EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Legal fees in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Legal fees in Egypt
david bond
Member # 10713

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for david bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone tell me what I should expect to pay in legal fees for the purchase of 2 apartments off plan in Sharm

Solicitor is in El Tour

Posts: 5 | From: northampton | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by david bond:
Can anyone tell me what I should expect to pay in legal fees for the purchase of 2 apartments off plan in Sharm

Solicitor is in El Tour

About £250 per apartment. You should ask for a discount for 2 as the works for both can be done at the same time.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
holo
Member # 4009

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for holo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi ,
the governmental fees for rigistering the apartment is 3% of the aprtments total value + some little expenses.
the attorney fees varies from lawyer to another.
you can just make a contract by an attorney without a rigistration , but it is always better to regester in agovernmental intity.

Posts: 63 | From: cairo | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was interested in this too because I have just had a Luxor lawyer quote me £2,000 sterling for transferring the ownership of a flat valued at £13,500. Another quoted me around £300 which is much nearer the mark. You really do have to shop around because there are as many rip off merchants working as lawyers as there are in any other profession.
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lawyer in Cairo from the list of recommened lawyers on the British Embassy site once quoted me the same hourly rate as a UK lawyer. It got quite embarassing as I had assumed the quote was in LE. The time for the work was also open ended which is not normal in Egypt.

With regard to the 3% registration fee I do know alot of properties in Cairo have two contracts. One with a much lower price to reduce the tax payable. No idea of the repercussions though.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the lawyers on the present British Embassy list for Luxor tried to charge a friend of mine £1,000 sterling for attending a fifteen minute meeting with her. She refused to pay it and of course he did not press charges against her for non-payment of a debt. [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
david bond
Member # 10713

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for david bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Testate agent in sharm has sent me this costing. (The lawyer+court fees+multi entry visa one year will cost 550GBP including transport. For 2 contracts will cost around 850 to 900GBP but will need to confirm with lawyer.) could I have your comments please D B
Posts: 5 | From: northampton | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by david bond:
Testate agent in sharm has sent me this costing. (The lawyer+court fees+multi entry visa one year will cost 550GBP including transport. For 2 contracts will cost around 850 to 900GBP but will need to confirm with lawyer.) could I have your comments please D B

It is way too much. The lawyer has got to go to El Tour to do his job so ok you can contribute to transport but really your only catching a ride with him. The VISA costs about LE 60. Your first price of £550 would be sensible for the two contracts and that would be generous but if he helps with the VISA then all all helps the process on its way. I still think though if you shop around you can do better.
holo
Member # 4009

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for holo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi ,
i think you can pay less than what he offered , i think i know a lawyer there , if you need his contact details , please contact me on
holo1111@yahoo.com

Posts: 63 | From: cairo | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com