EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Girl, 11, will be Britain's youngest mother

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Girl, 11, will be Britain's youngest mother
mocking bird
Member # 10937

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mocking bird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By IAN DRURY, Daily Mail 08:52am 12th May 2006

A girl is to become Britain's youngest mother after becoming pregnant at 11.

The girl smokes 20 cigarettes a day despite being eight months' pregnant. She conceived aged 11 when she lost her virginity to a boy of 15 on a drunken night out with friends.

The 15-year-old has since been charged with rape by police, and is due to appear again at Edinburgh sheriff court on July 10.

Her 34-year-old mother, who gave birth to her youngest child eight months ago, said she was 'proud' of her daughter.

She will be 12 years and 8 months when she has the child next month. Jenny Teague, Britain's youngest mother until now, was a month older when she gave birth in 1997.

How can we best tackle this problem? Tell us in reader comments below

The youngster, who lives near Edinburgh, says looking after her younger brothers has prepared her for motherhood.

But the girl admits she "panics and cries" when babies are unwell and does not feel able to bathe them.

The mother-to-be, who cannot be named for legal reasons, had unprotected sex with the teenage boy, who also cannot be identified, while drunk last August.

'Excited'

She told the Sun: "I didn't think I'd get pregnant because it was my first time. But I'm really excited and looking forward to being a mum.

"I can't wait to take the baby swimming and out for walks in the pram. I think I'll be able to cope as I've had lots of practice looking after my brothers.

"I know how to feed a baby its bottle and I can change nappies. But I panic and cry if they're sick and I don't like giving them a bath because I'm a bit frightened.

"It's good to know I'll have my mum here to help me if I need her."

Concerned she might be pregnant, the girl visited a GP three times but tests proved negative. She learned the truth after buying a home-testing kit from a supermarket.

After the device displayed two blue lines, indicating she was pregnant, she pleaded with a female relative to break the news to her mother. The girl, who has been suspended from her first year of secondary school for fighting, said: "I was paranoid about what my mum was going to say and just frightened about being pregnant too.

"I knew straight away that I couldn't have an abortion because that's something I don't believe in.

"I was upset and so was my mum, especially as she'd just had my wee brother. We had a big argument and I ended up locking myself in my room and running away to a friend's.

"It was really hard but it's brought me and my mum closer, which is good. I knew my mum would stand by me no matter what, but I told her straight away I was going to keep the baby.

"The social worker suggested I got rid of it but I'd never do that."

Smoking at nine

The girl, who has shoulder-length dark hair, began smoking at nine and started drinking tonic wine and vodka cocktails at ten. She claimed her cigarette habit was not harming the health of her unborn child.

She said: "I can give up smoking at any time, but I don't find it affects my pregnancy."

The girl, whose parents split up several years ago, said she would like a baby boy - and may call him Leo.

She is currently being educated at a local community centre but knows she must return to school.

She told the Sun: "My mum has said she will look after the baby so I can go to school. I don't know what I want to do with my life when I leave. I used to want to be a nursery nurse, but now I'm not so sure."

'Proud of my daughter'

Her mum said: "I'm not ashamed of my daughter at all - in fact, I'm proud of her for keeping the baby.

"I know she's worried what other people will say but she can walk out there with her head held high.

"At first I wasn't too happy about becoming a gran. But now I'm used to the idea. I'm really looking forward to having another baby in the house."

The Scottish Conservatives has called for society and families to unite to change attitudes towards sex following the news. web page

Posts: 199 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for concernedforwomen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think it's good to get pregnant at 11, but I really don't know what the solution is. Mocking Bird, maybe if people had meetings at schools to try to make them understand the problems of being a mother at such a young age, then maybe some girls would listen. You can't lock a girl away, so that is not the solution.
Posts: 935 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Small
Member # 7071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr Small     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Americans call them "trailer trash",us british call them "chavs" and unfortunatly where ever you go you will come accross them.Its not just that they are pig ignorant and leech off of society,have never worked and will never work that gets me,its the fact that they like living like that and dont want to be any different.People will defend them by saying they where never given the education and that society has failed them but the truth is they dont want to be educated,all they aspire to is sitting on their lazy arses,banging out kids for every one else to pay for.They contribute nothing but drag everyone else down with them.
Posts: 70 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for concernedforwomen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr.Small, some teenage girls get raped and get pregnant and work hard to support their baby. All teenage mothers are not like. There are some teen mothers who do want to be educated.
Posts: 935 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
interesting she conceived at age 11 and will have the child at 12 years and 8 months... what did she shag, an elephant?

also, shes afraid to bath it but cant wait to take it swimming!

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mocking bird:

Her 34-year-old mother, who gave birth to her youngest child eight months ago, said she was 'proud' of her daughter.

It comes down to the parents in this specific case down to the mother to educate her daughter about sex, smoking, drinking etc. Did I read this correctly that she also had been previously suspended from school because of fighting?

Well that mother has all the reasons to be "proud" of her daughter. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tigerlily.. i think the mums done a fantastic job of educating her daughter about smoking, drinking and sex..

i mean she mastered smoking at the tender age of 9... she can obviously drink as she successfully got drunk... and actually managed to get pregnant on her first ever go! whilst drunk!! there are women all over the world who try and try and cant conceive.

maybe the mother actually showed her... coached her even.

wow... what a woman!

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First it was a teenage pregnancy epidemic, now we're seeing pre-teen pregnancy.

Damn.

Correct me if I'm wrong here ladies, but is a little 11 year old girls' uterus developed enough to give birth to healthy child? Not to mention that she already smokes & drinks.

Makes me sad that this little girl has no positive role models, which is what she really needs, not smokes & alcohol, or a baby.

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:
tigerlily.. i think the mums done a fantastic job of educating her daughter about smoking, drinking and sex..

i mean she mastered smoking at the tender age of 9... she can obviously drink as she successfully got drunk... and actually managed to get pregnant on her first ever go! whilst drunk!! there are women all over the world who try and try and cant conceive.

maybe the mother actually showed her... coached her even.

wow... what a woman!

Honkies in the rural areas do that here to collect welfare payments. Once a mother's womb and welfare limit has been reached, she starts teaching her daughter's the trade. A disabled baby will bring life-long social security payments. Might explain why the kid-mother drinks and smokes.

[Razz] I am sure the mother had the same scheme in mind.

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She should betaken out of her house. There must be something wrong in that family. What kind of a mother will let her children drink and smoke and go to parties at that age.
That mother failed big time and her unborn grandchild should not pay the price of that.

Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Small
Member # 7071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr Small     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Concernedforwomen I did not say all women are like that,I am talking about the ones who chose to be like that,and the men are just the same.
Posts: 70 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DECORISTA
Member # 2848

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DECORISTA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mocking bird:
[QB] By IAN DRURY, Daily Mail 08:52am 12th May 2006

The girl smokes 20 cigarettes a day despite being eight months' pregnant. She conceived aged 11 when she lost her virginity to a boy of 15 on a drunken night out with friends.

I LUUUUVE WESTERN CIVILIZATION,IT COMES UP WITH AMAZING NEW EVENTS ALL THE TIME.

She told the Sun: "I didn't think I'd get pregnant because it was my first time. But I'm really excited and looking forward to being a mum.

OOOOH , CONGRATULATIONS BABY,AT LEAST BOTH ARE GONNA ENJOY SAME INTERSTS.

Posts: 254 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please!

Are you saying that this is Western Civilization?

Ok, so I will say this:

I loooooove muslim civilization!! Who can resist those charming male chauvinistic husbands and honor killings! Goodie!

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anthropos:

I loooooove muslim civilization!! Who can resist those charming male chauvinistic husbands and honor killings! Goodie!

Agreed, when these young girls end up dead its usually due to incest that disgraced their honor.

We are all human, all capable of sin, just some sins are forgiveable to some and not to others. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just saying that since most muslims seem to object when their culture and society is simplified to these incidents, like honor killings (that are undoubtedly rare), then the same can be said about western civilization, i.e. you can't make generalizations about the culture based on freak incidents like this pregnancy.

And besides there is hardly anything coherent called "Western civilization" - the culture is too diverse. Especially if one tries to glue together Europe and America. That just doesn't work.

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
or think of it this way....

it was a western paper that reported this terrible event for shocked westerners to read about...

THAT is a bit more of an accurate portrayal of western civilisation.

now, how many newspapers in muslim civilisations report domestic violence? rape? hmmmmmmmmm

Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:

now, how many newspapers in muslim civilisations report domestic violence? rape? hmmmmmmmmm

Actually the Egyptian Gazzette reports alot of crimes, but with its English version website reporting only 7 articles a day we miss out on alot of crime reporting.

Besides I think there is a publication that reports only on crimes, most of them being domestic crimes of some sort. Its been around since the 1930s and its very popular. But it doesn't have an online version and certainly not in English.

Its kinda like airing your dirty laundry, Egyptians won't do it in front of westerners and since most crime happens within the family I can understand why.

catch a 4alling **ChImP**
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh well what can i say my sister inlaw had her first kid at 12 and the other two before she was 16 ,and then her daughter had hers at 14 now that bit ran in the family and it certainly wasnt rape ,it was cus shes bloody too highly sex or a twat old enough to be her father sweet talked her and he was NOT FAMILY ,,MOST OF IT CAN HAPPEN IN THE HOME about 90% the rest is strangers or so called friends..but most abuse can come from the home ...and actually canbe handed down to generation now thats shity ..
Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
so she was a gran at 26.

she should tour all the seaside holiday towns and enter all the glamorous granny contests..

she could win loads... a life long subscription to bella, a quarter weight of mohair wool, clarkes vouchers, brown chequered shopping trolleys....

condoms for her granchild...

Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow i didnt see that a gran at 26 ohhhhhh so thanx in reminding me.....im keep a record of that ,man im so so thick ..shud have thought to pick up on that i tell my brother he might grow hair back ....!!!!!!!!
Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 11 year old girl would be married to her 50 year old cousin if she had beeen a muslim - but hey then she wouldn't be smoking and drinking...........................
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DECORISTA
Member # 2848

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DECORISTA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Please!

Ok, so I will say this:

I said western civilization but also I said it's an Event (Exception). I have no hard feelings againest anybody, I used to live in the west my self and I enjoyed it
Posts: 254 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DECORISTA
Member # 2848

Rate Member
quote:
Please!

Ok, so I will say this:

Also,I didn't say Christian civilization,there is nothing to do with religion,the word (western) is not the same of the word (Christian). why you mix up? but I think your reply reflects what you feel inside.....
DECORISTA
Member # 2848

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tibe:
The 11 year old girl would be married to her 50 year old cousin if she had beeen a muslim - but hey then she wouldn't be smoking and drinking...........................

at least she will be MARRIED not smoking 20 cigarettes a day despite being eight months' pregnant. She conceived aged 11 when she lost her virginity to a boy of 15 on a drunken night out with friends.

and the most funny thing is her mam reaction (Her 34-year-old mother, who gave birth to her youngest child eight months ago, said she was 'proud' of her daughter) [Big Grin]

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
at least she would be married?

OMG.. yea, so she cant get away from him and gets to be legally raped again when shes 12, 13....

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by BaBa-Mido:
quote:
Please!

Ok, so I will say this:

Also,I didn't say Christian civilization,there is nothing to do with religion,the word (western) is not the same of the word (Christian). why you mix up? but I think your reply reflects what you feel inside.....
oh please..

how often are we 'westerners' told to respect muslim traditions when we come to YOUR country.

isnt that saying egypt is a muslim country? i hear that all the time... we dont say england is a christian country... so yes, i would say the comparison is valid.

DECORISTA
Member # 2848

Rate Member
Did you say (told)? you mean that you don't respect others unless somebody tells you!!!

As long as you are not in your country, you have to respect other people feelings, it's by common sence...same to arabs when they are in the west they must respect their cultur.

But it's not a big deal. if you don't wanna respect other! don't worry you will be inforced to respect [Big Grin]

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
typical response.... TOTALLY IGNORED THE POINT.

i'll try to explain myself again (although i think its futile)

egypt is said to be a muslim country.

the west cant be said to be a christian country.

therefor, what you said in response to tibes post was unwarranted.

you cant have it all ways. your either a muslim country or your not.

DECORISTA
Member # 2848

Rate Member
you cant have it all ways. your either a muslim country or your not.

That sounds like George W. Bush when said (Either you with us or you with the terrorists)

No man I think we are in between [Smile]

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
in between what? Libya and sudan?

the more i read your posts the more i realise you are just here to provoke.

hmmmmm... your either with america or a with terrorists. compared to your either a muslim country or not.

then, to further show your shallow mindedness you then answer the question.

you say you are NOT a muslim country. i think an awful lot of people would disagree with you.

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
at least she would be married?

OMG.. yea, so she cant get away from him and gets to be legally raped again when shes 12, 13....

That made me throw up a little in my mouth as well.
Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DECORISTA
Member # 2848

Rate Member
quote:
in between what? Libya and sudan?

the more i read your posts the more i realise you are just here to provoke.

hmmmmm... your either with america or a with terrorists. compared to your either a muslim country or not.

then, to further show your shallow mindedness you then answer the question.

you say you are NOT a muslim country. i think an awful lot of people would disagree with you.

Is taht your real picture under the word (charm El Feikh?) ?? Now I understand where did you came from [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Next time i'll bring you some garbbage , so you can eat and sleep in.

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
thanks for confirming my suspicions. i really cant be bothered to enter into a pointless slanging match with someone as retarded as you.... it would just feel wrong.
Mr Small
Member # 7071

Member Rated:
I guess Abu Hamza had no common sense?
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
ergh he makes my skin cringe ,ergh it bears not thinking about him ....
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I notice the journalists name is Ian Drury-wasnt he a singer who had a band called the blockheads?
Cant remeber their song-one famous one only?

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
hes dead the singer ..HIT ME WITH YOUR RYTHEM STICK ...SEX DRUGS AND ROCKN ROLL
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh yeah I remember now! thanks chimps
Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Small
Member # 7071

Member Rated:
That was Ian Dury not Drury.
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
oops sorry i put my hands up there oh well im getting old [Eek!] thanx

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com