EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » you learn something new every day

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: you learn something new every day
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
today i have learned that horses cant puke,

that 'Surmayye a'raasac' is a lot funnier to me than is is to my arabic teacher,

and that taking a can of beer to a job interview isnt the best idea in the world.

what have you learned today?

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catch a 4alling **ChImP**
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IM ALIVE AND ME HEART STILL BEATING [Razz]
THATS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME ..KIDS STILL WIF ME

Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wardar
Member # 8221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wardar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive learnt today that i can post on ES. It might only be twaddle im posting but ive done it 3 times in one night, im exhausted [Eek!]
Posts: 60 | From: England | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I learned where the coyotes are coming from that ate most of my chickens, and how to effectively kill them. (Garage door motion detector, blanket over the open window...BING BONG!)
I learned that an aged friend might be dying.
And which bridge to get fresh squid from.

Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I learned that some people lead a drastically different life than I do.
[Big Grin]

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:
today i have learned that horses cant puke,

that 'Surmayye a'raasac' is a lot funnier to me than is is to my arabic teacher,

and that taking a can of beer to a job interview isnt the best idea in the world.

what have you learned today?

Today I learned what a genius Dr. Phil is!

I also learned that I better hurry up and get internet connection at home, I'm so addicted to ES I want to be here everyday! [Frown]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I learned that if you're too preoccupied with your personal life and you slack off at work it could bite you in the arse.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Madame M.:
Today I learned that if you're too preoccupied with your personal life and you slack off at work it could bite you in the arse.

Just remember if you are too preoccupied with work and you slack off with your personal life, it could bite you in the arse. [Wink]

(or, which *life* is more important?) [Wink]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very true, Snoozin. I feel completely overwhelmed with all that's going on in my personal life these past few months. I will never let my work go like I have this month again..believe me!
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I learned hosbond will grill a quail in the house even after we discussed how oogy I find the thought! [Razz]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
today i learned that getting what you want can make you feel insecure.
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I learned life is precious.
Today I learned that people I love won't live forever...
Today I learned to be thankful that I am alive and
healthy...
Sorry if I took the humor out of the topic but this
is what I really learned today.

--------------------
"And in the end, the love we take will be equal to the love we make."
~The Beatles~

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I learned that nutella and banana on a piece of white bread taste GOOOOOODDDDDDD
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by sin-dee:
Today I learned life is precious.
Today I learned that people I love won't live forever...
Today I learned to be thankful that I am alive and
healthy...
Sorry if I took the humor out of the topic but this
is what I really learned today.

doesnt sound good sin-dee.... hope your ok hun.
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What we learn from here? [Big Grin]
http://www.flashfunpages.com/couple.swf

Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
ahahahaha hehehe...

and why should we?!

karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is a question not an answer [Razz]
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
it was an rhetorical question in response to the statement at the end of the clip...

as to your question...

ive learned that karla wastes time at work looking at internet funnies too!!!!

karla
Member # 5472

Oh...then means that nobody cares what you have learned [Big Grin] [Razz]
snake poison
Member # 10674

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for snake poison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
today i learnt,, hmm.....

god damn it i cant think of anything!!

Posts: 517 | From: snake city | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by karla:
Oh...then means that nobody cares what you have learned [Big Grin] [Razz]

karla honey... of course they dont!
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I also learned that Im not capable of learning anything when im hungry......... Im having one of those days where im constantly hungre fore something sweet..... Chocolate, muffins, nutella, banana, anything goes down today.
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tibe:
Today I also learned that Im not capable of learning anything when im hungry......... Im having one of those days where im constantly hungre fore something sweet..... Chocolate, muffins, nutella, banana, anything goes down today.

lol [Smile] my husband and i made a pact that we won't eat any artificial sugar for a week. today is the second day and believe me i'm cravvvvvvvvving! [Wink]
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
7ayat eat a banana or fruit! That isn't artificial sugar!
Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I learnt how to change a washer in a tap!
Easy peasy-especially after locating how to turn the HOT water off.That was the first time in my life I have done that .
I also learnt that my office will be expanding into the office next door, as we won a tender....
and we will be going for a strategic planning conference ( ie JUNKET) to talk about it for 3 days later in May. Yay!!!
Horseriding and kayaking kind of place,

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
are you checking labels?

BTW... you could try putting a piece of bread in your mouth and leaving it there... kills sugar cravings. (but i wont say why)

or you could sniff vanilla...

or (and this one works for ANY food cravings...)
Tap yourself 8 or so times with your right fingers on your right cheek bone... then the back of your left hand then your right temple then your left fore arm then your for head then the left hand again... then repeat about 4 times.

i give you my word it works.

its based on aversion therapy and acupuncture/pressure.

at first you are distracted... but those points control stomach neural pathways.

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
or (and this one works for ANY food cravings...)
Tap yourself 8 or so times with your right fingers on your right cheek bone... then the back of your left hand then your right temple then your left fore arm then your for head then the left hand again... then repeat about 4 times.

i give you my word it works.

its based on aversion therapy and acupuncture/pressure.

at first you are distracted... but those points control stomach neural pathways.

Is there a technique like this for nicotine cravings?
Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
im sure there will be.. i dont know off hand (im a nutritionist/personal trainer so i know about food).

having said that i learned about visual therapy for nicotine cravings... this is where you get a collection of pictures together and look at them in order when you crave...

unfortunately id have to assess you to find out what pictures you need...

i wonder if it could be done on line???

later tonight i'll get my info out and see.

this stuff really does work (and i dont believe in anything)!!!

its part of neuro linguistic programming (NLP)... word association taken further. and its amazing.

rossaaa
Member # 10865

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rossaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charme have you learned something about Egypt today? for a change
Posts: 30 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

If you can pass a few days the cravings will go away completely. I "detox" myself now and then. I'll go a couple months without eating any refined sugars but then someone will have a party or it'll be a holiday and I can't say no to cake! I have to start the process all over again...after I have a chocolate binge of course. [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by * 7ayat *:
quote:
Originally posted by Tibe:

lol [Smile] my husband and i made a pact that we won't eat any artificial sugar for a week. today is the second day and believe me i'm cravvvvvvvvving! [Wink]

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by fatma:
Charme have you learned something about Egypt today? for a change

yea... i learned i have another stalker there! [Wink]
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
im sure there will be.. i dont know off hand (im a nutritionist/personal trainer so i know about food).

having said that i learned about visual therapy for nicotine cravings... this is where you get a collection of pictures together and look at them in order when you crave...

unfortunately id have to assess you to find out what pictures you need...

i wonder if it could be done on line???

later tonight i'll get my info out and see.

this stuff really does work (and i dont believe in anything)!!!

its part of neuro linguistic programming (NLP)... word association taken further. and its amazing.

I've studied a little about NLP, did you know that the creator of NLP, Richard Bandler was on trial for murder, and was a serious coke-head in the mid '80s?

http://www.voxfux.com/features/cia_murder.html

Amazing stuff.

Here is a link to a 5 page article with all the gory details about Bandler & how he killed Corine Christensen, and got off using NLP.

Notice the part where his fellow students at the University of Santa Cruz (birthplace of NLP) called it "mind-fucking 101" lol

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
mind-fucking it is... and im getting pretty good at it!

i seem to have a natural aptitude for it!!! lol!!

i got into it through work... im a total sceptic so i wasnt that impressed... till i put 1 thing into practice and was floored with the results! so i tried a bit more...

its amazing how much you can use it to your own advantage... even for financial gains... trust me on that one!

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Indeed, specially in the field of sales -or any field for that matter - Bandler trains people to this day, I think.

NLP seminars typically start at $1000 USD per person.

--------------------

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
wow!!! and i get them for free!!!! work send me!!!
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
having said that, if i make more money because of it, then the gyms make 10 times as much. so it makes sense for them to send us.

we get people the results they want... word spreads.

i got an award for the most popular fitness instructor... it was partly due to NLP... i know my stuff but i have to get them to do what i say... thats fine when im with them... but what about when im not? NLP taught me how to set triggers in peoples minds to think about me at a particular time... all i have to do is assess when and where there weakness is.. and set the trigger there..... then off they go... and as soon as the weak time arrives BAM the trigger goes off... its soooooo coooooool!!!!!!

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I learned something new today - never to give up hope.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060502/ap_on_re_eu/germany_hostages

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
I learned something new today - never to give up hope.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060502/ap_on_re_eu/germany_hostages

That's a nice change of pace from what we've been seeing in the news lately, thx for posting that T. [Smile]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
Today I learned hosbond will grill a quail in the house even after we discussed how oogy I find the thought! [Razz]

ROFL, your husband is always cooking up something! lol

it's good to see you back Snoozin, miss ya [Wink]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Labibah
Member # 9742

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Labibah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I learned today, that it is almost impossible for me to get flight tickets to Hurghada in june from Norway.

and I lelarned that I can actually be very very sad because I miss Egypt so much that my heart are bleeding...

And I know I will go to Egypt even if I have to walk and swim from Norway...

--------------------
everything is possible!

Posts: 84 | From: Norway, Trondheim | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Labibah:
I learned today, that it is almost impossible for me to get flight tickets to Hurghada in june from Norway.

and I lelarned that I can actually be very very sad because I miss Egypt so much that my heart are bleeding...

wow labibah you really love egypt don't you! i hope inshallah you can get your tickets soon!
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Labibah:

have you thought about working your way there???

you could be a courier... do a search on the net... theres always a way!

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
http://www.sexualrecords.com/WSRaverages.html

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com