EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Egyptian passport and visas - Help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptian passport and visas - Help
mpj20
Member # 10622

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mpj20     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I would appeciate any information on:
1. How can an Egyptian citizan get a passport (what condictions does he/she has to fulfill, how long does it take to get one, are there any restrictions, how much does a passport cost - have different info about this - ,
2. For which countries don't Egyptian citizens need an entry tourist visa?
3. Anything else with regards passports and visas. - I'm mostly interested in a tourist visas for Egyptians and to which countries they don't need one (nothing to do with marriage, job etc, just visiting foreign countries as a tourist.)

Thanks, [Confused]

Posts: 41 | From: Austria | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Use the torque wrench to loosen the fragulator nuts, then tighten the gratchen bolts until they discombobulate.

2. Unhook the plasmatron, fit it with an old 8-track, then proceed to treat it with the atom-smasher.

3. Wear your undies on your head and dance around in front of the mirror while playing the congo drums until you pass out.

You're welcome.

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh god no STOP!!!!!!!!

lubricate the gromits BEFORE tightening the gratchen bolts...

phew!

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi mpj20.. is this for the tour guide? did you stay in touch with him then? how are you?
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mpj20
Member # 10622

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mpj20     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, Charm. it has nothing to do with the tour guide, if I stayed in touch with him, I would have asked him. It's for a friend of mine; she needs it for her studies at uni.She's doing a social research study on Egypt among others, so hellraiser, thank you, but you are just waisting my time here with your sick sence of humour. Stick the torque into a certain opening of your body and call me - I'll be more than glad to light it up for you.
Posts: 41 | From: Austria | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mpj20
Member # 10622

Rate Member
Dear Charm, I'm fine but very busy at the moment. No I decided not to have any contacts with the guide. And how are you? Who the hell is hellraiser? Some sick guy? Does he need help? I mean a medical help? Poor, poor guy. I realy feel sorry for him. Inferiority complex? Or something even more seroius? Schizophrenia?

I still need the information. Would appreciate serious answers.

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
ooooo shes a fiesty one!!!

lol! yes, i think hellraiser is a schizophrenic... or possibly even satan himself!! and yet im strangely attracted to him!!!!

hes cool... just having a laugh... he'll get you too you know.. so you might as well just give in to him now! lol!!

i cant help you im afraid... i was told 2 different things about the cost of a passport.. one was £20 000!!!!! is there no info on line?

mpj20
Member # 10622

Rate Member
Dear Charm, I know Hellraiser is a nice little Satan. I still didn't get any useful information. I couldn't find anything usefull on the internet neither. Egyptians where are you? Help me please.
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

quote:
Originally posted by mpj20:
No, Charm. it has nothing to do with the tour guide, if I stayed in touch with him, I would have asked him. It's for a friend of mine; she needs it for her studies at uni.She's doing a social research study on Egypt among others, so hellraiser, thank you, but you are just waisting my time here with your sick sence of humour. Stick the torque into a certain opening of your body and call me - I'll be more than glad to light it up for you.

It's considered bad nettiquette to come online and expect others to do your work for you, not only do you expect it, you actually have the indignance to demand that we do your research for you, then you picth a hissy fit like Daffy Duck after smoking some bad PCP when no one helps.

So twat-face, do your own research.

[Smile]

Nile_pharaoh
Member # 9938

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nile_pharaoh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi dear first : to get an egyptian citizenship and passport you need to marry and egyptian an stay in this marriage for 2 year.
second : egyptians need visas for all countries except (SYRIA,LIBYA,SUDAN,Malysia & and they can get to israel for 14 days without a visa) but all other countries they need to get a visa from the embassies

Posts: 73 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I beleive that Malta doesn't require a visa for Egyptians. Egyptian men need to have something from the miltary either a completion of service or an exemption. The passport is for 8 years

We had some problems geting a passport for my mother is law becasue she doesn't exist. the only document they could find that mentioned her was on one id card for her father where she was mentioned. So I would say they need to have been registered at birth but that is probably only affecting older people

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
HELLRAISER!!!!!!!!

malta is governed by the same regulations as britain. (im pretty sure about that)...

margarita
Member # 9940

Icon 1 posted      Profile for margarita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egyptians can travel to Jordan visa-free too.

http://www.visitjordan.com/general_information/entry_into_jordan/entry.aspx

Posts: 116 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:
HELLRAISER!!!!!!!!

malta is governed by the same regulations as britain. (im pretty sure about that)...

The Daffy Duck reference was too much wasn't it?
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
im still thinking about what he would actually look like!!!!
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HELLRAISER!!!! SHAME ON YOU!!! DAFFY WAS WAY TOO STRONG!!! TONE IT DOWN MAN!!
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR IS A SORT OF DYLAN..........MAGIC ROUNDABOUT......PETALS.....DAISIES.........GRASSY KNOLLS.........second thoughts forget the grassy knolls....... [Wink]

MPJ 20 egy passport 70 egy pounds. Get same day 70 next day 55 egy pounds.
Fingerprints, criminal certificate from your police station where you live, photos 6, college certificate or work letter stating position.
If male and need to travel with your passport you need military status certificate allowing travel outside country.
Dont get wound up...........hellraiser is cool!!!

[Wink]

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mpj20
Member # 10622

Rate Member
Hellraiser, I am not demanding anything, I was politely asking for help. But it would be too much to expect to find "polite and its synonyms in your vocabulary, wouldn't it? I don't mind if you decide not to answer, "Daffy Duck".

Love

To Margarita, Askar, Nil_Pharao, thank you very much. You've been most heplfull. That's exactly was my freind needed. At least she has some countries now. She is not ineterested in how a foreign citizen can get an Egyptian citizenship, but how the Egyptian citizens get their passport- I mean the procedure- how they apply for it is more or less clear. But possible problems connected with the issue of the passport, is it true, that a husband still has to sign in his wife's passport, and that a wife (Egyptian Citizen) can not leave a country without his signature in it? And in which cases the issue of the passport may be rejected? And we already have some answers on this one- to which countries may Egyptians travel without an entry visa?
So thank you again for your kind help.

mpj20
Member # 10622

Rate Member
tootifrooti
Thanks, for everything. As for the Hellraiser-I JUST ADORE HIM, HE KNOWS THAT. I hope he is not she.

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

quote:
Hellraiser, I am not demanding anything, I was politely asking for help.

Best advice I can give you, is to call the Egyptian Consulate in Vienna, Austria, if that's where you are, they will give you accurate info.
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wives can be added to the husbands passport on a special page. Not sure the reverse?
I expect the refusal would be as any country. Criminal, probation, escapee from prison, etc.
90% sure dont need husbands permision to travel.
Easy to get the passport, but what you really need is the military cert to show at egy airport to allow travel!!!

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Aw!!!! I hear violins.............
'strangers in the night....
exchanging glances...
wondering in the night ....
what were the chances....'
Hellraiser I do believe you have another admirer!!!!!

I love it when we can kiss and make up so quickly without getting all minnesota...... amsterdam and grenoble......
laaa laaa laaa laa la....

[Big Grin] we need some heart and flower smilies!!!

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

BTW, mpj20, that comment about wanting to shove a torque wrench up my ass and all that other stuff you said, duly noted.

Keep it up.

--------------------

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

quote:
Originally posted by tootifrooti:
Aw!!!! I hear violins.............
'strangers in the night....
exchanging glances...
wondering in the night ....
what were the chances....'
Hellraiser I do believe you have another admirer!!!!!

I love it when we can kiss and make up so quickly without getting all minnesota...... amsterdam and grenoble......
laaa laaa laaa laa la....

[Big Grin] we need some heart and flower smilies!!!

Mpj20 backed up and changed her tone so fast, I assumed there was a Ferrari V8 engine attached to her ass.

Make your mind up mpj20.

mpj20
Member # 10622

Rate Member
Hellraiser, Ferrari V-8. OK.
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

quote:
Hellraiser, Ferrari V-8. OK.

Make your mind up, do you "adore" me or think I have "serious problems"?

Can't be both.

Answer the question.

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Tell me, mpj20, does "politely asking for help" constitute suggesting people shove things up their asses?

That's not very "polite" is it?

Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by margarita:
Egyptians can travel to Jordan visa-free too.

Isn't that something that is being revoked?

I read it somewhere and I can't remember where, but that privilage is being revoked.

Same thing with Egyptians going over to Iraq and Iraqis going over to Egypt without a visa.

I hate to think that the GWB administration is forcing that down the Arab world's throat. [Mad]

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mpj20
Member # 10622

Rate Member
I also read Egyptians need visa for Jordan. But again on the other web page, it's written that they don't need one. ?

Hellraiser, I think you are a nice person. I'm sorry, I was not beeing polite with you all the time. But I was serious abot the (I still am) Egyptian passport issue, since my friend is running out of time, and her degree depends pretty much on this social study. She didn't choose this subject, it was "given" to her by the professor, she failed her exam with the said professor 3 times.(She can't change him!) It's her last exam before diploma. So I would really like to help her, and I didn't find it fair from you the way you treated me. And I thought to myself if he is so smart, he should know better than that. He surely knows to which countries the Egyptians may travel visa-free. But obviously you don't know it neither. I was just not in the mood for jokes the other night. So if you have any knowledge on the said subject (Egyptian visas) I would appreciate any help. By the way, I can't tell if you have a serious problem or not, I don't know you. But if you had one, even a small one, like I had with the visas issue, I would try to help,like the others in this forum kidnly did it, and surely I would not be rude, like you were. But may be it had something to do with the moon?

Kind regards, [Wink] [Wink]

mpj20
Member # 10622

Rate Member
Hellraiser, I think she'll call the Egyptian consulate as you suggested, but I was hoping we could get some usefull information here as well, and we certainly have obtained some. Another task of my friend is, she should try to get the information from different sources, not only from the official ones, bla, bla.. and than compare the results etc., etc. [Smile]
citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for citizen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mpj, all she has to do is walk to her local police station and ask what she needs to get a passport. The information will be much more accurate than on here. Husbands used to have to approve, I think the law may have changed a couple of years ago.

Which country does she want to go to? What's the point of giving you a list of yesses and nos for 100s of countries, she must know where she needs to go for her studies. The visa-free countries will only be a very few Arab ones - Libya is definite, I was there a month ago.

Posts: 1039 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martha
Member # 10281

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for martha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
citizen you didn't read the posts thoroughly. Not trying to be rude, just observing.
Posts: 58 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
besiktas
Member # 5446

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for besiktas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have egyptian passport and asked to travel to jordan and i knew from jordan mebassy that i have no probelm to travel to them and no visa,, but the problem is from egypt that i had already tiket but was feery tiket from cairo to amman and i was travelling with females froiegners and still the egyptian offcier ddiont wantto let me travel and i showed him also that my sister is livin in syria and that manytiem i traveled abroad, still he said why i wantt to travle jordan as torist and i am female,, ist was soooooooooooooo stupid, and then my mom said to them that she will travel with me to jordan and tehn we will go to syria to viist my sister andi have proof that my sister is married and living in syira, still he refused to give me permission to travel to jordan and asked that i must need inviation frm jordanian resident and ther eis no trourist for us,, so how iwll i travel i dont know ,, if no visa, bust still u cant travel there... but when i travled another tiem to syria,,with out visa it was ok,, jsut questions , why i am visting syria alone and wo i know there and and proof taht i have fmaily there then tehy allowed me,, as for travelling to trukey last year i had to get visa but as for first timer to travel visa, u have to get inviation from tukrish person, so my friend , she send me inviation and tehn u have to show them ur bank account and then u have to buy ur tiket and book hotel and then show it to them and tehn u apply for visa,, and tehy might accept or refuse,,but after i made interview i got my visa,,ist noraml case for evryone, they give u some hard tiem befre u get visa,,, but then after erything was ready my tiket and i checked in my bags and teh offcier in arioirt told me i cant travel i said whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy he just staid bec egyptian females are not allwed to travel,, so i said how come, i have my passort,,visa, inviation, and never had any criminal case or went evern to police sattion, and i traveld many time abrad, but tsillhe wourldnt let me travle and said i shoudl just go back or ask for higer position police ooficer,, so i went o ask higher police officer and still he refused after he aske dme many question, where is my dad, am i married or not,, who will i see in tukrye and i todl them aslo my mothe rwill come after few days to me to tukry and we have family there,, and hwo much money i have and i said i also have visa and cash and he saw my money and tehn he sid i cant travel,, and i will aheve to get my bags or go to higher police offcier which was my third police offcier to ask what is teh real reason for not travelling aborad,, he just tell me bec i have egyptian passort and i am single female,, so when i showed them my another passport which i have also bangladeshi passport,,which i traveld many counrties before and i had nver has problem,, then he said ok bec, u r not originally egyptian and have dual pasport then he let me travel,,,,,,,,, ist was so stupid and i felt there is no reason to prevent bec, just single female travelling,, but if she have anoterh nationaly then sit ok ist easy for her to travel,,
Posts: 174 | From: cairo | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mpj20
Member # 10622

Rate Member
Thank you so much for all your help. I am really sorry to hear about all the complications you had, dear besiktas, and thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Even tough I think it's against the law, the way the police treated you, having visa, inviation, money and everything, but one can do nothing but be persistant as you were. Looks like, that every single officer is a LAW on his own. Too bad, really.

Love,

mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
besiktas - WHAT THE @#$!^%????
Wow, that is sooooo crazy! I can't believe that story.
Noooo, Egyptian ladies have all the rights to do what they need to, eh?
Ummm, I dont THINK SO!
"I know why the caged bird sings," Maya Angelou

Grrr, that story really pisses me off.

Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mpj20
Member # 10622

Rate Member
besiktas - WHAT THE @#$!^%????

QuenBee, what do these signs mean? That's what I see on may computer. I agree with you.

Mimmi
Member # 3606

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do Egyptians need visa for Turkey??
Posts: 523 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com