EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » HELP PLEASE ! BIRTHDAY LATE SPECIAL! FINANCEE INVOLVED

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP PLEASE ! BIRTHDAY LATE SPECIAL! FINANCEE INVOLVED
thinkdifferent
Member # 9415

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for thinkdifferent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I would really appreciate if somebody could answer asap!

Here is the problem:

My financee has birthday tomorrow (I guess you already now where this is heading to "ashamed"). She is a Canadian, studying now in Cairo, I am Egyptian but in Germany.

Anyway, I told my cousin to get her a nice flower arrangement in white. I know, very uncreative.. but it should only serve as a appetizer, till the packet I was supposed to send her from Germany arrives.

So he tells me, it costs around 300 Egyptian Pounds, because it is mothers day in Egypt and on short notice.

Anyways, I figured out that a "beauty & wellness" treatment would be much better. I know she would love it, since she's never giving herself any special treatment. And she has back-problems too.

WELL HER IS MY REQUEST:

Posts: 16 | From: Bonn | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by thinkdifferent:
WELL HER IS MY REQUEST:

thinkdifferent! thinkdifferent!

es7a es7a

Somebody please call an ambulance..

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thinkdifferent
Member # 9415

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for thinkdifferent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SORRY... (this is the important part)

Does anybody know any facility? Like a hamam. Or a decent beauty center?

I asked already the Four Seasons and their offer was 190 US$ for a package, adding to it 30% Tax and other fees.

Its way too much for me, since I am a student.

150-300 Pounds would be okay.

I heard of a Moroccan Hamam in Cairo, which sounded perfect. Steam bath, rinsing, cleaning and stuff like that. A real refreshment treat amidst Cairo Pollution.

I would really much appreciate any kind of suggestion or hints regarding "Beauty & Wellness".

Thank you.

Posts: 16 | From: Bonn | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thinkdifferent
Member # 9415

Rate Member
Sorry for any spelling mistake.

I guess you figured out (Koshari), that I am typing nervously here... ;-)

thinkdifferent
Member # 9415

Rate Member
Ohh! Come on guys!

no answer? nobody ever enjoyed a SPA in Cairo?

_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dont be cheap ... send her to the Four Seasons.
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thinkdifferent there is a spa in cairo
that i went to
i will try to find it for you [Smile]

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShannonAmr
Member # 10352

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShannonAmr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.sonesta.com/egypt_cairo/page.asp?PageID=4517

http://www.larosespa.com/

Posts: 130 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002491#000000

check this topic thinkdifferent. I had it a while ago and it has many good spa places.

la rose spa is very good too.

best of luck

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShannonAmr
Member # 10352

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShannonAmr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, La rose looked the best to me! But... It doesn't have prices listed. Good luck! [Smile]
Posts: 130 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShannonAmr
Member # 10352

Member Rated:
WOW! I know where I'm getting my next spa treatment! Great prices there! ...

I get free 1-1/2 hour massages through work though! 26 a year! [Big Grin]

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
but sure to tell them that your friend told you about this place and that these are the price she told you that they had. or else they will make it higher. [Wink]
thinkdifferent
Member # 9415

Rate Member
Thanks a lot guys...

Really its very much appreciated.

Special thanks to Serendipity. I am not very often here, but she seems a valuable addition to his forum.

I keep you updated how it went (if you interested).

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
yeah so they can easily trick you

for me the prices they was
for moroccan bath
100 LE
for massage
50 le per hour

are you serious? i went three times for a morrocon bath, and every time i paid 275 L.E [Mad]
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thinkdifferent
Member # 9415

Rate Member
275 LE. for a Moroccan bath. Thats what they told me as well.

And 90 LE as a starting for massage. i guess that means for 25mins.

Anyways I think I'll go for the bath!

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Thinkdifferent I am glad you found the present you were looking for [Smile] I am sure she will love it!

7ayat, I dont know maybe because it was me and my cousin. Also we did everything possible at that place [Big Grin]
I had only 100 LE left so they said ok [Big Grin]

thinkdifferent
Member # 9415

Rate Member
275 LE. for a Moroccan bath. Thats what they told me as well.

And 90 LE as a starting for massage. i guess that means for 25mins.

Anyways I think I'll go for the bath!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com