EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Relocating to Cairo (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Relocating to Cairo
ajay
Member # 10604

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ajay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone, may I trouble you all for some advic and honesty.

I am a UK man with a family including two children (11 and 16) and I have just been offered a new post that involves me moving from Dubai to cairo.

I am being offered somewhere in the region of 40,000 egyption pouunds a month salary and wanted to know a bit more about life in Cairo - where are the best places to live - good english schools for the kids and generally will I be okay with this kind of salary.

Thank you all in advance

Posts: 10 | From: Dubai | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you will be more than ok with this kind of salary! you will like a king, you can rent almost any apartment you want, have cooks, and maids. but i guess you are used to that lifestyle if you have lived in dubai.
as for the places to live, well that is very relative. many foreigners like to say in maadi, because its green and quiet, zamalek, because its near the nile, and has many exapsts, or garden city because its near downtown cairo.
i was raised in heliopolis, so im very biased, i think its beautiful, with a very nice feel to it.
if you like crowded areas with a lot of hustle and bustle, then go for mohandseen, it has some of the hottest spots in cairo.

if you want a villa with a garden in a quiet clean place, then live in one of the new resorts like katemeya, shrouq or 6th of october city.

good luck, and i hope inshallah you can enjoy your stay in cairo!

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
are you for real? you must be intelligent to earn that much... yet you dont know if £4k a month is enough to live on.... in EGYPT????? its enough to live on anywhere for crying out loud. and you thought it best to look into it in a chat forum?????

sorry, no offense! welcome to ES!!

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HEY BUDDY WHAT YOU DOING IN DUBAI I USED TO LIVE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PLACE NEAR CITY CENTRE,UNLESS U HAVE TO MOVE STOP WHERE YOU ARE,ITS NOT THE SAME AS THERE AT ALL.I MISS THE PLACE MY FRIENDS HAVE HOTELS THERE OVER IN BUR DE BUAI.ARE THEY STILL BUILDING THE HELL OUT OF EVERY WHERE.4K IS GOOD WAGE WHAT YOU IN TO WHISKY SMUGLING THAT THE ONLY JOB I KNOW THAT PAYS THAT MONEY A WEEK
Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
let me guess ... your next thread will be titled:

"Relocating to Cairo and hoping to meet some local women"

now that the salary is out in the open and all ...

Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes] posters sometimes can't win. if they don't give a ballpark figure of their budget, they're told they need to be more specific. if they do, they're told all else.

ajay, be sure to factor in private schools, as they can be pricey. there's lots of language schools but the american (CAC) and the british one (sorry don't know the exact name) are the #1 and #2 most expensive ones. There's other alternatives, but often the teaching credentials aren't always good, so you really do end up with what you pay for.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ajay:
Hello everyone, may I trouble you all for some advic and honesty.

I am a UK man with a family including two children (11 and 16) and I have just been offered a new post that involves me moving from Dubai to cairo.

I am being offered somewhere in the region of 40,000 egyption pouunds a month salary and wanted to know a bit more about life in Cairo - where are the best places to live - good english schools for the kids and generally will I be okay with this kind of salary.

Thank you all in advance

i think for your profile the best place to live in cairo is going to be in maadi. The place is south / south-east and it's reposeful, not noisy and you have a choice of a lot of different schools, french lycée (the best one) american college (pricy but it worth it) and other language schools.
Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so ajay where in dubai are you from
Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

so ajay where in dubai are you from
ajay
Member # 10604

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ajay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you everyone so far, let me clarify a few things for you all;

1. I am not after any women as I am happy married with two lovely children.

2. I apologise about putting my salary on here but I needed to know what people thought of the salary - some people have replied quoting 4k a week, I'm confused! I have converted my Dubai salary to Egyption punds at its working out at 40,000 a month. Can someone also tell me what the tax laws are regarding salary.

3. No - I dont smuggle whiskey, drugs or anything else - I am a manager of a telecommunications group about to set up a new division in north africa.

4. I was originally born in Kenya but moved to the UK when I was 6 where I lived up to last year when I moved to the UAE.

5. I work from three offices, Sheikh Zayed Rd, Bur Dubai (near the Abra station) and Jumeirah - depends what I am doing to what office I go to but I prefer the Bur Dubai office for the atmosphere and local food.

6. I actually dont live in Dubia, I live in Sharjah (just next to Dubai) WHY? because I hate Dubai and the hustle and bustle - I like a quiet life.

I want to thank you all, Inshallah I will make the right decision and my family will benefit from what I do, In the meantime can you all please keep up with the advice and comments.

Thanks

Posts: 10 | From: Dubai | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

ok ajay if you live shajah then egypt is the same,find it strange the hustle of dubai ,so you must love drive down the bloody road and sitting for hours in traffic,i used to live next to the clock tower facing the telephone place etisalat,
ajay
Member # 10604

Rate Member
I leave home at 5:30am every morning, drop the kids at school at Garhoud and then go to work. Dubai is great but its just so false and full of idiots who all think they are rich or want to be rich - I like the social aspects of Sharjah.

I have been looking at buying a villa in Cairo but this time my wife has decided she does not want to work (she is a bank manager here) so I am after a good location but its got to be close to an english school.

mac0623
Member # 10529

yes i have been left a year now was a really good place but things changing every day,used to go up in the desert on quad bikes toward hatta mountains.my factory was up in shajah one near paint round about the other where the cement factory near the sheikh palce
ajay
Member # 10604

Rate Member
excellent - I know the place well, I dont quad but I have a jet ski that I take to Al Khan lake every weekend.

So what you doing in Cairo and tell me what its really like compared to here.

mac0623
Member # 10529

sorry not in cario in sharm el sheikh and live in the uk.my friend is from there and in fact is giong back today he does not like it and to be honest you will find a big difference between main land egypt and the uae.just little things the cars here are 20 years old that the taxis.my advice if you can stop where you are then stop.yes i know where you work i used to like driving op that road and looking at the buildings if there is one thing in dubai they know how to build.all be it on cheap imported labour.could not belive how they have labour camps there
mac0623
Member # 10529

well off out now have a good day ajay got to take my car in hope the weather is good miss them days where you carnt breath lol
LiveItUp
Member # 4811

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiveItUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think if quite is what you desire you will find it in CAiro. But for that kind of money you might be able to buy it. Laugh...
God bless you for your achievement....if you need to unload any look me up...
Good luck......
Yes, Maidi is supposedly lovely.

Posts: 395 | From: Whereever I go | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malak
Member # 3654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ajay,

I live in an area just outside Cairo called Al rehab. Its a nice quite area, lots to do, sporting club on site, and 3 good schools, British/Futures/and a Dutch school.
This is also situated off the ring road which goes around cairo, so for example, if you live at Rehab, and work in Mohadinseen, it may take you around 30 minutes to work by car.
If you give the Alrehab office a call, I know that they normally sell villa's apartments etc, but i am sure they wil know of available properties to rent. I will get there number for you and send it on in another post. Good luck

Posts: 288 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ajay
Member # 10604

Rate Member
Thanks everyone - your help is appreciated and any more comments are welcome.
ShootingStar
Member # 9470

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShootingStar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi ajay. I sent you a PM.
Posts: 118 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for citizen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cairo is the hustliest and busliest place on Earth, Ajay!! So if you're looking for quiet you're coming to the wrong place. International schools will cost you 3 to 4 months salary for both your kids. Try to get your company to include a school fee package.
Posts: 1039 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ccm
Member # 8181

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ccm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
now you have me interested in the telecommunications company that you are setting up in Egypt. We are planning to move there this summer and I have worked for many years in this industry. Can I get some feedback from you concerning growth of this firm over the next year.
Posts: 12 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
el_la7w_el_khafy
Member # 10639

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for el_la7w_el_khafy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May I suggest a good school for the kids..The British International School in Cairo. Its in Zamalek. Best British education u'll get in cairo.
Posts: 26 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaza
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stay Home [Smile]

--------------------
HandsUpHandsDown is that american woman who used to be known as "ana huna" in ES! Strange but true.

Posts: 1123 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ajay
Member # 10604

Rate Member
Thats not nice!

Why shouldnt I come?

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when are you moving?
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ajay
Member # 10604

Rate Member
I have been offered a very good position with a major telecoms company in cairo, simply they want me to set up a new division for North Africa and are paying me what I believe to be an excellent salary and package - thats why I am on here to see if the package they have offered is good as I dont know the cost of living in Cairo.

They have put a final offer as follows:

Monthly salary 40,000 egyption pounds per month
Rent Allowance 14,000 egyption pounds per month
School Allowance 90,000 egyption pounds per year
Car Allowance 30,0000 egyption pounds per year

Plus an anual bonus, health cover, life insurance, pension and four tickets to the UK or Dubai for me and the family every year.

I have been told this is an amazing package but again excuse my ignorance because I have no idea what kind of standard of life I can expect in Cairo for that kind of money.

I am coming over in two weeks to have a look at some villa's and schools and make a decision.

malak
Member # 3654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ajay,
That is a fantastic offer, especially having schooling etc as an extra benefit. You will have a very high standard of living, if you wish to use it all. However you have a great opportunity here to save alot of money and still have a nice standard of living.
Enjoy your visit, I would be interested to hear what you thought of Cairo on your return. Keep us posted

Posts: 288 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
giz a job!

how olds your son??!!! JOKING!

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
i advise you to get a personal trainer. the best that money can buy.
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
arent you a personal trainer charm [Roll Eyes]

nice advice [Smile]

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I have been offered a very good position with a major telecoms company in cairo, simply they want me to set up a new division for North Africa and are paying me what I believe to be an excellent salary and package - thats why I am on here to see if the package they have offered is good as I dont know the cost of living in Cairo.

Plus an anual bonus, health cover, life insurance, pension and four tickets to the UK or Dubai for me and the family every year.

I have been told this is an amazing package but again excuse my ignorance because I have no idea what kind of standard of life I can expect in Cairo for that kind of money.

I am coming over in two weeks to have a look at some villa's and schools and make a decision.

Put it this way, a good salary for an Egytpian or even a normal ex-pat who has been employed in country is 2,000 - 5,000 LE. They probably couldn't afford to send their kids to the best private schools, but they could live in a good area, have a good social life, and also do some travelling. We used to have a single ex-pat American who said that she spent 6,000LE a month, but that seemed to cover a busy western style social life, frequenting ex-pat haunts.

This perhaps explains why not many people are giving you too much feedback when you keep on talking about these type of figures!

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatic For The People
Member # 7160

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Automatic For The People     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Income Tax............
Posts: 637 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
and on that advise ajay you should write in 6000LE per month for your trainer... it would appear thats what ex pats earn.

that should buy you an hour, 3 times per week. a bargain, i command more than that here.

now... shall we talk about sports massage?

another 4000LE per month buys you a 20 minute session after the training.

hows your diet?

Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cairo: The Practical Guide

ISBN: 9774248686
Format: Paperback, 256pp
Pub. Date: December 2001
Publisher: American University in Cairo Press
Edition Description: REV
Barnes & Noble Sales Rank: 350,103

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&isbn=9774248686&itm=2

Its thin real thin and has some off-color politically incorrect remarks too. But who I am to judge, right?

Well most of the stuff in this guide is the same as lonely planet rough guide to Egypt.

Now its been a while since someone dug up old threads on the cost of living and post the links for someone.

I take many of these type of publications with a grain of salt.

On ET dunes had done a phenomenal job of listing a grid for the cost of living.

In the Arab Gulf they organize compound life excessively for expats. In Cairo, you must do it yourself.

I suggest you hand this over to your wife and let her handle it.

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
"On ET dunes had done a phenomenal job of listing a grid for the cost of living."

well....... heres your chance to copy and paste something of use!!!!!!!

Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:
"On ET dunes had done a phenomenal job of listing a grid for the cost of living."

well....... heres your chance to copy and paste something of use!!!!!!!

ET is shut down. I have a copy at home on my PC but my CD-RW doesn't work and don't have a flash drive until those buggers at Centon send it back to me and of course my luck with floppy disks.....

Well it is finals week of course nothing works. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
HA HAHA!!! sono, you make me laugh... you have it saved! he he.

good luck with your exams chick.

Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:
HA HAHA!!! sono, you make me laugh... you have it saved! he he.

good luck with your exams chick.

I have ES, ET arabist.net, el-shella, and a few others saved. Got this search engine I am testing and will re-create a freaking grid of useful relocation information.

If it was only exams I'd be lucky, but no its long papers. Thank Goodness its my last year. [Eek!]

ajay
Member # 10604

Rate Member
Thanks again everyone but one more question - What is the level of income tax?
Automatic For The People
Member # 7160

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatic For The People     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Thanks again everyone but one more question - What is the level of income tax?

That's a very good question and I have been looking into it myself for a while and it looks like I will have to get the answers from an accountant.

According to this website:

http://www.amcham.org.eg/dbe/taxation_new.asp#7

Anything over 50,000 LE is taxed at 32% but I think that is for Egyptians. There are are provisions for non-residents/foreigners. For example :

Treatment of Foreigners and Foreign Branches

Resident foreigners (i.e. staying in Egypt for more than 183 days in a calendar year) get same tax treatment as locals. On the other hand, non-resident foreigners get a different treatment. Non-resident foreign employees are taxed at a rate of 10% without any deductions. Foreign branches get same local corporate tax treatment.

I would suggest you contact an accountant while in Egypt to know exactly where you stand. If you end up paying 32% tax, that's quite a chunk!! You will still be doing very well but compared to whom?

Posts: 637 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the income tax for under 50,000 LE ?
Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
Originally posted by Anthropos:

Thats 10,000USD and you are probably taxed by your own government accordingly.

Your embassy has details on this. But getting an answer from your embassy can be alot of effort.

Automatic For The People
Member # 7160

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Automatic For The People     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Organized Crime:
quote:

On drugs again sonomod? What exactly does that mean and how much help do you think that was?
Automatic For The People
Member # 7160

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatic For The People     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Again according to the website I posted above:

The first 5000LE , you don't get taxed on them

From 5001-20000LE, you pay 10% = 1500LE

From 20000LE-40000LE you pay 15% = 3000LE (there seem to be an overlap here)

From 40000LE-49999LE you pay 20% = 2000LE ( an overlap here also)

For a total taxation of 6500LE

On the other hand if you make exactly 50000LE your tax rate is 20% on the whole thing which comes out to 10000LE

Does anyone know what LE stands for?

TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
egyptiab lira [Confused]

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
Originally posted by Automatic For The People:
quote:
Originally posted by Organized Crime:
quote:

On drugs again sonomod? What exactly does that mean and how much help do you think that was?
Dude the tax on the first 50000le (Egyptian Pound) is tax in your home's country tax code.

To put it honestly, your homecountry gets a shot at taxing you first. Then if you exceed a certain amount the host country gets to tax you.

You see in 1996 the expatriate tax code was changed. It was extremely unworth it for Americans to work abroad in some countries because they were double taxed to an excess. For young yuppies with no tax deductions it meant you were working for the experience and also working abroad puts your career into the fast track.

Not bad for only one year of business school.(meaning me, I am an IT major that switched)

Also the 1996 expat tax code allowed American retirees to live off of less than 10,000 or so USD without paying taxes to their host country. But it gave these host countries (especially Costa Rica, which lobbied for some of this) a chance to tax the hell out of the middle class and wealthy and recoup some of the investment in infastracture to attract these retirees.

Thats from reading all those pesky fricking UN and UNESCO reports.

You see dip-**** child porn loving Automatic, the world is looking forward to America's babyboom generation retiring.

Also many aid agencies are seeing the massive "brain drain" and want to incite western born and educated technocrats into starting their careers building what the "brain drain" population should've if they had stayed at home.

So we are looking at shifting populations, immigration, retirement, and all these factors make the income tax game for expats or retirees abroad a hodge-podge according to what type of income it is, how much, what host country, and why you are there. Including what type of industry your income stems from, expat or retirement income.

For instance, if you are a military retiree or a retiree from the Petro business, even Cargil you get some advantages of tax breaks in certain countries that if you were a CPA in the textile industry you wouldn't.

If you are an American there are literally hundreds of variations in the tax code abroad.

Cripes it was reformed in the Clinton era, a fullbright scholar. He also worked 20 hour days. It was an election year package. So in order to put his "Kenedy" type dreams through the house, he had to put some Corporate Dream legislation into it as well. Its bound to have termendous amounts of global social-engineering tied into it. [Roll Eyes]

Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
Originally posted by Automatic For The People:

Does anyone know what LE stands for?

With a last name like Hawe, not knowing what LE stands for isn't that much of a stretch.
Ichigo
Member # 10434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ichigo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
livre égyptien (French for Egyptian pound)
Posts: 184 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LE\= Livre Egyptien (French)
Livre in English is pound.
So it's Egyptian pound

--------------------
Same crap...Different toilet

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com