EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Egyptian Expats: What do you miss about Egypt?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptian Expats: What do you miss about Egypt?
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1- Koshari
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing... yet!!! But I'll miss my many dear friends!!! [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Message is clear..

You guys miss wala 7aga!

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ilahwa ...
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egyptian Mafia
Member # 10974

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egyptian Mafia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what is expats???? do you mean egyptians living abroad???

if it is so...then I DO NOT MISS ANYTHING!!!! whats there to miss other than everything in egypt is delivered.....

Posts: 183 | From: Toronto, Canada / Cairo, Egypt | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
expats is short for expatriates ...

u'll start missing egypt when u live there and actually build ties with the country. for now, all u r doing is comparing it to Canada.

Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by _Masrawi_:
u'll start missing egypt when u live there and actually build ties with the country.

I agree with that.

And I'm not an expat, but I think there are lots of things unique to Egypt that a person could miss. [Smile]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egyptian Mafia
Member # 10974

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egyptian Mafia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only thing I miss is that everything in Egypt is deliverable.....thats why I miss it...and what I miss is that tons of resturants are open 24/7

(((and the traffic in egypt and the swearing of ppl on the streets and the fights!

is that something I should be proud off???????)))))

Posts: 183 | From: Toronto, Canada / Cairo, Egypt | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss el 7ammam!! Not el stuffed 7amam beta3 fara7at-though i miss that one too.
El 7aMMam!

--------------------
Same crap...Different toilet

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you miss about the 7ammam [Confused]
Timo
Member # 7193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:

Hehehe same question [Big Grin] what is so special about it
Posts: 420 | From: LALA Land | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Timo:
quote:

Welcome back man!

When we fight it's like siblings' fights.. Don't think I hate you for real [Wink]

LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:

Ausar, have you mistaken this thread for a toilet? [Razz]
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mistaken? [Big Grin]
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

gahala ... mish 3arfeen il7ammam.

yasalam 3ala il7ammam wi ayyamo.

pissypants
Member # 11287

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pissypants     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss going to a government office and how if you want a passport a visa or something you get it right away no waiting weeks for a stamp or what have you

--------------------
eesu

Posts: 1 | From: udniheb | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shock and Awe:
quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:
mistaken? [Big Grin]

Hey charm, how are you. I wanted to ask you why you didn't register on http://egyptnowboard.com with the name Charm and use missy instead?
hi auto, im fine thankyou. how are you?
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG there are so many wesites about Egypt.
Posts: 979 | From: Another world | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
PMLS@ co-wife!
Kerry
Member # 6310

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Kerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss the Bawabguy which brings me stuff from supermarket if im too lazy [Smile] or just a basket from the balcony and u can shop everything u need nevermind what time [Smile]
i miss drivin around in my car and askin the taxidrivers for the way, and than he drive the whole way infront of me to show me !!!
i miss if im bored that neighbours or even the bawabfamily is ready for a talk.
and i miss our balcony which can hold me for hours for just watchin the crazystreet which sells million of nonsense!!!!or kids playin soccer.
i even miss all those HORRORIBLE parkguys which want 1 or 2 pounds for just doin nothin:) [Smile] [Smile] i really like even the bad things in egypt, best thing i miss is the traffic on 6th october bridge way to misr el gedida...people which live there know what i mean [Wink]

sleep good guys and i wanna read more so i can dream about crazycairo/egypt

Posts: 147 | From: Mainz,Germany/ Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
OH PLEASE GOD NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO... not another egy board.... AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Free Radikal:
Just to let you know what I will be doing in the next little while is you penalty for using my name without my permission, of course if you apologize in time things could be different.

Oooops..

Everyone..

Enbate7ooooooo!!

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kerry:
I miss the Bawabguy which brings me stuff from supermarket if im too lazy [Smile] or just a basket from the balcony and u can shop everything u need nevermind what time [Smile]
i miss drivin around in my car and askin the taxidrivers for the way, and than he drive the whole way infront of me to show me !!!
i miss if im bored that neighbours or even the bawabfamily is ready for a talk.
and i miss our balcony which can hold me for hours for just watchin the crazystreet which sells million of nonsense!!!!or kids playin soccer.
i even miss all those HORRORIBLE parkguys which want 1 or 2 pounds for just doin nothin:) [Smile] [Smile] i really like even the bad things in egypt, best thing i miss is the traffic on 6th october bridge way to misr el gedida...people which live there know what i mean [Wink]

sleep good guys and i wanna read more so i can dream about crazycairo/egypt

you know this is one of the things i love too. that's why i think, people are too harsh when they say that taxi drivers are inhuman, because they are not. i can't tell you how many times i was lost, and a taxi driver would let me follow him till i reached my destination.
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timo
Member # 7193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Timo:
quote:

Welcome back man!

When we fight it's like siblings' fights.. Don't think I hate you for real [Wink]

he he he ...tnx ...its nice to know that Koshari [Wink] & nither do i ...but to say the truth il b afraid if we ever meet in real life and have a disccusion and u give me ur sibiling's treat hehehe [Big Grin] Peace ma Freind & have a nice day
Posts: 420 | From: LALA Land | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Free Radikal:
Just to let you know what I will be doing in the next little while is you penalty for using my name without my permission, of course if you apologize in time things could be different.

Oooops..

Everyone..

Enbate7ooooooo!!

Ee dah [Confused]

Was there a fight here last night or did I just have too much Koshari for dinner?

Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You ingested too much Koshari.

--------------------
Don't freak out, sonomod, Organized Crime, whatever. If I annoy you its me!

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i miss my husband and his family the most and the great food they have there so fresh. i dont miss cairo though but do miss the beach in el gusier where we had our honeymoon right on the red sea
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatic
Member # 7290

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-People
-Desert
-Sea
-Koskosy,Eshta ,Farawla....sometimes together.

Posts: 140 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
El 7ammam!!???? It doesnt need any expalantion!!!

Come on.
When I went to Egypt last time I was devastated over what happened to el 7ammam!!

I spent the best days of life there!!! Ella el 7ammam dah wakhed 7etta men alby and i dont want to talk more abt it bcz i get emotional!

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ngeg:
Ella el 7ammam dah wakhed 7etta men alby and i dont want to talk more abt it bcz i get emotional!

[Confused]

The only piece of me that the 7ammam takes I'm afraid I can't mention here..

Care to explain more??

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss my friends in Hurghada... and I miss sitting outside the coffee shops watching the stupid tourists go by.....
Nothing like that here in UAE!!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
I miss my friends in Hurghada... and I miss sitting outside the coffee shops watching the stupid tourists go by.....

Samia,
I didnt know u moved to UAE. Drop me a PM if u want to hook up for shisha or sth.. Welcome to the toy city babe.

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ngeg:
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:

Samia,
I didnt know u moved to UAE. Drop me a PM if u want to hook up for shisha or sth.. Welcome to the toy city babe.

Thanks ngeg.... but I'm in Ras Al Khaimah..... and not sure how long I'll stay... not liking it too much at the moment!!!
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Ras el khaimah???
I've never heard of anyone living there..how is it like???
I hope ur stay will get better or u find another chance in UAE.
Still, if u need anything..I'm just a PM away.
Salam

--------------------
Same crap...Different toilet

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
I miss everything.... thats why I'm coming home!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
may day
Member # 8936

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for may day   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i miss the dirty streets of cairo and the unbelievable noice from car horns
Posts: 46 | From: greece | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by may day:
i miss the dirty streets of cairo and the unbelievable noice from car horns

Why miss all that when you have it all in Athens?

Here, let my try some of my British accent on you:

Noice to meet you [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com