EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » What happened to BBC Prime TV?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What happened to BBC Prime TV?
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any brits out there know what happened to BBC Prime TV in Egypt? It disappeared yesterday. Life without Eastenders, Doctors and Casualty is too hard to bear!!
Posts: 588 | From: an oasis near the pyramids | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catch a 4alling **ChImP**
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THEY EVEN PLUGGED OFF FROM IRAQ TOO FOR SOME REASON EVEN AL JEZEARAH ,NO MUCH INFO FROM THIS END I THINK ITS WRKING NOW ISNT IT..
Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No - still no luck. Seems like I am the only one in Egypt watching it anyway!!
Posts: 588 | From: an oasis near the pyramids | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It just disappered off the screen along with several other chanels. I too watch Eastenders and am missing it - life in Luxor without my daily fix of UK misery is just not the same. [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Everything for me - www.Luxor4me.com

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ninky
Member # 10736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ninky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I know what you mean, where has it gone, I am missing "strictly come dancing" and "move to the country" Oh please bring it back, I want see what happening down albert square, although it gone **** since I was in UK, but Grant oh you lovely bald headed man you!!!

--------------------
Do you think I look like George Clooney!!!

Posts: 155 | From: Eeeegggyyypppttt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still get it in Hurghada.

--------------------
Whitelily

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shall have to get the man with his little box back in again. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Everything for me - www.Luxor4me.com

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Semsema:
I still get it in Hurghada.

Sem do you pay for it?? I was told it's free now, but when I did a channel search, I could only get it with a 'dollar' sign!
But Mel said she got it free but can't get it now!!! Whats going on???

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ninky
Member # 10736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ninky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wrote to the the BBC Prime website and they told me it was the fault of the service provider not from their side.
But I do not pay for it maybe they are cutting it from those who do not pay!
booooo hoooooo

I am missing all my favourite programmes

--------------------
Do you think I look like George Clooney!!!

Posts: 155 | From: Eeeegggyyypppttt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Has anyone got it back again yet?
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Samia it is part of my package with Orbit.

--------------------
Whitelily

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Semsema:
Yes Samia it is part of my package with Orbit.

Hmmmmmm...I'll pick your brain about this on Wednesday.... I need some decent telly!!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemonspice
Member # 5667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemonspice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BBC Prime was free for a while until things changed and now it's only part of the Orbit package- which is a paid one ofcourse.
Posts: 604 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Up on the screen this morning it says that BBC World News is changing to another frequency.

I hope it doesn't go the same way as Prime.

All you lucky people who can get their boxes fiddled with, Orbit can't be done!

--------------------
Whitelily

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds about right. my TV costs about £70 a month... add to that pay per view boxing and football and it can often be £100... its far far far toooooo expensive.

im pissed off at the moment because since HD has come out, im convinced the normal picture quality is being reduced... what a con.

has anyone noticed a bad picture... then a sky HD advert comes on and the picture is perfect... then it sucks again?

people make me laugh at how stupid they are... ive heard people watch these adds and comment on how amazing the picture is....

how can you see it on your old TV not receiving HD?!!!!

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Does that mean that if you get your box fiddled with you can get BBC Prime back? I don't want to pay out all this money for Orbit!
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Apparently your friendly local sattelite man can come and 'tap into ' it for a fee.... but.... Orbit are on to it, and, every few weeks change the frequency to stop you doing this!!
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
A friend of mine rang her local satellite man yesterday to see if he could tap into hers again - but he said that he still did not have the codes to do it.
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
That's right Samia and Luxorlover. One of the guys at my work got his box 'fiddled with' and got about 600 channels! He has now lost the ones he really wanted. Noticed this morning it is only going to be South East Asia that will be affected by BBC World.

--------------------
Whitelily

newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Semsema!

It is the BBC World South Asia and Middle Eastern region that will be affected by the changes, and that includes Egypt, as far as I can see. This is what the BBC website says about the changes:

Important Notice for South Asia and Middle East audiences

BBC World, which is widely available in South Asia and the Middle East on cable and satellite, will on 15th June 2006, encrypt its digital broadcast TV signal on the PanAmSat10 satellite to South Asia and the Middle East.

This will affect the following countries and territories: India, Pakistan, the Middle East, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka and the Maldives.

This change is in response to the dynamic and rapidly expanding cable TV and DTH satellite market across the region. BBC World's distribution teams are working closely with key distributors to ensure you will be able to receive the channel after the signal is encrypted.

Please contact your cable or satellite provider to ensure you are still able to receive the BBC World channel after the 15th June.

BBC World offers viewers a truly international news agenda and global perspective and its audiences. BBC World is one of the world's most trusted news sources offering unmatched, impartial, in-depth analysis of breaking news and events from around the world.

BBC World is committed to offering its viewers the highest quality of journalism and programming, such as May's compelling season of programmes - Business Frontiers and Emerging Giants.

Contact details:

Cable or satellite operators or hoteliers
Please contact BBC World at one of the locations listed below for further information about how to receive the encrypted BBC World signal from 15th June 2006;

London +44 20 8433 2221
Delhi +91 11 341 3244
Bangalore +91 80 235 1070
Mumbai +91 22 281 6590
Karachi +92 21 7766351 - 3
Dubai +44 20 8433 2221

Cable viewers

If you are viewing BBC World via cable TV then please contact your local cable operator to continue to receive BBC World.

Direct to home viewers

If you are viewing via your own satellite receiver dish please contact your local DTH pay TV provider.

Hotel viewers
If you are viewing BBC World in a hotel bedroom then please contact the hotel manager.

For queries relating to BBC World programmes contact:

Customer Relations
BBC World, PO Box 5054, London, W12 0ZY
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8433 2221
Fax: +44 (0) 20 8433 3040
Email: bbcworld@bbc.co.uk

Open weekdays: 09:30-17:30 local London time

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
In the meantime, can some kind person in the UK tell me what is happening with Grant and Jane in Eastenders?
I have tried the Egyptian soap operas, but I get sidetracked wondering how these rich Cairo housewives manage to jangle around their homes covered in gold bracelets, and huge gold earrings, and I forget the plot!! [Smile]

soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all, I have been reading these pages for a while now, but have just found something to contribute. Typical English, and it is about Eastenders!!!!!!!!!

I haven't seen much this week, but I can tell you that Grant has got back with the women he left in Brazil or wherever it was!!! She turned up out of the blue!

Hope this is of use!

Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by samakwish:
In the meantime, can some kind person in the UK tell me what is happening with Grant and Jane in Eastenders?
I have tried the Egyptian soap operas, but I get sidetracked wondering how these rich Cairo housewives manage to jangle around their homes covered in gold bracelets, and huge gold earrings, and I forget the plot!! [Smile]

well... it depends where you lost track...

pat caught jane overting her eyes in the cafe when grant kissed karla... she confronted jane.. then she confronted grant.. grant went mental at jane... now hes being the typical mitchell bastard...

grant slept with karla and now they are planning to open a restaurant in portugal. peggy loves karla and she had a go at courtney (cause courtney hates karla) she tried to tell peggy about the affair with ray but she wouldnt listen. then courtney caught karla on the phone talking about ray......

SO... basically what will probably happen is she will get caught out (between courtney and peggy) peggy will give her a slap, grant will go mad and jane will rush to his side, ian will catch her out and hopefully kill himself!

hehe... i live right by the BBC studios where the square is (and the big brother house)...
were always getting cast members in the pubs here.

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Thanks for that Charm and biker babe. I just don't want to miss the bit when Ian finds out!! [Smile]
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com