact that you have lots of emotions that you are keeping locked inside.
Know its ok to let them out.
I know you are a strong woman. But strong woman need to relax too, to build up their strength.

sweety, I hope I said at least some words, that may seem of a comfort.

and know that I am here. just around the corner in dublin [Big Grin] (thank god for technology)
I am always here...

Great big big biiiig hugs
for my friend that I admire and care about

wallahi you are so sweet ya sara. i'm so glad i got to know, and meet you in real life, elhamdullelah [Smile]
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would suggest calling your doctor and telling them of the side effects of this drug that you're taking. If the side effects are expected, is there an expected time when they will diminish some or go away all together? Also, you might ask your doctor if you could lower the amount you're taking. Maybe ask if you could try taking half of what you do now, and it might still help enough to get you to sleep but not feel so awful the next day.
good luck.
[Smile]

quote:
quote:

the insomnia has a big part in it. the problem is now i'm taking medicatin called peractin that has the opposite effect on me. it gives me very deep sleep, but not a comfortable one, more like a coma with nightmares. and it makes me wake up very late the next day like 1 pm for example, and i spend the next few hours feeling very drowsy. so by the time i feel ok, the day is over [Frown]

i feel like its ruining my life you know. i'm in a new country and i should be out exploring and learning, but the medication makes it so difficult to do that. i dont know what to choose. not to take the medication, have sleepless nights, headaches, and exhaustion, or take the medication and have uncomfortable sleep with nightmares, and feel drowsy half of the next day? not an easy choice [Eek!]

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
misfit
Member # 8880

Rate Member
quote:

7ayat, listen to me carefully dear.. i believe i know exactly what you're talking about.. this dilemma i've had for years and was compounded few years ago by a surgical procedure that left me in need for a daily life long replacement drug which severely interferes with my sleeping pattern, the drug replaces something in our body that regulates our activity and metabolism but the natural mechanism is calculated according to our body needs while the drug is a daily fixed dose which is either too much or too little, it usually accumulates over a few days and it makes me in a state of hyperalertness and insomnia.
so you see i've struggled with insomnia for years during which i learned a few lessons and out of these lessons i'd like to give you the following advice:

• don't take a drug for insomnia, heed this advice carefully.. don't take the same drug everyday no matter what your doctor tells you. the same drug everyday will make you his slave and will not give you proper sleep, it will only knock you out not make you rest and i'm sure you know what i mean.
  • learn to live with your insomnia and insist to defeat it yourself by accepting that it will stay with you for a while and try to acknowledge that although it is really very bad, it's still manageable, keep on reminding yourself that even the longest night won't last forever and there will definitely be a time that you'll fall in that deep sleep you're craving!
  • after a sleepless night don't ever laze in bed, do completely the opposite.. get up early, get a cold shower (for corporal mortification purposes), conquer yourself and challenge your fatigue; get out of the house and go places, like you said you're in a new country and a very beautiful and interesting one as well so make the best of it, cast away bad thoughts while you explore places around you, escape any harsh reality in your life by meeting people, talking to strangers, or engage yourself in some activity, play some sports, join a dancing school, in general find a way to make you as exhausted as possible and limit your ES sessions a bit, don't make it your only outlet to the world, remind yourself you are a talented person and there are better things to do with your time.
  • it may be beneficial to pop in a pill every now and then to help you relax but make it sometime before you go to bed till you feel drowsy and always change the drug, don't use the same drug two times in a row, it just loses its effect.
i assure you this will work, it may take sometime but will work, it's much better than relying on doctors and drugs, a drug doesn't offer you a life, only survival.. i'm sure you don't care whether you survive or not but you sure wanna live, so live!
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

7ayat, listen to me carefully dear.. i believe i know exactly what you're talking about.. this dilemma i've had for years and was compounded few years ago by a surgical procedure that left me in need for a daily life long replacement drug which severely interferes with my sleeping pattern, the drug replaces something in our body that regulates our activity and metabolism but the natural mechanism is calculated according to our body needs while the drug is a daily fixed dose which is either too much or too little, it usually accumulates over a few days and it makes me in a state of hyperalertness and insomnia.
so you see i've struggled with insomnia for years during which i learned a few lessons and out of these lessons i'd like to give you the following advice:

• don't take a drug for insomnia, heed this advice carefully.. don't take the same drug everyday no matter what your doctor tells you. the same drug everyday will make you his slave and will not give you proper sleep, it will only knock you out not make you rest and i'm sure you know what i mean.
  • learn to live with your insomnia and insist to defeat it yourself by accepting that it will stay with you for a while and try to acknowledge that although it is really very bad, it's still manageable, keep on reminding yourself that even the longest night won't last forever and there will definitely be a time that you'll fall in that deep sleep you're craving!
  • after a sleepless night don't ever laze in bed, do completely the opposite.. get up early, get a cold shower (for corporal mortification purposes), conquer yourself and challenge your fatigue; get out of the house and go places, like you said you're in a new country and a very beautiful and interesting one as well so make the best of it, cast away bad thoughts while you explore places around you, escape any harsh reality in your life by meeting people, talking to strangers, or engage yourself in some activity, play some sports, join a dancing school, in general find a way to make you as exhausted as possible and limit your ES sessions a bit, don't make it your only outlet to the world, remind yourself you are a talented person and there are better things to do with your time.
  • it may be beneficial to pop in a pill every now and then to help you relax but make it sometime before you go to bed till you feel drowsy and always change the drug, don't use the same drug two times in a row, it just loses its effect.

i assure you this will work, it may take sometime but will work, it's much better than relying on doctors and drugs, a drug doesn't offer you a life, only survival.. i'm sure you don't care whether you survive or not but you sure wanna live, so live!

misfit, i dont know what to say begad, you are so kind! i've tried doing what lovedone suggested but still ended up waking up at 1:00 pm, so i tried taking a quarter only, and that didnt have any affect all, and i got no sleep. after reading what you have said, i've decided not to take it anymore. i'm starting to think that id rather be sleepless, rather than sleeping too much and being drowsy all the time. and as you said, at some point my body will have to sleep. i just hope its not too long, especially since i'm looking for a job at the moment. i dont know how i can ever concentrate without any sleep.
thank you so much for your advice. you've gone through this before and you know how it feels. that's why i feel comfortable with what you are saying.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
7ayat, I was reading that Periactin is a antisthamine. You know I also got prescribed something similar years ago due to my allergies. I would pop one of these pills at dinner time and would totally pass out within an hour or two. I would wake up the next morning with a strong headache. I took the medication for about a week and then I went back to the doctor to ask for a lighter version you know what takes care of my seasonal allergies but yet doesn't knock me out like that.

Best of luck for a speedy recovery and I believe you should go and try some homotherapy for insomnia before taking pills after all they are chemicals and of course they come with certain side effects.

Was Periactin only described for you to battle insomnia?

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShootingStar
Member # 9470

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShootingStar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi again. Maybe this article will help. It's evaluating products available in the US, but maybe the same or something similar is available in Australia.

http://consumerhealthdigest.com/sleepaids.htm

Posts: 118 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
of 7ayat .I feel so sorry , I wanted you to have good experience of moving to sydney.
I think Im gonna drag you to TCM ( traditional chinese medicine ) in maroubra, are you ok to receive acupuncture?
Or maybe they will make a herbal concoction SO foul that it will scare you into sleeping rather than actually drinking it ( Im joking Im joking)
I really believe it coulds help you.
Check out website for Lane Cove Council-some library things there my dear.

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry you feel that way 7ayat.
I left my country for Egypt because I thought my "old ghosts" would stay there, I thought I would start a new life, like a baby, and never face my problems again. I was wrong, they came with me on the plane. And they hurt me more than when I was in France, because in Cairo I almost knew no one, was far from my family and friends, in a new culture, weird mentalities (I thought so at the time).
I really faced hard times. When I met my fiance, I thought that it would go better, but it didn't. Still, the problems were shadowing me. My fiance didn't understand, he told me, why you're crying, you're not happy with me. I was so sensitive, so sensible, during the day I did as nothing affected me, but at night I was only tears and wanted to end my life.
But I decided to fight. I think, 7ayat, that you know what your problems are, where they come from. Try to make a huge work on yourself. You have the time for it since you're not working yet (I think at least), so really, do it now, so you will not suffer anymore. Go inside you, even if it hurts because some bad memories will come back, but do it to the end, and only then, you will really enjoy life.
I was obsessed with death, obsessed with being abandoned, obsessed with my body, with...so many things that came from my childhood.
Good luck 7ayat!

Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I think sometimes I feel I like want to get away from it all, but die, No. Tomorrow is always a new day.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by *Tigerlily*:
7ayat, I was reading that Periactin is a antisthamine. You know I also got prescribed something similar years ago due to my allergies. I would pop one of these pills at dinner time and would totally pass out within an hour or two. I would wake up the next morning with a strong headache. I took the medication for about a week and then I went back to the doctor to ask for a lighter version you know what takes care of my seasonal allergies but yet doesn't knock me out like that.

Best of luck for a speedy recovery and I believe you should go and try some homotherapy for insomnia before taking pills after all they are chemicals and of course they come with certain side effects.

Was Periactin only described for you to battle insomnia?

yeah just for the insomnia, and as a bonus it opens my appetite so it helps me eat (i have a very small appetite). i think maybe something lighter could help. i will take mifit's advice and try withdraw completely, but if that doesnt work out, ill ask my GP to prescribe something lighter inshallah
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Melati:
of 7ayat .I feel so sorry , I wanted you to have good experience of moving to sydney.
I think Im gonna drag you to TCM ( traditional chinese medicine ) in maroubra, are you ok to receive acupuncture?
Or maybe they will make a herbal concoction SO foul that it will scare you into sleeping rather than actually drinking it ( Im joking Im joking)
I really believe it coulds help you.
Check out website for Lane Cove Council-some library things there my dear.

i never tried anything chinese, but who knows it might work better than the crap i swallow every night [Big Grin]
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Barbapapa:
I'm sorry you feel that way 7ayat.
I left my country for Egypt because I thought my "old ghosts" would stay there, I thought I would start a new life, like a baby, and never face my problems again. I was wrong, they came with me on the plane. And they hurt me more than when I was in France, because in Cairo I almost knew no one, was far from my family and friends, in a new culture, weird mentalities (I thought so at the time).
I really faced hard times. When I met my fiance, I thought that it would go better, but it didn't. Still, the problems were shadowing me. My fiance didn't understand, he told me, why you're crying, you're not happy with me. I was so sensitive, so sensible, during the day I did as nothing affected me, but at night I was only tears and wanted to end my life.
But I decided to fight. I think, 7ayat, that you know what your problems are, where they come from. Try to make a huge work on yourself. You have the time for it since you're not working yet (I think at least), so really, do it now, so you will not suffer anymore. Go inside you, even if it hurts because some bad memories will come back, but do it to the end, and only then, you will really enjoy life.
I was obsessed with death, obsessed with being abandoned, obsessed with my body, with...so many things that came from my childhood.
Good luck 7ayat!

you know i almost started crying when i read your post, because you really hit a nerve. you spoke from my heart you know. i never really revealed on this thread what was happening to me, but it is about old ghosts. like you i thought they would go away in a new country but they didnt, it seems they travel with me wherever i go.
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yasmine, please don't be offended but maybe you indeed need some psychological help and find someone you can trust and talk to. You went through a lot of changes lately, you got married, you moved to a another continent, have to get used to a totally new culture, you have eating problems and suffer from insomnia.

I am sure your hubby is doing everything what he can to understand and support you and will not let you down.

I also wondered if it might would be interesting for you to join newcomer group meetings in Sydney. Did you already checked in this direction? You meet new people which all are in the same situation - being new in town - you can do something together, explore your new home and it will definitely not be boring, indeed you will gain friends. And it might help you to reduce stress, worries and see everything from a positive side again.

As people pointed out here before we all are going through good and bad times, sometimes we even feel overwhelmed with certain situations and it's always important to find help if you feel you can't deal with certain issues yourself. Don't be ashamed.

Melati, can't you just go right now and pick up Yasmine for a cup of coffee?

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know you 7ayat, but I read many of your posts, even the oldest, and always felt we were very similar.
I think now you're married you're planning to have a baby, so please, throw your old ghosts away now, because the successive steps your child will take may remind you of very bad events. You will live again what you lived long time ago, what is the root of your current ill ease.
I saw that with my little sister -I'm talking of her a lot these days!, every step she took awoke what I had lived at her age.
It takes time, but you are very strong, and you will overcome all this, I'm sure of that.
Praying helped me a lot too. I told God that I wanted to change, that I couldn't keep living with all my fears, that I was destroying my couple, everything you would tell a friend. And He helped me to change, by making me meet the right persons, and by seeing deeper inside me. Ask Him and He will help you, He never let anyone down.
I'm happy with your last message 7ayat.

Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by *Tigerlily*:
Yasmine, please don't be offended but maybe you indeed need some psychological help and find someone you can trust and talk to. You went through a lot of changes lately, you got married, you moved to a another continent, have to get used to a totally new culture, you have eating problems and suffer from insomnia.

I am sure your hubby is doing everything what he can to understand and support you and will not let you down.

I also wondered if it might would be interesting for you to join newcomer group meetings in Sydney. Did you already checked in this direction? You meet new people which all are in the same situation - being new in town - you can do something together, explore your new home and it will definitely not be boring, indeed you will gain friends. And it might help you to reduce stress, worries and see everything from a positive side again.

As people pointed out here before we all are going through good and bad times, sometimes we even feel overwhelmed with certain situations and it's always important to find help if you feel you can't deal with certain issues yourself. Don't be ashamed.

Melati, can't you just go right now and pick up Yasmine for a cup of coffee?

hey tiger i sent you a pm
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Barbapapa:
I don't know you 7ayat, but I read many of your posts, even the oldest, and always felt we were very similar.
I think now you're married you're planning to have a baby, so please, throw your old ghosts away now, because the successive steps your child will take may remind you of very bad events. You will live again what you lived long time ago, what is the root of your current ill ease.
I saw that with my little sister -I'm talking of her a lot these days!, every step she took awoke what I had lived at her age.
It takes time, but you are very strong, and you will overcome all this, I'm sure of that.
Praying helped me a lot too. I told God that I wanted to change, that I couldn't keep living with all my fears, that I was destroying my couple, everything you would tell a friend. And He helped me to change, by making me meet the right persons, and by seeing deeper inside me. Ask Him and He will help you, He never let anyone down.
I'm happy with your last message 7ayat.

i feel we are the same too, especially after reading your last post. like i also feel that my fear is ruining everything i have, and i will pray god inshallah to make it go away, and to make me a stronger person inshallah
Nanouk
Member # 10384

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nanouk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
i also feel that my fear is ruining everything i have, and i will pray god inshallah to make it go away, and to make me a stronger person inshallah

Just the fact that you are talking about it means that you are stronger.
You know the proverb: "Elle yekhaf men el 3afreet yetla3loh" is true. The reason is that it takes a lot of energy to keep the fear under the lid, when we encounter a moment of weakness then we don't have the energy to do that.
Maybe that fear is trying to tell you something that you are resisting. I would suggest that instead of pushing it away, invite your fear for a cup of tea and have a long and inimate conversation.
I found out that making friends with my demons is a lot easier than fighting them (they know me so well).

Posts: 143 | From: Silicon Valley | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Nanouk:
quote:
i also feel that my fear is ruining everything i have, and i will pray god inshallah to make it go away, and to make me a stronger person inshallah

I would suggest that instead of pushing it away, invite your fear for a cup of tea and have a long and inimate conversation.

never thought of it this way before nanouk [Big Grin]

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com