EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Constitution Home Parents

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Constitution Home Parents
Nanouk
Member # 10384

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nanouk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dastour Ya Ahl El Dar!

Anybody Home?
It's so quite in here.

Posts: 143 | From: Silicon Valley | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quite quiet
Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nanouk
Member # 10384

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nanouk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The board seems a little thread bare [Big Grin]
Posts: 143 | From: Silicon Valley | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Constitution Home Parents???

huh?
[Confused]

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well...I will try to write the beginning of the Constitution [Smile] [Wink]

Title I - General principles
Article 1 - What means to be a parent
http://www.lovecounts.net/YouCount/writing/letters/parenting.htm

It's a nice letter! [Smile]

Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah i noticed, where is everybody???
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well the site is going completely mad.. I am not surprised ppl leaving.
Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Jesus Cesar:
Quite quiet

I prefer when it stays quiet in here sometimes
Nanouk
Member # 10384

Member Rated:
Not sure how to get a new dialog going after all that happened yesterday.
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what happened?? I was too busy eating popcorn [Big Grin]
someone update me please

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
someone update me please

Before we were in the presence of agitated elements.

Then Anthropos led us to a really analytic topic in the asking about underground economy.

Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Jesus Cesar:
quote:
someone update me please

Before we were in the presence of agitated elements.

Then Anthropos led us to a really analytic topic in the asking about underground economy.

Of course this temporary leadership is based on scientifical interest that is shared by all on this forum.
Nanouk
Member # 10384

Member Rated:
quote:
someone update me please

It is probably not productive to rehash it all over again.
Suffices to say that there were very pointed threads where names were named that were promptly deleted (including a forever memorable zaghroota) [Big Grin] .
There were also fraudulent threads forged to very decent users. These have also disappeared.

LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question -
In some posts, I notice members will write an Arabic word inside a sentence that's otherwise all English.
Is there some reason that only occasional words are left in Arabic and not whole posts in Arabic or completely in English?
Is it simply a matter of there being no good translation for particular words??

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nanouk
Member # 10384

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by LovedOne:
Question -
In some posts, I notice members will write an Arabic word inside a sentence that's otherwise all English.
Is there some reason that only occasional words are left in Arabic and not whole posts in Arabic or completely in English?
Is it simply a matter of there being no good translation for particular words??

Putting some words that have meaning to some but not others is rude, I apologize if that is how it comes across.
Most are "just the right expression" but not the right language. The translation would be just odd just as the title of this thread.
Humor is a major part of the Egyptian psyche, specially in not so happy times. I feel this is one of those.

LovedOne
Member # 10222

I don't necessarily view it as rude, it just always leaves me a little disoriented to any particular post that has Egyptian words in it.
I find it done quite a bit here on the boards, and really I don't mind so much, it just means that I need to either assume what it says (which is a bad thing to do) or just almost ignore the post altogether.
Either way, not a big deal, I was just curious.

Sorry you feel that this is a not so happy time.
I guess things are a tad on the Twilight Zone side around here at the moment.

By the way, in case you didn't notice, it's a beautiful day out, you should try to get outside before the rain comes tomorrow.
[Smile]

Nanouk
Member # 10384

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by LovedOne:
By the way, in case you didn't notice, it's a beautiful day out, you should try to get outside before the rain comes tomorrow.
[Smile]

Cannot go outside now: Hiho, hiho etc ...
(just for you I did an English expression that cannot be translated to Arabic) [Big Grin]

LovedOne
Member # 10222

[Smile]

I don't have a window at my cube, but there's windows all over in the room so I can see the reflection of the sunlight.
*sigh*
To be at the beach would be wonderful, even if it was cold. [Big Grin]

And yeah, I guess that would be an odd expression to translate.
I wonder what that's originally from. When I hear it i think of the Disney movie Snow White and The Seven Dwarves, but I can't belive it originated from that.

Nanouk
Member # 10384

Member Rated:
The snow on the east bay hills is still spectacular, such an unusual sight!

The Disney movie is the original source of that song.

LovedOne
Member # 10222

I thought all the snow had melted. My work is really so close to the hills. Just a couple of miles drive away. It was neat to see it while it was coming down. Though freeeeeezing cold outside of course. [Big Grin]
It seems that it snows in the hills every couple of years or so, though I do think this year it has snowed more than any previous year that I can remember.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com