EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » You know You're African When.... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: You know You're African When....
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You Know You're African When...

You carry positively EVERYTHING on your head, including huge slabs of raw meat or huge cabbages

20 minutes after you have dried from a shower you are wet again from sweat

30 degrees is cold

Water is sold in plastic bags (and juice, and ice, and cooking oil… and just about any other liquid you can sell)

The asking price is always at least three times what is reasonable

No matter how you cook your meal, there’s always sand in it

Everyone's big dream is to go to “America”

There are more flies than people

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Potter.
Member # 10461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Potter.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL
Posts: 512 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the milk, juice, and dish soap in the bags!
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh yeah, the first time my husband came home with laundry detergent in a plastic bag I said 'OHHH no, you go back and get me the REAL bag!!' [Embarrassed]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG.... hold me back...

you know your african if you wear clothes with the tags still on.
your parents sofa is covered with plastic
youve ever been beaten by your momma with an extension cord... on every syllable shes saying
the batteries in your remote are held in with electrical tape
you say axe instead of ask
you refer to a group of people as nem... "yea, goin out wiv gary and nem.
you panic at the site of a police car
if you turn into your street and see blue lights outside your house you run AWAY.

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Potter.
Member # 10461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Potter.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 512 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Piggy, which Africans are you thinking about? Sounds like African Americans?? [Confused]
Potter.
Member # 10461

That is why I was laughing [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the kind that walk around here like theyve gat a stone in one shoe... saying "yea yea yea blood", have a overcrowded council flat with 3 BMWs parked outside, who wear oversized clothes while thier 2 month old babys wearing prada, and creole ear rings.
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Potter.
Member # 10461

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] I AM ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
oh... did you mean the traffic wardens... sorry, i mean nigerians/traffic wardens... same thing in london...

[in a nigerian accent] "yoo can-not pak yo veHikle hee'a, eet eez an o-fens, yoo weel get a teeket"

think they learn it parrot fashion at heathrow, or dover... or the dole office...

seabreeze
Member # 10289

ok [Big Grin] I have to try not to laugh, but you left out the car stereo is worth more than the actual car. [Big Grin]
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
oh no no no.... not here.... they live in squats and drive 30 grand beamers...

all dealers.

Potter.
Member # 10461

People have mercy of me [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] .......
seabreeze
Member # 10289

crikey! back at home (*states) there were beaten old cars, but the system inside was worth about 6 grand. also they lived in deploreable conditions, no food in the fridge, lots of kids, and no furniture but the TV was a huge widescreen
Potter.
Member # 10461

Why are they like that ?!
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
the fridge??? you mean the 'frijrata'
seabreeze
Member # 10289

[Confused]
not sure
(disclaimer: not all just some)

seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:
the fridge??? you mean the 'frijrata'

alright?? awwrite??? or the ever popular
arrrritt

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
you know your african when your gold teeth spell something
when you cant open a door cause your nail extensions are too long
when youve slept in a chair so you dont mess up 'the do'
you roll one trouser leg up, have the waist band just hovering round the thigh showing at least 4 inches of designer underware
you walk around with one hand under your shirt on your stomach to show off said undies and 6 pack you acquired at her majesties pleasure

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
aarrrrI you mean... usually said whilst buckeling the body to one side quickly...
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
oh.. and then slapping hands and kissing teeth
seabreeze
Member # 10289

ROFL !@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
you watch crime watch to catch up with your old school pals
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
every CD case you own has bits of weed stuck to it
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
you know people called ray-ray and jam-jam and lee-lee
you wont answer the phone unless you recognise the number

Potter.
Member # 10461

[Big Grin] back to funny ones [Smile]
hellraiser
Member # 10722

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hellraiser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
every CD case you own has bits of weed stuck to it

Get out of my CD wallet!
Posts: 216 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hellraiser
Member # 10722

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hellraiser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one has mentioned two thousand dollar rims & spinners on an '87 Cutlass Supreme.
Posts: 216 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
cheapscate... 11,000 POUNDS for 28 inch spinners on a blinged up blacked out range rover
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
that you dont have a licence for
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
LOL.... all the pigeons gather on your roof in the winter due to the heat from the lights your growing your plants under in the loft!!
hellraiser
Member # 10722

Rate Member
quote:
cheapscate... 11,000 POUNDS for 28 inch spinners on a blinged up blacked out range rover

bling bling
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry guys, but the comments above made me sick.

And I am already down with influenze or a head cold and this just made me more upset (besides being barred from Easter due to my cold).

Any one hear "Moving On Up" in the back of their mind? Anyone have some George Jefferson or “Black Archie Bunker” jokes on hand?

I know this isn't a British speciality, but i really need to see some "whitey jokes" right now.

I love "whitey jokes" I laugh so hard i nearly piss my shorts.

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
perhaps you should see a doctor... you really should have more control of your bodily functions than that... vomiting and pissing.... lovely.
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
perhaps you should see a doctor... you really should have more control of your bodily functions than that... vomiting and pissing.... lovely.

Luckily, I don't vomit much. Only like 5 times during pregnancy and possibly twice not including pregnancy. But then I am probably blocking some bad memories out.

No seriously, why am I the only honky who enjoys a good "whitey joke".

Some of the best, most accurate "ghetto jokes" (all non-whites) are told by Latinos and African Americans. Some recent African immigrants spew out a bunch of winners too.

In politically correct Minnesota we don't have the open forum for racial jokes like LA does. And its a massive downer. I find when I am on public transit sitting in the back with the homeys their jokes make me so embarrassed that I turn bright red. I explain to them that its offensive to me, and they "tough ****" you whiteys don't live in the hood, so you ain't hurting. I live in the hood for 13 years now, and the worst neighborhood yet is the one I live in now, filled to the brim with white losers and loser yuppies. The neighborhoods of color were a haven compared to where I live now.

They just look at me like I have fallen from the moon. Then they relay a few whitey jokes to me, for therapy sake. I love Minneapolis. I can forget I am white for a while and enjoy people.

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

To be honest, I've never heard any whitey jokes, if anyone knows any I would love a good laugh. [Smile]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by hellraiser:
No one has mentioned two thousand dollar rims & spinners on an '87 Cutlass Supreme.

I think I saw that car on 'pimp my ride' [Big Grin]
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
To be honest, I've never heard any whitey jokes, if anyone knows any I would love a good laugh. [Smile]

I do not wonder why people have not shared them with you.
Potter.
Member # 10461

[Smile] you are both a couple of nice ladies indeed [Smile]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

We need an avatar for blushing [Big Grin]
Potter.
Member # 10461

I need a hiden ES cam to see that blush [Smile]
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
You Know You're African When...

You carry positively EVERYTHING on your head, including huge slabs of raw meat or huge cabbages

20 minutes after you have dried from a shower you are wet again from sweat

30 degrees is cold

Water is sold in plastic bags (and juice, and ice, and cooking oil… and just about any other liquid you can sell)

The asking price is always at least three times what is reasonable

No matter how you cook your meal, there’s always sand in it

Everyone's big dream is to go to “America”

There are more flies than people

that's very racist smuckers! [Mad]
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's white and fourteen inches long?
Absolutely nothing!

What do you call a bunch of white guys in a circle?
A Dope Ring!

What do you call 300 white men chasing a black man?
The PGA tour.

Why do so many white people get lost skiing?
It's hard to find them in the snow.

What did the white guy do before his blood test?
He studied.

How many white men does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
One, white men will screw anything.

What's the flattest surface to iron your jeans on?
A white girl's ass!

What did the black guy do with his M&Ms?
Eat them

What did they white guy try and do with his?
Put them in alphabetical order

Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know you're trailer trash when...

The Halloween pumpkin on your front porch has more teeth than your spouse.

You let your twelve-year-old daughter smoke at the table in front of her kids.

You've been married three times and still have the same in-laws.

You think a woman who is "out of your league" bowls on a different night.

Jack Daniel's makes your list of "Most Admired People."

You think Genitalia is an Italian airline.

You wonder how gas stations keep their restrooms so clean.

Someone in your family died right after saying "Hey, y'all watch this!"

Your Junior/Senior prom had a daycare.

You lit a match in the bathroom and your house exploded right off its wheels.

The bluebook value of your truck goes up and down, depending on how much gas it has in it.

Ya' can't git married to yer sweetheart 'cause there's a dang law against it.

You think loading the dishwasher means getting your wife drunk.

Your toilet paper has page numbers on it.

Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
AAAAAAAHHHHAHHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAH HEHEHEHEHEHEHEH HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

QueenBee!!!!!! nearly spat my coffee at the screen!!!!!

NO FAIR!!!!! We dont have trailer trash....
no trailer trash=no trailer trash jokes!!! Boooo!!!

i'll have to think of something....

! BENEFIT SUCKING COUNCIL SCUM!!!!!!

you know your on the dole when you wont brag about your blow jobs incase it affects your benefits!

Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
Originally posted by QueenBee:
Absolutely nothing!

A Dope Ring!

The PGA tour.

He studied.

A white girl's ass!

Eat them

Thank you that was so wonderful to read.

Absolutely ingenious!

seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by QueenBee:
Absolutely nothing!

A Dope Ring!

The PGA tour.

He studied.

A white girl's ass!

Eat them

ROFL !!! [Big Grin]
These are great... LOL

Karena
Member # 9835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karena     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How to speak 'Essex'

alma chizzit

A request to find the cost of an item

amant

- Quantity; sum total ("Thez a yuge amant of mud in Saffend")

assband

- Unable to leave the house because of illness, disability etc

awss

- A four legged animal, on which money is won, or more likely lost

("That awss ya tipped cost me a fiver t'day")

branna

- More brown than on a previous occasion ("Ere, Trace, ya look branna

today, ave you been on sunbed?")

cort a panda

- A rather large hamburger

dan in the maff

- Unhappy ("Wossmatta, Trace, ya look a bit dan in the maff")

eye-eels

- Women's shoes

Furrock

- The location of Lakeside Shopping Centre

garrij

- A building where a car is kept or repaired(Trace: "Oi, Darren, I

fink the motah needs ta go in the garrij cos it aint working proper")

Ibeefa

- Balaeric holiday island

lafarjik

- Lacking in energy ("I feel all lafarjik")

oi oi!

- Traditional greeting. Often heard from the doorway of pubs or during

banging dance tunes at clubs

paipa

- The Sun, The Mirror or The Sport

reband

- The period of recovery and emotional turmoil after rejection by a

lover ("I couldn't elp it, I wuz on the reband

from Craig")

Saffend

- Essex coastal resort boasting the longest pleasure pier in the

world. The place where the characters from TV's, popular soap opera,

Eastenders go on holiday

tan

- The city of London, the big smoke

webbats

- Querying the location something or someone is. ("Webbats is me dole

card Trace? I've gotta sign on in arf hour")

wonnid

- 1. Desired, needed. 2. Wanted by the police

zaggerate

- To suggest that something is bigger or better than it actually is.

("I told ya a fazzand times already")

Posts: 200 | From: uk | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
When white man found this land, Indians were running it.

There were:

- No Taxes

- No Debt

- Plenty buffalo

- Plenty beaver

- Medicine man free

- Women did all the work

- Men hunted and fished all the time

The white man was dumb enough to think he could improve on

that system!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com