EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » an English teacher looking for work in Hurghada

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: an English teacher looking for work in Hurghada
Aga
Member # 11058

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Aga     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am an English teacher, and Im moving to Hurghada in August. I'm interested in finding a work there. I'd love to be a teacher still, but I can work as a translator or in some hotels. If You have any suggestions or propositions I'll be really grateful.I speak English fluently, I spent some time in Great Britain studing English, and I know some German too. I'm looking forward to hearing from You. Greeetings for all working and living and loving in Egypt:) Aga
Posts: 25 | From: Poland | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aga... to be employed in the schools, you'll need more than a one-month tourist visa... I'd check out the visa situation first,,, as, at the moment, they're not keen on giving more than 3 months to Eastern Europeans.. the system sucks, but it's still the system here!!
If you can overcome this, the schools in Hurghada are... St Josephs, Rajac, (but be careful with then!!) El Gouna, (considered the best) and there is a new French school opening.
Busy Bees in Mashrabeya Street has now also evolved from an English nursery to a primary school.
I wish you the best of luck!!! [Smile]

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aga
Member # 11058

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Aga     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Samia, thank You for the quick and really optimistic answer:)It is nice to hear that there is sth in Hurghada or around connected with teaching English..and teaching small children is really good idea, I am doing it in Poland at the moment also. I am moving to Hurghada in August, what means I am going to live there some longer time:)(If You know what I mean:))Love made me to change my living in Poland for life in Egypt:))Thank You again, I wish You good luck too. Do You know if I should do all on place, I mean after coming, or maybe send some CV to this school You mentioned now ..Could I have any suggestion from You please...Thanks again Aga
Posts: 25 | From: Poland | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Aga,

Mrs. Sue on Mobile No; 0103904691 is the person you need to talk to at Busy Bees Nursery. They are actually looking for English speaking staff at the moment.

Samia - see you tomorrow night.

--------------------
Whitelily

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try the Polish forum for Hurghada to inquire information. You might not find immediately work as an English teacher but probably something in the tourism business. Good luck with your move, settling down, making friends and love..... [Smile]

http://www.forum.hurghada.pl/

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aga
Member # 11058

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Aga     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you very much for such an optimistic information. My man will call this nursery, and I hope it will work. Chears, Aga

Ps. If U know something someday, could U please give me any information?thank U and have a nice time

Aga
Member # 11058

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aga     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank U too Egyptlily:)I was searching on the Polish forum U are talking about, but really it isnt that optimistic as this site. Even reading about feelings and love between Europeans and Egyptians can make all feel really really awful:)
Greetings to U and have fun:)

--------------------
Aga Ploszaj

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aga...it's almost impossible to send post to Egypt.... nobody actually has an address!! I've lived here over 3 years and have never recieved mail, due to the fact that most streets in Hurghada don't even have a name!!
You COULD try..
Busy Bees Nursery and school
Mashrabeya Street
Sekkala
Hurghada

Or...phone them, or maybe they've got a website with an e-mail link!
But...your English must be excellent, as I believe they normally use only English staff!! But.... best of luck, let us know how you get on!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yea.. what is it with no addresses? when i left egypt i asked for an address so i could send some arsenal kits out... they kinda looked at eachother and said... "where would we pick them up from... a post place? maybe the airport" i just laughed... silly me... of course an address is just toooo much to expect!!!!
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
A lot of people have PO boxes.... it's not worth it to me... the main post office is 2 bus rides away!
So... I remain a post-free zone!!! [Big Grin]

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think its great! no bills!!! no junk mail!! heaven!
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mooneal
Member # 8782

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mooneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also wish my native friend good luck.Typical Polish errors [Smile]
Proposal = proposition
studing = studying
an information
Good luck! I'm not ironical.

Posts: 810 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timo
Member # 7193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:
i think its great! no bills!!! no junk mail!! heaven!

Yeah thats true ...but also ...No AMAZON.com delivery ...or even food delivary [Razz]
Posts: 420 | From: LALA Land | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timo
Member # 7193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW Aga ...i think samia is talking abt Hurghada specificaly...bec in cairo ...its like any where in the world ...there r many egyption post office in every district, DHL,UPS ..etc
Posts: 420 | From: LALA Land | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aga
Member # 11058

Rate Member
thanks again for the quick answer.it is so funny with that post office matter:))))i send letters regulary to Cairo and there arent any problems, that's why I thought it is all the same in Hurghada....anyway I am happy to see the light in the tunnel and in August after my coming Ill do my best to get the work.greetings for U and hear you again:)
Aga
Member # 11058

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aga     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mooneal...hallo my friend:)dont U have anything more interesting to do??? if not, just back off, mkey????anyway greetings and ....b the best! [Smile] )

--------------------
Aga Ploszaj

Aga
Member # 11058

Rate Member
ahhhhhhh, and once more my friend mooneal..check please the meaning of PROPOSITION and then correct mistakes:)))but still..have a nice time and greetings from PL

--------------------
Aga Ploszaj

Timo
Member # 7193

well service in other cities in Egypt r less in quality ...but i usually use DHL to send to Sharm el shikh or Hurghada and it works well and fast...it costs more offcours but with efficiancy ...and i think everything will b much much clearer when u r here ...not easier ..CLEARER [Razz] ...but wish u da best ...enjoy [Wink]
Aga
Member # 11058

Rate Member
Heyyy Timo, thanks for so many nice sentences. sure, it must b sth that let me post some letters sometimes. I dont know how it is all in Hurghada but I know that 'corresponding with Cairo' is not a problem. I cant wait to b in Egypt, it is only 3 weeks and Im jumping among U guys:)first Cairo and then Hurghada...uhhhhhhhh, it will b hotttt.greetings my friend and hear you:)again

--------------------
Aga Ploszaj

Timo
Member # 7193

u r welcome AgA ...wish u da best overthere ...& belive me it will b HOT [Razz]
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
today its too hot to walk in the street in the sun in Hurghada!!! [Cool] [Cool] [Cool]
Aga
Member # 11058

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Aga     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really cant wait for these hot sunny days in Hurghada, especially that in Poland now is so cold even if it is June:)))and Im waiting for the hot days in a new place with a new culture and all will b hotttttttt and new for me, and even I have butterflies in my stomach while writing about all that what will happen Im so happy and curious and open for Egypt...especially having 'a helping hand' beside:)))))Life is too short for thinking only if sth will b good or not:)See ya there
Timo
Member # 7193

get extra skin with u AgA [Razz] ...it's so dam hot and sunny [Smile] wish u best of luck there [Wink]
Aga
Member # 11058

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Aga     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...hmmmmm...it is all so weird now...Im just 2,5 weeks before my going to Egypt, I should b excited mostly and ready to pack my luggage:)..and while reading some pages or talks on this forum..Im thinking and thinking and thinking if it is all so beautiful about all this great Egypt...maybe Im just spending too much time browsing news on this forum..but...mixed and confused I feel today:(On the other side it must b like that before such an important thing as moving and changing comfortable and stable life in Poland I'll make soon...still I have the same opinion-it is better to risk and have an ass kicked than only sit and wait...for something that may not happen....hmmmmmmmmmmm, it is just this day making me talk like that today...tomorrow will b different I'm sure, greetings to all having great time in Egypt:))))
Aga
Member # 11058

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Aga     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...hmmmmm...it is all so weird now...Im just 2,5 weeks before my going to Egypt, I should b excited mostly and ready to pack my luggage:)..and while reading some pages or talks on this forum..Im thinking and thinking and thinking if it is all so beautiful about all this great Egypt...maybe Im just spending too much time browsing news on this forum..but...mixed and confused I feel today:(On the other side it must b like that before such an important thing as moving and changing comfortable and stable life in Poland I'll make soon...still I have the same opinion-it is better to risk and have an ass kicked than only sit and wait...for something that may not happen....hmmmmmmmmmmm, it is just this day making me talk like that today...tomorrow will b different I'm sure, greetings to all having great time in Egypt:))))
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
hey Aga...

im sure what your feeling is perfectly natural. i really admire your adventurous spirit... dont worry, go, live life to the full honey... your only regret on your death bed will be the things you COULD have done and didnt.

Timo
Member # 7193

Dear AgA ...this is normal ...i feel chiled if im going on a normal trip for a few weeks or days ...so what do u think if it's totaly moving out 2 another country ?? [Big Grin] and as my Reveren CHARM said in her holy post of the EG : "dont worry, go, live life to the full honey... your only regret on your death bed will be the things you COULD have done and didnt" AMIIIIIIIN [Razz] ....i love such spirit in like the one u have ....alot of ppl prefare to settle down quickly ..afraid to see or hear or do new things in their own life ...prefare to settle for what they know ...chiken in the farm life style...u choosed to be on ur own ...to b opened for more ...u will know and learn and enjoy ...keep reading and gather as much info as u can but dnt take any impressions to the heart till u cum here and c it ur self and experiance it ... and if any worries pass by ur mind ...cum and throw it all in this forum ...and we will help u kick the hell out of it's ****-y A$$ [Wink] take care ...and GET READYYYYYY 2 RUMBLEEEEEEEEEE [Wink]
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Hey Aga.... I did the same almost 4 years ago.... and... although life isn't always easy.... definitely not one long holiday as people imagine... Egypt is still the place where I want to be most!!! I had a 3-month "reality check" back in London recently... and I couldn't wait toget "home" to Egypt!!
Just take my advice....don't close all the doors behind you, and make sure you've got an 'escape route' to Poland if you need one!!
Have you applied to Busy bees yet?
Best of luck, girl!!! [Smile]

Aga
Member # 11058

Rate Member
sunny day today even in Poland...not only outside my window but also in my soul and mind after reading it all U've friends just written.yesterday has almost passed away, I mean I feel fine and happy cause it is only some days and the biggest problem I will have it will b hot weather ... [Smile] ))and hot feelings of course;)I'm sure!I know that it is not the life when U just keep Urself in a one, cosy place holding Ur parents'warm hands:))The first move may b hard,...fu..ing confussing feelings must accompany especially at the very beggining...sometimes Im just following them, but only sometimes fortunately:)I may b crazy for some friends of mine, but it is really positive crazyness...and I always admire all these people who try, and live their lifes powerfully, and taking life as it comes it is the point:)))...I am happy to have U here, for sure I will b coming here always either with bad or with great feelings. Greetings as warm as the Egyptian sun is: [Smile] )
Aga
Member # 11058

Rate Member
aha..Samia..My boyfriend called this nursery, and they said to him that I must come, and then give them my CV, and have interview...and as U and some people said it would b better and easier to organize all after coming.So I will first go to Cairo for one month and then I'll move to Hurghada and I will start doing all to have 'my'teacher's work:)I heard that in Cairo it may b easier with such a work, but we decided to live in Hurghada. Something must happen, and I am open for all what is unknown:)I believe in cause and effect, and nothing is happening by coincidence..so...let it b:)))kisses and greetings

--------------------
Aga Ploszaj

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
ok..... pm me sometime, and I'll give you my phone number... I'll try and help you in any way I can!
Timo
Member # 7193

Hey AgA ...i think it's better that u decided to live in Hurghada ...Cairo is very stressfull especiall if u will cum directly to work not for pleasure ...Cairo is GREAT for a one or 2 week tour ...but once u get out from the tourist coat its much much different ...as any other country offcours ...but here the reality bites harder
Aga
Member # 11058

Rate Member
...well well...I feel fresh today, let it b like that all the time:)but fresh does not mean no different feelings and considering my decidion...considering but being sure I want to do it anyway:)crazy Aga I am, aren't I.:)some hours ago my parents went to Hurghada for 2-week holidays...they are in love with Egypt, it is their 6th time there...also crazy for some people knowing from TV that Egypt is full of war, soldiers and bombs everywhere. :)what is nice that they really understand my admiring over this country..sure not country only but its boy (my boy) especially:)what makes me feel a bit scary it is the culture differences in some fields of course and if I can cope with all this...but at the same time I see these culture distinction also here in Poland..so...I am so anxious and impatient now...I am counting my days and I am partly already on Hurghada's beach and I see these noisy streets ...and ...lack of words:)))
ps. Poland-Equador 0:2...no comments:)))cheers!!!

Timo
Member # 7193

im not a bog fan for the polish soccer team ...but when i saw the women supporters on TV i started to be [Big Grin] ill b sad if they go out from the 1st round ...hey is that an Ecuador Babe ??? ECUADOOOOOOOOOOR ECUADOOOOOOOOOR YEYYYYYY [Razz]
Aga
Member # 11058

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Aga     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good evening again, still from Poland...time is running so quickly...holidays are coming also, I am a teacher so lucky me cause I have 2-month holiday:)so I am going in 2 weeks to Egypt, and at the same time I must work only two weeks and the school year finishes:)))My mind is clear mostly, some second thoughts are coming sometimes...naturally:)It's so hot today even in poland so I can imagine what is in Egypt:)))greeting for all, cheers... [Smile]
Kajsa77
Member # 11205

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kajsa77   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Aga,

I thought you might have a look at this site as you are going to live in Hurgada ,that might be very helpful for you or give u a cold shower,anyway worth to read and make your own opinion.

Greetings

--------------------
Kajsa Caello

Posts: 6 | From: Poland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kajsa77
Member # 11205

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kajsa77   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.kunstkamera.net/

It's russian site but also you will find posts in english

--------------------
Kajsa Caello

Posts: 6 | From: Poland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aga
Member # 11058

Rate Member
Hallo my friend:), thanks for suggestion, sure I know this site U told me to visit, and so many other, but i think the best way to get a cold shower will b going to Egypt, live there and then give the opinion. I am going in one week, I am expecting to have a great time there, I now that it will b also hard time for me, because I will change my place, I will leave my work, my friends and family so the missing days naturally will come, but it is always while changing Ur life place, isnt it.Sure...I got a chance from life to change something and even I can get a kick in my a...I wanna do it and try the taste of a real Egyptian culture, not only the taste of some people that only visited Egypt or had bad experience..it is not the way I see life ....I will never know till I dont try it all by myself. Anyway greetings and kisses from Poland.
Kajsa77
Member # 11205

Rate Member
Hey Aga,
I used to live in Cairo for 2 years and i have very good memories from my staying.I also met there friends for a live time although i never involved into relationship with egyptian guy.
What i am saying is that you can have great time in Egypt depends on what purpose u r going there and what r ur expectations.
But i agree with you that " u will never find out what's there until u try it"

If you didnt notice I am also from Poland [Smile]

--------------------
Kajsa Caello

Aga
Member # 11058

Rate Member
hej hej my Polish friend, sure I have noticed that U are my Polish freind:)I am going to my boyfreind that will become my hubby:)My expectations?I just want to live happy with my man, and be in a hot Hurghada, and work there and have a crazy, adventurous change, I want to try sth new, and see how it is to live in a new country. I treat it all like a big advanture, the advanture of my life. I am open to try it, even some people say to me not to do this. I dont wanna to break all I have now just because of peoples opinion, some of them got kicks and finished unhappy in Egypt, but there a bunch of lucky people enjoying their life in Egypt, alone, with friends or with boyfriends and husbands. Every corner of the world has some surprises, but till we dont see it with own eyes we will not find the truth. All just happend in my life with no planning and I am ready to do all is happening here and now. Thanks for Ur reply and can U tell me more about Ur time in Cairo and what was the reason of going there and alllll:)))pa pa, do uslyszenia

--------------------
Aga Ploszaj

Kajsa77
Member # 11205

Rate Member
Well, I am working for an American Company ,they were opening in Cairo a new branch and i was send there to coordinate everything .

--------------------
Kajsa Caello

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com