EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » how can I sleep?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how can I sleep?
Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not suffering from insomnia hamdallh I sleep 7 hours each night, but I have a problem that I always wake up every 2 hours or every hour an half.
this is really bothering me [Frown]
ANY suggestion?

Posts: 968 | From: www | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sohyla
Member # 8287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sohyla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is anything in your life bothering you? Is your bedroom quiet? Did you buy anything with a different smell recently?
Posts: 516 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by minry80:
Is anything in your life bothering you?
Is your bedroom quiet?
Did you buy anything with a different smell recently?

of course there are lot of things in my life bothering me!
I always put diffrent Kind of "musk" in my room.
and yes my bed room is quite but recently I sleep and the lights is on!! [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 968 | From: www | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems that you don't get to fall in the third stage of sleep, the deep one.

A big NO NO in the bedroom....no plants (they suck up the oxygen in the room), no incense (except for the times when you don't get there to sleep), no lights on,maybe just a small night lamp (so your brain could release melatonin).

Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should try to sleep everyday at the same time and the same number of hours. If you wake up every 2 hours you ccan try to drink: Tranquillity from Twinings [Smile] I know is a funy name but it works on me. Is made with Liden'Camomile, orange leaves,is a refreshing drink to help you to calm and relax.
Here is the URL:http://www.twinings.co.uk/Infusions/BlendedForYou/BlendedforTranquillity.html [Smile]

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think plants create oxygen. [Big Grin]
Lights will definitely make you wake up more.

Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sadeeqy:

A big NO NO in the bedroom....no plants (they suck up the oxygen in the room), no incense (except for the times when you don't get there to sleep), no lights on,maybe just a small night lamp (so your brain could release melatonin).

NO NO NO!!!!!! lots and lots of plants!!! they give off oxygen not suck it up! [Roll Eyes] Sedeeqy!!!
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

no plants inside my room!!
there is a bunch of Musk stones it my room that's it?
it's something like perfume! [Roll Eyes]

Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, Charm!

quote:
If you are like most people, you know that plants give off oxygen. But, there is a problem with knowing that fact. Sometimes knowledge of one thing can interfere with knowing something else. That's what happens in this case.

People who know that plants give off oxygen often assume that plants must not also take it in. But this assumption is wrong. All living things, plants included, take in oxygen from the air.

Plant cells have special structures called chloroplasts, named for the chlorophyll they contain. Plants use chlorophyll to capture energy from the sun, then they use that energy to make food in a process called photosynthesis.

The food is made by combining small molecules of water with small molecules of carbon dioxide to make larger molecules of starch and sugar. (Oxygen is released as a byproduct of photosynthesis.) The starch and sugar are stored by the plant then used by us when we eat plants.

But feeding us is not why a plant goes to all the trouble of making starch and sugar. Plants use the food they make to fuel their own growth and activities. And that's where oxygen comes in again.

To "burn" fuel requires oxygen. Animals breathe in oxygen and use it to extract energy from food. This process of using oxygen to release energy from food is called respiration. Plants use oxygen in exactly the same way!

http://www.mcps.k12.md.us/departments/eventscience/EBS.OS1_RS~DF.html

So, during the day, they give off oxygen and during the night...guess what's happening....
Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Asooma:
no plants inside my room!!
there is a bunch of Musk stones it my room that's it?
it's something like perfume! [Roll Eyes]

I know that aromatherapy is helpful, but i don't know what do you use...
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try Lavendel Asooma. Spray it on your pillow.
Try having a warm shower before going to bed too.

Dont sleep with the lights on. Cause some ppl when they sleep, their eyes open a bit. so it may distract your sleep.

when going to be, focus on good things. forget day trouble.

and what i find is relaxing. is to listen to the quran. always makes me forget this world. and makes me peaceful.

hope it helps.

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

it sounds like someone knows a little tooooooo much about growing plants and lights!!!!
got a little homegrown import export business going on there sadeeqy!!!?!!!

[Cool]

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
No, Charm!

quote:
If you are like most people, you know that plants give off oxygen. But, there is a problem with knowing that fact. Sometimes knowledge of one thing can interfere with knowing something else. That's what happens in this case.

People who know that plants give off oxygen often assume that plants must not also take it in. But this assumption is wrong. All living things, plants included, take in oxygen from the air.

Plant cells have special structures called chloroplasts, named for the chlorophyll they contain. Plants use chlorophyll to capture energy from the sun, then they use that energy to make food in a process called photosynthesis.

The food is made by combining small molecules of water with small molecules of carbon dioxide to make larger molecules of starch and sugar. (Oxygen is released as a byproduct of photosynthesis.) The starch and sugar are stored by the plant then used by us when we eat plants.

But feeding us is not why a plant goes to all the trouble of making starch and sugar. Plants use the food they make to fuel their own growth and activities. And that's where oxygen comes in again.

To "burn" fuel requires oxygen. Animals breathe in oxygen and use it to extract energy from food. This process of using oxygen to release energy from food is called respiration. Plants use oxygen in exactly the same way!

http://www.mcps.k12.md.us/departments/eventscience/EBS.OS1_RS~DF.html

So, during the day, they give off oxygen and during the night...guess what's happening....
I got that question on my science exam. THANK GOD that I actually read the book trillion times before!
Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:
it sounds like someone knows a little tooooooo much about growing plants and lights!!!!
got a little homegrown import export business going on there sadeeqy!!!?!! [Cool]

Nope. I'm a tree-hugger. They share secrets, you know.... [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

http://www.fian.com/artwork/sillyspots/treehuggersm.jpg

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
i think ive got about 20 plants in my bedroom. now what am i gonna do?

great! so now ive got weird fingers.. im not very sexy AND my brain is being starved of oxygen while i sleep!!!! what next?

anyway Asooma. i wake up in the night too... i just reach for a drink (water) turn my pillow (dont you love that cold side of the pillow) and go back to sleep.
maybe if you just took waking up as part of your nights sleep you would just get used to it? then when it wasnt bothering you so much it might not happen so much.

Kerry
Member # 6310

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmhhhh maybe try to get urself tired, like a walk or swimming or doin sports stuff like that, so u ll have a deep sleep coz ur whole body is done, thats what happens to me, but hey guys i can sleep in middle of tahrir square without gettin awake [Smile] hamdulelah

wish u good luck and a good sleep

--------------------
~InsHallAh~

Posts: 147 | From: Mainz,Germany/ Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shhhhhhh...

[Confused]

Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
asooma, ouim suffering from insomnia too, so i knw how you feel? But why do you sleep with the lights on?
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FairyDust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.sleepchannel.net/
You can read about the causes, symptoms and treatments of many sleep disorders. There can be many things going on in your body that cause you to wake up during the night. I would start with sleep apnea and periodic limb movement and REM behavior disorder, check what syptoms apply or don't apply to you.

Posts: 333 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roman chamomile is nice oil to burn in an oil burner, as is lavender.
The musk might be too strong for sleeping Asooma.
I would try chammolmile or lavender.
Apparantly NEROLI oil is a relief against insomnia

http://www.thexton.com.au/product/Sunspirit/Neroli__..-Citrus__aurantium-..__13ml

as does marjoram

http://www.thexton.com.au/product/Sunspirit/Marjoram__Origanum__majorana__13ml

http://www.thexton.com.au/product/Sunspirit/Dreamtime__13ml

http://www.thexton.com.au/product/Sunspirit/Lavender%2C__French__..-Lav.and.ula__angustifolia-..__25ml

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by 7ayat- nefsi fe sobya:
asooma, ouim suffering from insomnia too, so i knw how you feel? But why do you sleep with the lights on?

because sometimes i feel like some one will come and say 3awwwwwwwwwwwwww!
silly ha?

Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
atchoum
Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Hey Asoom,
did you try any of the tips here?
are you still not able to sleep?

Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
Hey Asoom,
did you try any of the tips here?
are you still not able to sleep?

yes honey, I 4got 2 thank you all guys, they are really very helpful...
Now I wake up twice only, and I think this is fine!
bgd shokreen X

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com